• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Speed, you need to get AIM, having to PM you can be a bit slow.

Unless you already have one, in which case hit me up: KinzertheBrawler.

If not, check that PM box yo.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
who da eff cares? i dont play like that in friendlies. when money is on the line, people change. jeez people need to see it from my point of view.

jaybee, what if you had the ability to use tornado like that and were facing ally? u just gonna walk up to him and get up tilted cuz u think ur too broken so ally should win? **** that. snake and diddy beat him anyway. people just suck vs tornado
actually, the number one thing that people tell me to do when i do play metaknight, is that i need to use the nado MORE. I dont use it that much overall, and Ally apparently doesn't either. MK's tilts are too goodz. Maybe I overthink his game and need to simplify it? My MK is aggro in anycase. My snake is not that good but the basics are down already.

You guys must understand the frustration tho. many of us have been dead set on expanding his game, me included and to see it come down to that simply bothers me to no end. TBH tho, I've never seen Ksizzle play. Wasn't calling him a bad MK either, but like i said i was extremely bothered by the effectiveness of that strategy against a top Snake. perhaps that is a matchup specific thing...

I've decided that I won't stop playing sonic, but I still intend to learn MK and Snake intensely. allows me to play different situations better, since I clearly can't do it all with sonic at this point. I'm definately a scrubby Sonic, which is sad considering the time i spent only on him.

so, back to the drawing board. i guess. malcolm, i hate your frickin guts (not really), but after this tourney and watching you play I have newfound respect for Wario. And that's saying A LOT.

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
:sonic: :sonic: :sonic: :sonic: Cheer up sonic boards! OUR MAIN IS KICK ***! :sonic: :sonic: :sonic: :sonic: :sonic:

I'm one of those guys who didn't even really care for the sonic games and I love this character hardcore.

I also get stomped on by 85% of the midwest smash community. However, 2 months ago that number was closer to 100%. I went to my first tournament and got 3 stock'd by almost everyone. 2 months ago I didnt' know what a ASC was and I thought I was da bomb. My point is this: Though it has not been by a large margin, I am slowly improving. In another month (after another 3 tourneys and many smashfests) Im sure my odds will get better. My "back home friends" wont even play with me anymore cuz I 3 stock them at like 30%, even though 2 months ago I lost to them regularly.

Baby steps......

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
-_- Are you serious Speed? I NEVER come close to beating Hilt unless I CP Norfair or something. He beats me senseless. God I must suck if you're 3 stocking him. Also, I didn't go to Pound...that was Excel_Zero. I switched my name to 2D partially because of that and I haven't gotten around to getting a Premium.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
actually, the number one thing that people tell me to do when i do play metaknight, is that i need to use the nado MORE. I dont use it that much overall, and Ally apparently doesn't either.

thats why ally gets stomped on by vexs boozer.

against certain characters, like snake and bowser, nado is kind of essential.

where as in matchs like fox and jigglypuff its usually a bad idea.

~TBS~

Smash Champion
Rolling around at the speed of Sound, Maryland.
uh...i got a hedgehog in excel. And i see, 2 excels **** with those mindgames. But I really dont think thats they case, i just play alot of Olimars and know the MU kinda.

Joemama, i was feeling down, but you cant give it up. Keep it up and stay consistent.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I have tried fighting olimar over and over again and its maddening. Besides I don't see why you're complaining about not doing well anyway, you do well in your state which means if you came here you'd be getting a few easy dollars. I am surprised if I make it out of pools here. My Sonic is mediocre. That or I'm really bad at remembering basic things to get me out of tough situations. I wish I had better Sonic mains here. With me being the best one in my state it limits what I could improve on since there aren't others to learn from.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
speed im still amazed at that three stock you gave that olimar player in pools. it was so epic. that jab so screwed over Olimar at the edge...

Joemama8

Smash Journeyman
Excel - Lol @ im the best sonic main in Indiana, so there......

But I'm getting better and I can be your competition soon!

___X___

Smash Lord
wooaahhhhhhhh Can't tell me nothing now,
Baby I know how to flyyyy!!
woooaahhhhh Can't nothing hold me down,
I'm going touch the skyyy!!! (with sonic of course!!)

4nace

Smash Ace
West coast seems really bitter towards Espy for some reason haha.

But the way I see Sonic in the US looks something like this:

Espy - Shugo - X
Pretty much even, any of them can beat top players with Sonic regardless if they know the matchup, even if Shugo says he gave up on the character haha.

Cam - Speed - KID - Kai - Wes
Once again, very even. Each has an impressive resume of wins, including Cam over Boss, Speed over Chu, and Wes over Ally (atleast in one game lolz)

Then everyone else who goes to tournaments falls under that.
Kinzer, Kuraudo, ITT, Kojin, Shadofiend, and Excel.

Watching vids of any of these Sonics should make you better and they all have new tricks up their sleeves.

-Dan

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
West coast seems really bitter towards Espy for some reason haha.

But the way I see Sonic in the US looks something like this:

Espy - Shugo - X
Pretty much even, any of them can beat top players with Sonic regardless if they know the matchup, even if Shugo says he gave up on the character haha.

Cam - Speed - KID - Kai - Wes
Once again, very even. Each has an impressive resume of wins, including Cam over Boss, Speed over Chu, and Wes over Ally (atleast in one game lolz)

Then everyone else who goes to tournaments falls under that.
Kinzer, Kuraudo, ITT, Kojin, Shadofiend, and Excel.

Watching vids of any of these Sonics should make you better and they all have new tricks up their sleeves.

-Dan
I don't want to sound like a prick here, but I think you have me a bit too low....

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
LOL, who watches my videos to pick up on my style?

I put up matches so I can get them critiqued, meaning they're going to be less-than-stellar 85% of the time.

Other 15% is just when I get to show off, but you don't want to pick up anything from once in a blue moon occurrences either. XD

I really should be doing an inside project, playing people who are good at the matchup and with their character.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
youre the best of the scrubs son, you never beat anybody good lol
Ummmmm..... no?

I'll just go look at pound 4 results and see the people in brackets that i've beaten... DjIskascribble, Bloodcross, Smash64, Infern.

If you count people I've taken a game off of you'd have to include almost every sonic main, M2K, and many other top level players.

Not to mention I probably have more top level placings than any other sonic main here.... No one knows anyone from the Midwest, but our players are right up there with the EC.

Trent

Smash Champion
New tournament line up:

Iowa's Bi-Weekly #3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740
Date: January 23rd, 2010
Expected Turn Out : 15-20

Hot Dickings!
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=257160
Date: January 30th-31st, 2010
Expected Turn Out: 40-60+

Joker's Monthly #16
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=176740
Date: February 13th, 2010
Expected Turn Out: 40-50

NO KOAST v3
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=258525
Date: March 13th-14th, 2010
Expected Turn Out: 100+

Hoping to get some vids up by Monday for review / critique.

Trent

Smash Champion
Iowa's Bi Weekly and Joker's are in Des Moines, Iowa.

Hot Dickings! is in St. Louis, Missouri

No Koast v3 is in Wichita, Kansas.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Get more vidjas up. That's what he was mainly talking about.

Except the part where KID will only teach you how to CP.

/Obligatory bashing.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Didn't know I was a sonic who "just goes to tournies" I've beaten more "pros" than Cammy. Jesus Christ. Sorry I don't post my resume on smashboards 24-7 like the rest of these chummmpps. *ragequit*

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Sorry Kojin. Lulz. You're right. I should just be playing for fun. It gets annoying being such an underground Sonic. People who don't main Sonic know more about me than the people who do. Hell even Lain knew who I was at pound and I've never talked to the dude once.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I finally saw the Pound results lmao

Rock on Malcolm, 13th? Vex too, good **** you guys! :D

EDIT@Shado - lulz yous trollin' :o

I've been so inactive lately though so...we'll be on the same boat soon enough >.>
Apex 2010 is a necessity though. I WILL be there. No matter what. I'll kill the innocent to get there.

Hopefully I'll go to another tournament soon to get my name out there again :3

:093:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Wtfux I was the first Sonic to take boss get at me. I will admit you beat Takeover and I haven't yet. So goood **** True Blue.
<3

a mother always loves her children

:093:

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Wow, when did Scourge become such a mama's boy and *****.

/biitch be trollin'

[EDIT]

...really. P ussy is censored. Not everyone mentions it as a ****.

That one is censored for a good reason.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Delta Upsilon
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=260664
January 23rd
Out of 30
13th - Ithrowthings (Sonic)

Always sucks having to fight M2K in first round of brackets. Can never get that last stock away from him.

I fought OS in another MM and when I had a 75 to 140 % lead on last stock on smashville I decided to jump off and dair because I saw vids of all the other sonics doing it. When I springed to recover he hit me with a dair and stage spiked me.... I'm taking that move outta my game entirely. I 2-stocked him next game on FD then he CP'd norfair. I know I'm getting better now at least.

Top Bottom