• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

infomon

Smash Scientist
Sonic dittos are NEVER a show. :c

It's just a bunch of spin dash sounds that it drives you insane.
Yep, and I love them :D

I'll put $10 in Espy's pot. That is, he puts in 40 and I'll put in 10, and I don't take a stake in any winnings; I just pay the $10 if he loses. Through paypal or email-money or smthg.

ie. no loss to X, and this is to make sure this battle happens, so Espy can't money-john.

Of course, this is all conditional on the set being recorded ;)

also what's with these new smilies, :oneeye: is just dumb :oneeye: and :woman: wth that's "woman"??? is that what the mods think women look like??? lol

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't have the money, Fizzle. I barely have enough to get to Dallas as is.
Maybe a $5 MM or something, but even that's a stretch for me. I'm really, really broke. ;-;

I WOULD be more than glad to play you in a few friendlies, X.
Also, I'm hounding your matches throughout the entire weekend at Dallas. Let that be known.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Hey Espy, you gonna try to go to either Pound V or Genesis 2? I'm trying to and I'm gonna hopefully see Speed at one of those. You should try to go with the Texas crew for one of those so I can see ya.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Probably not, Kuraudo.
I will have no money for anything OoS after MLG, because I'll be saving up for WHOBO3 in March.
Sorry.

infomon

Smash Scientist
yeah help me sidebet so that it actually happenz pl0x

espizzle needs to spend more money playing sonic and less money buying sonic4 ie. playing sonic........ hrrrrrrrrrm wait a minu

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I haven't even gotten Sonic 4. I traded my copy of FFVII for some cash to get it.
I'm poor.

Trent

Smash Champion
I stumbled across Pools results of APEX on allisbrawl, if you want to update the APEX results in the OP at all Espy:

APEX 2010
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283374
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=9011 (Pools 1)
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=9377 (Pools 2)
August 6th-8th
Out of 269
33rd - Speed (Sonic)
85th - Trent (Sonic)
85th - Shadofiend (Sonic)
127th - Cyber (Sonic)
127th - TommyGreenShirt (Sonic)
169th - Toony (Sonic)
169th - MdrnDayMercutio (Sonic)
211th - Lucky (Sonic)

Also, the OP says it was out of 260, it was actually out of 269.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
I stumbled across Pools results of APEX on allisbrawl, if you want to update the APEX results in the OP at all Espy:

APEX 2010
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=283374
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=9011 (Pools 1)
http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=9377 (Pools 2)
August 6th-8th
Out of 269
33rd - Speed (Sonic)
85th - Trent (Sonic)
85th - Shadofiend (Sonic)
127th - Cyber (Sonic)
127th - TommyGreenShirt (Sonic)
169th - Toony (Sonic)
169th - MdrnDayMercutio (Sonic)
211th - Lucky (Sonic)

Also, the OP says it was out of 260, it was actually out of 269.
lol...I did so badly at Apex :(

and lolwut? All this time I thought Cyber was shadofiend o_o

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
My Apex results are massively bad.

I didn't go Sonic, for the record.

And after I lost to RizMF cause I've forgotten the MK match up and choked hard vs Trela, not saying I was gunna beat Trela cause he's a beast but I was doing really really well round one till I SD'd my last stock, I just didn't really care. I'd lost to Jash, Riz and threw away my last shot to get out with beating Trela so I just kinda did whatever for the rest of my pools.

I should of placed 4th in my pool at least but I got discouraged and didn't care if I wasn't getting out. Ya know.

Trent

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, I just assumed you used Sonic. If anyone else didn't use Sonic, or used other characters alongside Sonic, lemme know.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I'll update this and the video thread soon.

Came back from a tournament yesterday.
Lost to Ozz's Falco in winner's bracket. Fully charged fsmash at 70+%. I was in the middle of recovering, upB'd over and baired to answer back, when his fsmash smacked a shyguy right behind him and extended the hitbox. My bair collided with it and I got sent flying. I panicked during the momentum cancel so I ended up dying. It was funny.

Ended up having to go through Morningstar, Poltergust (timed out on game 3. Feel like I was playing a terrible keep away game, but it was JUST enough), Jerm, Ozz (it was a continuation set ala MLG. I ended up timing him out on YI:B as well. It was way too close.), and then lost to Trela in Loser's Finals.

At least now I know Norfair isn't such a good idea. :p Should've tried Green Greens.

So yeah.

JUJment Day 2
No Thread Yet
October 23rd
Out of 25
3rd - Espy (Sonic)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Espy times people out now? Yo I wanna see Espy + Speed timing people out in doubles. I've never seen a doubles match time out.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I timed out Polt because he SD'd at like, 0% on the first stock. He'd have to work hella hard to catch up, so I camped in order to keep the lead.

It got close though. I think it was only an 11% differential or so.

Against Ozz, I just didn't want to risk anything funky happening on SV. We played there 3 times in a row. The tournament was rocking a deviant MLG Continuation Set Rule, so we had to do a Best of 7 with the winner's bracket record still intact (2-1 Ozz). Smashville (me), Smashville (me), Smashville (him), Yoshi's Island Brawl (me). It was insane.

And yeah, I'll beat Trela eventually. Granted that, I DID do worse this time than at HOBO28. Rainbow Cruise was still very close, but I got solidly beaten on Smashville and Norfair.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
If this was condensed...i would so use this somewhere. saved anyway.

^^ this..... is that Sonic's head on a piece of steak?
No. Its Red Sonic.

I timed out Polt because he SD'd at like, 0% on the first stock. He'd have to work hella hard to catch up, so I camped in order to keep the lead.

It got close though. I think it was only an 11% differential or so.

Against Ozz, I just didn't want to risk anything funky happening on SV. We played there 3 times in a row. The tournament was rocking a deviant MLG Continuation Set Rule, so we had to do a Best of 7 with the winner's bracket record still intact (2-1 Ozz). Smashville (me), Smashville (me), Smashville (him), Yoshi's Island Brawl (me). It was insane.

And yeah, I'll beat Trela eventually. Granted that, I DID do worse this time than at HOBO28. Rainbow Cruise was still very close, but I got solidly beaten on Smashville and Norfair.
Sounds like you have alot of fun at tourneys man...I didnt know you took Lucario to RC...i thought that was only me. o_ o

Either way, keep it up man.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
how does sonic lose to lucario (or any other character thats slower than him and doesnt have broken projectiles) on norfair? thats the only time/stage where I will intentionally go into the match planning to time someone out.

Top Bottom