• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

About Marth's Dair... A Marth Social Thread!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Haha, I mean I'm not positive Joe.

I'm sooo broke right now so who knows.

Lemme see what I can do though :)
Alright. Lmk before you make any final plans, though. I just started a job and i only get fridays and every other weekend off. Hopefully if you come itll overlap with one of my off weekends.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
CS...

Aka, mathmatics (except you gotta learn like 14 different languages to do your math... you know, like normal math), and it's impossible to make the end results of your calculations have any precision... like normal math.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Well, to be fair CS majors typically only use Linear Algebra, because they can code using it... well I think anyway.

I don't really see a use to go very deep into match for CS anyway.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Well, to be fair CS majors typically only use Linear Algebra, because they can code using it... well I think anyway.

I don't really see a use to go very deep into match for CS anyway.
Honestly, 99.9% of programming is applied math, so while you might not realize it, you're really the concepts by applying them, especially discrete mathmatics.

Well, except for security, when you're dealing with encryption it's pretty much billed as straight math.

But that was more of a joke then anything else, seeing if I mess with any math people.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
My cousins are doing their masters and only did basic calculus I'm guessing and wants to do linear algebra.

They told me they rarely ever use math..... >_>

It probably differs from concentration to concentration though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I think you're missing my point tec, most people don't realize it (except if they specialize in security of some form), but whenever you're writing code, that's just setting up functions.

Comp sci is literally just applied math, but the language of comp sci is so far removed that most people don't realize it.

On a completely unrelated note, anything interesting going on this weekend melee-wise?

Top Bottom