• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edracon

Smash Cadet
i think is guy is EXTREAMLY believable! He's probably telling the truth.

kamekasu

Smash Ace
If he did in fact have some secret source, and is receiving info on Brawl, don't you think the wise thing to do would be to give as much information as possible at one time, and provide some sort of evidence? The Melee leaker gave everything he knew, he didn't try to put himself in a power position by slowly releasing updates as though he was Sakurai. I agree with Mookie-Rah, it's highly doubtful he is legitimate and it's foolish to get your hopes up this much.

JoseOle92

Smash Apprentice
I've been following this for the past few days out of curiosity, and the Snake "update" is from yesterday, so he hasn't posted anything today. If he starts skipping days, it's definitely a good sign to start calling shenanigans.
nope, he updated it

Igneous42

Smash Ace
I'd say he sounds more believable, but I think he's just an older smarter prankster. Until some of his specifics are revealed (Nights, charizard Up B) I would pass it off as just another fake.

Hejiru

Smash Ace
Back in Bible days, if a prophet claimed he was telling the truth, but turned out to be wrong, he was executed by stoning to death.

For the sake of Brawl and the many BSers like this guy out there, I say we bring this practice back.
quote for truth!

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Interesting I must say, nothing what he says seems to ring false in my mind. I won't take this a truth just yet, however, these are interesting things to consider if they are true. I would be very interesting if he did in fact have a source on the inside, but I feel its unlikely as he would probably be asked to stop, but I could be wrong.

All in all, this seems to be a person to be able to find likely rumors at the very least. Remember to take this information with a grain of salt, but don't simply toss it aside ether, there seems to be something more there, in my opinion, to look into.

supa*

Smash Cadet
His/Her (calling it a he from now on) credibility seems to be in order, as most of the updates he offers us are very logical. There's just one blemish, not enough to distinguish whether he's a fake or not - but I believe Yoshi Story was released in 1998, not 1996. Then again, I could be wrong. I don't feel like looking it up...

I have to say, I'm jumping for joy on what he said about Snake's role in SSE. And have a pretty good guess of who his partner will be (that is to say, if character partnerships will be seperated at a certain point).

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Personally I can't believe how many people in this thread are saying that they fully believe in this "prophet".
How has he proven that anything he says has any credibility? He just SOUNDS like he knows what he's talking about. How can anyone just believe him like that because he SOUNDS like he's telling the truth? Anyone could pull something like this.
Why would a leaker post in daily updates? Why not post all at once? Looks like he's just garnering people's attention.
Why leak SOME in-depth, unrevealed aspects of the game, and not others? So as not to get in trouble? It's illegal to leak ANYTHING about the game. Looks like he's just doing that as not to be disproved or ridiculed and ignored.
How could he be posting info like this for a while now that's supposedly in the game without Nintendo finding out? Do you really think Nintendo is that oblivious? If this were a real leaker, Nintendo would be pursuing legal action against him.
Lastly, what's the point in getting your hopes up about something like this, just to have it shot down when Brawl drops?
This guy is worth a few laughs, and it would be interesting if his "prophecy" came true, but unlike the "Dragoon prophet", this guy hasn't given us a single logical reason to take him any more seriously than all the other ones. Let's be a little less gullible, people.

MirageofMadness

Smash Journeyman
I agree with MIRAI87, pretty much fully.

I don't know if this guy is for real, but I do know this: the updates on the Dojo have sucked continuously for a substantial time, even after the hiatus. This "allmightygoat" fellow is giving me a well-needed distraction. He seems believable to me, but I'm not a freaking idiot, and I'd imagine that most people are smart enough to be able to take everything he says with a grain of salt.

Even when reading with great suspicion, though, I'm surprised to see that people claim that the predictions are vague. If you actually READ them, they are pretty specific, especially regarding how ATs work. Some are vague, yes, but so are so many of the Dojo updates (if i see one more argument about the meaning of "until now," I'mma choke a b*tch).

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
itching to learn some info about brawl?!?

wait about another 16 days.

seriously, who cares? the japan release is so close, this will mean nothing in just over 2 weeks. just have patience, folks.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Anyone, other than the dojo site, who reveals a little information at a time every day or so is an attention *****. If someone had real information that they wanted to reveal, they'd reveal it all at once.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
I think ness fans should be really happy. After I read the whole thing, I have a feeling Ness would return, with a new moveset & and hidden char as well. But he does sound believeable.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
OrlanduEX has been the most logical person on this thread. Nintendo is not that ******** -.-
Mookierah and S. Panda also posted some very reasonable explanations earlier in the thread as to why this leaker is just another bull****er.
Also, apparently, he's only 15 years old. He's just some 9th grader trying to throwing us for a loop, and sadly, succeeding.

DMAJohnson

Smash Journeyman
I'll be honest: it's an enjoyable read, even though it 'tis fake. If nothing else, at least he's better than 99% of the other "prophets". The sad part, of course, is that these blow away the Dojo's updates for the past 2-3 months. :(

The_Corax_King

Smash Lord
This guy seems legit...

Which cut veteran plays a major role in SSE...?

I hope it's not mewtwo... but he seems the most likely :(

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I think it's AWESOME how everyone bashed me earlier for being blunt about how gullible you guys are, and how it turns out the kid is only 15. Grats guys XD.

KTHXBAI!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
I think it's AWESOME how everyone bashed me earlier for being blunt about how gullible you guys are, and how it turns out the kid is only 15. Grats guys XD.
KTHXBAI!
A critical hit! It's super effective!
thealmightygoat has fainted! Do you want to switch Leakémon?
:chuckle:
Kudos goes to Voyager for disconfirming thealmightygoat!
Oh, you are SO bad... :laugh:
Well, one down; all in all, it's a good start!

I lol'd so d@mn hard at this.

Mythos13

Smash Apprentice
I'll be honest: it's an enjoyable read, even though it 'tis fake. If nothing else, at least he's better than 99% of the other "prophets". The sad part, of course, is that these blow away the Dojo's updates for the past 2-3 months. :(
i agree, even though its (probably) fake, its a good read, and better than the updates so far...

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I lol'd so d@mn hard at this.
Aw, yayyy! I'm glad I could give you a good chuckle at the expense of a 15-year-old British boy who has a little too much time on his pasty little British hands. :chuckle:

Aaaaaaaaand, MookieRah, I think your victory gives you the privilege of doing the honors.

I think you know what to do with that. ;)

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, how do you know that thealmightygoat from the IGN forums is the thealmightygoat from the Gamespot forums? There's a chance he isn't the same person.
You're right... instead of jumping to conclusions like most of the people reading up on almightygoat's leaks, I'd rather we took the time to research things like we normally should. How do we know this almightygoat isn't just someone else, since it seems silly to leave an email and website link up like that.

Is there any way to check on the posts IGN almightygoat has made, if there's any at all? Since I wouldn't want us all to start harassing the email of someone completely innocent who has no idea of what's going on...

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
He claims they are different:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40668019

Oh my god....
This is by far the worst coincidence ever.
Great. Now I look like a 15 year old jack*** looking to screw around with some ppl.
Well this completely discredits everything I've ever said. Fantastic.
It's not me.
I'm from the U.S.
He's not.
That's all the proof I've got, but to the skeptical Smash community, that will never be good enough.

....I don't even know how to react right now.....
Just wait till the game comes out I guess. Then you'll know for sure.
Until then,
(puts on flame shield)

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
If he was proven to be fake it would have been more likely that he would run away and hide in shame. I personally think the nature of his responce increases the chances of him being the real thing, but only a little.

If he is a fake, I do like his style.

skiks

Smash Cadet
Well would it be hard to ask a gamestop mod to run an IP check? Or even a gamefaq mod to see if he really is from the states?

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
The guy seems pretty popular too, so someone could've copied his username and posted fake stuff about Brawl on IGN while claiming to be him you know. I'm not saying he's right, but he sounds pretty reasonable right now.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
In a way, I feel bad. If he were a 15-year-old Brit, he's up at...oh, 2:30, which is a tad late. If anything, this puts him into a corner; if he really has information (doubtful), now would be the best time to come forth with all of it. ;)

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
@Aeris:
I can't lock threads in the brawl section :-(. I'm actually a vagrant mod who was originally assigned to Atlantic South regional section, but was replaced but never had my modness removed.

Just wait till the game comes out I guess. Then you'll know for sure.
Until then,
(puts on flame shield)
I couldn't have said it better myself wannabe leaker dude.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
at thegoat's plea of coincidence...

you know, there is a chance this could be just a coincidence, that these two goats are not the same people. There is also a chance that coincidence could strike and the winds of the ocean, with proper lighting and water, could make this:

There's also a chance you could throw cards in the air and they land in perfect order, or that a monkey with a keyboard randomly pressing keys could type out an entire Shakespeare play. But as intellects, we must look at the probability of it being coincidence or not. Just like all of the aforementioned, this is probably more than just a strange coincidence. With an obscure username and the profile of a pre-pubescent, pissed off kid because of the delayed euro release date, its more than enough evidence and motive for, at least me, to convict the kid. not just some strange, improbable coincidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom