• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Toronto, ON / NY Brawl+ Tournament

D

Deleted member

Disclaimer: This thread is simply to garner attention towards Brawl+. This means normal Brawl would not be present - as a side event or anything else. However, I would be totally cool with the Melee guys coming down and setting up some TVs for a tourney.

What: A Brawl+ Tourney in Toronto, Ontario, Canada

When: TBA, when and if enough people are interested

Why: Because Brawl+ is sick.

I want to host a tournament dedicated solely to this game and none of this Brawl+ side tournament crap. That means Brawl+; that means huge turn-outs...pools, brackets, a projector...If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, please post here and link to others. I know New York has a pretty solid B+ scene; perhaps we could get some Americans to show up and have a sick time.

In short, I don't want to put a deposit on a venue for a game that may not attract enough players.

Post!

Last edited by a moderator:

5ive

Smash Champion
ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME.
**** YES **** YES PEOPLE JOIN UP. DO IT DO IT DO IT.

and Minus...
*finds disjointed bair counter*

5ive

Smash Champion
btw, Cleveland wants to come to Canada to play some Brawl+ with us. Specifically crews. This is a perfect time to do that.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
I may be able to. I'll ask about it. I haven't played Plus in a while, but whatever.

Is it in New York, or Toronto? I can only come to the Toronto one.

EDIT: Post this where it will get some attention once you're ready. I never would have found it if it wasn't for a link in the Social Thread.

5ive

Smash Champion
I may be able to. I'll ask about it. I haven't played Plus in a while, but whatever.

Is it in New York, or Toronto? I can only come to the Toronto one.

EDIT: Post this where it will get some attention once you're ready. I never would have found it if it wasn't for a link in the Social Thread.
Wtf, Clone, you're in Canada?

HYPE HYPE HYPE
Regional Crews if NYC/Cleveland/Various EC comes.

5ive

Smash Champion
Delorted, Fizz has a venue he can rent out anytime (he knows the person). I'll see if he can get the venue booked.

We just held a Brawl/Brawl+ tournament there (Too Poor for Genesis) and the venue is really good. I would still look for a venue though, in case we can't book this one.

Let's see if we can get this done. Once again, CREWS PLZZ.

D

Deleted member

This would be held in August. We need people though...5ive, would you wanna co-host with me?

I have a venue I've used for Melee tournaments (yes, I'm an old hand at hosting smash bros. tournaments...) down my street. Because I'm a member of the parish (...but oh so laughably) I get a sizable discount.

5ive

Smash Champion
About the co hosting - maybe. Please put regional crews in the front page. It would really invite Americans to come. Plus, we have Holy ;)

By the way, Fizz's venue is free. The owner just wants a decent profit, so we won't have to worry about reaching a price to pay off the venue.

Then again, I'm not even sure we can use it. And your venue might be better. Just to make sure, we should both ask if the venue is booked any time in August.

idea

Smash Master
No venue fee? I think most people would prefer the free one =P unless it's tiny or far away from everything and with no food nearby. but you already said it was nice.

D

Deleted member

Because I live so close to my venue, I may end up choosing the church near my house - that way I can ensure some TVs. I can't be bringing my TVs down to Scarborough.

5ive

Smash Champion
No venue fee? I think most people would prefer the free one =P unless it's tiny or far away from everything and with no food nearby. but you already said it was nice.
It's not tiny, and there's plenty of food nearby. And the venue owner was kind enough to do a BBQ, and the food was AMAZING and CHEAP.

mmmm, hotdogs.

And Delorted, that's totally fine. We'll use your venue, no problem.

D

Deleted member

No no no not at all.. talk to Fizz and see if the venue is available. :)

5ive

Smash Champion
Alright, I will. Just do what you want; I don't want to feel like I'm intruding on your tournament. To be honest, any venue is fine with me, just as long as we get a main event Brawl+ tourney :D

D

Deleted member

Hells yeah. Now go on the IRC and help prove Kirby's brokenness.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
LOL Jake is this venue the same as the one I went to as my first tourney?

GuruKid

Smash Ace
I highly doubt NYC would get to this since the money we've been saving up is going toward SNES GameUnicon, but I would love to see a major B+ tournament happen there. More tournaments = more exposure... go for it, guys!

Tin Man

Smash Hero
HEY make this happen on saturday, august 1, nothing is hapening on that day according to the canada event calandar.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215769

If it happens on this day, I will definately come, bringing wii, gamecube, melee, and brawl plus (whatever version we decide to use, i recommend 4.1)

My brawl+ has a ****load of character and stage textures, should i take out the stage textures? Character textures should be fine but stage textures will be distracting. Also is alternate stage music ok? I don't think it would be a problem.

D

Deleted member

It won't be a problem, no. However, I will be taking every SD card and injecting them with the latest nightly - to ensure people don't use a) different nightlies, or b) unofficial builds to cheat.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
It won't be a problem, no. However, I will be taking every SD card and injecting them with the latest nightly - to ensure people don't use a) different nightlies, or b) unofficial builds to cheat.
is it 4.2 dog? and did u say that stage AND character textures are ok? Linx me the GCT file homie, thats all I need;)

D

Deleted member

I'm assuming there will be another update before the tournament...don't worry about it for now. I'll have the update on my laptop at the tournament and I will verify that the latest GCT is in use.

idea

Smash Master
It's not tiny, and there's plenty of food nearby. And the venue owner was kind enough to do a BBQ, and the food was AMAZING and CHEAP.

mmmm, hotdogs.

And Delorted, that's totally fine. We'll use your venue, no problem.
holy crap, the one with barbecue! (why is that word censored, by the way? strong bad says it all the time...)

edit: holy crap, i can say crap. i assumed i couldn't.

they both sound so good X_X

when you start counting for setups i can bring a gc and/or a wii, and my wii has homebrew so it could be used for brawl+.

you only has to load off the SD card once, right? meaning you could use the same one for all the wiis and make things easier?

Top Bottom