• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Act 3 Clear!!: Sonic Tournament Results & Discussion Thread

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
You gotta respect how Malcolm becomes the best w/e character he plays as though. And i think we all should lock him in a no window room and do Sonic vs Wario matches until ALL of us have that match up down completely...Man my ideas are so amazing sometimes.

Im completely down with that idea.

LOL at the dude on the stream saying malcolm was a random.
he was like " well you cant really put him at the level of ppl like ninjalink...
me: "***** hes been better than ninjalink for like6 months now..."

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose

Im completely down with that idea.

LOL at the dude on the stream saying malcolm was a random.
he was like " well you cant really put him at the level of ppl like ninjalink...
me: "***** hes been better than ninjalink for like6 months now..."
The Pound 4 Brawl commentary was absolute garbage.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
We got banned cuz we thought it was funny lol we don't really care.

Here's what i'll say about X. He's really smart.........but the more you play him the more you'll figure him out.

He'll beat PhantomX the first time they play if they MM, he'll beat Hylian and KPrime if they play too. The only people I could see him losing too in MM's would be Dojo and Razer.

oh and UTDZac will beat him cuz he sucks vs. G&W's.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Woah, woah. Be careful, you're just giving us free shots at mocking the entire west coast with that little bold part fragment. I had an incredibly difficult time not starting it over again myself just right now.
Anyways, will there be an AiB results on it or something?
espy

you're not that good

just accept that you're not the best sonic, nobody really cares. In fact, most people think you're pretty ridiculous. I think you should really take a minute, and look back at your posts, and take a good look at the perception people may have of you, because honestly, you're really embarrassing

ps x is much better than you, not only as sonic but as a player. He isn't concerned about being the best, he's not a douche bag, and doesn't get mad and throw ***** fits every time he loses in friendlies like you do.

someone infract me for being brash

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
We got banned cuz we thought it was funny lol we don't really care.

Here's what i'll say about X. He's really smart.........but the more you play him the more you'll figure him out.

He'll beat PhantomX the first time they play if they MM, he'll beat Hylian and KPrime if they play too. The only people I could see him losing too in MM's would be Dojo and Razer.

When you're trolled, you're trolled. There's no way around it.

And figuring him out is exactly what Badnewsbear told me while watching the live stream of X vs. Havok (I believe. He said something about X vs. a MK). Basically put, he said once the MK learned his habits, the game was completely his.

Then again, the applies to most characters/players, really.

As for saying he'll beat them first match: I wouldn't be surprised if he did. However, those three are the three players who've played me the most out of anyone in the state of Texas, and have the most enriched knowledge about Sonic. Hylian and Phantom also went to the EC and beat pretty much every Sonic they MM'd over there, and Phantom beat Malcolm as well. I don't think Hylian and Phantom have lost to any other Sonic they've MM'd or played in tournament during their travel.

They know the match-up completely, and I'm pretty sure that X doesn't have as much Wario/Ice Climbers/Pikachu experience as he should have before diving into these games.

Besides, Hylian also plays G&W, lol.

It would be an interesting set of games to watch though, without doubt.

just accept that you're not the best sonic, nobody really cares. In fact, most people think you're pretty ridiculous. I think you should really take a minute, and look back at your posts, and take a good look at the perception people may have of you, because honestly, you're really embarrassing

ps x is much better than you, not only as sonic but as a player. He isn't concerned about being the best, he's not a douche bag, and doesn't get mad and throw ***** fits every time he loses in friendlies like you do.

Woah. That's quite the statement right there.
I've never been concerned with being the best player, make no mistake about that. Any posts that may allude to that are unintentional, and I've made that quite clear over the last few pages.

Unless it's a troll post, which is the vibe I'm getting, honestly.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'm jealous of his repertoire. It dwarfs mine. I mean, I've only gone toe to toe with Dojo, Razer, Royr, Fliphop, Trela, DMG, Hylian, Santi, PhantomX, Sethlon, UTD Zac, as well as out of state players such as Vex, Mike Haze...
The bolded are the ones that are the gems of there. We have DSF, Tyrant, Fiction, DEHF, SK92, Mike Haze, Havok, and Futile is back for the time being. X has yet to play SK I believe but if he goes to SCSA 5 on the 30th then he will most likely. M2k is going to SCSA 5 so he could get a MM there.

My point being that any Sonic worth their weight is going to have a long list of great players they've done well against. Being "jealous" of another high leveled Sonic's check list wouldn't make much sense to me if I've done just as well against players on the same level.
The only one that I have heard of placing so high in a regional/national would be Dojo. The rest I just know that are good but I haven't heard of them placing high. I'm not saying they haven't but I havent seen it. So saying they are on the same level might not be so accurate.

Oh, and if X does MM PX, Phantom's going to ****.him.up. If Phantom can beat me and Malcolm, what chance does X have?
I'd also love to see Hylian play against him. Or K Prime for that matter.
PhantomX probably will win since he is supposed to win in that matchup. I'm just saying he is probably going to have fun since X has played Futile and if he has learned the matchup it might be a fun match for PhantomX instead of 3-5 minutes of ****.

Mostly this. EC > WC. The bolded part as well, but also including Texas players, considering that's mostly who I play against. There's no doubt that X is something else, but we've just seen him mess around with WC. I just want to see him play in a stronger region.
LOL! That is always the biggest debate of them all. Seriously though, EC does have M2k, Ninjalink and ADHD. But as a whole WC has greater players than EC does. The debate will always go on about who is better so why even bring it up Espy, it will never end. Seriously you guys need to stop hating on X, he has placed well and even in a regional. Any further blatant disrespect sure does show how blind you Sonics are lol. Just place well like him and you guys will get Sonic up a few more spaces in the tier list.

On a side note. X is Sonic IRL, he reacts to everything just like Sonic would. You can tell online he already is but man in person no doubt about it, he is Sonic. I feel sorry for X not having support from his fellow mains but that's how it goes. Anyways I had enough of being on this board so catch you later.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
The bolded are the ones that are the gems of there. We have DSF, Tyrant, Fiction, DEHF, SK92, Mike Haze, Havok, and Futile is back for the time being. X has yet to play SK I believe but if he goes to SCSA 5 on the 30th then he will most likely. M2k is going to SCSA 5 so he could get a MM there.

The only one that I have heard of placing so high in a regional/national would be Dojo. The rest I just know that are good but I haven't heard of them placing high. I'm not saying they haven't but I havent seen it. So saying they are on the same level might not be so accurate.
Fair enough, I suppose.

PhantomX probably will win since he is supposed to win in that matchup. I'm just saying he is probably going to have fun since X has played Futile and if he has learned the matchup it might be a fun match for PhantomX instead of 3-5 minutes of ****.
Wario vs. Sonic is always fun to watch and play, in my opinion. Me and Phantom play all the time. It sucks when it happens in tournament, but in friendlies I absolutely love it.

LOL! That is always the biggest debate of them all. Seriously though, EC does have M2k, Ninjalink and ADHD. But as a whole WC has greater players than EC does. The debate will always go on about who is better so why even bring it up Espy, it will never end. Seriously you guys need to stop hating on X, he has placed well and even in a regional. Any further blatant disrespect sure does show how blind you Sonics are lol. Just place well like him and you guys will get Sonic up a few more spaces in the tier list.
Yeah, I'll admit that I jumped the gun on that statement. I apologize for that.

i was, i don't get why nobody tells him how it is
Honestly, the only time I remember when I was honestly and truly upset and acted out was at HOBO19. I got frustrated with my poor playing and yanked my controller out of the system.

However, I still shook the opponent's hand and gave him the obligatory "good-game", albeit the handshake was a bit weak.

I'm sorry that you over-generalized my personality by only being around me for about four hours, and that you're blowing your statements way out of proportion.

On a side note. X is Sonic IRL, he reacts to everything just like Sonic would. You can tell online he already is but man in person no doubt about it, he is Sonic. I feel sorry for X not having support from his fellow mains but that's how it goes. Anyways I had enough of being on this board so catch you later.
This just gives me more incentive to see his play style. It'd be nice if WC managed to get some videos up.

Also not all the Sonics hate on X. I have no problem with the dude. I acknowledge his skill in this game.
I never said I hated X either. ;-;
Guess this is what I deserve for supposedly bashing him earlier though. For the umpteenth time, my apologies for any harmful statements from my posts. They were purely unintentional.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you know all of this bullcrap would be avoided if people hopped off of X's ****.

the meat riding needs to stop right here and right now.

Just because the rest of us dont think X is God's gift to sonic the way you do doesnt mean that we dont respect and acknowledge what he does. maybe instead of foaming at the mouth about how good he is, and trying to start drama because we dont worship him like you all seem to you could take a second and learn how to act like him.

when X was actually here, he was fun, acted goofy and didnt take stuff so GD serious, maybe yall could learn something from that. i bashed him a litttle bit, and he just straight up asked me why i hate so hard, and I honestly answered him and said that I was just joking, it wasnt a big deal, and that I know hes mad good. and he was ok with that, why cant you all be.

LET PEOPLE TALK, AND LET ACTIONS AND RESULTS SPEAK FOR THEMSELVES.

if you have a problem with how we act, i dont care, shut the hell up and sit down.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
you see, there's part of your problem, you don't even realize what you're doing, and instead of looking at it as a possible issue, you're blowing it off as "i'm right and you're at fault for taking it out of proportion"

Step 1 is acceptance

you know all of this bullcrap would be avoided if people hopped off of X's ****.

Just because the rest of us dont think X is God's gift to sonic the way you do doesnt mean that we dont respect and acknowledge what he does. maybe instead of foaming at the mouth about how good he is, you could take a second and learn how to act like him.

when X was actually here, he was fun, acted goofy and didnt take stuff so GD serious, maybe yall could learn something from that. i bashed him a litttle bit, and he just straight up asked me why i hate so hard, and I honestly answered him and said that I was just joking, it wasnt a big deal, and that I know hes mad good. and he was ok with that, why cant you all be.

and nah i don't care about the other sonics really, just espy because for some reason he can't accept that he isn't that good and instead just hates mad hard, with no evidence of anything and just bases things on his own results, which aren't even valid since he's not at x's level (imo, i've played both)

and i don't mean to dickride x either, i'm just being real.

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
i was, i don't get why nobody tells him how it is
They just hate on him for doing good and since they have nothing to show for it then they make up excuses. If he wants to compare Texas vs Socal then you obviously don't know SoCal Espy :laugh:.

The people that can never prove it just like to make fun, ignorance is bliss.

To the sonics that respect him, thats awesome but too bad the others dont know how to do that.

Meatriding you say? SoCal keeps it real, dont hate.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
They just hate on him for doing good
We dont hate on him, we hate on the people from his region. because they cant take that mexican peniz out they mouth for long enough to listen to people

why dont you go back and find a quote from any of the regulars here saying that X is bad/not a top sonic player.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate

Just because the rest of us dont think X is God's gift to sonic the way you do doesnt mean that we dont respect and acknowledge what he does. maybe instead of foaming at the mouth about how good he is, and trying to start drama because we dont worship him like you all seem to you could take a second and learn how to act like him.

if you have a problem with how we act, i dont care, shut the hell up and sit down.
Reposting incase anyone missed it. And people need to cool their ***** down, like right now.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Rofllllll You Know **** Is Bad When Shado Is Trying To Get Threads Back On Track.

Too Good.

Also, Wc And Texas Both Suck. What?! YES?!

Let The Hate Flow Through You!

Jkjk Ily All <33333333

EDIT: **** this weak *** site not lettin me get my caps hype on.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
and nah i don't care about the other sonics really, just espy because for some reason he can't accept that he isn't that good and instead just hates mad hard, with no evidence of anything and just bases things on his own results, which aren't even valid since he's not at x's level (imo, i've played both)
You played me several months ago. It's not as if my skill at that point in time just suddenly froze the moment you left Texas. It's fairly difficult to gauge between two players when you consider the gaps of time between the two experiences.

Anyways, like I said, I don't care about who's better. I only initially questioned X because I was unaware of the amount of Sonic knowledge on the WC.

Since he's consistent, that says something about his abilities and his Sonic.

When X was actually here, he was fun, acted goofy and didnt take stuff so GD serious, maybe yall could learn something from that. i bashed him a litttle bit, and he just straight up asked me why i hate so hard, and I honestly answered him and said that I was just joking, it wasnt a big deal, and that I know hes mad good. and he was ok with that, why cant you all be.

That's one of the best things I've ever seen KID post.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Does he suck against G&W, or is it just that G&W is a really bad MU for Sonic?

I'm not going to lie, it's probably the ladder. G&W is so ridiculous for poor Sonic.

(Stuff I accidentally erased concerning SK92)

Just place well like him and you guys will get Sonic up a few more spaces in the tier list.

Don't let SK92 play Wario against X please, unless he's gotten better since he lost to somebody like me. :)

No, people find it more fun to think he will drop, and since so many people want him to go down, he'll probably drop. Anyway since tier lists are dumb, let's just drop that for now.

Also:

Also not all the Sonics hate on X. I have no problem with the dude. I acknowledge his skill in this game.
Listen to this man. Even if I wasn't in the same region as X, I'd love this guy to death. I wish I could travel more and get better acquainted with X, but smash is just a hobby to me, I gotta do good in school for the future.

You are hypocrite, putting me on ignore when all I do is troll you.

you see, there's part of your problem, you don't even realize what you're doing, and instead of looking at it as a possible issue, you're blowing it off as "i'm right and you're at fault for taking it out of proportion"

Step 1 is acceptance

Did somebody namedrop you? I'd be amazed if you're coming in here on your own accord and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also NoU, I took you to 1 stock with little to no prior Marth experience/matchup knowledge, please come back to Vegas and shut me up. :)

Edit:

Alright people cool it. Sonic boards are looking like the Old Peach Boards right now. Chilllllll.
/\/1gg@, Peach boards was/is some serious drama. Only drama on the Sonic boards is from people who don't know how the internet works.

I'm afraid that's a lot.

But anyway, PD is right, this crap's really funny when you have to put on a serious business face.

Reposting incase anyone missed it. And people need to cool their ***** down, like right now.
And I am disappoint, Chis. You being one of us, despite a moderator; should know better that none of this trash-talk should not be taken seriously.

It's just that as a moderator, it's your duty to kill the fun. :(

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Did somebody namedrop you? I'd be amazed if you're coming in here on your own accord and doesn't afraid of anything.

Also NoU, I took you to 1 stock with little to no prior Marth experience/matchup knowledge, please come back to Vegas and shut me up. :)
I name dropped him, for the record.
At the same time, bringing up those matches is probably invalid on my part because they were sometime in early fall. Kinda old.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

nah i came in on my own.

and i did shut you up, didn't i win? LOL

edit:

i didn't know this.

ShadoFiend

Smash Lord
Its Obvious if MikeHAZE came to MD/VA Speed and me would run train on him since we're the best Sonic Scourge *******ers out here! EVEN NEO FEARS THE DREADED STEAK AND ANTI-STEAK

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I think the hate is coming from ideas that are being misinterpreted as hate.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Lol, Kinzer took Haze to last stock while using Sonic? It's official, WC can't play against Sonic. Did I just call Kinzer bad? I think I did. Am I still trollin? Only time will tell. More on this story at 5.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
At the same time, bringing up those matches is probably invalid on my part because they were sometime in early fall. Kinda old.
Oh, I think I forgot to ask, but since you actually went out of your way to quote me, I know you're not ignoring me. Thank you~!

and i did shut you up, didn't i win? LOL
Baww, but I did all that just playing Sawnik. I swear, I may do better this time 'round, I won't know until we have a rematch~! :(

Chances are though, you'll probably win 'cause you got better/are still better than me.

I just love playing against good people though. It's a nice opportunity when it comes. I be sitting here in Vegas, losing to people who play terrible Meta Knights. :(

Edit:

@ PD:

uM/Bad.

<3

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
espy

you're not that good

__X__ THE best sonic, and all he does is get better period. way to **** this scrub :D

When you're trolled, you're trolled. There's no way around it.

And figuring him out is exactly what Badnewsbear told me while watching the live stream of X vs. Havok (I believe. He said something about X vs. a MK). Basically put, he said once the MK learned his habits, the game was completely his.

Then again, the applies to most characters/players, really.

As for saying he'll beat them first match: I wouldn't be surprised if he did. However, those three are the three players who've played me the most out of anyone in the state of Texas, and have the most enriched knowledge about Sonic. Hylian and Phantom also went to the EC and beat pretty much every Sonic they MM'd over there, and Phantom beat Malcolm as well. I don't think Hylian and Phantom have lost to any other Sonic they've MM'd or played in tournament during their travel.

They know the match-up completely, and I'm pretty sure that X doesn't have as much Wario/Ice Climbers/Pikachu experience as he should have before diving into these games.

Besides, Hylian also plays G&W, lol.

It would be an interesting set of games to watch though, without doubt.

Woah. That's quite the statement right there.
I've never been concerned with being the best player, make no mistake about that. Any posts that may allude to that are unintentional, and I've made that quite clear over the last few pages.

Unless it's a troll post, which is the vibe I'm getting, honestly.
you are definitely not on the same level as __X__ and your playstyles are completely different :/

knowing the sonic match-up wont help alot against chris, his sonic 2-3 stocks every other sonic out there EASILY...

also i like how you throw out the names of 2 characters he actually does have a good amount of experience against

TL;DR __X__ is best sonic and match up xp means nothing cuz he plays way different than most scrubby sawniks

ZxChrono

Smash Journeyman
I didn't think it was possible for someone to be dumb enough to take that post seriously. Congratulations, you proved me wrong. <3333333
Fall for the troll bait more LOL!!! Trolls just cant resist it :laugh::laugh::laugh:

It happens on the wario boards too.

Everyone has their own opinions. You can lay down facts and some people will always be in disbelief or not accept it. The choice is yours on what to do but it is getting rather dull.

OH WELL.

Just call it, The X Factor.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Alright then.

-Any posts concerning this issue from this point onward are getting reported.
-Phoenix/trolls, quit your ****
-Take any other discussions to the SGD. It's there for a reason.

This is the tournament results thread. I'd like to keep it that way before it devolves into something terrible.

In any case. Stop it. There will be no more talk of this in this thread.

Edit: I was actually going to do it myself KID, though I'm sure nobody really cares.

Top Bottom