• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Toronto, ON / NY Brawl+ Tournament

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
i say we go wit the BBQ one if the BBQ is free food :D, if not bigger space means more players

edit: the BBQ venue is in scarborough?

idea

Smash Master
would there be a melee side tourney? or just brawl+?

after rereading the first post...sounds like it's up to melee people to bring enough setups for a side tourney, if we want to. i'm fine either way. usually i enjoy friendlies in melee more anyway.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
would there be a melee side tourney? or just brawl+?

after rereading the first post...sounds like it's up to melee people to bring enough setups for a side tourney, if we want to. i'm fine either way. usually i enjoy friendlies in melee more anyway.
That is correct, this is primarily Brawl+ (like the topics name lol ;) ). For melee to happen we need setups, but if ur bring lets say a wii, it would rather be used for Brawl+ then for melee, thats all.

I'd be good for this... just ban Kirby <.<
Why so that minus can't use him?

idea

Smash Master
is kirby really that good in brawl+? i still say falco is ridiculous.

i'll probably try snake at some point too. snake with combos =S it's kind of horrifying.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
wow you're all going ot get destroyed by my Link.

And Falcon obviously

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
is kirby really that good in brawl+?
Yeah, the only real strategy against him is to just have amazing zoning and stay outside of his zones, but even then he is good enough to work around people working around him. Kinda like Fox in melee, except he was good at long range but was easily combo'ed and edgegaurded.

Its almost impossible to edgegaurd kirby, and his small size and relative floatiness makes him not the easiest to combo. Meanwhile, if you are within kirby's inner zones he will combo the hell out of you, (I've done upwards of 65% from zero...) and bair is an excellent all purpose spacing tool.

Did I mention his edgegaurding is superb? Between bair and dair you don't need anything else. Hell, if you get the opponent off the ledge at lower percents and they use survival di bair even combos into dair!

KingAce

Smash Ace
LOLL kirby is BROKEN... i rememebr playing kirby after at ambroses with holy and brose
beat every single one of their characters except holys rob

bairs too broken

Roxas215

Smash Lord
It won't be a problem, no. However, I will be taking every SD card and injecting them with the latest nightly - to ensure people don't use a) different nightlies, or b) unofficial builds to cheat.
Don't use nightlies for a major tournament. Thats where btl messed up. Unless a new official set comes out before this tournament you should stick to 4.1b. It wouldn't make sense if people won/lost/complained over stuff that may or may not end up in the final version.

I doubt many ec people can attend this as many people is saving up for snes. However i would love if yall could pull of a sizeable turnout. Im all for b+ getting more exposure! 2 things though

Yall better have a live stream!
Peach better place top 5!

I know chibo wants to host btl 2 this fall. Maybe this is where we can get some regional crews in!

And about kirby. He is indeed broken. You have to zone and space the hell out of him cause once het gets you it's anywhere from 40-65 in one combo. Also being that he is small and light you cant combo him as well as u can other chars. And his bair is sick. Def top 5 (along with squirtle marth fox and falco/mk)

CloneHat

Smash Champion
August is good! I'm not available until the 6th, but otherwise it's OK. I won't be able to stay if it's overnight or something ridiculous, but w/e.

5ive

Smash Champion
omfg, all my Workshop buds are in here. : ) You all better come to this <_<. And don't worry, Phillyrider, we have Painted Ghost, Delorted, and Niko to rep Peach.

D

Deleted member

minus il beat your kirby with my ness this time, il actually have some experience this time.
Lmao I play Ness against his Kirby all the timeeeeeeeeeeeee

Trust me it's not doable.

Melee guys: if this tournament happens, I won't be bringing a single Melee setup nor will it be my responsibility. That means you will have to fend for yourselves. But I'm sure you're used to this :)

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Isn't Meta Knight the best character in Brawl+?

I'm still pushing for Saturday, august 1st
far from it. MK is still good but he quite possibly might not even be top 5.

marth,squirtle,fox are def top 3 no questions

and you could argue falco,kirby, being better then mk

imo anyway.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
I really want to come to this to play Brawl+, I would still like Brawl to be present... maybe as a side tourney lol? But yeah sound really fun, just need to find a way to get there.

Edit:
I know a few montrealers that would probably try coming to this, Im gonna talk to them about it. We have at least 10 ppl who enjoy Brawl+.

idea

Smash Master
it seems like a good compromise game. brawl players get a mostly familiar game, and probably a lot of the same community. melee players get combos n' ****.

D

Deleted member

Well, Brawl wouldn't be present. That'd be really silly imo :/ And would defeat the point.

moses456

Smash Rookie
well im in since i live in toronto all i need to know is the location of the place and street

idea

Smash Master
you're probably supposed to camp kirby.

or maybe outspace him. marth? dedede? dedede would get combo'd to hell though...

CloneHat

Smash Champion
That's a good question. How DO you beat Kirby?
Gimp him? No, multiple jumps. Camp him? He's tiny. Combo? Too light! Outrange? Outprioritize? Doesn't work!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Roxas215

Smash Lord
That's a good question. How DO you beat Kirby?
Gimp him? No, multiple jumps. Camp him? He's tiny. Combo? Too light! Outrange? Outprioritize? Doesn't work!

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Use charizard

But this is what u dont do against kirby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7I2X_RHwO8

Did a little better but match could of went either way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLrtr7hmeO4

NOW THIS IS HOW U BEAT KIRBY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyuchZBZqQ

You dont camp kirby but u do have to outspace him and stay out of his zones. Zard does this well but one mess up can lead to kirby having a field day on his big ***(Watch 1st vid lol)

Top Bottom