• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

___X___

Smash Lord
I mean who do you lose to in tournament? so that way maybe we can help you with said matchup.

oh, Well... I lose to warios!!!!! to be exact, futile's Wario.

He claps me 2 times and im already at like 42%! ahhhh....

I mean, it always comes down to the last hit on the last stock with us, but as i try to Fsmash him he always has SUPER ARMOR and just ***** my SHI!!!

So yeah.

SADDD FACEEEEEEEE :(

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer

I mean, it always comes down to the last hit on the last stock with us, but as i try to Fsmash him he always has SUPER ARMOR and just ***** my SHI!!!

So yeah.

Lol, sounds like me vs. Espy.

Our MM is going to be fun :)

DZLE

Smash Master

So yeah.

He talks like this in real life. He even says "Sad faceeeeee" and then makes said sad face. So loveable.

My sonic is getting better, X is gonna be a great mentor.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Hey soul sister, ain't the Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair, you know!!

Also, which phoenix are you talking about? does he live in san Diego? if so, he's like one of my best sonic main friends!!! and i two stocked him hahaha I love him.

DA KID, to answer your question - besides tyrant I lose to everyone!! I just place pretty high in tournaments hahahah :D
X is cranking out the Train.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
WHOBO 2...

APEX 2010...

I can't decide. I just know that when I go either or, if X or Espy are there, I'll do better than them.

I've always encouraged everyone to be the best that they can be, but that should never come at the price of you throwing away YOUR want to be the best. Competing is fun, that's the very first thing for me.

Juan, if I come to WHOBO 2, it'll be just like X or Espy. It'll be last stock, high percent. Only this time.

You'll be the one eating an FSmash. Gonna win. Hafta win. If I think otherwise for ONE second, I lose. We missed out on a MM in Hawai'i, but if I go to WHOBO 2 or if you're at APEX 2010 if I go to either or? I'm totally down, if we don't meet in pools/bracket first.

Everyone, start manning up and saying that you are going to win. X's attitude has shown that this form of a mindset WILL take you places if you try hard enough.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
What kind of a fool goes into a fight expecting/hoping he loses? Even if the odds are against you, nothing is written in stone/certain.

Regardless, Different people fight for different reasons. I don't play to win (doesn't mean my goal is to fail, otherwise I would've got that done forever ago), but to push Sonic's metagame to its limits; and then take it further. This is just me for example, others will have different reaons for what they do. Anyway if I want to accomplish my goal, it will involve me having to try to win, get better, and collaborate/work with others. I really don't play for myself, but people who plan to act as the successors.

I need a lot of work. I'm not going to give up for good anytime soon though. I am posting this because it was some good food for thought, and I just felt like sharing my reasons. I have a tournament/meet-up later today. I did worse this Sunday, but I'll try to make up for that this time around and redeem my/Sonic's good n(g)ame. I want to make it easier for the successors to carry on and endure, that's how it should be done in a community. When you leave somebody one thing, they may be able to do things you never in your wildest dreams would've thought of... Destiny, I believe is what that is.

-Axis-

Smash Journeyman
X has said time and time again that he has had quite humble expectations for his placings. Maybe he's just saying that to be polite, but he has said things in the past along the lines of, "Yeah, I thought I was gonna lose that match."

Not saying that having a positive attitude won't help immensely, though.

EDIT: Excuse the terrible grammar in the first paragraph. :X

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson & Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
What kind of a fool goes into a fight expecting/hoping he loses? Even if the odds are against you, nothing is written in stone/certain.

Regardless, Different people fight for different reasons. I don't play to win (doesn't mean my goal is to fail, otherwise I would've got that done forever ago), but to push Sonic's metagame to its limits; and then take it further. This is just me for example, others will have different reaons for what they do. Anyway if I want to accomplish my goal, it will involve me having to try to win, get better, and collaborate/work with others. I really don't play for myself, but people who plan to act as the successors.

I need a lot of work. I'm not going to give up for good anytime soon though. I am posting this because it was some good food for thought, and I just felt like sharing my reasons. I have a tournament/meet-up later today. I did worse this Sunday, but I'll try to make up for that this time around and redeem my/Sonic's good n(g)ame. I want to make it easier for the successors to carry on and endure, that's how it should be done in a community. When you leave somebody one thing, they may be able to do things you never in your wildest dreams would've thought of... Destiny, I believe is what that is.
I'm glad that you won't give up the fight. Like you said, everyone has a different reason to fight. Like for me, my reason is to become a better Sonic player and just in general, a better player. I don't expect for me to get like top 5 in a tournament like singles or amateur for a while (or a long time), but just to get better over time. A lot of people saying that I am getting better. Almost every week, Z said that I've been improving a lot, but I know I still have a lot of work to go. I still need to work on not making so many mistakes like what happened with me and Grek on Sunday. Which I lost because I wasn't paying attention and did a Arial Spin Dash away from the stage with no second jump.

Kinzer, since I'm your apprentice, I've been learning a lot of things from you that I thought I would never be able to do. Since I won't be coming to the same tournament/meet up today or the Gameworld Weekly tournament on Sunday, just do what I do (or try to do most of the time), just believe in yourself that you will do great.

Also, I'm always that fool who expects that he'll lose when he goes into a fight. I really got to stop thinking like that. It would probably help me in my gameplay since almost every time I know I'm going to lose, I lose. I should start thinking that I will do my best, win or lose.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
When I go to tournaments, I say this in my mind before I enter the venue:

"I got this **** on lock. Top 10 no doubt."

And then when I realize I have to fight someone really good:

"****. Too bad I gotta three stock them now."

=====

I've already discussed and mentioned this mentality to you guys at least twice. I'm not sure that it works per se, because I've done equally well while depressed or with an "I'm trash and can never win" mentality, but either way, it's just a funny way of thinking about it, and usually puts me in a good mood (unless I'm too sad, lol).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
my mindset when I go into tourneys is similar to espys. Even when I play melee and i have to play the best person in our area, my mindset is that if I played him earlier that week, if I beat him 3 games in thre3 hours worth of play, than I can beat him in a 3 out of 5 set.

but theres also this kid who mains ness at my tourneys, he went into every tourney for like a year expecting to win, and got like last place every time. But then he took like a 3 month period, and only went to tourneys to LEARN how to play and how to win and all that complicated stuff. and then he went from last place at every tourney, to beating me in a money match, and taking tournament games off of the best people in our area.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
All I know? The strong and confident mindset benefits you greatly. Win or lose, you go out with a bang, or don't go out at all.

Sink or swim. And since we play Sonic? Sink and run.

I won't stop.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
My mindset at tournies.."Who do I have to **** to outplace Speed?" YEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! If speed isn't there I get ***** tho. Trufax. And that's mad gay. I need to fix that

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
X has said time and time again that he has had quite humble expectations for his placings. Maybe he's just saying that to be polite, but he has said things in the past along the lines of, "Yeah, I thought I was gonna lose that match."

Not saying that having a positive attitude won't help immensely, though.

EDIT: Excuse the terrible grammar in the first paragraph. :X
This is my attitude, personally. I go in without expectations so that way I always exceed them :)

___X___

Smash Lord
Well guys, this is it! my final BIG tournament in California. SCSA5....
After that tournament, its off to Utah with my blue bum!
This is my last chance to show everyone the potential sonic and myself have.
I promise to do my best, not just for myself but for all you sonic mains! and of course all my brothers and friends back in utah.

If im gonna lose, im not going down without a fight!!!
I'll be sure to show everyone a big bang :)

Wish me luck okay guys?????????

I'm also gonna try to win some money matches!!!!

Also, I think there might be livestream! if there is, watch okay? :)

I love you guys.

:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful::colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
after the around 2-3 matches X will get on his stream, you can come back to my stream where I will have it poppin off.

I have also been told that a dude that I would personally elect to the smash commentary hall of fame will be in attendance at my tourney. If you want to catch me, and DMBrandon, well be at the same tourney tomorrow.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Take a look at the true SBR (Steak Break Room)?

If I recall, there are two links in there already.

DZLE

Smash Master
Man... Kuraudo is way cool...
X, we are all rooting for you back here in Utah. Hope to hear good things.
I'm doing my best, too.
I probably wouldn't have made a return to smash if it wasnt for X's attitude.
Glad you are all getting to see how he is, and how he reflects our smash community.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
after the around 2-3 matches X will get on his stream, you can come back to my stream where I will have it poppin off.

I have also been told that a dude that I would personally elect to the smash commentary hall of fame will be in attendance at my tourney. If you want to catch me, and DMBrandon, well be at the same tourney tomorrow.
diem is gonna be where??? epiicccc

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
i got you all, if you are on the sonic boards tmr and you dont see the link to my stream, you will be officially branded blind and/or ********.

Browny

Smash Hater
X IS ON WATCH D@MMIT

nocaps - doubles btw

ffs they called x's match like 10 mins ago but they havent come yet so its just friendlies until then fffff

infomon

Smash Scientist
WOWWWW look at him wreck that Wario on PS1!!

(but wasn't that after we saw him get jv 3'd?)

Edit: And why the heck is this amateur bracket !!?

Top Bottom