• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Toronto, ON / NY Brawl+ Tournament

Sanu

Smash Champion
Use charizard

But this is what u dont do against kirby
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7I2X_RHwO8

Did a little better but match could of went either way
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLrtr7hmeO4

NOW THIS IS HOW U BEAT KIRBY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiyuchZBZqQ

You dont camp kirby but u do have to outspace him and stay out of his zones. Zard does this well but one mess up can lead to kirby having a field day on his big ***(Watch 1st vid lol)
Good matches... but sorry to break it to you, Runawayfire's Kirby is around 10x better than that dude's. I'll beat you with Marth next time we play Nate!!

CloneHat

Smash Champion
That would take a long time. One way I guess would be to compare each character to every character and rate matchups with a 3 (good), 1 (bad), or 2 (even).

Do this with every character, then make a list of the characters starting with the one with the most points. I guess it's kinda like a tier list based on matchups, but it would be cool.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
There are already plenty of vBrawl tournaments. This one was originally intended to promote Brawl+, so DeLoRtEd1 doesn't want Normal Brawl.

So DeLoRtEd1, do you think we have enough people to go through?

List (Tentative): Idea, Runawayfire, E for Eugene, 5ive, PaintedGhost, pastaboy, Jon64, SRTM (maybe), Lawlb0t (I think), GoG (interested), Stos, AvariceX (maybe), Afro_Chris (I think), Gichan, Jack (maybe), Tin Man, xLeafybug=D (probably not), Sanuzi, unknown522 (if there's Melee), Anth0ny (maybe), HolyNightmare (might bring 10 people), moses456, J.L (maybe), Cyan_ (maybe), and CloneHat (depending on the date, must be August 6 or past.)

23 so far.

=D

D

Deleted member

I was out of town for 4 days and just checked this thread now. Tin Man, the tournament will most likely not be on August 1st. I work that day.

I'm still looking around for a venue. =D

PS, 23 people is not nearly enough.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Well I hope this tournament happens on the 29th of august because the sauga outbreak is on the 8th, havoc in the hammer is on the 15th (you guys should come to this), S.N.E.S. is on the 21-23 (a lot of Canadians are going to this) and so that leaves the 2nd last weekend of summer before school starts.

Advantages are:

1. Gives you more time to find a proper venue.

2. Allows for more people to know and sign up for this.

3. More time to practise :D

idea

Smash Master
We should make cards.

with a bunch of professional-looking information and "The Business".

and hand them out to people we beat.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
No offence DeLoRtEd1, but you can't expect hundreds when it's basically just the Brawl+ players in the Toronto area and a few people from the afar. Brawl+ is still fairly small.

D

Deleted member

Yeah. But I know from experience that I should basically halve the attendance list, due to drop-outs and what not.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
There are already plenty of vBrawl tournaments. This one was originally intended to promote Brawl+, so DeLoRtEd1 doesn't want Normal Brawl.

So DeLoRtEd1, do you think we have enough people to go through?

List (Tentative): Idea, Runawayfire, E for Eugene, 5ive, PaintedGhost, pastaboy, Jon64, SRTM (maybe), Lawlb0t (I think), GoG (interested), Stos, AvariceX (maybe), Afro_Chris (I think), Gichan, Jack (maybe), Tin Man, xLeafybug=D (probably not), Sanuzi, unknown522 (if there's Melee), Anth0ny (maybe), HolyNightmare (might bring 10 people), moses456, J.L (maybe), Cyan_ (maybe), and CloneHat (depending on the date, must be August 6 or past.)

23 so far.

=D
i'll go if theres a melee tourny on the side, if there is i'd prob join both

and a matchup chart. but i don't even think normal brawl has one of those yet.
why make one doesnt brawl + get upgraded every month or something?

5ive

Smash Champion
why make one doesnt brawl + get upgraded every month or something?
No. They release builds to "test" minor changes. Right now Brawl+ is pretty balanced, so we're mainly working on making characters deeper by increasing options.

The changes don't really effect matchups because the major changes are over.

shanus

Smash Hero
since changes are pretty much near finalized, future tournaments will dictate a tier list.

Previous tourney results were used for balancing and are not reflective of current tier standings.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
since changes are pretty much near finalized, future tournaments will dictate a tier list.

Previous tourney results were used for balancing and are not reflective of current tier standings.
tournaments placing shouldn't make up a teir list, because the player might just be very good and the character might be ****, example theres a match were ICs beat shiek in a tourny match does that mean IC is better than shiek?

Sanu

Smash Champion
No. They release builds to "test" minor changes. Right now Brawl+ is pretty balanced, so we're mainly working on making characters deeper by increasing options.

The changes don't really effect matchups because the major changes are over.
We're? lol

GG near finalized with Kirby super broken.

5ive

Smash Champion
LOL you still think you're important.
lol wut. Am I coming off as arrogant or something? :/. I don't know why you would even think that; I'm pretty soft spoken irl, and pretty respectful on smashboards. :/ :confused:. If I had a cocky undertown when I said "we're", I wasn't. Even though I do help a lot with the Brawl+ boards. I mean, i do spend most of my time there.

lol at random attack.

/igotroasted

Top Bottom