• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
hey guys!! so i just got back from 2 tournaments!!

I won over like 25 money matches!!!

in the first tournament i got OWNEEEDDDDDD.
I spin dashed off the stage... nothing i can do! hahahah!
ummm BUT i did beat fictions wario! wooo hooo!
and also his meta ;)

second tournament I placed 5th
and beat a lot of people. I beat mike haze again yay. and commander beef. yay again!

and other people.

oh i 2 stocked DSF's snake!

ummmm and other stuff... i can't seem to remember but results will be up soon.

if you guys have any questions just ask okay???

:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
Well *gulp* I Think I can already see the outcome of our $20 (?) Money match.

Before I quit the smashscene, I have to play X in at least a full set.

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
WHOBO sounds like so much fun. But I honestly don't know if I'm going to it anymore. I cant afford to go l2 arge tournies out of state tournies in 1 semester...it takes me like a week after the tourney to get back on track again with schoolwork. Im already behind because of stupid POUND. School b4 Brawl. D:

But if I get @ these midterms appropriately when they come around, then you will notice my preregistration.

Luigi player

Smash Master

and also his meta ;)

and beat a lot of people. I beat mike haze again yay. and commander beef. yay again!

and other people.

:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:
You mean Futiles Wario, right?

Good stuff though. :)

DZLE

Smash Master
Wowowo. This dude X...wtf is going onnn? I need to see him play in person. He beat mikeHAZE...AGAIN?!
X is my best bro
and the sexiest sonic this side of the universe
i got a boot put on my car because of him
but he's still legit.
ily X.
Well *gulp* I Think I can already see the outcome of our $20 (?) Money match.

Before I quit the smashscene, I have to play X in at least a full set.
Playing X is like being reborn.
He is the reason i'm dropping everything and picking up sonic.

DZLE

Smash Master
Have fun losing :)
I don't care if I win.
I've learned a lot from the UT smash scene, surprisingly.
We're like family.
And X is the kid on speed nobody wants to be around but secretly like.
But for real, He's my bro, haha.

I'm prepared to give up Chaingrabz for Facerullz

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo

We all are above the average...(i dont know about me) But we got Kuraudo over here takin out the top names in his crew battles, Kinzer gettin more recognized, Tails rapin people and learning what to do, Kojin learnin the offstage game, Trent gettin top 3 (i dont care if its a small tourney, you got top 3 D:<) Chis and Gf handlin things in their regions also.

I dont know, you guys shouldnt mind me right now, im just...kinda pumped. :dizzy:
Kuruado!? Where?!

If X can beat people like MikeHAZE, I'm positive that he could beat just about anyone he comes across. At this point, he's a top level competitor just like the other high profile professional Smash players.

Not meatridin', but you can't deny that after his feats. Good ****, bro.

___X___

Smash Lord
hahaha ohh I love you guys sooo much!!!
Dzle I love you so much, we'll have lunch as soon as i get back from cali and I'll teach you everything I Know about sonic.

I might go to SCSA and i heard some East coast players are coming like Ksizzle and other people.

I Think here's my chance to show EC that my sonic isn't that bad!!

yayyyyy!! (Assuming im gonna go to SCSA5)

Shado, i Would love for us to cross path's one day. you might even **** my sonic!! who knows, anything can happen! :)

Kuraudo, Thanks so much!! you know im doing this for you guys right?? thank you so much for believing in me, it has helped at lot in tourneys, and i know it will help more in the future. Thank you my friend :)

Espy, If dzle picks up sonic i really doubt he's gonna lose with him, dzle is a really good player and he learns quick, I have a lot of faith in him and i know he can do good with sonic!
I'll make sure of it.

EDIT: sonictailslink, I would love to money match you! I promise i'll try my best to stop by vegas when im on my way to utah. and I'm sure you'll have a good chance of beating me! Just like tyrant always tells me "you just gotta believe in yourself" and you'll do fine! I'm sure we'll have a great set :)

BIG KINZZZERRRR, yes 20 dollar MM :) I hope I can teach you something in our little money match set. And i hope you can teach me something as well! I'm planning on passing by vegas for sure, i just don't know what day. but hopefully it will be on a weekend or sunday because you guys always have tournaments sundays right?
I hope you try your hardest in our matches because im not gonna hold back! :)

luigi_player, No no it was FICTION'S Wario. 2 stocked it! :D But yeah thanks! im trying my hardest to accomplish really great things with sonic!! I hope im doing good :)

:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Espy, If dzle picks up sonic i really doubt he's gonna lose with him, dzle is a really good player and he learns quick, I have a lot of faith in him and i know he can do good with sonic!
I'll make sure of it.
You'd better, or we'll have another emo Sonic running around in here.

infomon

Smash Scientist

and also his meta ;)

and other people.

ok I think I get it now

X is sonic, in the flesh, and the guys in his region are thus real sonic fanboys.

**** ***** ***in ****** they're annoying. I can only imagine how the rest of us sonic mains come across to the rest of smashboards / brawl community / irl.

:laugh:

on that note, good stuff X !!!

you should start posting us the actual $$ amounts you're making from these tourneys (net positive once 25 MMs offset the tourney fees I'd hope !!?)

also vidz pl0x

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
I shall jump on the congratulatory bandwagon as well. Wins on players like mike haze and Cmdr. Beef ARE AWESOME.

SO GRATZ BRO

YOU are:

:sonic: :sonic: :sonic: Sonic :sonic: :sonic: :sonic:

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
Even though this will be suicide for me, but I wouldn't mind trying to do a money match with X when he's in Vegas. Heck, I might learn something even though I'm about 99.9% sure that I'll lose to him. I don't like saying 100% because you just never know what fate will bring.
what the steak will bring my dear

you must believe

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
paaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggeeeeeeeeee ssstttreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetttccchhhh

was that really necessary? lol

gg X

:093:

___X___

Smash Lord
page streeeettcchhh TO THE MAX... ah my crappy lappy can't take it.

oh that's the tournament were I almost beat tyrant in tournament!! took him to the last game out of 5 and last stock.

he barley got that D-smash on meee!!

After our match he was like "I was gonna be way sad if i lost" and then i smiled and Shook his hand saying GG :D

pretty fun tournament!! :D

Also Sinz, it'd be nice if you can re-size that or just kinda take it off... its too BIG :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Thread updated.

Oh, and X, I need your results in the format given on the first page. I'll put them in when I get them in that format.

Thanks.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
X... I'm curious... does the WC still have an excessive spotdodging problem?

And yes, Espy does always come close (I think this is the case against almost everyone he plays) to beating me, and has on a few occasions, but like, the ratio is still 8:2 or something XD At this point it may just be that we know each other so well causing such close matches.

Still can't wait for my MM with X though :) I guess I'll have to make sure not to give up serious smash until that happens, so that I can say I beat almost all the Sonics worth beating :)

DZLE

Smash Master
Still can't wait for my MM with X though :) I guess I'll have to make sure not to give up serious smash until that happens, so that I can say I beat almost all the Sonics worth beating :)
If there is a Sonic worth beating out there, it's X.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
On a serious note guys. Phoenix Dark would be a top Sonic if it got his lazy *** off the couch to tournies. Trust me on this. Trust me and we will escape from the city.

___X___

Smash Lord
Hey soul sister, ain't the Mr. Mister on the radio, stereo, the way you move ain't fair, you know!!

Also, which phoenix are you talking about? does he live in san Diego? if so, he's like one of my best sonic main friends!!! and i two stocked him hahaha I love him.

DA KID, to answer your question - besides tyrant I lose to everyone!! I just place pretty high in tournaments hahahah :D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Does this make me one of the good sonics that got away, or one of the sonics thats not worth playing?

DA KID, to answer your question - besides tyrant I lose to everyone!! I just place pretty high in tournaments hahahah :D

I mean who do you lose to in tournament? so that way maybe we can help you with said matchup.

sonictailslink

Smash Journeyman
Henderson &amp; Downtown Express, Las Vegas, NV
VegasSmash Gameworld Weekly #30
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8618
January 24th, 2010
Out of 18
13th - Kinzer (Sonic)
13th - Tails (Sonic)

VegasSmash Gameworld Weekly Amateur Bracket #30
http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=8618
Out of 11
9th - Kinzer (Sonic)
9th - Tails (Sonic)

This week, Kinzer wasn't too happy about his performance so I wouldn't be too surprised that he won't post what happened this week.

As for me, I was pretty happy with the results. Even though I did get last place in Amateur, but compare to last week, I think I did much better.

I won't go into too much details since I don't feel like typing it right now. What I'll type is that I did learn to DI away from Luigi when I get caught in his jab because I got Up-B twice by Luigi in two different matches. After the second time, I knew I need to DI away from him, not towards him. I thought I was going to lose to him but I was able to bring it back.

Also I did have to play against Xero and his Olimar. Even thought I knew I was going to lose to him, but this time I did much better against him. I usually get 2 or 3 stocked by him, but learning some techniques from Kinzer, I was able to get him down to last stock in both matches. Hopefully one of these days I'll actually win a match against him.

Also, this is the first time that me and Kinzer got the same position for a while now. He does believe that one day I will surpass his skills, but right now, I'm not too sure. I might, but not for a long time since I make so many mistakes that it costs me many games. Just hopefully over time, I'll get better.

Top Bottom