• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually willing to support that there's multiple goats (lol).

Here is that post he made earlier about the rukus. Actually, place your attention more to the comments.

I happen to be Green_Kirby. I wish I was the only one, but I'm not. There could be hundreds of "Green Kirby"s out there.

Now, there's even a Green Kirby here at SWF.. Sorry to say, I don't like this guy all that much. He seems to be always on edge. Now, I do have my own temper, but I'd hate to be mistook for this feller.
And what's worse is that most of my friends know me as "GK" which is a shortened Green Kirby.
There's a Green Kirby (or used to be) at Rainbow Resort (I haven't been there in years, literally) and there's also a Golden Kirby, who would be called "GK".

That's not all. I signed up here at SWF after NSider went down. I wanted to be a little different. Tails was already taken, so I settled for MilesPrower, which is good. :p

But... I'm not even sure if it was even a MONTH after I signed up, I saw a thread in New People board of yet another person with that name, albeit a little different. "Miles_Tails_Prower".
I was, quite frankly, "Hi me. O____o;;;;;;"

And just recently, my friend, nickjuly004 as he is here, found a video on YouTube, something called "Nick and Kevin Show" or something like that....

That's both his and his brother's name. Although it's not tags, handles, or screen names, that just happened to be a wild coincidence.

So who knows.........

Awww, thanks for the nice story.[/sarcasm]

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
Back to subject to this guy, he is the most believable of "prophets," because he isn't one. Prophets are speculators who make good guesses. This guy is a guy who has decent information from a "credible" source. He's not a prophet. He knows what is in Brawl.

And unlike others, he hasn't spoiled anything. He is a fan like us and respects some of our wishes to not know some of the best spoilers. Not giving us characters is something that makes this guy really someone I believe in. If he gave us characters, it shows much of his personality as a pompous blowheart. But by restraining, he shows he has integrity and willpower.

Also, by making an update everyday, he is saying he is somebody, and isn't running away from being criticized and spammed and flagged. He has stature and charisma in my opinion.

Also, not bad information the dude's given away really.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
If you're talking about it being a coincidence or not, you should mainly focus on how unique the name is. For example, I registered my name of Couch Tomato on a majority of places, but some *******s took it on Yahoo! and such. Or if you have a name like xxAznGurlxx... there will be thousands of ****ed wannabes in this country. thealmightygoat is pretty random, but I'm not gonna disregard the fact that it could be a coincidence... but it's a small chance. Goats are lame imo anyways. ;|

In his defense though, he is so far probably the most believable. I'm not saying I believe him, but it's just something to consider.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
i disregarded his words til today....

he just might make a believer outta me. his stuff is real plausible and not to sound gullible, but hes hands down the best pseudo prophet thus far

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
The guy is human. He tells people what people have been doing to him. And he stays consistent to his words of coming back everyday. He runs it every day unlike most one timers. Also, he backs his rumors up with some kind of explanation. Worth more than most rumors on the net. If we were given a believable one in a million in the internet sea of people with too much free time, this guy gets my vote.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
If his name is a cheat code, it is entirely possible for 2 people to have the same username on 2 gaming sites.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Whether or not it's true, it's still interesting to read. Think of it as a DOJO supplement, but possibly fantasized. :chuckle:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
It's hard however to take a 15 year old seriously.
Biased towards the young? Why should age have anything to do with this?

It's like Saying Wario would be a better Mario villain than Bowser. Yeah, i'm sorry to confirm what that Ridley supporter said, you're wrong. And Ridley will never be ATified, Boss maybe. But AT? ha.
That's mature. What a fine debater you've grown to be. I was only giving an example to illustrate the point I was making.

Now, can we please get back to discussing the leakage?

Mama

Smash Ace
Anyone can do what this guy is doing. And thats using a bit of speculation and common sense and claiming them to be truth. If every single thing he posted gets confirmed then fine but I don't buy any of that "prophet" crap or "I work for the company so I got inside info" stuff. Theres really no point especially now. Its all silly little tidbits. The game is almost out in Japan and if you really want to know what assist trophy is what or the starting roster or who gets cut just look to the net in 14 days.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Anyone can do what this guy is doing. And thats using a bit of speculation and common sense and claiming them to be truth. If every single thing he posted gets confirmed then fine but I don't buy any of that "prophet" crap or "I work for the company so I got inside info" stuff. Theres really no point especially now. Its all silly little tidbits. The game is almost out in Japan and if you really want to know what assist trophy is what or the starting roster or who gets cut just look to the net in 14 days.

Exactly. I can't believe some people actually believe this guy. He said they might reveal a third party character soon and he's been given the green light to leak it later on... wtf? It's more than likely we're getting one soon anyway. If he has this info, why didn't he mention anyhting about Olimar? Also, why leak a third party if he said he wouldn't be confirming anyone? This guy is one of the less believable insiders I've seen for Brawl.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
Seriously guys... this is the millionth dude to do this. This is nothing new, and he isn't providing any real reason to believe the stuff he is saying. It may sound legit, but that doesn't make it such. I fear for how things will turn out for you guys in the future, seeing as how there are so many scams out there.
Believing everything is dumb, but believing nothing is also dumb.

You're just trying to seem intelligent by not giving in, but you just show how hypocrit you really are. I guess you also don't believe in aliens, just because you have no proof? Even though the universe is so incredibly big that it's practically impossible for us to be alone.

You're so afraid of believing something and being let down, that you choose not to believe anything?

Or in one word: Ignorance.

I don't care if you're a moderator. You're acting like a jerk... or better yet, a dumb jerk.

I can pretty much guess what you would've said about Melee's roster leak, but what does it matter, you don't believe anything, right?

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
I believe him lol, at least he isnt spoiling the characters for me, I realy need to get of the internets starting the 20th i guess

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Believing everything is dumb, but believing nothing is also dumb.

You're just trying to seem intelligent by not giving in, but you just show how hypocrit you really are. I guess you also don't believe in aliens, just because you have no proof? Even though the universe is so incredibly big that it's practically impossible for us to be alone.

You're so afraid of believing something and being let down, that you choose not to believe anything?

Or in one word: Ignorance.

I don't care if you're a moderator. You're acting like a jerk... or better yet, a dumb jerk.

I can pretty much guess what you would've said about Melee's roster leak, but what does it matter, you don't believe anything, right?
Your argument here is utterly nonsensical. There is nothing ignorant or foolish about not believing in anything. The ONLY reason you should believe in something is if there is evidence to support it. Why believe in aliens? What undeniable proof is there of their existence? What's the point in believing in them if you have no way to prove it to yourself or anyone?
You seem so willing to believe in anything that SEEMS true or SOUNDS legit, but guess what, the world is full of clever liars. This "prophet" still hasn't given us one good reason to believe in him. What proof does anyone have that this guy is the real thing? Everyone's like "WELL IF HE'S REAL, LIKE THE MELEE PROFIT, THEN I WANT TO BELIEVE IN HIM". You can never know if he's telling the truth (and by the looks of it, the d*** 15 year old is lying, since Olimar was confirmed and he said we'd get a third-party this week).
It is naive and downright foolish to believe in something without proof. Even if the person is telling the truth, if you don't know that he's legit, you can't just take his word for it. It's just that simple.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
How defensive he became about the IGN thing makes him seem less real to me. If he really had Brawl info why would he waste a huge paragraph when he could just say. Thats not me, wait for Brawl to come out and you'll see. Instead he gets very defensive, even mad at the kid (who even if they aren't the same probably had that name before he came around).

Honestly it's not going to hurt to just not believe anything that isn't official, unless your going around flaming these people that is.

People always refer back to how some Melee info was leaked and why that should be evidence. Well Times change, a lot of Halo 2's plot was released yet people knew next to nothing for Halo 3. If Nintendo wanted to keep a closed lid on this they simply would.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Wow today's update is the worst of them all. If anyone sitll believed this guy, I doubt they do now.

He goes on a rant for most of his update crying a criver and becoming super defensive because people are claiming he's some 15 year old kid from the UK.

And do we really think they would waste all the time and effort of making another PT with 3 completely different pokemon models and moves just for being a boss in SE?

He said we would be getting a third party by next week and now that we got Olimar he changes his words to "Expect two new characters and a third party soon."

"I just wanted to reveal the entire roster in all my rage." HAHAHA that was golden.

Come on, this guy's terrible.

lavamage

Smash Ace
Wisconsin...yay that place no one has ever heard o
Your argument here is utterly nonsensical. There is nothing ignorant or foolish about not believing in anything. The ONLY reason you should believe in something is if there is evidence to support it. Why believe in aliens? What undeniable proof is there of their existence? What's the point in believing in them if you have no way to prove it to yourself or anyone?
You seem so willing to believe in anything that SEEMS true or SOUNDS legit, but guess what, the world is full of clever liars. This "prophet" still hasn't given us one good reason to believe in him. What proof does anyone have that this guy is the real thing? Everyone's like "WELL IF HE'S REAL, LIKE THE MELEE PROFIT, THEN I WANT TO BELIEVE IN HIM". You can never know if he's telling the truth (and by the looks of it, the d*** 15 year old is lying, since Olimar was confirmed and he said we'd get a third-party this week).
It is naive and downright foolish to believe in something without proof. Even if the person is telling the truth, if you don't know that he's legit, you can't just take his word for it. It's just that simple.

I have to say that I feel sorry for you. If you think that the only reason to believe in somthing is because your positive that its true, that is just sad. What reason did you have to believe that santa was real? What about when somone at school was trying to tell you hes fake? Believe how you want to believe, and even though I personally am not giving anyone very much credit as far as Brawl info goes, I am reading his blog with an open mind, and making my judgement on if I believe that it is true.

expect two more new characters before Dojo, and one of them is 3rd Party
He just says before the Dojo, it could mean before the Dojo ends, but it seems your taking it before the end of this week.

Have a nice day!

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
There's a difference between believeing in something without proof and believing in something that is simpy laughable at how fake it is. This is without a doubt the WORST fake insider. EVER. I feel sorry for anyone naive enough to not doubt him.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I just wanted to reveal the entire roster in all my rage.
Pfft, that was his downfall. If Brawl comes out and he was telling the truth, I'll take it back, but for now I don't believe him anymore. Like he was going to reveal the whole roster if Olimar hadn't came along.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I have to say that I feel sorry for you. If you think that the only reason to believe in somthing is because your positive that its true, that is just sad. What reason did you have to believe that santa was real? What about when somone at school was trying to tell you hes fake? Believe how you want to believe, and even though I personally am not giving anyone very much credit as far as Brawl info goes, I am reading his blog with an open mind, and making my judgement on if I believe that it is true.
How gullible can you be?! How can you believe something without proof? I never believed in Santa because there was no way he could be real. How could you be SO naive as to believe something without a reasonable explanation? I could easily post some crap like this and claim to be a prophet, and you'd probably believe me, because "it's foolish to not believe in anything". You seem like the kind of person who falls for those stupid internet scams by people in Nigeria. Enjoy being lied to and fooled all throughout life, my subjective friend.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
-AT's play an important role in SSE.
I knew it. :D Why waste good character graphics?

I beleive him (I'm a sap aren't I? XD) First of all one of his items was a Pikmin item and now C.Olimar is confirmed. :o Meaning Pikmin is in the game.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
You seem so willing to believe in anything that SEEMS true or SOUNDS legit, but guess what, the world is full of clever liars.
That's the new fad originating either from america or from the internet. People these days are afraid to believe anything. Logic is thrown out the window unless it's backed up with proof.

But trust me, there are things out there that are true but can't be proven (yet). Best example in this case is how Melee's entire roster was releaved prior to launch, and nobody believed it.

I'm not saying you should believe this guy, I'm just saying that believing nothing is just as bad as believing everything.

Revven

FrankerZ
There's a difference between believeing in something without proof and believing in something that is simpy laughable at how fake it is. This is without a doubt the WORST fake insider. EVER. I feel sorry for anyone naive enough to not doubt him.
Well, good, continue to feel sorry for those. It won't change anything any way you spin it. Just because people continue to read his blog, doesn't mean that they believe it, it means that they're interested in it and it brings them entertainment. If you can't deal with that and want to force the idea onto them that it's likely fake (which they probably already know BTW!) then it's not really being the nicest person on the planet. Not to mention, it's more or less digging into people's skin, which isn't the best either.

I don't believe him, yet I still choose to read what he has to say. Who cares if he's a "fake"? In the end, it's all the same. We'll get Brawl information one way or the other, does it matter so much to you if others believe it and you don't? I know the feeling of wanting people not to believe something when it isn't true, but when it's things like this, it's always debatable.

Shouting "FAKE FAKE FAKE!" has never changed any one person's opinion, it just inclines them more to lean to that side and yet, still read what the person has to say. Shouting "FAKE FAKE FKAAAAAAAAKE!" every post is about the same as saying it in one post.

Zinfandel

Smash Journeyman
Since I don't react much to what the guy says apart from "huh, that would be cool", I feel safe in checking in everyday. It's not like the guy has tricked me into joining a mailing list or has me advertising him all over the place as if he is the new gospel.

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
"I wanted to reveal all of the roster in my rage"

Why do people start to question him after saying this?

I would probably say the same thing if I were in that situation.
You're giving out small bits of information, but you've agreed with your sources (probably in the development team) that you wouldn't confirm characters, because they're the biggest surprise in these games.

Now, after a weird coincidence, people suddenly start to doubt you, and because of that frustration you'd want to reveal the entire roster just to shut everyone up and show that you are for real.

Does that really sound too farfetched? It doesn't to me, at least.

But hey, we all have different opinions on the matter, and that's fine.
I just think it's a little too fast to label him fake, as if it's a proven fact.

M.K

Level 55
I 'm at school, so nothing gets through the filter (except for Smash Boards!).

What's he posting today?

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
He posted Rival Trainer as a Subspace Emissary Boss. The stuff he has said is quite believable. It all sounds very possible which is why I keep an eye on his blog.

Even though I think he has revealed too many ATs.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Well ATs have been revealed quite a lot, mostly because of the various events that demos are playable at. I wouldn't discredit him for the ATs.

And about that quote, I just have HUGE doubt that he was really going to release the whole roster if it weren't for Olimar today. How conveniant for him. He probably thought it was a great way to make us "forgive" him or admit that he's the real deal.

Personally I think he's slowly undoing himself.

SteveTV

Smash Apprentice
Personally I think he's slowly undoing himself.
Yes, but slowly is the key word here. Every other leak you can call out almost immediately. This person is the best I've seen.

And this,

Since I don't react much to what the guy says apart from "huh, that would be cool", I feel safe in checking in everyday. It's not like the guy has tricked me into joining a mailing list or has me advertising him all over the place as if he is the new gospel.
is exactly how I feel.

Stado

Smash Apprentice
Sthealmightygoat said:
1. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: PAK E. DERM

Origin: Yoshi's Story (1996)

Hey, wasn't he a Melee trophy? That he was! And he makes his triumphant return! Basically I've heard he's one of the single most annoying AT's in the game other than Devil. He stands on the battlefield for a good long time, blocking off any contact with any enemies on the other side. Don't try to jump over him, it won't work out so well. His sign has gotten the ability to extend its reach. He really closes off the battlefield well.
This alone really makes me want to believe him. 'Cause yeah, this is freaking awesome. Unfortunately, I'm a fairly skeptical person, so I have very little belief in what the guy's been saying.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
How gullible can you be?! How can you believe something without proof? I never believed in Santa because there was no way he could be real. How could you be SO naive as to believe something without a reasonable explanation? I could easily post some crap like this and claim to be a prophet, and you'd probably believe me, because "it's foolish to not believe in anything". You seem like the kind of person who falls for those stupid internet scams by people in Nigeria. Enjoy being lied to and fooled all throughout life, my subjective friend.
Seriously, your logic makes absolutely no sense...people believe in stuff because it makes them feel good...people believe in God because it makes them feel good, and why shouldn't they?
Where your logic really fails, is this one:

You say that you can't believe in anything unless there is actual proof of it existing....BUT THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF BELIEVING!! If this world had all the facts about every possible thing, there wouldn't be anything to believe, because all is known......please think...
Here is the definition of ''Believing'':

''To have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so''

If you're sitting in class, and a teacher tells you something that isn't written in the book for that subject, wouldn't you believe it either?
Are you asking all of your teachers for their official papers, because you want proof that they are teachers?
Maybe the school isn't real, and you want the whole blueprint of the school?
Wait........is the blueprint real?

People who believe something are not stupid, people with closed minds and incorrect logic are stupid....

I think this guys information is pretty good, and I really think he has some sources or some connection....
And judging him by his way of ''speaking'' isn't really a clever thing to do, because you can not see sarcasm/truth/lies/hate or anything in his piece of text, you will need speech, volume and body language to notice if something is real or not, and even THAT won't always be precise...

''Well. where are those sources?'' you ask...''He is not real...No proof he's real...''

Well there is no proof he's fake either, so stop talking about real/unreal, because it is a closed case...I choose to THINK this guy is right, and no one can prove/disprove his credibility until Brawl comes out in Japan...

I.T.P

Smash Ace
"I wanted to reveal all of the roster in my rage"

Why do people start to question him after saying this?

I would probably say the same thing if I were in that situation.
You're giving out small bits of information, but you've agreed with your sources (probably in the development team) that you wouldn't confirm characters, because they're the biggest surprise in these games.

Now, after a weird coincidence, people suddenly start to doubt you, and because of that frustration you'd want to reveal the entire roster just to shut everyone up and show that you are for real.

Does that really sound too farfetched? It doesn't to me, at least.

But hey, we all have different opinions on the matter, and that's fine.
I just think it's a little too fast to label him fake, as if it's a proven fact.

the reason is that he's acting like a child, and also that he said he gets his info periodically and he doesn't know everything, implying that he doesn't know the full roster as well, so saying something as stupid as "in my rage I was going to reveal the roster" really shows him to be either a liar, an idiot, or a fake. I'm inclined to continue reading him, cause he's interesting, but I'll believe him much less for that/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom