• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
mmm I dunno really bunch of people are coming that I dont know about or something... maybe 15 - 20?
could be as low as 12 but I doubt that, (but if it is somewhere around 12 we'll do a round robin where everyone plays everyone if time permits)
either way its gonna be good, but I didnt make the special doubles prize, I'll wait till toby and ricky can show up before I do that :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
double post!!! (I wonder how many of these I have been forced to do in my own thread... :( )
anyways this scene is starting to pick up but we need more peoples in our scene, start hunting guys.
edited first page

Throwback

Smash Lord
We don't hate melee, it's a great game. We've just moved on is all - why play melee when you can play Brawl, which we (the ACT Brawl community....) think is better?

edit: The ridiculous negativity directed at brawl from some members of the melee community hasn't helped, either

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
We don't hate melee, it's a great game. We've just moved on is all - why play melee when you can play Brawl, which we (the ACT Brawl community....) think is better?

edit: The ridiculous negativity directed at brawl from some members of the melee community hasn't helped, either
why play brawl when u can hit your head repeatedly on a concrete wall

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
stick with brawl throwback, dont listen to turtle
i'll mm you in mario kart wii wifi or if you'd prefer we can have a game of Wrestlemania
look forward to showing you my pokemanz :colorful:
oh I get it haha pretty slick arnt ya? you think camping in brawl is bad, I could camp the **** out of you in pokemanz *doesnt press a button for 3 hours*

anyways if you are wise you will listen to these melee guys and not have an opinion of your own, it makes you worse as a person. ( I for one love melee cause you be luigi or falcon and just fly all over the stage)
also sd watch this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mgG8wrGltI&NR=1
1:17 to 1:25 holy **** can you do that?

and wario is a mario character hence mario pro.
(lol I look one the aus index of threads and I just see my name over and over again, spam?)

S.D

Smash Master
oh I get it haha pretty slick arnt ya? you think camping in brawl is bad, I could camp the **** out of you in pokemanz *doesnt press a button for 3 hours*

anyways if you are wise you will listen to these melee guys and not have an opinion of your own, it makes you worse as a person. ( I for one love melee cause you be luigi or falcon and just fly all over the stage)
also sd watch this vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9mgG8wrGltI&NR=1
1:17 to 1:25 holy **** can you do that?

and wario is a mario character hence mario pro.
(lol I look one the aus index of threads and I just see my name over and over again, spam?)
Haha it's a cool clip isn't it?

That's Wobbles messing around with the Ledge chain grab. As he was facing into the stage when he handed off to Nana he had a 1 in 4 chance Nana would f throw, so that part was luck, which he anticipated and followed and it looks amazing sexy and smooth. Unfortunately Wobbles had to fabricate it, that is, it wasn't in a real match because it just isn't worth trying because there are so many better options in that situation, I'd say it took a number of attempts to get the combination of luck and skill down.

As to the question of whether I could do it? I'd say so, given the right circumstances, but I doubt I would ever try. WOBBLES MAKES MIRACLE BABIES :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
*chant* ACT ACT ACT ACT ACT ACT

well I think we did a pretty good job of repping the act last weekend, me and jambo got first in doubles, I'm pretty happy with that, bragging aside...

The ACT scene is starting to come along nicely just needs more time, anyways the next tourney I want to hold wont be for a while but I'm going to try and make it big, and awesome.
If you guys have any input, suggestions, ideas, critisim or anything, I'd love to hear it, lets get this thread going a bit eh?
It doesnt have to be about the tourney either it can be about meets or the scene in general or anything. needs more act chat.

there might be a meet at isaac's this weekend, I'll have to ask him.

also I made a huge discovery and figured out why me and so many others are so good at spamming the B button.
red goes faster.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
So I looked in smashboards this morning and the last person to post in 4 of the top 5 posts is luke_atyeo...lol
this happens quite regularly cause I never shut up (figuratively speaking)
also because I post at night while most people are asleep.

tedeth

Smash Master
I needed silfa so we could take the mario bros out again. Siiiiillllllffffaaaaaaa!

lol me and Silfa are arguably one of the best doubles teams in aus amazingly. Here's the theory based on recent results:

Luke + Jambo > Toby + Meteor
Tedeth + Scoot > Toby + Meteor
Luke + Jambo > Tedeth + Scoot
Tedeth + Silfa > Luke + Jambo

MY LOGIC IS UNDENIABLE!!!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
look at the bottom link in my sig, now thats best. anyways thanks silfa, maybe we can get a rematch with you and ted at my next tourney (whenever that is)

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Seriously...

this happens quite regularly cause I never shut up (figuratively speaking)
...Figuratively speaking?

I agree with the "speaking" part.

Three and a half hours of non-stop, repetitive rambling about a game that you had spent the past 10 hours playing and/or talking about surely qualifies as speaking, right?

Bloody hell, it's not as though we weren't there to experience first-hand everything that you were talking about. Worst conversation of my life, and I wasn't even participating. Hell, I even tried to change the subject, lol. Jambo was the only one who seemed interested in talking with me about Blondes vs. Brunettes. ThroB was torn between Samus, DK, and Anne Hathaway, but you were quite content with giving us a play-by-play account of the whole day that we had all witnessed anyway.

Like, wow, dude. Fukcin' wow.

You may think I'm over-reacting, and that's fine, I'm sure you'll express as such in an unnecessarily verbose post, but if you check your 0642hours post, you'll find you asked for criticism. I'm simply giving you what you asked for. Any catharsis I experience as a result is irrelevant to this thread.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
...Figuratively speaking?

I agree with the "speaking" part.

Three and a half hours of non-stop, repetitive rambling about a game that you had spent the past 10 hours playing and/or talking about surely qualifies as speaking, right?

Bloody hell, it's not as though we weren't there to experience first-hand everything that you were talking about. Worst conversation of my life, and I wasn't even participating. Hell, I even tried to change the subject, lol. Jambo was the only one who seemed interested in talking with me about Blondes vs. Brunettes. ThroB was torn between Samus, DK, and Anne Hathaway, but you were quite content with giving us a play-by-play account of the whole day that we had all witnessed anyway.

Like, wow, dude. Fukcin' wow.

You may think I'm over-reacting, and that's fine, I'm sure you'll express as such in an unnecessarily verbose post, but if you check your 0642hours post, you'll find you asked for criticism. I'm simply giving you what you asked for. Any catharsis I experience as a result is irrelevant to this thread.
smartass, you love the sound of my voice.
free friday?

Katzen

Smash Journeyman
Does playing endless amounts of Starcraft count as free?

Man, I sure do play alot of Starcraft. Yesterday I played 7 consecutive games on the same map, trying to improve on my speed. Fastest full game I played was 4mins 47secs.

Starcraft tournament, imo.

cheese619

Smash Ace
add me please!

hey luke_atyeo and fellow ACT smashers
I'm an ACT smasher and would like to be added to the list,
e-mail adress is "joe__grgic@hotmail.com" that's with 2 underscores
mains: falco

cheese619

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yay a new player, and a convert from allisbrawl. welcome to the act scene, its kinda new and small so theres not a whole lot going on, we have tourneys every couple of months or so and a meet usually every weekend if your interested, I added you on msn so if you have any questions or whatever just give me a shout.

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Hey fellow ACT smashers.

It's about time I found some ACT brawlers :D, I live in NorthWest side of town which is Dunlop. PM me or send me an email and add me on msn: scabe3000@hotmail.com.

Also I'm a noob on this site. So if anyone would like to give me some tips on where to start it would be much appreciated ;P

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Hey thanks heaps Throwback for the warm welcome :) The tactical discussion is already helping :D
I hope to brawl you sometime in the future....First we need some sort of time machine ;P

EDIT: I'm going to try and add everyone that I can, so if you get some random adding you on msn or sending you a PM it's just me or your stalker...which also could be me.

Luke_atyeo: Could you please add me onto the list!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
sweet 2 new players, the scene is starting to pick up, both of you are added to the list, and hopefully we'll see you this weekend at a meet, I'll pm you to organize isaac

tedeth

Smash Master
Hey I'll be in the state of mario proness on the 18th-19th of april. Methinks some playing against some mario pros is in order.

Also playing everone else would be fun. :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
there is a meet at my place on the weekend, I sent everyone a pm with details and stuff,
also it'll be good to have you back tedeth your pretty much a Canberran huh? fencing I bet.
if you need a place to stay over the weekend I can house you.

Top Bottom