• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Think about it, he spindashes and then springs to avoid any punishment attempts.....seems pretty easy to comprehend to me.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
And when they block your spring but u still dair and they're waiting for u then what? Why r u even here? Lmao.

I'm not hating. All I said was spring and dair is the future of the sonic metagame. Espy better take notes.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
you know i am. its not hard to understand. that's probably why it works :confused:
im still confused btw...

Go X!!

from waht speed told me X beat Moejoe 2-1 just now. steak.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
fnmtgetseubnujhty.

X just beat Futile and Mojoe.

I wish I was half as good as he was.

This Sunday's Gameworld tourney is going to be sad, since most of Vegas is at SCSA and I just... I dunno, why am I even trying? X has got this all by himself, I don't care what the haters say. I want to MM him now only to have the honor of playing him, no chance I'm going to win.

vngsrgbuyhhgsuhyklbguy.

DZLE

Smash Master
Just got off the phone with X not to long ago.
He says he loves all Sonic mains and Utah.

Let's cheer him on in his next match!

Lost to Tyrant 0-2
But... he'll make his comeback!

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
/own results aren't interesting

Took 7th out of 25 people. Could have taken 3rd place at the least; every person later on in the Loser Bracket I took on was of equal footing with me. Everything was jam-packed and exciting.

Also, Lime and I had our rematch. After proceeding to beat both Alphicans and KillL0ck back to back, only to face me to the 3rd game, last stock, kill percent (he was at 200%, I was at 160%+), it was intense.

Only 13 years old and he's budding into becoming a terrific Snake player when he is in the zone. He beat me, and I have no shame in admitting that it was a loss I would happily accept.

For the grand majority of the day, I was not on top of my game (no johns. you try performing at your peak with 2 hours of sleep,) but for my fight with Lime, I was wide awake and on the ball. He just got way better. Canadian West Coast is starting to kick some serious ***.

Proper formatting later. Too tired, ****ty end to the night, yadda yadda. XD

[EDIT]

Also, I tried Brawl+ with the Tatsunoko vs. Capcom Arcade Fight Stick. It registers as a classic controller in Brawl, and works just fine. But man is it funny as hell to actually WIN with it.

[EDIT #2]

Used Ike+, btw. Sonic+ blows, especially when I don't want my Brawl game thrown off. lol

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Ok, so I went to a big tourney in ohio yesterday, and too put it bluntly, got *****. Well, I shouldn't say that.....

I lost every match in pools (who has 2 thumbs and was in M2K's pool.....this guy)

The thing that really pissed me off was that almost every single match with every single person (but m2k) came down to 3rd game last hit. I am really sick and tired of losing in the clutch like that.....

I guess I need to work on my kill options. any1 have any suggestions.......

It was a rough weekend for me lol.... btw good **** kuraudo and speed!

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
huh? lol, that was X, not me. I havent been to another tourney ever since pound.

looks like kuraudo and Joe has the last game thingy...we all do at times. Its just annoying to do all that and then have to fish around for a kill. im guessing a timeout coulnt happen? :(

either way, keep it up you two. :)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I dont know if this will be contrued as johns or not, but im starting to thnk its not possible to play to your top level in melee and brawl, singles and doubles, while TOing the tournament.

brawl singles i didnt do so hot. alot of sucky stuff went down at the tournament. i got like 13th or something, not worth talking about, but I did play with pikapika and get 3rd in melee doubles, if thats worth anything (sixteen dollars lol.)

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
kid, ur absoluely right.... It is very hard to play at your best when you have all the stresses of TO'ing on top of playing. Cuz you want to do well in bracket but you also want to provide excellent service/entertainment to all you attendee's to keep the experience pleasurable for everyone involved.

No johns, just truth.

Trent

Smash Champion
Hot Dickings!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263441
January 30th
Out of 60
25th - Trent(Sonic)

They changed the live stream address last second and I didn't have a computer to change it with. I only played on it against Affinity anyways.

In pools, ended up 2-0ing a G&W I've never beat before, and also 2-0'd Zozefup's MK even when he tried planking.

Top 4 of 8 made it out of pools, and I got 4th, almost 3rd seed.

In bracket:
Lost to Lain's IC/G&W
Lost to Ripple's DK/Fox

lulz

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
Hot Dickings!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=263441
January 30th
Out of 60
25th - Trent(Sonic)

They changed the live stream address last second and I didn't have a computer to change it with. I only played on it against Affinity anyways.

In pools, ended up 2-0ing a G&W I've never beat before, and also 2-0'd Zozefup's MK even when he tried planking.

Top 4 of 8 made it out of pools, and I got 4th, almost 3rd seed.

In bracket:
Lost to Lain's IC/G&W
Lost to Ripple's DK/Fox

lulz
Grats on finally beating Schism (Im assuming it was Schism) and beating a planking MK. Im not sure how good Zozefup is but I'd imagine he's better than Tyser who ***** on me. You were putting the **** on Affinity in those friendlies also. Tough luck facing Lain first round though, that sucks.

Good **** though.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sorry guys. I'm still maining Sonic, but Alphicans took me up on an offer to see what would happen if I devoted and trained my MK for a month, and used only him for the upcoming monthly. I'll see where I go from there, but sorry, no Canadian result from me this month. lmao

Trent

Smash Champion
Grats on finally beating Schism (Im assuming it was Schism) and beating a planking MK. Im not sure how good Zozefup is but I'd imagine he's better than Tyser who shits on me. You were putting the **** on Affinity in those friendlies also. Tough luck facing Lain first round though, that sucks.

Good shit though.
Yeah it was Schism. I'm upset I choked against Ripple though. Man those Affinity fights on Live streamed were hyped.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
I forgot to say 1 thing about how my ****ty performance went on saturday.

I beat someone in match 2 with my first ever in tourney jab lock fsmash kill. so i guess i have that to be pleased with. :)

minor victory is minor haha

wangston

Smash Lord
So it's offical X is the greatest sonic on the world, he is the meta game of sonic, and everyone should do as he does and they might be half as good as he is.

He sonic is ****, even people in brazil know him.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Ive realised that in order to get noticed as a top sonic, you have to **** people with footstool set ups, which upsets me greatly.

X does it
Speed did it
Kai does it.

for the life of me i dont understand how people can be that scared of sonic to let him do something so ******** over and over again like that

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
It tacks on a decent sum of damage if you manage to get them in the setup at least once.

The problem being that the setup shouldn't be working if their opponents are DI'ing properly, or just don't try to get up immediately, which is what PLENTY of opponents tend to do.
Still, it's a decent option for those times when they don't DI.

Hell, I do it, though not as often anymore. Texas ***** me for trying to SD or SC anymore. :p
Keep in mind, that there is such a thing as spamming it intelligently.

That's why we do so well vs. ICs.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Ive realised that in order to get noticed as a top sonic, you have to **** people with footstool set ups, which upsets me greatly.

X does it
Speed did it
Kai does it.

for the life of me i dont understand how people can be that scared of sonic to let him do something so ******** over and over again like that
I dont get why Speed is up there. Im so not a top Sonic. Didnt we go over that im not? Im just trying to condition myself so I can get up there. Besides, the whole footstool thing can be so easily avoided, but hey, i figured out some ways to get it going and link it to some other stuff, so it wont just be footstools if they get out of it.

EDIT: So uh...when IS the right time to spam it Espy?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
EDIT: So uh...when IS the right time to spam it Espy?
When you're in the lead and they have to approach, and lack a projectile (or you have field advantage).

That's just one example.

IE: Yoshi's Island: Brawl/Pictochat vs. (for the sake of this example) Wario.

You land an attack, and are now currently in the lead. It becomes the Wario's obligation to hit you and turn the lead around, since you're currently winning, and a time out would make him the loser.

Run to the edge, charge a SD, and just sit there. There's literally nothing they can do except provoke you to prematurely release the spin dash and make an attempt to punish.

In other words, when you're winning, camping with it is more difficult for some characters to get around.

However, try to avoid this against characters like Falco (unless on uneven levels?), Ice Climbers, blah blah blah...

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
when you ***** chu with footstools, every body just started thinking you were the newest best and hottest thing out there.

people still bring speed up when i hear convos about the best sonic. the footstool thing is so flashy that it hypno
smashes
tises people into thinking said sonic is omgwtfwut? awesome.
either way, it did inspired me, because if people can get footstools that easily, its should be relatively easy to actually get jab locks (something that actually works) off of it.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
when you ***** chu with footstools, every body just started thinking you were the newest best and hottest thing out there.

people still bring speed up when i hear convos about the best sonic. the footstool thing is so flashy that it hypno
smashes
tises people into thinking said sonic is omgwtfwut? awesome.
either way, it did inspired me, because if people can get footstools that easily, its should be relatively easy to actually get jab locks (something that actually works) off of it.
Uh...where was this...? All i hear when i hear best Sonic is X. And i say Espy and X are the best. As a player, i recognize my faults and want to push myself until i can consistently place. (That and i need rides.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Anyway see the Sonic 4 gameplay teaser. I like how it went through all the first sonics and kept showing how he changed an all that goodness to his new look. I doubt that's the final run animation tho. Cause it looks like he's speed walking lol.

Top Bottom