• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Gull you gotta adapt. You cant have one set style...right? Like you can play the style you always play (You know wut im talking about), but when you play a gay mu or you see that your regular style isnt working, switch it up. And how you're making it sound, you're gonna play gay. Its fun to camp, honestly, I don't see how people dont like it. With Sonic, when i camp, i just want to wait til i see an opening. Plain and simple. But adaptation is key.
Trust me I know. Mk vs Wolf is a completely different matchup then any other matchup for Wolf. I can't play Snake the same way I play Mk. Well I can, but it's not as effective.

My "always style play" that I play works a lot of the time.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I have a new goal.

Even if I'm seperated by a border between Canada and the United States, I intend to become one of the top 3 Sonic players in North America.

Best 3 Sonics,

• Espy
• X
• Kuraudo

KID, Speed, Trent, y'all have competition.

Trent

Smash Champion
Set that goal higher dude.

I'm always trying to improve and become better. I don't care if becoming #1 is unrealistic, it's still a goal I have personally. I'm not satisfied with being a good MW Sonic, or being #5 or close to #5 Sonic.

Got my goals in line.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
fk sonics, I want to be known as a nationally recognised, GOOD PLAYER, that can win money at any event he goes to.

i dont give two craps about whos a better sonic than me. all I want to do is win.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
But KID, you're NOT a Sonic.
You're a freaky Falco hybrid, so you've never had anything to worry about.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I always try to tell myself before a tournament "Alright, if I run into a matchup that I don't know with Sonic, I'll use Fox." Yet even if I do encounter said matchup, I just go Sonic anyway.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Dont forget the many others gunning for the title Cloud...o_ o
The many others gunning for the title will have to wait in line. Cause I'm running to the front.

[EDIT]

Lend your support, guys! October 16th, Phoenix 4 in BC is going down, and heat's building up for Alberta to rock their stuff.

I'm going there to lay the smackdown on Clouderz's ignorant trolling behind.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
**** you, KID.
I don't think I've ever said that.
In fact, I don't think I've ever been SMUG about winning either.

I take a deep breath, shake their hand, and report the results.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I don't think it's about being smug that he beat someone with a bad character. It's just pride in general of beating someone with said character; a sense of accomplishment is gained beyond any kind of top 3 placing. Then again Espy has weird logic about not playing really good characters due to wanting to be unique. :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Lend your support, guys! October 16th, Phoenix 4 in BC is going down, and heat's building up for Alberta to rock their stuff.

I'm going there to lay the smackdown on Clouderz's ignorant trolling behind.
Mmm~!

I'll challenge Tails to a Steak off in your honor!

And I'm going to request Steaksauce be poured on that bad-boy.

You are not allowed to come back to this thread if I see anything above 7th place! You hear!? *grouchy ol' man****

*Ahem.*

♪ ...I play for the thrill, for the chase, forever more~! ♪

:093:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
... I'm not sure actually. I always get that confused with placings/rankings. :/

You know what I mean though, right broski?

Do work~!

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I like being unique with characters in fighting games, yeah.
Brawl's a little different though.

Kuraudo, don't you remember my review? I've been over why I main Sonic in there.

Edit: Strike that, I didn't cover the reason very well in there.

To be blunt, the reason I play Sonic is because I've slapped on a conditional sentimental value to the character (ever since I was young, otherwise I wouldn't have played all of the games) that overrides pretty much every other reason why I should or shouldn't main this character.

Minor reasons would also be:
- He's really friggin fast.
- Great Recovery
- Was considered bottom tier at the time of the release.

If Sonic was high or top tier, I guarantee you I wouldn't touch the character in tournaments. However, I'd still play the HELL out of him in friendlies and whatnot, because of said sentimental value.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You wouldn't play him if he was high tier? Why not? He's still the same character, its just a change in general perception.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I already went over this in another thread.
I don't play high/top tier.
I don't like having a clear cut advantage by proxy.

Trent

Smash Champion
It's like Meta Knight really. I love Meta Knight from the Kirby series. He became top tier, how many people think play him because they like the character Meta Knight?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
... I think I'm finally starting to understand Espy and everyone else's perspective.

There have been times that I've wanted to main Meta Knight or even just pick him up as a secondary. Not because he's the best in the game, but for my own personal interest in him. He's my favorite Kirby character and a complete and total ****** of a video game character.

It's not about novelty with him though. It's about picking him just to win. It takes skill to be good with him for sure, but it takes even MORE skill to be good with Sonic. And for that, I feel like a true fighter in the end.

WedginatorX

Smash Champion
Holding side-B against Cheese until he quits.
**** you, KID.
You always act like that, not me.
In fact, I don't think I've ever not seen you NOT be SMUG about winning either.

Just take a deep breath, shake their hand, and report the results.
and lose to K9's snake
And get outplaced by ike.
Because that's what you do best
Would have been a much better post imo.
but telling KID straightup "**** you" made me kind of like espy again. No homo.
luuuuul. ***s.

NH Cody

Smash Champion
Wedge, pretty much everyone else in NY gets outplaced by Ike.

Including the ones who main ACTUAL GOOD CHARACTERS.

So you can't really blame him for that :ohwell:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Wedge, pretty much everyone else in NY gets outplaced by Ike.

Including the ones who main ACTUAL GOOD CHARACTERS.

So you can't really blame him for that :ohwell:
Oh d***, some mad n****s be trash-talking a whole region up in here!

Son, you probably got a bounty on your head now. ;_;

/trollin'/instigating.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Im putting wedge on ignore because he consoles the fact that
1. he sucks at the game and
2. hes too much of a child to even get out to the tourneys to begin with.

by constantly trolling me and never adding any substance to any conversation hes ever been a part of.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
Im putting wedge on ignore because he consoles the fact that
1. he sucks at the game and
2. hes too much of a child to even get out to the tourneys to begin with.

by constantly trolling me and never adding any substance to any conversation hes ever been a part of.
I really wanna stick up for him since he's been my friend for good while now.

It's not his age really that's prohibiting him from going to tourneys its more so the fact that somebody from his region called his mom a ***** and she's butt hurt over it and won't let him go lol.

EDIT: I'm probably being baited into who knows what right now...

Tesh

Smash Hero
HOBO 28
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288537
10/9/10
out of 64
25th, Tesh, AllMostly Sonic

I also placed last in doubles using Sonic/PT. My Sonic is just awful in teams, I don't have the space to.....run from people until they die.

Also I have changed my mind about Sonic dittos. Wifi Sonic dittos=horrible. Offline=awesome.
Had to face Espy first round in winners bracket. First I was like :( Then we played and I was like :laugh:

I'm also tempted to take the easy way out and pick up whatever olimar's worst matchup is. I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do to actually win a set vs olimar with sonic.

EDIT : Actually I did use PT for a match in singles.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
HOBO 28
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288537
10/9/10
out of 64
25th, Tesh, AllMostly Sonic

I also placed last in doubles using Sonic/PT. My Sonic is just awful in teams, I don't have the space to.....run from people until they die.

Also I have changed my mind about Sonic dittos. Wifi Sonic dittos=horrible. Offline=awesome.
Had to face Espy first round in winners bracket. First I was like :( Then we played and I was like :laugh:

I'm also tempted to take the easy way out and pick up whatever olimar's worst matchup is. I don't know what the heck I'm supposed to do to actually win a set vs olimar with sonic.

EDIT : Actually I did use PT for a match in singles.
Was it Denti? If so, the dude is super good. You just have to hit and run against Oli. Bait a grab or Fsmash and get your hits in and gtfo. Iirc, Squirtle kinda mangles Olimar.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea it was Denti, same Oli I lost to last time. This time he whupped me much harder this time. Squirtle.....is attached to 2 characters that olimar wrecks anyway. Maybe on smashville....

I may just go PT next time I face an oli. Not like it could turn out any worse.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Yea it was Denti, same Oli I lost to last time. This time he whupped me much harder this time. Squirtle.....is attached to 2 characters that olimar wrecks anyway. Maybe on smashville....

I may just go PT next time I face an oli. Not like it could turn out any worse.
The hardest part about Olimar is getting in. Like once you learn you way around that little fortress he really isn't that hard. Maybe it's because I have an Olimar to practice with. Not regularly but enough to know the match-up.

Top Bottom