• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
With this assist trophy, it's apparent that not just characters from the specific 3rd Party Characters' games will appear. No, rather, the whole company's range of characters will as well!
i'm not very educated in the sega universe, but isn't nights part of sonic's world like dk is in mario's?

i know he appears in that sonic racing game

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I refuse to believe this rumor. The guy is being incredibly vague, talking about things that probably wont be confirmed until the Japanese release, and he is doing daily updates. Why would he do daily updates? Doesn't that just scream that he is doing this just for the attention? Most leaks happen by spilling all the beans at once, but this guy is dragging it out... because he wants people to continue reading. Refuses to talk about characters? Because he could be easily proven wrong, and/or there are people who may refuse to believe him because their favorite character didn't make it in.

Frankly, I don't care to know if this guy is telling the truth or not, because in about 14-17 days, we'll know the full roster and many more details about the game. I can wait that much longer to learn everything we've been waiting for instead of having to wade through and judge yet ANOTHER potential leak.

vesperview

Smash Hero
A lot of the "prophets" out there are saying Capcom is not involved in Brawl and that Megaman was out, when before the now infamous "podcast" every "prophet" claimed he was on the roster. Especially when he still has the chance of being in as Inafune stated, that right there tells me they are adapting as information is released, even if it is not 100% Lol :laugh:
QFT!

10char

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
i'm not very educated in the sega universe, but isn't nights part of sonic's world like dk is in mario's?

i know he appears in that sonic racing game
Nights is not part of Sonic's world. And that was a cameo in that racing game.

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
This guy sounds much more credible to me than most of the other "prophets". He isn't falling back on the easily predictable stuff like many of the others (Ridley and Krystal are in! etc.), but he hasn't said anything that sounds completely impossible either. As others have alluded to, I think sooner or later we'll get an update on the Dojo that either confirms this guy is telling the truth (for instance, a NiGHTS AT update that does exactly what he says), or proves he's lying (for instance, Ray 01 announced as a playable character).

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I am just doing some secret "interrogating" to see if I can trip him up and expose him for what he is.

All I care about is Megaman and Geno, that is who I am waiting for Megaman can be the last third party franchise, and Geno can be the special character who falls under the 2 1/2 party loophole.

GO MEGAMAN AND GENO! ^_^ :lick:

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I will admit this guy is good, he gives pretty good ideas and lures people into them daily, and he also seems to be angering some of the smashboard mods, rofl.

ricydafrog

Smash Journeyman
He's only believable because he's incredibly vague and doesn't specify any newcomers. It's like a fortune cookie or a horoscope: it'll apply to anything you want it to.

It's a parlor trick, and a poor one at that. Funny to see people fooled by it.
that doesn't make sense because something like this can't be applied like those brief sentences. It doesn't matter if he's lyeing or not thought, because we won't know until the game comes out. when it does even if he's lyeing, no one will care unless they took him into extreme consideration as a credible source of info

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
Nights is not not part of Sonic's world. And that was a cameo.
hmmm idn, i wikipedia'd it and nights has been in 3 games with sonic(one being released today), with another one coming out later

i don't expect any silent hill or castlevania AT's

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
I believe him, couple things that stood out for me though.

* PREVIEW: Everyone loves Subspace info, so I'll provide a little more tomorrow! It'll be a single update, of course, but it provides a wealth of info on an important Subspace boss. Pokemon fans, rejoice! What do I mean by that? You'll see....
Mewtwo? That is what I'm thinking.

NEW ASSIST TROPHY: RAY 01 *sigh*

NEW ITEM: BITTER SPRAY

Origin: Pikmin 2 (2004)
OLIMAR CONFIRMED! :bluejump:

-One of the cut characters from Melee has a major role in Subspace Emissary He might be referring to Mewtwo (boss) ..

Tails This I am uncertain about, I thought Sakurai only had rights to Sonic, why would he go through the trouble of getting Tails only as an AT?

kidicaruspwner

Smash Rookie
i don't trust him. He spelt "returning" wrong.(The post is entitled HIDDEN CHARACTERS IN SSB64; second line) Like come on, "returing?" What kind of word is that? I doubt a real person with inside info would make that mistake. A lot of his stuff sounds pretty good, and close to realistic, but i still don't trust him.

Revven

FrankerZ
Tails This I am uncertain about, I thought Sakurai only had rights to Sonic, why would he go through the trouble of getting Tails only as an AT?
The same could be said for Grey Fox. "Why is he an AT? I thought Sakurai only got rights for Snake?" Yet, Grey Fox is in the game as an AT.

I'm betting when you get rights to Sonic, get rights to the majority of the franchise or at least, what he needs. In this case would be items like ATs or music (Live & Learn, Angel Island Zone). Tails being an AT is believable, no doubt about it. If Snake can have one from his franchise, why can't Sonic?

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
How does a Pikmin item confirm Olimar? If so, then why isn't Lip in Melee.

Anyway, I was neutral about this guy until he said NiGHTS awards people a free FS. That guy is full of crap. You see that he only updated the Cpt. Falcon thing because of todays update? But yesterday he already promised 3 updates. But with the update, he changed. An extra press is good, ain't it?

And the title should change from "Second Dojo?" to "1456th Moron"

Revven

FrankerZ
Anyway, I was neutral about this guy until he said NiGHTS awards people a free FS. That guy is full of crap. You see that he only updated the Cpt. Falcon thing because of todays update? But yesterday he already promised 3 updates.
What on Earth are you talking about? "Only updated the Cpt. Falcon thing because of today's update"? What? It's three updates. An AT, the 4 hidden SSB64 originals being hidden again, and Charizard's Up-B...

Whatever.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I agree, most likely untrue, but wouldn't it feel great if it was real? To know that there WAS a REAL leaker?

In any case his stuff is a lot of fun to read, and nothing gets your hopes up too much. Except for returning characters...

Also... major Melee character rejected and put in Subspace Emissary?..... ****. Who could it be? :( I'm thinking... Falco, Roy... Shiek? :cry:
And then everyone just forgets about Ness all of a sudden. But this Bleating Deity (lol) says he might be playable.

It -might- be Mewtwo. It makes me think of that movie.

Now excuse me my Wii is calling.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
What on Earth are you talking about? "Only updated the Cpt. Falcon thing because of today's update"? What? It's three updates. An AT, the 4 hidden SSB64 originals being hidden again, and Charizard's Up-B...

Whatever.
What I mean is that I doubt he planned the Cpt. Falcon part if it weren't todays update.

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
I refuse to believe this rumor. The guy is being incredibly vague, talking about things that probably wont be confirmed until the Japanese release, and he is doing daily updates. Why would he do daily updates? Doesn't that just scream that he is doing this just for the attention? Most leaks happen by spilling all the beans at once, but this guy is dragging it out... because he wants people to continue reading. Refuses to talk about characters? Because he could be easily proven wrong, and/or there are people who may refuse to believe him because their favorite character didn't make it in.

Frankly, I don't care to know if this guy is telling the truth or not, because in about 14-17 days, we'll know the full roster and many more details about the game. I can wait that much longer to learn everything we've been waiting for instead of having to wade through and judge yet ANOTHER potential leak.
THE PANDA HAS SPOKEN! Lol anyways, yah. I think he's lying because he said Chibi Robo was an AT. I would love chibi robo in but there's no reason. If someone could find one please say it.

Zevox

Smash Lord
Eh, real or not, I think I'm going to keep an eye on this. It does seem more believable than our typical host of leakers and prophets, although I acknowledge the points others have made about that being quite possibly a deliberate trick. Regardless of its real or not though many of the ideas are interesting, particularly the assist trophies (I'd be especially pleased if he were right about NiGHTS), and its not like anyone has anything to lose by reading what he has to say.

Zevox

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
1. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: PAK E. DERM
That's pretty much the only reason why I don't believe him. Pak E. Derm isn't just obscure, he's completely pointless. And he's saying stuff that, in my opinion, can be agreed on by almost everyone...Luigi and Ganondorf, mainly.

I agree with SP. For those of you who absolutely refuse to wait, keep reading these. But for those of you who could care less...well...

Stop reading this and go outside. It's a nice day.

EON_MagicMan

Smash Cadet
i don't trust him. He spelt "returning" wrong.(The post is entitled HIDDEN CHARACTERS IN SSB64; second line) Like come on, "returing?" What kind of word is that? I doubt a real person with inside info would make that mistake. A lot of his stuff sounds pretty good, and close to realistic, but i still don't trust him.
He didn't spell it wrong because he made a spelling mistake, it's just a typo!

That really speaks nothing of his credibility. If he didn't use caps and didn't know how to spell and that sort of thing, it would be different, but that was just a typo.

Unfortunately, unless something he's said is confirmed on the Dojo, we really won't know if he's legit until release.

His stuff sounds quite possible, but that could just be part of the deception. I'm sure many are combing through the released videos and Japanese commercials to see if they can see Charizard's up+B.

It's like Global Warming, only time will tell the truth about it, and when the truth comes out, it's too late.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
Joke?

lol?

edracon

Smash Cadet
I don't really believe dixie and Birdo are ATs

I mean, WTF would they do?

BTW whos Poo???
Birdo was confirmed at "Jump Festa", she has a 3D model and shoots eggs out of her mouth.

Poo is the fourth friend of Ness in "Earthbound". He has a trophy in Melee. (Ness's friends are: Paula, Jeff, and Poo.)
Poo would probable use PSI StarStorm (or as some people call is "PK Starstorm")

Zevox

Smash Lord
Unfortunately, unless something he's said is confirmed on the Dojo, we really won't know if he's legit until release.
Well, if you look back a couple pages ago in this thread, someone contacted him about Mega Man, and he said that although that is classified, hes heard the Dojo is supposed to reveal another third-party character soon, and he intends to reveal what company it is from this Saturday. That would be a way to test his credibility before the release (even if not necessarily too far before) - if another third-party character shows up on the Dojo by the end of next week and his claim of the company is correct, theres probably something to him. If not, we can discard him with all the rest of the attention-hungry false leakers and prophets.

edracon said:
Poo would probable use PSI StarStorm (or as some people call is "PK Starstorm")
Um, thats Lucas' final smash. Why make an assist trophy that does a PC's ultimate special move?

Zevox

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
I am not saying that I believe this guy entirely, but he seems believable. I am going to keep track of this rumor and analyse it.

I think there will be one or two prophets in the flood of them that are coming that will actually be truthful. As of now I think maybe this guy is one of them. I mean look back at Melee, when that one guy posted the actual final roster 20 days or so in advance and if I am not mistaken he got flamed really badly.
Still, "Tread lightly dude." -Tucker
After all it is just a rumor.

Mostly @ SamuraiPanda- How would you like him to present the information?
Who knows maybe this guy does daily updates b/c he just thought it would be cool.

EDIT: Good we will know by the end of next week if this guy is an actual prophet or is just another one of many liars.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Eh, real or not, I think I'm going to keep an eye on this. It does seem more believable than our typical host of leakers and prophets, although I acknowledge the points others have made about that being quite possibly a deliberate trick. Regardless of its real or not though many of the ideas are interesting, particularly the assist trophies (I'd be especially pleased if he were right about NiGHTS), and its not like anyone has anything to lose by reading what he has to say.

Zevox
QFT 100%

I'll have to keep an eye on it...either way it's a nice read and the snake part just sounds too real..he also said on saturday there will be huge update and regardless if this real or not I want to see this fake/real update...

Rhyme

Smash Lord
<spellingnazi>
It's "grammar," not "grammer." ;)
</spellingnazi>

thealmightygoat still sounds very credible--his best asset and his greatest flaw. Everything he has said so far sounds believable. But, in the same vein, they are all plausible suggestions and could easily be guessed. It's too early to tell, but we'll find out by Saturday or so.
Grammar Nazi! <3 Haven't seen you for months and your still in your element.

By the same token, any "normal" (and I use the word LIBERALLY) person such as yourself could make cautious predictions, so why haven't more people tried? They know they won't get away with it. Either this person is the real deal or he/she has got balls/ovaries of steel. ^^

I've been following this for the past few days out of curiosity, and the Snake "update" is from yesterday, so he hasn't posted anything today. If he starts skipping days, it's definitely a good sign to start calling shenanigans.

Good point. That said, he seems knowledgable, and the confidence with which (s)he gives this information is rather intriguing. It's too soon to "call shenanigans" right now...certainly entertainment enough.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon fans wouldn't rejoice if Mewtwo is deconfirmed ... Unless he's a boss AND he's playable. I used to be huge into pokemon, and if they remove Mewtwo I'll be dejoiced.

Also, I heard there was a leak of a similar nature for melee that was met with much disgust ... until we all found out that the person who leaked the information was correct.
"WTF ROY!? WTF WHY GAME AND WATCH!? FAKE! FAIL! GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe this could be the case once again here. (But of course, that remains to be seen)

Ahem. As far as leaks go though, this is the most legitimate I have read. Everything he has said makes sense- And I don't see how people think he's being vague, to me he's clear as day. In the assist trophy updates he describes EXACTLY what they'd do.

-Sega and Nintendo seem real buddy buddy right now. NiGHTS is owned by Sonic Team, a NiGHTS game JUST came out on the Wii, and he's made a couple cameos in Sonic games so I can believe that he has an assist trophy. Also, if he was looking for attention, why would he include frikkin Pak E. Derm in an update? If that were to appear on the dojo, people would be facepalming themselves at how lame the update is.

-Ness being playable goes along with something he said in a previous entry - That some veteran character's movesets will be given to newcomers, and their moveset will be changed. The above claim states that his updates are not contradicting themselves, so either it's real of he's very careful.

-As for his typo on 'returning', how does him spelling a word wrong ruin his credibility as someone who possibly has a connection?

Perhaps I'm naive, but why would someone bother to fabricate daily update lies? Everybody says we'd be seeing leaks soon with the release fast approaching, but when they appear they are immediately shot down. I'm not saying that I believe them %100, and I know it's hard to believe a leak when so many before it have been outright lies, but I believe this person deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I'll continue reading.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Grammar Nazi! <3 Haven't seen you for months and your still in your element.

By the same token, any "normal" (and I use the word LIBERALLY) person such as yourself could make cautious predictions, so why haven't more people tried? They know they won't get away with it. Either this person is the real deal or he/she has got balls/ovaries of steel. ^^

Good point. That said, he seems knowledgable, and the confidence with which (s)he gives this information is rather intriguing. It's too soon to "call shenanigans" right now...certainly entertainment enough.
Rhyme? RHYME! RHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYME! I haven't seen you in ages, my friend! How the heck are ya? Good to see you posting again. :grin:

I, too, am more inclined to believe thealmightygoat than the other "prophets" and "leakers," and you bring up a valid point. At least this one has the nerve to put their information out there--false or not--along with his / her reputation. And at the very least, it's entertaining. :chuckle:

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Pokemon fans wouldn't rejoice if Mewtwo is deconfirmed ... Unless he's a boss AND he's playable. I used to be huge into pokemon, and if they remove Mewtwo I'll be dejoiced.

Also, I heard there was a leak of a similar nature for melee that was met with much disgust ... until we all found out that the person who leaked the information was correct.
"WTF ROY!? WTF WHY GAME AND WATCH!? FAKE! FAIL! GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I believe this could be the case once again here. (But of course, that remains to be seen)

Ahem. As far as leaks go though, this is the most legitimate I have read. Everything he has said makes sense- And I don't see how people think he's being vague, to me he's clear as day. In the assist trophy updates he describes EXACTLY what they'd do.

-Sega and Nintendo seem real buddy buddy right now. NiGHTS is owned by Sonic Team, a NiGHTS game JUST came out on the Wii, and he's made a couple cameos in Sonic games so I can believe that he has an assist trophy. Also, if he was looking for attention, why would he include frikkin Pak E. Derm in an update? If that were to appear on the dojo, people would be facepalming themselves at how lame the update is.

-Ness being playable goes along with something he said in a previous entry - That some veteran character's movesets will be given to newcomers, and their moveset will be changed. The above claim states that his updates are not contradicting themselves, so either it's real of he's very careful.

-As for his typo on 'returning', how does him spelling a word wrong ruin his credibility as someone who possibly has a connection?

Perhaps I'm naive, but why would someone bother to fabricate daily update lies? Everybody says we'd be seeing leaks soon with the release fast approaching, but when they appear they are immediately shot down. I'm not saying that I believe them %100, and I know it's hard to believe a leak when so many before it have been outright lies, but I believe this person deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I'll continue reading.
Thank you for that dude,:chuckle: it pretty much sums up my emotions!!:)

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Why should we believe this guy? At least that guy who predicted the Dragoon parts got something right. So, even though that guy could still be lying too, at least he has some credibility.

But what does this guy have? Why is he even worth paying attention to? There's at least 100 people who say things like this. Why is this guy being singled out?

I thought about the possibility that all the 64 hidden characters could be hidden in Brawl too. That would be a logical explanation to why Captain Falcon hasn't been shown yet. So while that sounds really good, it's not like no one could come up with that on their own.

I don't pay attention to "prophets" until they've gotten at least one thing right, and even then I still don't believe them.

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
These updates seem believeable to me. He gives detailed information that I think could seems highly believeable. I think this is because all of the assist trophies he listed (Pak E. Derm most importantly), are AT's that the more you I about it, the more I think it would work. I mean, the yoshi series most likely not have another character... theres like 3 to choose from..., so they might as well have at least one good item or AT from the Yoshi series, and Pak.e.derm would make a perfect choice, what makes it even more believable is that he was a trophy in melee. Also, the Todd from the pokemon snap game was an AT idea that I would never think possible, that could work. Well, to sum up my post, if his updates really were in brawl, I would have no complaints, I actually like most of his ideas, (especially the Ice Flower from SMG:)) If these updates are completely made up, this guy should become a pursuasive writer or something, he gives highly believable information!

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Why should we believe this guy? At least that guy who predicted the Dragoon parts got something right. So, even though that guy could still be lying too, at least he has some credibility.

But what does this guy have? Why is he even worth paying attention to? There's at least 100 people who say things like this. Why is this guy being singled out?

I thought about the possibility that all the 64 hidden characters could be hidden in Brawl too. That would be a logical explanation to why Captain Falcon hasn't been shown yet. So while that sounds really good, it's not like no one could come up with that on their own.

I don't pay attention to "prophets" until they've gotten at least one thing right, and even then I still don't believe them.
100 really?? Can you name them please...??

Actually a couple AT's have been confirmed at jump fiesta....

Frogla

Smash Ace
But what really proves this guy fake is he avoids things that will prove him wrong "IF Captain Falcon, IF Ness"

And he has been confirming people that wont be revealed as a charachter at all or this early such as Ray, Pak E Derm and Nights.

Dragon Master Luigi

Smash Apprentice
QFT 100%

I'll have to keep an eye on it...either way it's a nice read and the snake part just sounds too real..he also said on saturday there will be huge update and regardless if this real or not I want to see this fake/real update...
He's talking about his Gamespot updates he's been revealing on Smash.. seems to be a Smash Bros. gameplay tester.. I just need to get a message back from him..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom