• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Toronto, ON / NY Brawl+ Tournament

Threerick

Smash Cadet
Hello, I'm fairly new to Smashboards but I enjoy playing Smash whether it's 64, melee or brawl. I live in Scarborough and depending on where this tournament is held and when, i'd be glad to stop by. One thing that I want to ask is... What is Brawl+ ?

Threerick

Smash Cadet
This is very cool. First time i've heard something like or even read about it. I'm very interested in getting this a try. Thanks for the link. :) I can't wait to hear about this tournament's location and date/time.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
Welcome to Brawl+, Threerick! You'll find it's balanced, fast-paced, and fun.

On another note:

I have to leave in 3 days, and won't have access to a computer for a week, so if that conflicts with the schedule you have planned so far, please let me know ASAP.

I don't want to miss this. :(

Threerick

Smash Cadet
Good, I find brawl sorta slow after playing Melee... But unfortunately I have no one to play Smash with... I am only playing against CPU Lvl 9s :(. Hopefully with this I can attract my younger brother to pick up the control again and play with me.

shanus

Smash Hero
tournaments placing shouldn't make up a teir list, because the player might just be very good and the character might be ****, example theres a match were ICs beat shiek in a tourny match does that mean IC is better than shiek?
well you use it as data, not to build the actual tier list.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
List (Tentative):
Idea
Runawayfire
E for Eugene
5ive
PaintedGhost
pastaboy
Jon64
SRTM (maybe)
Lawlb0t (I think)
GoG (interested)
Stos
AvariceX (maybe)
Afro_Chris (if there's Melee)
Gichan
Jack (maybe)
Tin Man
xLeafybug=D (maybe)
Sanuzi
unknown522 (if there's Melee)
Anth0ny (maybe)
HolyNightmare (might bring 10 people)
moses456
J.L (maybe)
Cyan_ (maybe)
CloneHat (depending on the date, must be August 6 or past.)
Engo (maybe)
Threerick
Ilaid

28 so far, not counting HN's 10 people.

Updated!

Leaving on Wednesday...

D

Deleted member

To those who will come based on Melee's presence:

That is up to you. I will gladly allow it (and hand you your *** :D) but my focus is Brawl+. I wouldn't be providing set ups.

D

Deleted member

what about standard brawl? Ppl can prob bring set ups as well, so is that cool Delorted?
I'd allow a set up or two, but there won't be any vBrawl tournament events. If you're only a Brawl player, I encourage you to come to this to try Brawl+. However, if you've tried it and don't like it, stay home, because vBrawl is gonna be largely ignored.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I play Brawl+, just wanted to know if brawl and melee would get equal recognition. Basically, are they both gonna be largely ignored, or just brawl will be largely ignored?

D

Deleted member

Seeing as how I live in Toronto, it'll be hosted in Toronto. I have not set a date yet as I do not have enough attendees.

PND

Smash Champion
I'd probably attend, as long as it's before I move back to Ottawa. (I'd probably go afterward, as well, but couldn't guarantee it.)

Threerick

Smash Cadet
Hi 5ive, I watched the video. How come there are so many different costumes or colours for characters. I don't think i have that many on my brawl+. We'll I haven't really tried or checked to change colors yet. But I think the Marth costume that makes him look like Roy is pretty cool... unless that's actually Roy? haha

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
You kinda need an attendee list and just dont rent an expensive venue, maybe you could use Gichan venue? :O
Anyway Zaf is interested into coming to this so I guess he would bring like 4-5 Montrealers?

Top Bottom