• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
Megaman, followed closely by Geno. Although I'm very happy as is with the roster (Sonic ftw). I'm not sure what your point was for asking me this though, I'm assuming I'll find out very soon.
Oh wow. You really suck. It's so idiotic to believe in characters like that. There is no way you will know if they are in or not. OH! You say they ARE in after all? Oh wow, idiotic lucky guess...

..see how it feels? Again, this wasn't to be rude, although it DOES come off that way (I admit).

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Being a mod does not mean everyone should just accept everything you say and people with differing oppinions who are not mods should just tuck-tail and run away.
Yeah, that is something I dislike about mod status. People seem to be afraid of mods even though they aren't going against forum rules. I don't abuse my powers, and I definitely don't discriminate against people who have differing opinions either.

I also don't like it when random people just spam and post random praise either, that's more annoying IMO, cause at that point they are not only brown nosing, but they are going against forum rules by spamming XD.
By not believing any "prophet" it does not mean that he believes they are all fake. It means that he's keeping his options open, using his brain, and doing his homework before making a decision. I'm the same way, as I posted about before.
Thanks for explaining that to him, I was having a hard time putting that into words.
Oh wow. You really suck. It's so idiotic to believe in characters like that. There is no way you will know if they are in or not. OH! You say they ARE in? Oh wow, idiotic lucky guess...
LOL, I never said they were going to be in, I simply said that they are who I want in. It's not foolish to want something, it's only foolish to want something so much you are willing to believe anyone that tells you what you want to hear.

Way to fail... very very hard.

Darkurai

Smash Master
I hope that was sarcasm. Honestly, I could make an account somewhere and post a bunch of legit sounding things and even post some legit sounding nuances to game mechanics and go into crazy detail and put every current "prophet" to shame if I wanted. It really isn't that hard at all. There is no reason to believe any leaker unless they can provide some kind of proof to their claims. So far, none of them have, and most of them are obviously fake due to their introductions alone.
I'm aware that this could easily be fake. However, this truly is the most legit looking one ever, and I knew people would immedietaly flame it for being fake, as they did the real roster for Melee.
Tbh, I wouldn't be surprised if this turned out to be fake. But for now, I'm keeping an open mind.

M.K

Level 55
Oh dang, that's a nice new entry. Although it DOES sort of contradict his theory on "No Newcomer or Cut Characters"

...interesting.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
The point is, why would you completely believe something that can't be proven true or otherwise because they refuse to share their sources? It's just...dumb.
I don't want to open up a firestorm here, but um, like... God?

Oh and to keep in line with every post I've made in this thread...

RUN TO THE HILLS... RUN FOR YOUR LIIIIIIVES.

Alright, back to everyone else.

Revven

FrankerZ
thealmightygoat posting from GameFAQs said:
It won't let me do blog posts. I created another account separately, and it still wouldn't work. When it works, I'll officially post this to my blog, but for now, I'll give you what I intended to update.

Good afternoon,

Sorry about the late update, I've been scrambling for good information for a triple update and I've got some good stuff, I think. I had other info I was planning to reveal, but I'm going to save it for a later date. Of course, how could it be possible to beat the Fighting Alloy Team? (sarcasm.) I suppose it's got Captain Falcon supporters scrambling to convince everyone that he's been confirmed because of the Red Alloy's shape. Well, I can confirm this piece of information as of last night: Captain Falcon will not be revealed on the Dojo. He's a hidden character. In fact....

1. HIDDEN CHARACTERS IN SSB64
I've been told that the hidden characters from Super Smash Bros. 64, if returing, will all be hidden in this game to honor the original. That includes Captain Falcon and Ness if they are to be returning. I don't know the full roster, so hopefully this sheds some new light on Ness fans. How? Well think about it. Why would they keep all those characters hidden on purpose to honor the original if not all of them are returning?

And let's move on to the rest...

2. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: NiGHTS
With this assist trophy, it's apparent that not just characters from the specific 3rd Party Characters' games will appear. No, rather, the whole company's range of characters will as well! NiGHTS will fly around the stage and place rings around the stage. If you pass through all the rings first, NiGHTS will reward you with a free Final Smash. He is pretty rare, but it's worth it when you get him.

3. CHARIZARD'S UP-B MOVE
There has been much speculation as to what Charizard's Up-B will be. Well, I'm here to end that speculation. It is not fly, but instead it's Air Slash from the Diamond and Pearl games. Charizard slashes upward with incredible force into the air, knocking opponents in the process. He then glides through the air. It's a pretty powerful move, I've been told. It's similar to Fox's Up-B.

That should be good for the first triple update! Once again, I apologize for the delay. But maybe this preview will make up for it...

PREVIEW: Everyone loves Subspace info, so I'll provide a little more tomorrow! It'll be a single update, of course, but it provides a wealth of info on an important Subspace boss. Pokemon fans, rejoice! What do I mean by that? You'll see....
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40660789

There's your update for today people, thoughts?

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I don't want to open up a firestorm here, but um, like... God?
Yes, it is very much like having faith in a religion; however, it also isn't as well. Religion, for the most part, is all about faith and putting your faith on the front lines. A lot of people identify themselves by their faith and it is very very close and dear to them. This isn't the same for leakers, because there is no reason to hold onto something like this so fervently as it is not anywhere near the same level of closeness to their lives... Or at least, I hope not.

Ironically, my view on a God and such is pretty much the same as my position with leakers though. I can't disprove God, but to me it doesn't seem very likely.

But yeah, that said, I hope this doesn't turn into a religious debate now.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Ok this guy is good. He wont confirm a charachter that could be easily deconfirmed so he refuses to post new comer info, I just dont know.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
Yes, it is very much like having faith in a religion; however, it also isn't as well. Religion, for the most part, is all about faith and putting your faith on the front lines. A lot of people identify themselves by their faith and it is very very close and dear to them. This isn't the same for leakers, because there is no reason to hold onto something like this so fervently as it is not anywhere near the same level of closeness to their lives... Or at least, I hope not.

Ironically, my view on a God and such is pretty much the same as my position with leakers though. I can't disprove God, but to me it doesn't seem very likely.

But yeah, that said, I hope this doesn't turn into a religious debate now.
I was just being ***, I pretty much feel the same way. Also, I've been posting entirely in Iron Maiden lyrics simply due to how ludicrous I find all of this.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
it's hard to figure out if this is fake or not. on the one hand, many alleged "prophets" have tried to decieve us. yet, many of what this person is saying is way to believable to be considered fake.

i'm gonna watch this closely and take everything as a half-truth until a real confirmation is made.

still, nice info he's given us, especially the Snake SE part

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
NIGHTS i can actually believe as an assist beause he's appeared in several sonic games, and i can see sega wanting to put him in.

a true like "strategy guide page scan of the full roster screen" leak needs to happen soon or i'm gonna explode.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Oh dang, that's a nice new entry. Although it DOES sort of contradict his theory on "No Newcomer or Cut Characters"

...interesting.
Erm...no, it doesn't. Captain Falcon is a veteran, albeit an apparently hidden one. He has not been cut if he is in the game, so thealmightygoat is still well within his self-made boundaries.

NIGHTS i can actually believe as an assist beause he's appeared in several sonic games, and i can see sega wanting to put him in.

a true like "strategy guide page scan of the full roster screen" leak needs to happen soon or i'm gonna explode.
It sounds plausible, and actually kind of amusing. Air Slash sounds likely, also. Really, it ALL sounds likely, which is the problem--it might not be factual! Just enjoy the fact that someone is taking time to either feed us new information or fabricate interesting lies. ;) At least it's keeping us entertained.

And I agree, I'm crossing my fingers for an "official" leak ASAP.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I hope this is fake, because I was hoping that Chibi Robo would be playable! The first part of today's update sounds pretty fake, but it could just as easily be true (whether the person's making it up or not). I'm not going to put stock into what anyone says until the Japanese release date unless they have some convincing gameplay footage to back it up.

Tom Nook, Mega Man, Ness, and Chibi Robo for Brawl! I'm not giving up hope for them being playable, despite any evidence against any of them. :) I know I'll be let down, but I can dream!

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Ok, was was believing this guy until NiGhts. Not that I don't think he will be an AT, I do think he will be. But that just sounds ridiculous. Free final smash? Come on now...

Santini

Smash Journeyman
Well, his knowledge seems quite expansive. He talks about all kinds of different franchises, which is impressive. But even if it's fake, it's worth the read.

Anyway...bookmark'd.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I've been following this for the past few days out of curiosity, and the Snake "update" is from yesterday, so he hasn't posted anything today. If he starts skipping days, it's definitely a good sign to start calling shenanigans.
Yeah, I have a live bookmark on this to see when he actually updates. I agree with you too, because if he starts skipping, he'll become less reliable and it could potentially mean that he's spending time trying to create more updates.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
Crazy enough, this guy seems legit. Not like all of those other so called "Prophets", his info is reasonable and I don't have any reason to doubt him until he is either proven fake or reveals it himself. And if these updates do turn out to be true....wow, just wow :)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well I contacted Goat just the other day about Megaman, just to kind of fish and see if he is for real or not. This is what he replied to me:

Here is my original message:

If you are telling the truth, which you may or may not be, but I have a little confidence in you. Anyways, I know you are not supposed to reveal characters, but do you or cany you tell me if Megaman (any form) is or is not in Brawl? This is really killing me and I just want to know.

Here is the response:

Terribly sorry, but I'm afraid that's classified info. However, this Saturday, I will be posting a 3rd Party-related update on a company that has yet to announce their involvement. This is because I've heard that the Dojo will be announcing another 3rd Party character shortly, and I have thus been given permission to reveal what company will be involved. Keep reading the blog, though!

So he will not tell me, what else is new? I do remember he said that each Saturday he will post 1 really big "update," here is too Cacpcom. :)

Also, he is not skipping days, he is having trouble posting blogs and stuff. He keeps saying that he gets an internet explorer error.

Revven

FrankerZ
Well I contacted Goat just the other day about Megaman, just to kind of fish and see if he is for real or not. This is what he replied to me:

If you are telling the truth, which you may or may not be, but I have a little confidence in you. Anyways, I know you are not supposed to reveal characters, but do you or cany you tell me if Megaman (any form) is or is not in Brawl? This is really killing me and I just want to know.

Here is the response:

Terribly sorry, but I'm afraid that's classified info. However, this Saturday, I will be posting a 3rd Party-related update on a company that has yet to announce their involvement. This is because I've heard that the Dojo will be announcing another 3rd Party character shortly, and I have thus been given permission to reveal what company will be involved. Keep reading the blog, though!

So he will not tell me, what else is new? I do remember he said that each Saturday he will post 1 really big "update," here is too Cacpcom. :)
Y'know, doesn't that go along with some other "leaker" information? I swear I recall at least one of them saying that there'd be a Third party character update next week (not this week)...

Yeah, I have a live bookmark on this to see when he actually updates. I agree with you too, because if he starts skipping, he'll become less reliable and it could potentially mean that he's spending time trying to create more updates.
Check back a page to see his latest update, I posted what he said on GameFAQs about it.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
interesting... thats cool, a 3rd party update would certainly make-up for all these characterless months.

and yea other "leakers" have been saying 3rd party character in the following week. i forget which leaker said that tho.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
As far as the new information goes... The Nights AT sounds interesting, but what if you have Final Smash items turned off? I doubt that an AT would give you a Final Smash. Although I suppose it could just Make Nights useless if it IS turned off, but still.

That's my take on today. It's still an interesting read though.

TnadeN

Smash Cadet

Here is the response:

I truly hope this friendly guy is real! Just keep the question messages to a minimum, don't want to destroy his will to post like we've done to other ppl like him.

And once again he surpasses the Dojo, weekend Updates FTW!

EDIT: grammar -_-'

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
wow... this guy is a tricky one. if he is real, then... wow the true leaks are coming....

poor chibi robo....

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
I can't deny that this so called "prophet" is keaping me entertained and I definatley agree that he is the most believable prophet ive heard of. Im just waiting for when Dojo somehow confirms that what he's posting is true. If annything he's posting gets proven to be true then I'll believe everything he says.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
He seems very professional and top-class about the whole situation.

Sounds like he has a very reliable source from within the production company.
Not revealing unmentioned characters is a good sign on his part, he probably won't get 'FAKER' tagged all over him.

Seems like a respectable guy!

Kokichi

Skia Oura
BRoomer
lol @ "I'll have new info on Saturday." I look at that as "I hope someone releases some new info soon, and I'll just keep postponing my updates until other people update first." And what's the point of updating his blog if Sakurai's going to do it first anyways?

Revven

FrankerZ
lol @ "I'll have new info on Saturday." I look at that as "I hope someone releases some new info soon, and I'll just keep postponing my updates until other people update first." And what's the point of updating his blog if Sakurai's going to do it first anyways?
Err... he updated today already, check a page back... :psycho:

He's not postponing if he's already updated..

Alan Redgown

Smash Cadet
Oh, haha, I thought that he meant defeating Metal Gear REX as Snake unlocks Metal Gear REX. Wow.

Well, he hasn't said anything unreasonable, and all the Assist Trophies he's mentioned make sense. I can't wait to see what else he has to say.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
I mean, yeah, even if it might be fake, you have to give him credit for being so... illusionist-ish. Bravo.

Oh, and the response abou the 3rd party?

If I had enough, I'd pee my pants. :( TAKE NOTE:

"However, this Saturday, I will be posting a 3rd Party-related update on a company that has yet to announce their involvement. This is because I've heard that the Dojo will be announcing another 3rd Party character shortly, and I have thus been given permission to reveal what company will be involved. "

I may never sleep again.

We truly don't know what's going to be shown on the Dojo leading up to the release. Quite in fact, now is the time to reveal your final 3rd party character (even IF it would spoil things) to generate as much buzz as you can for the game.

Thi0s

Smash Apprentice
Truthful or not, it is a very interesting read and none of it has been too controversial just yet. I'll keep reading it out of pure curiosity, just like I do with every other "Prophet"post. =P

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
And what's the point of updating his blog if Sakurai's going to do it first anyways?
He didn't say he was going to post after Sakurai, at least not for the 3rd party update. He said he would post what company the next 3rd party character is from this Saturday. Supposedly the next 3rd party character is to be revealed next week on the Dojo. If he is truthful on this, I say he's legit.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I don't get it. Apparently it's ok to leak some information and not others? That doesn't make any sense at all really. It seems like he is claiming that he has "permission" to leak stuff from Nintendo... If that is the case, why isn't it on the Dojo? Why didn't they post more of this stuff instead of all the boring crap they have been tossing at us?

Regardless of what info he leaks, a leaker is still a leaker. If it's so easy to find stuff on this guy then he would be such a blatant target for Nintendo to shut down. At the least he would get some sort of cease and desist notice.

Fake, fake, fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom