• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
knowing the sonic match-up wont help alot against chris, his sonic 2-3 stocks every other sonic out there EASILY...
I am very confident that if Utah came back in Vegas, I could go even with X, nevermind that it's a ditto matchup.

I'm not trollin'.

S.I.N. II, let's make it happen? :) We CAN record too.

/shameless advertising for a regional/(national?). Vegassmash requested we get the word out to as many people as possible.

This event needs a name. To be marked down in Sonic Board history.
It's called, the good ol' days of pre-'09.

Im deeply hurt and offended, but no I will not take the troll bait.
This /\/1gg@ doesn't even play Sonic anymore, and he knows how it's done.

Where the rest of y'all @?

Edit: Please don't infract me, I didn't get the memo. I'm sorry Espy. :(

wangston

Smash Lord
__X___ I love you. Have my babies, the water is cold on my wang!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! You're amazing!!!!! I freaking miss you like crazy!!!!!!!!! Write me a letter sometime. My life sucks with out you.

X is the best sonic out there hands down, shugo comes close or when he played all sonic.

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
right here...

and PD cleared Act 4 with his post fixing. Act 4? Get at that futuristic chicken.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Alright then.

-Any posts concerning this issue from this point onward are getting reported.
-Phoenix/trolls, quit your ****
-Take any other discussions to the SGD. It's there for a reason.

This is the tournament results thread. I'd like to keep it that way before it devolves into something else.
This. SGD is there for a reason so I suggest you start using it. Perhaps this thread has been too lenient already as I can see this devolving into something else.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
look at all these mad sawniks =D ****in furious over words typed on the interwebz

SRSBSNSGAIZ

and yeah... i think utah is coming to SIN2 garuntee it already told Z we were down for it

GIVE US A DATE THO MANG <.<

__X___ I love you. Have my babies, the water is cold on my wang!!!! I'm so proud of you!!!! You're amazing!!!!! I freaking miss you like crazy!!!!!!!!! Write me a letter sometime. My life sucks with out you.

X is the best sonic out there hands down, shugo comes close or when he played all sonic.

:colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful::colorful:
ALSO THIS^

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Serious question time. If X is out there placing top 8 in your area, and you can't beat random mk's that spam tornado, why are you confident you can go even with him? You've been hittin' up them special stages?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
and yeah... i think utah is coming to SIN2 garuntee it already told Z we were down for it

GIVE US A DATE THO MANG <.<
We're trying to make sure that there aren't too many tournaments in such a short-amount of time, so people can come to S.I.N. II and just put full focus on that. I'm not really sure myself, from the way I see it we were looking at Springtime since there won't be much activity then, but I've also seen some suggesting for the Summer. Reasons for that are self-explanatory.

Edit: PD, There are matchups I suck at, and just times where I do bad, but if I'm confident in anything about myself, is that I will at worst get 2-stocked (typo) against a ditto match. For God's sake, it's playing against myself, if I can't beat my own worst enemy (myself), how the Hell do I do some of the things I do? Flukes?
That might not be out of the question...

Besides that, I'm working on it, slowly but surely. If I did better against The Jew, despite being tired compared to my first time, if I keep this rate of improval, I'm going to do some damage with time allowing.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
We're trying to make sure that there aren't too many tournaments in such a short-amount of time, so people can come to S.I.N. II and just put full focus on that. I'm not really sure myself, from the way I see it we were looking at Springtime since there won't be much activity then, but I've also seen some suggesting for the Summer. Reasons for that are self-explanatory.

Edit: PD, There are matchups I suck at, and just times where I do bad, but if I'm confident in anything about myself, is that I will at worst get 2-stocked (typo) against a ditto match. For God's sake, it's playing against myself, if I can't beat my own worst enemy (myself), how the Hell do I do some of the things I do? Flukes?
That might not be out of the question...

Besides that, I'm working on it, slowly but surely. If I did better against The Jew, despite being tired compared to my first time, if I keep this rate of improval, I'm going to do some damage with time allowing.
O dayum son, you got this. Kinzer's out for blood now.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
:<

Excuse me, Shado...? I'm trying to get some more attendance for a tourney I'll be attending sometime in a couple of months...

I just hope that won't discourage him, or anybody else reading that, for the matter. Vegas needs to get on the radar.

And yes, I'm not johning. I'm just saying how I know I'll do good/better next time, I can do this~!

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Wat else is there to talk about? "hey guys our character blows and Malcolm quit Sonic!!!! blah blah bla"

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
cant even lie the kirby boards are terrible and i do not use them

also, shado umad... so either ***s or gtfo

EDIT:

Rob isnt for robert it is for Robotic Operating Buddy

lrn2acronym
Check the Sig My dude.

@ Mars - You forgot the random threads BOKU makes and the random "How can we make Homing Attack a good move" threads.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Lol I think we should all visit each others boards more often because if your character isn't MK it gets really boring:( like on Sheik boards we just flame each other cuz there isn't anything else to talk about lmao.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
yeah Kinzer you are not going even with X, ur sonic is terrible. U lost to nado spam. Even intelligent use of nado isnt that good vs sonic. So dont even babble how about going even with X when u get trashed by noob Metas and X is going toe to toe with Tyrant. In anycase WC has few sonics but some of us are underwraps.

Personally, i know this shouldnt be posted here, but there are things we can all learn from each other as sonic mains. I think X has been showcasing that we can compete with these top players as Sonic; heck i think alot of us sonics have been showing that little by little. We as a community just need to put it all together. I sent Kojin a post the other day stating how its suxs because i will see for instance espy with all his technical ability lost to someone he shouldnt because of the way the matchup is played. Or certain mindsets that we have with matchups here that need to be addressed (Especially the metaknight matchup). Ive played a bit with X and Ive got some replays that ill try 2 get them up eventually.

Yeah i know the sonic boards is joking and ultimately its all for fun. However as competitive players, we should knock that ish off sometimes and attempt to learn from one another. Im going to say this right now. Sonic's metagame is definitely NOT where it should be. Watching X play other players and playing top players myself (not saying im the only one) Im convinced that Sonic can handle his own. Alot of times i think that we as sonics just dont know what is exactly punishable or what follow-ups would be best for that said character. Too many times ive seen Sonics get wrecked by a glide attack by Metaknight or simply shield it for no reason. Or Sonics charging fsmash right under Snake instead of upsmash which will cover the most options due to its abstract hurtbox and longevity.

In any case, ive got nothing but love for these boards. Been lurking here awhile and have been posting from time to time. Ive seen some awesome Sonics, but its unfortunate because theres people that know Sonic and dont know the game. In 2010 we should make some noise as Sonic players, and i genuinely hope the best for all the sonics here.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Lol I think we should all visit each others boards more often because if your character isn't MK it gets really boring:( like on Sheik boards we just flame each other cuz there isn't anything else to talk about lmao.
i dont even go on the kirby boards, why? if you arent a known kirby your statements about anything are automatically considered invalid and get ignored along with all they do is suck kawaii bunnys imaginary **** all day :/

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Good ****. But only a few Sonics here take stuff seriously. They talk about getting better but hold out with the rest. As a Scourge i talk to all other Scourges and make sure we're getting it in. Kinzer did mess up vs that MK. But i believe next time he will learn from his mistakes and win.

I'm still not sure what X is doing but we need more videos of his Sonic. I need to see how he plays and maybe i could fix some gaps in my own playstyle. There are alot of good Sonics but the only great Sonic who places so consistently doesnt even post up vids. So no one is getting that better. And Shugo just gave up on the character entirely. Its all falco MK now.

We all need more videos. Like all of us. Win or Lose. Even myself. We only have the same people posting vids over and over. We're too busy clowning around all the time. IF we could get all the sonics in one place. And just go through each of the names there and watch through the matches. We could get something going. The problem is this community may be fun to be apart of but when it comes to getting better its not that Solid. And with the death of the Xat we really have no place to go to all talk and compare playstyles and get better together. I believe there should be a new Xat made that should only be member allowed so we dont get the random spammers. Because Bluesteak is not a Sonic Xat anymore. And no one will ever go back.

P.S. OR we could all get on aim but we wouldnt be able to watch the matches together

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
actually, you can watch the matches together in aim... just not synced.

you just post the link in the chat and go.

and of course, there's skype... you can do that too...

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Im back from pound, and Im pissed off.

I'm getting sick and tired of noob metaknights. they literally ruin the game. period. and the worst part is they wont get better because thier gay tactics will work on even significantly better players, just becuase they are metaknight. Ksizzle, i dont care who he is or how good he is, should NEVER get that close to beating Ally off of mach tornado alone. part of that is ally's fault yes, but a LOT of that is MK's stupidity.

I had an argument with GIMR about this. how snake shouldn't be beat by nado becuase of lol grenades. well guess what? he still can, because at the end of the day your sheild is going down, and even M2K knows that just because you have grenades or naners or whatever, that nado is still very safe to use, even if only intellegently.

Now before you tell me how wrong i am, I spent a lot of time at pound watching matches from metas, because lets face it, they are ****ing everywhere. bad ones, and good ones alike. and even when speed did well in the first pool which was FULL of mediocre metas not named Ally, the next two metas that faced him played so like HewbrewHammer and won anyway. I can honestly see why Malcolm stopped playing sonic. its because he knew that he was waaaaaaaaaaay better than the people beating him, but that the only realy reason they were so hard to beat, even though he outplays them, outreads them etc... is becuase he was sonic and they were not, basically. But give him a character like Wario, whos not even top 5 IMO, and he is one attack away from kicking out M2K from Pound4. that is the truth.

You guys do what you want, and im happy for you guys that seems to "get it done" with only sonic, but I'm gonna take the logical option and pick up high tiers. i dont care who it is. i dont care how gay they play. I'm clearly never gonna go anywhere with Sonic, even after all of this improvement, so why bother trying. don't even bother calling me a Sonic player anymore.

I really wish the community grew som ballz and banned his ***. not gonna happen, but whatever. I'll spend my time training him then. and Snake. lol brawl.

PS: I'll probably calm down after a day or so.... :(

___X___

Smash Lord
hey guys!! so i just got done with 2 tournaments in a row!!! so I placed 3rd at the BR act!!
and i placed 4th at winter game fest! it was like out of 120!!!! im so glad i got that far! i had to beat a lot of people!!!

the results aren't up yet, but when they are I'll for sure post them, and to the people that say my sonic is good- Thanks so much guys! im trying my hardest to be the best sonic in the world!! it has been my dream ever since he was updated!!! I hope it has been reached! and if not, i hope it will get reached in time.

I also 2 stocked phoenix in sonic dittos, and 3 stocked Ice Dx's sonic! :)))
they are wayyy cool guys! Ice dx is WAYY awesome and Phoenix is Freakin cool! thanks for housing me and being by my side for every match i had!!!!! helped me a lot in the tourney :)

i also won over 40 money matches!!!!

so it all went good! i did WAYYYYYY better than i expected!!!

I hope you guys love my placings, im trying my hardest!!!!!

anyways thats all i have to say for now, sadly im too poor to afford internet, so next time i get online ill post the updates! thanks so much everyone who believe's in me or thinks my sonic is good, you guys make me want to try harder and be better, thanks!!!!

i love you all!!

<3333333333333333

:colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful: :colorful:

MalcolmM

Smash Lord
Didnt even have to namesearch this one....just stumbled upon it...

You don't have a right to insult Ksizzle's skill. He's a very talented player with or without MK. Ally is similarly amazing, but you hold in a much higher regard. They are both top players. The matches between them were incredibly boring and lame, but you'd be foolish to play any other way considering the amount of money on the line. An intelligent use of tornado is not a reason for a rage essay. His tornado ending up being his downfall so clearly it wasnt the almighty thing you make it out to be. As for dropping sonic, I don't believe it will change how things go for you Kojin. You are too easily frustrated. Once you begin to get frustrated all of your characters turn into Link(Link mains plz dont hate me. Beer all day guys.).I told you that @ the hotel. You seem to carry this chip on your shoulder because you use sonic and everyone else doesn't so suddenly their characters are oh-so-easy to play. Then you are mad the moment they play the matchup correctly or begin to wall u effectively. That mindset will be your downfall regardless of who you pick up.

As for me dropping sonic...this character blows. I started to look at the game and look at the options available and I saw that I was winning with absolute nonsense. I watched my vids and saw that I didnt even make great reads on my opponents...i was just throwing out the same mixups regardless of their patterns...if they worked I was a "mindgamey genius". If I lost, then it was because they were "camping me" and "sonic is bad". Thats why I dropped him. I wasn't even winning with skill. I was winning with gimmicks and fear. The only person who brought out some semblance of intelligent play from me was mew2king. Against Jason I had to really use my brain and I really enjoyed that chess-like version of brawl we were playing. I took that same intelligent style to lesser players and could no longer find success with this character. Fortunately, Wario was my first main in this game and he ended up being amazing so I just started playing him again. Ever since I've picked up a character who cant go on autopilot I have really blossomed as a player. U don't have the same problem as me so you don't need the same solution, but I felt like letting my situation be known so I stop reading my name + I'm quitting sonic when I namesearch.

Kojin ur a cool dude pre-brawling. You need to remain that same cool dude during the game.

Bedtime for me.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
Kojin...

welcome to the dark side. :evil:

Top Bottom