• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official [ACT] Thread: Dancing Blade Aug 18th, Ultimate Wednesday Nights!

Throwback

Smash Lord
yeah no-one cares about age.

Also I have just spent my lunch break playing with a Pika player, I'll see if I can get him keen. Meeting another random stranger to play on friday as well. The players are out there, they just don't know about smashboards & the smash scene in general.

I remember a little while back we were playing on a saturday night & ordered pizza - the delivery guy was like 'is that the Brawl music? I play wolf...' So yeah.

Toby.

Smash Master
I've been there a few times, so I think I should count as an ACT player. And zomg I played a pretty good jigglypuff player at that smash meet on monday. I might try and convince him to come to this act tournament.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol ok, you can be adoopted in ACT just like defiled. I was planning to organize
it for sat the 31st but I could make it earlier maybe sat the 11, thats in a little over 4 weeks.

Toby.

Smash Master
Says the guy that moved to ulladulla!

There's no way I'd betray the mighty wollongong crew. I'm just spreading the <3.

Turtle you should come to this act tournament and teach me how to be pro at melee. I'll buy you a coke as payment.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah thats was pretty dirty.
but I dont understand whats with you sydney dudes and trains.
us canberran's take busses!
serisouly I always bus down to sydney for tourneys, usually cheaper than a train, much more comfy and safe, faster and just better overall.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
Says the guy that moved to ulladulla!

There's no way I'd betray the mighty wollongong crew. I'm just spreading the <3.

Turtle you should come to this act tournament and teach me how to be pro at melee. I'll buy you a coke as payment.
coke or a coke? i'd be more inclined if it were the first one.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if turtle comes all the new people will play him and be so amazed at his awesomeness that their heads will explode.
seriosuly, best brawl player ever.

Toby.

Smash Master
I heard he was the best player in the world.

I don't know if the best brawl player in the world would be able to teach me pro melee if he was drugged up on coke, though. Hows about I up the payment to a CAN of coke and a yo-yo I found on my desk a second ago? I also have a paddlepop stick, if you're into that sort of thing.

And this 'bus' thing sounds pretty interesting. What crazy things will you canberra folk think up next?

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yea, its kinda stupid how everybody from America (or anywhere for that matter) thinks Sydney is the capital.
one guy I talked to even though that Canberra wasn't in Australia.
and I am always up for snake ditto's. next time there is a big brawl tourney in Queensland I'll be there.

edit- I read tc's post lol.
smash boards need's moar tc humor.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
smash meet

lol double post, my thread I can do what I want.

Smash meet
at my house saturday the 20th of dec.
4pm till 8pm
my adress is 4 spofforth st holt.

come along and meet other canberians so we can start getting a canberra scene together.
I know some of you are young so I can meet parents or whatever so that they know I'm not some creepy internet predator.

idontgottaname

Smash Apprentice
is there still something happening early january? cant make it this weekend, but early jan is good for me

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
yeah I called the venue today and they said it was good and were ready to book it in for me, different place this time so I know they wont cancel on me.
the other place cancelled cause of insurance of whatever, but this place I am known at by some people and they said I dont need to worry about insurance and just pay a bond, but anyways,
they I realised that the 11th is on a sunday and I wanted to do a saturday, which is the 10th, so they are just going to check that someone can have it open for me.

so basically its probably gonnna the 10th of jan, and is looking good but not confirmed yet, as soon as they get back to me I will post the details and you guys can start organizing.

Scrubs

Smash Lord
Hey

I am in Canberra...

I will come to that meet on the 20th

My number is 0405190324 if anyone wants to do anything...

I am staying at Watson and sometimes at Yass but I have a car

Throwback

Smash Lord
I would come but heading off (out of Canb) for christmas holidays luke. You guys have fun, look forward to playing you all on 10 Jan - it's my birthday :)

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
birthday eh? sounds good.
enjoy your holidays and let me know when your back.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
after months of gayness from venues, I finally managed to get one, so the tourney on sat the 10th of jan is confirmed!!!!
I'll post full details soon.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
10th of january? **** thats soon. Looking forward to it, Luke.

Oh and for the love of god, make Spear Pillar cp again lulz.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Hiya luke. Thanks for calling. I can confirm for the tourney :). I'll get smashed but hey :p who cares when your having fun :)

Throwback

Smash Lord
Ok I'm hijacking Luke's thread (great tourney btw!).

Who is up for a meet on 24/25 January (assuming ppl aren't going away for Australia Day)?

Throwback

Smash Lord
It's a stickup ;)

About to write a message to the 3 young guns who came to the tourney, will direct them to this thread. Can you change the title to something about meets?

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
grrrrr, how dare you interrupt cancon (unless the meet is after 5pm or so :p). Thanks for sending me here throwback.

Silfa

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I just found out that I'm going to be away over the long weekend. So yeah, won't be able to come if it's on that weekend. Looking forward to the one I will attend though.

Great to meet you all btw.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol you were planning to come down to this unreon? top ****.
too bad you cant make it, you could have shown me those arm bar skills

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Heh, sorry throwback, just realised how obscure my post above is :p. Simply: I can make the meet if it's after 3pm on saturday (assuming buses are on time), and I can make it if it's sunday after 5pm (I think).

Throwback

Smash Lord
well we usually meet from 6-10ish, but I was going to hold it earlier so your parents were more likely to let you go. If the time isn't a big deal then we will probably hold it at 6 as usual.

Drews0

Smash Apprentice
Awesome. I can probably make it both days then, if a bit late on saturday maybe. Don't worry, my mom lets me catch the bus home from civic at ten, I'm sure she won't have a problem with people she's seen before :p

Throwback

Smash Lord
ok great drews0. It will probably be on the 25th. So far we have luke, whoever he brings, jambo, me and I'm going to see about a couple of jambo's mates.

Top Bottom