• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnyxVulpine

Smash Champion
Seems interesting, I'll keep up on it out of interesting but not gonna believe it so much.

Seems believable and could be worth it to some people.

-Onyx

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
You know, you guy's have got to think, yes, he could be fake, but you know that he could still be a true prophet. Think about the possibilities:

- He could be a game tester.
- He could have found many disguised leaks.
- He somehow, very doubtfully, could have gotten the game early, but the chances of that are so slim I
almost didn't put it on here.

And he also could be lying. We've all seen trolls and other prophets.

So the truth of the matter? We really do not know the truth, so I think we shouldn't even be debating about if he is real or not, or at least we shouldn't jump to conclusions and say "he's a fake" or "he's real". Nobody here knows the truth.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
This guy is so fake. I don't buy any of it. His character updates of Luigi using the vacuum and Ganondorf having his TP look are givens to us.

It seems likely the Dojo is going to update soon with another third party character, as to reveal one last reign of hype before the release.

I think this guy is just revealing stuff that can be assumed in a form that makes it sound like secret insider info. I'm not even gonna bother reporting on it.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
I don't get it. Apparently it's ok to leak some information and not others? That doesn't make any sense at all really. It seems like he is claiming that he has "permission" to leak stuff from Nintendo... If that is the case, why isn't it on the Dojo? Why didn't they post more of this stuff instead of all the boring crap they have been tossing at us?

Regardless of what info he leaks, a leaker is still a leaker. If it's so easy to find stuff on this guy then he would be such a blatant target for Nintendo to shut down. At the least he would get some sort of cease and desist notice.

Fake, fake, fake.
When you put it that way, yes it seems very, very fake.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
- He could be a game tester.
- He could have found many disguised leaks.
- He somehow, very doubtfully, could have gotten the game early, but the chances of that are so slim I
almost didn't put it on here.
No matter how he got that info because he has posted around gamefaqs and probably many other sites it would be easy for Nintendo to track him down. If he had real information then he would have some form of cease and desist or legal action taken place. You don't just leak stuff and get off with no form of punishment.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
All of this seems plausible enough, but frankly, I have a rather hard time taking any given leaks as fact - Particularly when they come from the smiling face of an Almighty Goat.

In the realm of Smash prophets, substance is everything - We can relate to Masahiro Sakurai because he's a real person; the Bleating Deity however, is something of an enigma. If you want to convince people who are like 'this' with doubt, shadiness and altogether unprofessional dwellings are not the accessories to come out swinging with. That being said, if he can turn the beast into a man, he might be able to drum a little more support from me.

shipoffools

Smash Journeyman
<grammernazi>
(Read At Caution) i'm sorry but..this grammer irks me. read with caution or read at your own risk...
</grammernazi>

but i hope this isn't true. i think ray# would be an excellent addition to the roster =\

skiks

Smash Cadet
This guy is so fake. I don't buy any of it. His character updates of Luigi using the vacuum and Ganondorf having his TP look are givens to us.

It seems likely the Dojo is going to update soon with another third party character, as to reveal one last reign of hype before the release.

I think this guy is just revealing stuff that can be assumed in a form that makes it sound like secret insider info. I'm not even gonna bother reporting on it.
And if he put new info it wouldn't make it anymore believable. Honestly it seems he's only revealing things that are given with small details here and there. Maybe it's not true but at least have an open mind about it.

TnadeN

Smash Cadet
Even trough the mods are haters (and the members that post after them fall for the pressure! seriously look back a few pages, it's almost ironic!) I'm a believer for now.

Toastmeister

Smash Apprentice
In any case, within the realm of we do and don't know, he hasn't made any statements which are blatantly incorrect. We've no physical evidence of false statements that could support us in our denial - The only ammo we have to power our scrutiny-cannons with is pure pessimism.

AllanT

Smash Apprentice
hey have you guy's noticed that the second blog of his on gamefaqs was taken down? click the link, it's no longer there.

this could mean that he has been found, and shut down.

falco999

Smash Apprentice
I've been following this for the past few days out of curiosity, and the Snake "update" is from yesterday, so he hasn't posted anything today. If he starts skipping days, it's definitely a good sign to start calling shenanigans.
Attack of the Show?

I

i8waffles612

Very weird...Triple update tomorrow, huh??

We shall see...

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
i've been following him the past two days......he sounds legit, better than the "prophets"
plus snakes update yesterday(if credible) you play as someone in SSE before you unlock them

knuckles_18

Smash Cadet
just an observation, i looked at his posts and on the side it says the almightygoat last online: 2:56pm, my question is i guess why didnt he post the new " update" then?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Umm Tails being an AT does not mean it is fake. Also, I am curious who the next third party character is? Megaman has not been "deconfirmed" like so many people seem to believe, if people were aware of the Inafune/Capcom love hate relationship like I do you will see why it is illogical to say he is out, still it does not look good. Geno is NOT (quote this) not third party, he falls under the same legal rules as Donkey Kong Country and DK 64 game rules between Rare and Nintendo. Bomberman, Rayman, Pacman, etc... Were not voted for, the chances of them being viable contenders is just. It will be very interesting I still will place all the chips on Megaman, just not (Classic) Megaman.

Gold_Darkness

Smash Apprentice
It's been posted.

1. HIDDEN CHARACTERS IN SSB64
I've been told that the hidden characters from Super Smash Bros. 64, if returing, will all be hidden in this game to honor the original. That includes Captain Falcon and Ness if they are to be returning. I don't know the full roster, so hopefully this sheds some new light on Ness fans. How? Well think about it. Why would they keep all those characters hidden on purpose to honor the original if not all of them are returning?

And let's move on to the rest...

2. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: NiGHTS
With this assist trophy, it's apparent that not just characters from the specific 3rd Party Characters' games will appear. No, rather, the whole company's range of characters will as well! NiGHTS will fly around the stage and place rings around the stage. If you pass through all the rings first, NiGHTS will reward you with a free Final Smash. He is pretty rare, but it's worth it when you get him.

3. CHARIZARD'S UP-B MOVE
There has been much speculation as to what Charizard's Up-B will be. Well, I'm here to end that speculation. It is not fly, but instead it's Air Slash from the Diamond and Pearl games. Charizard slashes upward with incredible force into the air, knocking opponents in the process. He then glides through the air. It's a pretty powerful move, I've been told. It's similar to Fox's Up-B.

That should be good for the first triple update! Once again, I apologize for the delay. But maybe this preview will make up for it...

PREVIEW: Everyone loves Subspace info, so I'll provide a little more tomorrow! It'll be a single update, of course, but it provides a wealth of info on an important Subspace boss. Pokemon fans, rejoice! What do I mean by that? You'll see....

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
The function of the NiGHTS assist trophy seems too wierd for me.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Even trough the mods are haters (and the members that post after them fall for the pressure! seriously look back a few pages, it's almost ironic!) I'm a believer for now.
Anybody that concedes to the opinions of a mod just because we have a small amount of power on a message board (and not because we were chosen as mods for being intelligent posters with well thought out opinions and a large knowledge base for smash in general) is a weak person indeed.

WoapGang

Mighty Soul of Woapgang
3DS FC
3411-2904-8277
Anybody that concedes to the opinions of a mod just because we have a small amount of power on a message board (and not because we were chosen as mods for being intelligent posters with well thought out opinions and a large knowledge base for smash in general) is a weak person indeed.
oh THAT's what makes you a mod?....pfft there goes my chances...

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
Well.
Hope he's wrong about NiGHTS.

This guy makes me think he's fake the more I read about him. That seems like a pretty generic and easy-to-think-up Up-B for Charizard, and rings? Come on now. I call shenanigans, and need picture proof before I believe anything this guy says.

Magically Enhanced Hobo

Smash Journeyman
I come from the land of the ice and snow..
Hmmm. Well, he hasn't said anything -impossible- so far, and I kind of like his idea for Pak E. Derm. Still, I find it weird that his "sources" don't tell him the full roster.

And the part where he said there would be more than 15 franchises with playable characters made me laugh, because we already have playable characters from 14 franchises, and we've confirmed 3-4 other icons.

Emokirby4

Smash Cadet
hmm... well if it is not true then Sakurai should consider this guy/gal for his team, because so far I like the ideas presented. Most likely un-true, but I'll semi-belive it until proven false.

mattram08

Smash Apprentice
I've told my friend about this...I'm waiting for his opinion on it, but I think that this guy is for real because one of his blogs got shut down. He may have been found posting info and they stopped him, but he found a way around it. He says he's got more info on SSE for 2morrow so let's see what he says shall we. Still let's not get too far in and I have a quote for you all. Anyone ever play Assassin's Creed?? "Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
<grammernazi>
(Read At Caution) i'm sorry but..this grammer irks me. read with caution or read at your own risk...
</grammernazi>

but i hope this isn't true. i think ray# would be an excellent addition to the roster =\
<spellingnazi>
It's "grammar," not "grammer." ;)
</spellingnazi>

thealmightygoat still sounds very credible--his best asset and his greatest flaw. Everything he has said so far sounds believable. But, in the same vein, they are all plausible suggestions and could easily be guessed. It's too early to tell, but we'll find out by Saturday or so.

fos

Smash Cadet
jajajajaja when he said about the nights AT.. he discovered himself as a faker!.. common rings, jumpo across them.. then yo u got a FS jaja stupid

fake fake fake

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I agree, most likely untrue, but wouldn't it feel great if it was real? To know that there WAS a REAL leaker?

In any case his stuff is a lot of fun to read, and nothing gets your hopes up too much. Except for returning characters...

Also... major Melee character rejected and put in Subspace Emissary?..... ****. Who could it be? :( I'm thinking... Falco, Roy... Shiek? :cry:

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
I really want tomorrow's update to be something that debunks some of the prophets. Then again, an update that supports some of the wilder things that prophets have said (because generic statements are more likely to be predictable) would be much more interestiing. Imagine there was an assist trophy update tomorrow and it was NiGHTS, and he did exactly what thealmightygoat said.

Still, as interesting as they all are, i prefer to keep the approach of "fake until proven real."

vesperview

Smash Hero
The NiGHTS AT makes me think it's fake and I'm sick of "prophets" posting things without any backup, I mean, why are we supposed to believe this people? and the cut character from Melee with a major role in SE would obviously be Mewtwo.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, ok, i agree with you, but only because you're a mod.

Zk Hammer

Smash Cadet
this seems kind of contradicting to me... i remember reading there will be no more 3rd party characters, and now this guy says there will be one more?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
A funny thing to notice...

A lot of the "prophets" out there are saying Capcom is not involved in Brawl and that Megaman was out, when before the now infamous "podcast" every "prophet" claimed he was on the roster. Especially when he still has the chance of being in as Inafune stated, that right there tells me they are adapting as information is released, even if it is not 100% Lol :laugh:

XxGUNZxX

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand this whole separation thing between believers an non-believers. Many are making it seem as though this is a whole black and white thing of being either a believer in the information or not, when in reality......WHO CARES?

Anyone can believe what they want. They can believe parts of it are true, all of it is true, or none of it is true. To each is his own. If somone believes something, why critisize them for it?

It seems as though everyone is assuming that if someone believes some leaked information that turns out to be wrong, then those people are just idiots. Except for MookieRah, he believes that everyone is foolish if they believe any leaked information but that's his opinion and that's fine with me. In reality, anyone can humor themselves and believe what they want. If it turns out to be wrong, then so what, they are no less a person than before and they probably had a fun time with the false information anyways.

We don't have anything better to do until Brawl comes out anyways so why not humor ourselves with the information given to us?

Personally I think the character who has been cut but is going to play a big role in SE is Mewtwo. He makes a great villain, and there has been a lot of speculation of him being replaced by Lucario so I think that Mewtwo fits this position well.

Secondly, I am really hoping that the company he is speaking of is Square Enix and that we get Geno! That is my biggest wish for Brawl but will it happen? Only time will tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom