• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Now the liar gets all defensive like everyone's suppose to believe him now. I think he is a pathological liar. If he was a real leaker, he would spill all the info he has right now to retain credibility, instead of pulling this daily update crap. If this crap turns out to be false (which it most likely will), this irritating kid should be banned from Gamespot AND IGN.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
@Aeris:
I can't lock threads in the brawl section :-(. I'm actually a vagrant mod who was originally assigned to Atlantic South regional section, but was replaced but never had my modness removed.
Ah, that's too bad. :ohwell: Well, hopefully someone comes in here to end the madness soon!

EDIT: OrlanduEX has all the right ideas. I agree with you all the way!

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
So the topic at hand is the rumors of someone having inside info for smash? Funny thing about rumors, you can or can't say anything truthful without proof. Only way to gloat ( or hide in disgrace ) is when the game officially comes out. Hopefully, there are no longer anymore delays...

Garuda

Smash Ace
(Referring to closing the thread) Oh cut it out, he may be lying, but you gotta remember that topic talking about the Melee leak (too lazy to find it). You can't just rule everything out unless he confesses it or provides something obviously fake.

Sanji3000

Smash Rookie
We are all so quick to discredit him but thealmightygoat is a screen name that I wouldnt be surprised if someone had. If it was something like TheSmashProphetWhoKnowsAll34634^_@1. Than I would have discredited him immediately because it would be almost impossible for someone to have a screen as unique as that one. I'm not saying I trust thealmightygoat 100%, I'm just saying what he is saying can be possibly true. I'll wait untell the dojo proves him wrong or right and if that doesnt happen we should all know in two weeks.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
Sup everyone. I'm new to the room. What's the topic of discussion?
Please don't post things like this. Buuuut..... There's a guy on Gamespot giving "Daily Updates" that are supposedly leaks, but there are the jaded disillusioned who believe no one that fails to have proof( i.e. people with logic), and gullible people who think he is legit(i.e. everyone else). I happen to follow Jim Raynor, If anyone gets the ref (it's kinda vague though).

That about sums it up.

RokkuManZer0

Smash Apprentice
I find it quite odd that he reveals info in daily leaks. Actually, I find it stupid, but I can't know for sure if he's right or wrong which is why I take everything with a grain of salt.

Most of these prophets are probably fake but there should be at least one who is right. We have to survive these two weeks. Two more ****ed weeks. :p

Edit: Raynor here.

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
We are all so quick to discredit him but thealmightygoat is a screen name that I wouldnt be surprised if someone had. If it was something like TheSmashProphetWhoKnowsAll34634^_@1. Than I would have discredited him immediately because it would be almost impossible for someone to have a screen as unique as that one. I'm not saying I trust thealmightygoat 100%, I'm just saying what he is saying can be possibly true. I'll wait untell the dojo proves him wrong or right and if that doesnt happen we should all know in two weeks.
That's what I was saying. No need to to argue about what all is going down in Brawl. Hell, y'all remember when there was a chance that it wasn't going online? I'm not ruling anyone out, but it doesn't mean that I'm going on a bandwagon with info I can't varify myself. We'll just have to wait until Feb. 10 to see who knew what was true.

watomsk

Smash Cadet
Well, while i don't believe in the guy, i do believe that it could be a coincidence... Why? well, there are others thealmightygoat in the internet =/ lets see...

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/659/659978p1.html
http://www.gamestats.com/objects/017/017012/help.html

That one is Lucozadedude (thealmightygoat), from IGN =/

http://www.myspace.com/thealmightygoat

That one is hilarious xDD but yeah, another one on myspace x_x!

There is also the 15 yo kid, and the one in Gamespot... While I don't believe in any of these "prophets", we do have to think outside the box =/ it could be a coincidence, who knows? right now there is no prove that they are the same thealmightygoat (however, that is a possibility).

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Besides, if there were 984573487437896 assist trophies like this guy is claiming, we would have gotten one every day throughout the dull stretches.

I wouldnt be surprised if he's different from the 15 yr old IGNer, but I still highly doubt his authenticity.

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Please don't post things like this. Buuuut..... There's a guy on Gamespot giving "Daily Updates" that are supposedly leaks, but there are the jaded disillusioned who believe no one that fails to have proof( i.e. people with logic), and gullible people who think he is legit(i.e. everyone else). I happen to follow Jim Raynor, If anyone gets the ref (it's kinda vague though).

That about sums it up.

Thanks. I really appreciate it. Too bad that when a games get this hot, rumors start flying...

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Back in Bible days, if a prophet claimed he was telling the truth, but turned out to be wrong, he was executed by stoning to death.

For the sake of Brawl and the many BSers like this guy out there, I say we bring this practice back.
Yes, I'm quoting myself because this comment was buried by hundreds of other posts, and seemingly ignored (though those of you who cited it, rock on!). Anyways, there was a serious point to what was said IN said quote. Though I am kidding about condoning the execution of false "prophets," I DO think there should be some form of punishment for those who claim to be 'in the know'. I don't know exactly WHAT it could be (perhaps some sort of fine or something. Doesn't this count as slander, or whatever the other one is?), but if there was such a thing, it'd stop these prophets in a hurry.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Yes, I'm quoting myself because this comment was buried by hundreds of other posts, and seemingly ignored (though those of you who cited it, rock on!). Anyways, there was a serious point to what was said IN said quote. Though I am kidding about condoning the execution of false "prophets," I DO think there should be some form of punishment for those who claim to be 'in the know'. I don't know exactly WHAT it could be (perhaps some sort of fine or something. Doesn't this count as slander, or whatever the other one is?), but if there was such a thing, it'd stop these prophets in a hurry.
Preach it, brother.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
I find it quite odd that he reveals info in daily leaks. Actually, I find it stupid, but I can't know for sure if he's right or wrong which is why I take everything with a grain of salt.

Most of these prophets are probably fake but there should be at least one who is right. We have to survive these two weeks. Two more ****ed weeks. :p

Edit: Raynor here.
Go ahead commander.

Well, while i don't believe in the guy, i do believe that it could be a coincidence... Why? well, there are others thealmightygoat in the internet =/ lets see...

There is also the 15 yo kid, and the one in Gamespot... While I don't believe in any of these "prophets", we do have to think outside the box =/ it could be a coincidence, who knows? right now there is no prove that they are the same thealmightygoat (however, that is a possibility).
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his credibilty?"
"Noobs made it OVER 9000!!!!"
"WHAT!? There's no way he could be right!!"

Thanks. I really appreciate it. Too bad that when a games get this hot, rumors start flying...
No prob. Just make sure to read the topic before posting next time.

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
It looks like he put his denial in his blog:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

Unbelievable...

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=928518&topic=40668019

I saw this and flipped out. Everything I have ever said is now discredited. Please, don't believe this. I'll have more on it tomorrow, but let me make it clear: I have no IGN profile. I live in the US, not Britain. It's just a coincidence, a major one, yes, but a coincidence. Updates will resume as planned, but it looks like in the eyes of everyone, they'll be a lot less believable. I'll still post them for those of you that stand by me. Your gain. But no one will know for sure now until Brawl comes out. Fantastic. I wouldn't just do this to screw around with everyone.

More on this tomorrow....I don't even know what to say....
Coincidence or denial...

Zevox

Smash Lord

Precisely. As-is, there is no proof of anything, neither that he is telling the truth nor that he is a fake; nor as to whether he and the IGN poster by the same screen name are the same person or not; and there is no real evidence either way for any of it.

As far as I'm concerned, he bears reading, if only because the ideas he is posting are quite interesting. If he turns out to be real, so much the better. If not, at least he provides some entertainment for a while, no different than anyone posting suggestions for what kind of things may be in the game as a speculative matter on these boards. Just remain skeptic of him and there shouldn't be any problem.

Zevox

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
Given the circumstances... I'm still going to keep reading. There's still a chance he's not a fake. And when the game is released, we'll find out whether or not he's telling the truth.

I don't want to be like the people who flamed the melee leak and got owned, so I'll just stay neutral and at the edge of my seat.

MarvinTPA

Smash Cadet
wait...
Wasn't metal gear rex the huge thing in the background of Snake's stage?
I've never played Metal gear...
But i do remember Sakurai said the thing in the back was metal gear something...

ChrisZ

Smash Cadet
Anyone else just following these rumors just so when the game comes out, we can see who has the bragging rights to say, "I told you so."?

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
yeah.... contrary to the fact I just put him down, I never emailed him (that's not my thing) and yeah I'm willing to read over his ideas, fake or not. They sound kool and plausible at least.

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Gotta say, that I didn't know that such a place existed of players that discuss this game in groups. I thought I was a lone survivor of this game and it's tactics. I'm so glad that I was informed of this site, and the people that talk here. Whether they are the strongest or the weakest, I look forward to fighting you all when brawl comes out.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Anyone else just following these rumors just so when the game comes out, we can see who has the bragging rights to say, "I told you so."?
Honestly, no one's really going to give a f*** about these prophets or bragging rights when Brawl comes out.

Shuma

Smash Hero
I remember that "theallmigthygoat" is a cheat code in a game, i honestly don't remember wich one, so it's not weird to see people with the username, besides. It sounds kewl.

mushroomedmario

Smash Cadet
there's a mushroomedmario on gonintendo

and if it is a cheat code, than i don't doubt the coincidence at all

smashvillain18

Smash Cadet
Honestly, no one's really going to give a f*** about these prophets or bragging rights when Brawl comes out.
Agreed. I'm only interested in the fights that i've been wating for. Battling players around the world, throught my living room. Sure lag is to be expected in certain countries, but I don't know if I'll even go that far.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Everybody says we'd be seeing leaks soon with the release fast approaching, but when they appear they are immediately shot down. I'm not saying that I believe them %100, and I know it's hard to believe a leak when so many before it have been outright lies, but I believe this person deserves the benefit of the doubt.

I'll continue reading.
That's a wonderful point. This person is being careful...whether (s)he's a faker or leaker remains to be seen, but I'll keep reading like some of the rest of you.

Rhyme? RHYME! RHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYME! I haven't seen you in ages, my friend! How the heck are ya? Good to see you posting again. :grin:

I, too, am more inclined to believe thealmightygoat than the other "prophets" and "leakers," and you bring up a valid point. At least this one has the nerve to put their information out there--false or not--along with his / her reputation. And at the very least, it's entertaining. :chuckle:
Awe...your reaction makes mine pitiful ((in/by)?) comparison.

I'm fine, but this is hardly the place for re-introductions.

Why should we believe this guy? At least that guy who predicted the Dragoon parts got something right. So, even though that guy could still be lying too, at least he has some credibility.
I might start believing in both of them, which sucks because they've both said things that I don't want to hear. Each of the leakers seems to have their own reasons for being trusted/believed despite the overwhelming prejudice they're facing.

If he did in fact have some secret source, and is receiving info on Brawl, don't you think the wise thing to do would be to give as much information as possible at one time, and provide some sort of evidence?
Providing sources gets others taken down with you, but denying them covers the chain and protects the suppliers. Still, you're right; why not all at once? I'm thinking that Nintendo would search for "leaked" information through keywords, and having fewer of them per post would reduce the chances of detection. Or...everyone likes attention, maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe (s)he's getting bit by bit ahead of time like our friend Nate Bilghdorf (hope I spelt his name correctly) and that's why the leaks come in pieces. I'm sure that you've realized by this point in my post that I don't have the slightest clue myself; all I'm saying is that there probably is a reason.

This guy is worth a few laughs, and it would be interesting if his "prophecy" came true, but unlike the "Dragoon prophet", this guy hasn't given us a single logical reason to take him any more seriously than all the other ones. Let's be a little less gullible, people.
Wow...way to kill my good time. Sure there's plenty of good reason to discard this person as a fake, but you don't have to belittle trusting individuals in the process.

A critical hit! It's super effective!

thealmightygoat has fainted! Do you want to switch Leakémon?
:chuckle:

Kudos goes to Voyager for disconfirming thealmightygoat!

Oh, you are SO bad... :laugh:

Well, one down; all in all, it's a good start!
LMAO.

Good for "him"?

If he was proven to be fake it would have been more likely that he would run away and hide in shame. I personally think the nature of his responce increases the chances of him being the real thing, but only a little.

If he is a fake, I do like his style.
I believe that I commented on his style in my first post - I agree with you. Either this person is truthfully sticking up for themself or they know how to convince us that's what they're doing. Psychology, people; act like you would if you were innocent to cover up that you are not.

It looks like he put his denial in his blog:

http://www.gamespot.com/users/thealmightygoat/

Coincidence or denial...
Lol. The more you cite convenient sources to support thealmightygoat's innocence, the more suspicious your actions become. Is this what you want us to believe? Are you this person who you're trying to defend? If you'd like to discuss your opinion on the goat's validity then you're welcome to do so, but it's my belief that you're taking it a nibble too far.

Given the circumstances... I'm still going to keep reading. There's still a chance he's not a fake. And when the game is released, we'll find out whether or not he's telling the truth.

I don't want to be like the people who flamed the melee leak and got owned, so I'll just stay neutral and at the edge of my seat.
Haha. Way to remain un-blammably neutral. How decisive of you. : D

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Lol. The more you cite convenient sources to support thealmightygoat's innocence, the more suspicious your actions become. Is this what you want us to believe? Are you this person who you're trying to defend? If you'd like to discuss your opinion on the goat's validity then you're welcome to do so, but it's my belief that you're taking it a nibble too far.
Hey now, I'm neutral. I'm taking a wait and see approch.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I've taken it a step further:

a Ridley supporter flammed me for arguing that Dark Samus would make a better choice. I saved his user name and Wii # so that, on the off-chance DS makes the game and Ridley gets ATefied, I can have my moment of glory. ^^

AdmantNESS: Fair enough. I'm just letting you know my thoughts on your actions so you can make a well-informed decision on whether or not to continue.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
I'm not going to quote the entirety of your post Rhyme ... but you had a LOT of good points.

I just don't want to end up flaming something that could be true and get my *** handed to me by Sakurai. Not that I have any desire to flame the information, and not that I believe it fully, but after what happened with Melee, I've learned to have an open mind to all seemingly legitimate information, official or otherwise.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
His logic about the SSB hidden characters makes sense, but the rest is is hazy.
He says, "...I've been told" alot, making believing him difficult.
Although there is a chance of credibility in these articles, it is very slim.
This guy has in no way affiliated himself in any way with some sort of company (possibly by request), and indeed is very vague.
From studying trends in the official DOJO updates and prior knowledge of the SSB series one could very easily blend together a string of seemingly real updates.
I'll remain on the skeptical side for this one, I'm not going to trust something that uncertain.
^ ~

Side note: - -|| Getting tired of these prophets, sick of these threads claiming to hold unreleased info. . .

DiscoShark

Smash Apprentice
I've said this once before and I'll say it again. If there is ANY company in the gaming business that knows how to keep a secret, it's Nintendo. Out of the hundreds of blogs that popped up concerning the revolutionary aspects of the Revolution (code name for the Wii before its unveiling, for those who didn't know) how many of them were actually correct? I'll make it easy for you: None of them were. I find it extremely unlikely that actual information concerning this game was somehow "leaked" to the general public.

Though, for the sake of argument, I do find theallmightygoat's blog entertaining to say the least. It's a nice compilation of aspects of the game that are possible. He has come with some fairly bold predictions however, Captain Falcon appearing on the Dojo will immediately disprove him. If he's faking this he might have just dug himself a hole if Charizard's up smash is different or Luigi still has the same moves as Mario (minus vacuum which is pretty safe to consider in the game) . It's hard however to take a 15 year old seriously.

Shuma

Smash Hero
a Ridley supporter flammed me for arguing that Dark Samus would make a better choice.
It's like Saying Wario would be a better Mario villain than Bowser. Yeah, i'm sorry to confirm what that Ridley supporter said, you're wrong. And Ridley will never be ATified, Boss maybe. But AT? ha.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
It's like Saying Wario would be a better Mario villain than Bowser. Yeah, i'm sorry to confirm what that Ridley supporter said, you're wrong. And Ridley will never be ATified, Boss maybe. But AT? ha.
I don't think Rhyme being right or wrong was the point of what they were saying. Anyway, I hope Ridley is playable too. Now back to our regularly scheduled leak.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
however, you have to agree that if you take away the fact we have Zamus, DS does make a much more valid and believable choice for smash than ridley is, for a PC that is offcourse.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Awe...your reaction makes mine pitiful ((in/by)?) comparison.

I'm fine, but this is hardly the place for re-introductions.

Providing sources gets others taken down with you, but denying them covers the chain and protects the suppliers. Still, you're right; why not all at once? I'm thinking that Nintendo would search for "leaked" information through keywords, and having fewer of them per post would reduce the chances of detection. Or...everyone likes attention, maybe that has something to do with it? Maybe (s)he's getting bit by bit ahead of time like our friend Nate Bilghdorf (hope I spelt his name correctly) and that's why the leaks come in pieces. I'm sure that you've realized by this point in my post that I don't have the slightest clue myself; all I'm saying is that there probably is a reason.

LMAO.
'Twould be "by comparison," but I don't think so! Your reaction was fine by me. :grin: Haha, and I'm glad that I could make you laugh!

It's actually "Bihldorff," just so you know. Your hypotheses are plausible--after all, a leak all at once would be a bombshell, and much easier to track than a slip of the tongue here or there. If the information comes out bit by bit, it is more likely to go unnoticed by those in power.

Anti Guy

Couch Tomato
BRoomer
NNID
CouchTomato87
Yawn. I think we should just keep a list of all these "leakers," wait till the game comes out in Japan, then find out who's been naughty and nice... and whoever was wrong about that person can get put on public display and be humiliated. :D

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Yawn. I think we should just keep a list of all these "leakers," wait till the game comes out in Japan, then find out who's been naughty and nice... and whoever was wrong about that person can get put on public display and be humiliated. :D
Agreed ^ ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom