• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
thats basically how it is sadly...its so disheartening that its demotivating...thats why i got so down on myself sometimes because i wanted to...well you know. its alot of pressure to try to live up to that when you want to be the best when you're constantly downtalked and overshadow'd.

actually, this is definitely a problem within communities in general, a denial of another's skill. It just doesn't happen in smash, it happens in all gaming communities. But you guys know this stuff...guess im just rambling on. =/

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the day we stop SDing is the day sonic hits high tier.

also quest, if you come to my tourney, I will cheer for you and hype the balls off of you for everymatch you play, even if you have to play me.

also, speed what theory of mine are you talking about?

~TBS~

Smash Champion

also quest, if you come to my tourney, I will cheer for you and hype the balls off of you for everymatch you play, even if you have to play me.

also, speed what theory of mine are you talking about?
mindset effecting gameplay. he thinks he's bad but he's ****** and is the best sonic.

Am I white enough?
Cloud Strife incarnate imo. You da coolest.

*drool*

OH! Sorry, about that...
Yeah, you're white enough. Among other things...
what the-

NH Cody

Smash Champion
:chuckle:

^^^ THIS GUY'S GOT IT!

:D

Thanks KID! Ima try and go, definitely on the top of my "things to do" list. I'll drive all the way there if I can, just to see the NY smash scene.
*drool*

OH! Sorry, about that...
Yeah, you're white enough. Among other things...
LOLOLOL

yeah, Kuraudo you look like the type of guy who's good at LIFE and not just video games ^^

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Stop ninjaing my posts Browny! :mad:

/shrug.

Oh well.

That's cool.

No sarcasm, I'm sorry if the internet makes my tone look otherwise.

I made this next part of the post for Speed.

Sorry I only got to it now, but I was at Kita's house. Getting embarrassed, but that's another story for the social thread if I ever feel like talking about it/whether or not you want to listen to my rambling.

It's not really about living to others' expectations or living for the thrill of meeting other peoples expectations of you, it's making sure you have your priorities straight with yourself and taking care of yourself. Being independent isn't just "good", it's a necessity.

That is not to be taken the wrong way though, you shouldn't force yourself to do it, you just need to be capable of it. That means as I explained before (hopefully clearly, but if not I'll try again here), you have to live by your own ideals, your own expectations, and work from there. Being honest with yourself will automatically put yourself on good terms with whomever may choose to follow you. Close friends, family, whoever. You are the most important person that matters to you.

I figure subconsciously you are already aware of this, I just have to make sure you're also consciously aware.

It's very easy to be misunderstood when we ourselves are still experimenting, still trying to understand who we are, or who we want to be. Just don't let it get to the point where outside (or for that matter, neither internal) influences have you convinced that you have no purpose on this Earth for whoever, or whatever you may decide upon.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
now I understand why his name is oreo.

he wants that white cream filling in between him.

Also, I never knew that before but thats probably because Im too busy being a **** to speed and trying to put a cap on espys fur******ry that some other things might get past me.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
epic post about priorities.
True man...its about that time that start really thinking about the future man...and being independent. But we should dake this to the sgd :p

Also, I never knew that before but thats probably because Im too busy being a **** to speed and trying to put a cap on espys fur******ry that some other things might get past me.
you're getting slow... :O

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can't stop me, KID.
I just take pity.

@X: Who are you again?
lol

<333~

COME TO MLG DALLAS GOD****IT!
We still gotta play.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero

That joke is mad old. My friends at the skatepark said that like 2.5 years ago.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zangoose is a Cat Ferret that is based off of a mongoose.
So yeah, cat ferret mongoose thing going on there.
My avy is a Zangoose dressed up as a witch.

And screw you too KID, get into the Halloween spirit ya punk. :p

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Ah, I'm not sure if it was alright for me to make a post like that here.

Would it be alright to say that if it's for the sake of boosting morale for better tourney performance, that it's warrented?

Even though I really don't care about that by this point. I just want to help people out if I can.

Oh it's October.

BRB finding Halloween-related Avi.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Took a match off chudat and sd'd at 60 for the loss. Good ol DDP off stage to dair..awesome.

Then lost to one of my crewmates named seagull joe. Wolf is hard ;/ I suk.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Some flashy turnaround designed to help you make use of sonic's getup attack as an approach.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
You do DDP alot shado. Nice with Chu though. What place did you get, and did Kojin go too?
Chu plays so smart man...like its really annoying. I know how he plays, but still, its hard to exploit the weaknesses. But yeah, wait you lost to Seagull? I thought you could beat him...and you dont suck.

I'll change my avi to a Halloween one once it gets close to the actual day. :p

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i just realised, that my DDP is really ghetto, and I think ive been going this whole time doing it wrong, and doing some other move that looks somewhat similar, but isnt as fast.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
-SIEGE 2010
- http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=288091 It says 101 but it was 103
-10/02/2010
-out of 103
- 25th Sonic-Rave(Sonic)
- 25th AWAL(Sonic)

I feel very happy about my performance at this. Made it to Round 5 while blowing away some tough MUs and taking Reflex to game 3. I also came close to beating Rayku(pretty good Lucario main)

I'm not stopping here though. Only one thing to do now; Step It Up!

Sadly though, I didn't get any replays :l

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I played rayku a lot when I was in GA. Hes quite good and he plays the sonic matchup correctly so its really hard to get in on him. I actually have a bunch of vids vs him on YT too.

losing to (not necessarily unknown but definitely not known either)) metaknights is really depressing.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I didn't win any matches with Mk though sadly. Only time I used Mk was vs Logic and phail.

My style has switched completely Speed. Once again..It isn't my favorite way of playing, but it's necessary to win.

Sonic-Rave

Smash Journeyman
I played rayku a lot when I was in GA. Hes quite good and he plays the sonic matchup correctly so its really hard to get in on him. I actually have a bunch of vids vs him on YT too.

losing to (not necessarily unknown but definitely not known either)) metaknights is really depressing.
Believe it or not, it was the Lucario vs Sonic match that you and Kin had that helped me get so close to beating him. I think with a little more practice, I can bring him down.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
I didn't win any matches with Mk though sadly. Only time I used Mk was vs Logic and phail.

My style has switched completely Speed. Once again..It isn't my favorite way of playing, but it's necessary to win.
Gull you gotta adapt. You cant have one set style...right? Like you can play the style you always play (You know wut im talking about), but when you play a gay mu or you see that your regular style isnt working, switch it up. And how you're making it sound, you're gonna play gay. Its fun to camp, honestly, I don't see how people dont like it. With Sonic, when i camp, i just want to wait til i see an opening. Plain and simple. But adaptation is key.

Top Bottom