• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Marth's Dair... A Marth Social Thread!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Cosmo, you should just main marth. Pull out your other characters only when you have to. Your marth is too good. Or as someone put it "That marth is slippery"

djmirrorr

Smash Apprentice
LMFAO

So good :laugh:.

Yea I haven't planned for it, but I'm gonna start saving money for it right after my trip to the MW.

I can't waaaaaaaaaait for it :psycho:

LMFAO why is it so easy to persuade me to go to different places >_>
GET A JOB YOU HOBO!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to AX? if you are, I'll try to chip in for a hotel room with you and Rei

I'm not so sure if i can go yet but i'll try!

Staco

Smash Champion
Staco - Oh I know Strawhat is good haha, though I meant to say in the US.

I honestly know very little about the OOC scene :urg:
You should take a look at the european players.

They are actually doing pretty good at international tourneys. (placing top 5 at big american events, having a close crewbattle against the best of the usa (and not all european pros attended pound 4))

If you want to see something of the european you should just check the european tourney results and then you should search for the name of the tourney. ^^

And europe is still getting better and better. =)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
GET A JOB YOU HOBO!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you going to AX? if you are, I'll try to chip in for a hotel room with you and Rei

I'm not so sure if i can go yet but i'll try!
I HAVE 2 JOBS YOU JERK! AND I'M TAKING 18 CREDITS IN SCHOOL (Thats 6 classes btw >_>) :mad:

But yea me and Rei at least are definitely going or at least he sounds really confident he can attend. I'm definitely going to AX at the very least though I'm going to make plans to do a ton of other ****. Hopefully visit the scene, maybe visit family or look at ****.

Or get trashed w/e who knows.

You should take a look at the european players.

They are actually doing pretty good at international tourneys. (placing top 5 at big american events, having a close crewbattle against the best of the usa (and not all european pros attended pound 4))

If you want to see something of the european you should just check the european tourney results and then you should search for the name of the tourney. ^^

And europe is still getting better and better. =)
Europe having an evolving metagame and being very good and having different playstyles is not really news to me haha.

I just have a hard time sitting down and watching a match *shrugs*. Nothing against Europe, I don't even watch American videos readily so :laugh:

Dart

Smash Lord
the playstyles are vastly different do in part to certain moves being changed...marth and falcos dairs, marth is lighter, sheiks dthrow sucks, etc.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Its much more than just game differences.

Given NTSC we can see what the Euros will do. And well... its different. I learned a huge amount from simply WATCHING Armada play.

I think the differences did force them to adapt but well whatever.

I wish I could play the PAL version :(

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
Does that mean that emulated versions are only the NA version? or are you able to choose which rom version you use if one were to use a GC emulator? lol

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you have a wii, you can follow the melee hacks tutorial and instead of using NTSC, use a PAL disc, and tuddah you gots PAL

Dart

Smash Lord
Does that mean that emulated versions are only the NA version? or are you able to choose which rom version you use if one were to use a GC emulator? lol
If you have a wii, you can follow the melee hacks tutorial and instead of using NTSC, use a PAL disc, and tuddah you gots PAL
there isn't really a point to the PAL version, alot of characters were nerfed, so you don't really need to play it. i mean, i guess you would just to see the differences but other than that. no point.:laugh:

Staco

Smash Champion
there isn't really a point to the PAL version, alot of characters were nerfed, so you don't really need to play it. i mean, i guess you would just to see the differences but other than that. no point.:laugh:
Pal is much more balanced.

But yeah, to the most part its the same game.

stelzig

Smash Lord
PAL and NTSC aren't so different. PAL is indeed more balanced, but I must admit i actually somewhat enjoy playing NTSC more. Especially in the case of playing against jiggs ;) (and for those who believe jiggs is the best in the game i suppose they could argue that NTSC is actually more balanced... In the top anyway :p)... Ganon Fair also just feels awesome in NTSC :laugh:
I actually don't even own a PAL copy at the moment after the person I was supposed to get it from bailed on me after I sold mine to PockyD =L (fortunately I DO have a US and JP version :p)

As for PAL players playing differently, i remember some american mention during friendlies at pound that the european spaceanimals like to use Utilt alot more than the americans... With faab replying with something along the lines of "UpTilt is falco's best spacing move" or something.
:laugh:
Oh and Ek from Sweden has a pretty nice marth too :dizzy:

Edit: Oh, and makenshi too.

Staco: Your name seems oddly familiar... Did you by any chance use to play MSC?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I'm afraid of playing PAL because it will ruin my perspective on the NTSC versions. ;_;

Staco

Smash Champion
Staco: Your name seems oddly familiar... Did you by any chance use to play MSC?
yes, I was the best german player and also one of the top eu players, even though I didnt play a lot of players of the other countries, cause I got into contact with them at the end of my msc playing time ;)

I.B

Smash Lord
hahah maybe.

I doubt Mango would travel there though. Maybe you gotta ante up the army for Apex ;)

stelzig

Smash Lord
yes, I was the best german player and also one of the top eu players, even though I didnt play a lot of players of the other countries, cause I got into contact with them at the end of my msc playing time ;)
Hmm, Germany had alot of good players. I used to be the best yoshi (underrated character lol. IMO it's the third best in the game, only below DK and waluigi). Now i suck :laugh:
Played for the first time in ages offline with tomber (used to be arguably the best at all imo) recently and i got whooped :laugh:

Tero.

Smash Champion
US top players should attend the huge UK tournament in August.

Staco

Smash Champion
hahah maybe.

I doubt Mango would travel there though. Maybe you gotta ante up the army for Apex ;)
I dont think a lot of the europeans will go to apex.
I think the dutchies wont go, but Im not sure about it.

And Im really sure that Armada would have the upper hand against Mango in europe. :) He showed that he can beat Mango and he was close to completly defeat him at Genesis.
The only thing that really stopped him were 100+ americans rooting against him and just a few people rooting for him.

Dart

Smash Lord
I dont think a lot of the europeans will go to apex.
I think the dutchies wont go, but Im not sure about it.

And Im really sure that Armada would have the upper hand against Mango in europe. :) He showed that he can beat Mango and he was close to completly defeat him at Genesis.
The only thing that really stopped him were 100+ americans rooting against him and just a few people rooting for him.
These are just johns though. He got the upper hand from that rest. From there armada just lost all his morale.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Mango said he plays better when hes being rooted against. The feeling of trying to show everyone up motivates him to uber ****. Something like that.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
Mango said he plays better when hes being rooted against. The feeling of trying to show everyone up motivates him to uber ****. Something like that.
thats like...the reason i wanted to get good initially.
i was the newbie of the group, started when brawl came out. everyone talked s**t on me, and rooted against me, and when they did i would play better.
then i just wanted to get good so i could beat them in general...
but i didnt have a wii, so i bought melee.

AND FELL IN LOVEEEEEEEEEEE<3

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
*adds "always cheer on mango" to list of things to do for major tournaments*

Also... my peach is better then my marth again... I need help with this, I don't wanna be fat!

VietGeek

Smash Hero
hey guise i haven't improved in a course of a year my name is grape and i like anime and cats

obv :048::012:

Top Bottom