• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaryk

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Aarykk
3DS FC
0834-3787-5311
well, theres only one way to tell if he's true.
wait till the game comes out!

I personally hope he's fake.
...calling NigHTS an assist trophy, will he?

EDIT: Heres what really makes me doubt him. So far, every boss fight we've seen/heard of has been mismatched universes. Kirby vs Petey, Fox vs Rayquaza. Now he's saying the PT boss fight is another trainer? i don't know about that, it sounds like he pulled that one out of his a$$. and music tomorrow w/ no mp3? Please.

phantomphungus

Smash Journeyman
Seriously, your logic makes absolutely no sense...people believe in stuff because it makes them feel good...people believe in God because it makes them feel good, and why shouldn't they?
Where your logic really fails, is this one:

You say that you can't believe in anything unless there is actual proof of it existing....BUT THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF BELIEVING!! If this world had all the facts about every possible thing, there wouldn't be anything to believe, because all is known......please think...
Here is the definition of ''Believing'':

''To have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so''

If you're sitting in class, and a teacher tells you something that isn't written in the book for that subject, wouldn't you believe it either?
Are you asking all of your teachers for their official papers, because you want proof that they are teachers?
Maybe the school isn't real, and you want the whole blueprint of the school?
Wait........is the blueprint real?

People who believe something are not stupid, people with closed minds and incorrect logic are stupid....

I think this guys information is pretty good, and I really think he has some sources or some connection....
And judging him by his way of ''speaking'' isn't really a clever thing to do, because you can not see sarcasm/truth/lies/hate or anything in his piece of text, you will need speech, volume and body language to notice if something is real or not, and even THAT won't always be precise...

''Well. where are those sources?'' you ask...''He is not real...No proof he's real...''

Well there is no proof he's fake either, so stop talking about real/unreal, because it is a closed case...I choose to THINK this guy is right, and no one can prove/disprove his credibility until Brawl comes out in Japan...
True-er words have never been spoken.

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
@ The Kirby Kong-

What a lot of these people, who are attacking you/"the second Dojo", are lacking is faith; putting trust into something that you have no physical/material proof.

Anyways, now if this guy puts on his site that Silver the Hedgehog is in, a bunch of unknown Japanese characters are in, or there is 65 playable characters then yeah I will laugh and say this guy is full of BS. As of right now I believe the guy.

Sure all of this stuff is common sense, but what isn't on these Boards? Come on, here on the Smash Boards we have listed every possibility for this game. There is going to be very few WTF updates, if any!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
havnt ppl learned from every past rumor in the past of gaming? without hard evidence, you cant believe this. u kno how easy it would be to fake?

edit: i just read his latest update and it starts to discredit him. its about the rival trainer. ppl just came up with the cool idea of a rival trainer here on smashboards yesterday. whos to say he didnt read that on here and make it an update.

Linkeatspie

Smash Apprentice
I say this guy is at least a lot more believable than the other ones, and his updates are actually sensical. I'm not saying I believe him on all accounts, but I'm sure at least some of the stuff he is saying is true. And even if it's not, it's a good read!

Senor Crouch

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I see your point ChiboSempai, but this doesn't seem like a normal rumor. I mean the majority of rumors I have seen so far have just said everything up front. Most of them have been either full of BS or have been sooo in-depth. Not to mention that these Prophets couldn't wait to tell people what the final roster is/drop a bombshell. This guy is pretty much doing the exact opposite of what the majority of Prophets have done so far.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Anyone here NOT like Family Guy? Good. Remember Tom Tucker's "upcomming" report on convenient television broadcasts? I was watching "Ghost in the Shell" last night; this episode had a cyber-hacker/terrorist who kidnapped the figurehead of a major corporation. The terrorist brought this leader before a television broadcast at gunpoint and threatened him on his life to fess-up to the public regarding company information. The figurehead remained calm, stating "Go ahead, shoot me.".

For those of you who didn't catch the relevance, the goat just threatened us with the thing we've been waiting for...a character roster. IE he/she is seriously lacking in leverage. This "prophet" is likewise NOT in a position to be issuing threats to his/her "followers" (and I use the term loosely). Making that claim only seems to discredit him or her.

I don't think it's enough to totally discredit this individual yet, but it's getting there. Maybe (s)he is lying, but that's no reason to assume that thealmightygoat is a phony until we've got hard evidence. It's a dark view of the world to look at everyone as guilty until proven innocent. As someone on this thread has said previously: how about giving this guy or girl the benefit of the doubt?

The only thing that this "prophet" still has going for them is the bitter spray from Pikman. Predicting such an obscure item just days before Pikman and Olimar are revealed seems almost too coincidental. Either way, I'm now leaning more towards falshood than fact with this one, but I'm not banging the gavell just yet.

(jkk)

Smash Cadet
I bet this is real. Its close enough to the release date to be true. I just wonder what conetion he has to the game to were he can get info like this. I can't wait what he has to say next to if this true. I want to believe there for I do....

deebz435

Smash Journeyman
I can see this guy being the real thing, because some of his statements don't seem too out there. However I remain skeptical like most and will wait until the game actually comes out to see if he was telling the truth. Regardless of whether he's full of crap or not I did think it was a good read and I'm going to continue to read his blog.

Black/Light

Smash Master
For those of you who didn't catch the relevance, the goat just threatened us with the thing we've been waiting for...a character roster. IE he/she is seriously lacking in leverage. This "prophet" is likewise NOT in a position to be issuing threats to his/her "followers" (and I use the term loosely). Making that claim only seems to discredit him or her.
Ummm, I don't think he tried to "threaten" us with the full roster. He has always said that he will NOT reveal new characters and so fare he has kept his word on that. He was more so saying that to show how upset he was with people trying to make him out to be a fake.

He would only be hurting himself if he revealed the full roster seeing as he probly was told not too do so by w/e source he may have. I believe him seeing as Serebii just indirectly confirmed his statement about Char's up B being not "Fly", not being "Siesmic toss" (2 things everyone thought it would be) but "air slash" which is a fairly shocking attack to those of us who talked about up B ideas.

FrogButler

Smash Journeyman
The only thing that this "prophet" still has going for them is the bitter spray from Pikman. Predicting such an obscure item just days before Pikman and Olimar are revealed seems almost too coincidental. Either way, I'm now leaning more towards falsehood than fact with this one, but I'm not banging the gavell just yet.
Here, here!

I completely agree. The bitter spray seems like the only real thing he seems to know for a fact.

Two Metal Gear bosses and Gary are just odd and Ray 01 I still think is playable.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
Well, good, continue to feel sorry for those. It won't change anything any way you spin it. Just because people continue to read his blog, doesn't mean that they believe it, it means that they're interested in it and it brings them entertainment. If you can't deal with that and want to force the idea onto them that it's likely fake (which they probably already know BTW!) then it's not really being the nicest person on the planet. Not to mention, it's more or less digging into people's skin, which isn't the best either.

I don't believe him, yet I still choose to read what he has to say. Who cares if he's a "fake"? In the end, it's all the same. We'll get Brawl information one way or the other, does it matter so much to you if others believe it and you don't? I know the feeling of wanting people not to believe something when it isn't true, but when it's things like this, it's always debatable.

Shouting "FAKE FAKE FAKE!" has never changed any one person's opinion, it just inclines them more to lean to that side and yet, still read what the person has to say. Shouting "FAKE FAKE FKAAAAAAAAKE!" every post is about the same as saying it in one post.
I enever said no one read his blog or everyone that does believes him. I'm saying those who think he's real shouldn't be so gullible. I shout fake because I think he's fake. What's wrong with that?

People tend to believes him for two weak reaosns. Because it's close to the release date (which is dumb beause we have 10 "insiders" a day posting fake info all over the place now), and because some of it doesnt seem to far out there. By that logic, if I said I had insider info that said Luigi and Falcon are coming back and said there will be a Kirby stage, would people really believe me just because it's seems likely?

Black/Light

Smash Master
I enever said no one read his blog or everyone that does believes him. I'm saying those who think he's real shouldn't be so gullible. I shout fake because I think he's fake. What's wrong with that?

People tend to believes him for two weak reaosns. Because it's close to the release date (which is dumb beause we have 10 "insiders" a day posting fake info all over the place now), and because some of it doesnt seem to far out there. By that logic, if I said I had insider info that said Luigi and Falcon are coming back and said there will be a Kirby stage, would people really believe me just because it's seems likely?
Actually,(Like I said earlier) I believe him because he said Char's Up B was air slash and, surely enuff, Serebii inderectly confirmed that. If you believe serebii has inside info than thats what results from it.

He hasn't revealed ONE new comer and his info seems very "non harmful" seeing as all he has done was upset those looking for Ray and CR to be characters.

Zek

Smash Ace
Yeah, I see your point ChiboSempai, but this doesn't seem like a normal rumor. I mean the majority of rumors I have seen so far have just said everything up front. Most of them have been either full of BS or have been sooo in-depth. Not to mention that these Prophets couldn't wait to tell people what the final roster is/drop a bombshell. This guy is pretty much doing the exact opposite of what the majority of Prophets have done so far.
Yeah, he's milking his five minutes of fame for all they're worth. How does that make him reputable? He knows how to make himself sound believable but he's yet to provide any solid evidence. Making up an in-depth leak or two every day isn't hard. Can you honestly say he's done anything that any ordinary guy with decent communication skills and a desire to fake insider info for kicks couldn't have done? Evidently all you have to do is put up your own blog and keep people chomping at the bit for more info every day and people will buy it hook, line and sinker.

He has said that this Saturday he'll be posting info on third party involvement, and has claimed that a related character will be announced on the Dojo very soon. If he's right about that then maybe he'll have something, though he could always just say it's Capcom and cross his fingers. Unfortunately by the time that can be proven wrong, say the end of next week, we'll be very close to knowing the truth anyway and he'll already have had his fun. I guess we'll just have to see.

skiks

Smash Cadet
I'll humor the guys posts. No skin off my back if he's a liar. I'll just take all his posts with a grain of salt.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
A hundred different Prophets
Making a thousand different prophecies
If one isn't correct I'll be surprisied

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
Epic

A hundred different Prophets
Making a thousand different prophecies
If one isn't correct I'll be surprisied

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Serebii said the Rival Trainer boss didn't agree with his sources...
Did he? Please link me to that. I know that he disconfirmed a supposed roster that included Rival Trainer as a playable character (he might have come out and said that the Rival Trainer will not be playable), but I don't recall him saying that his sources conflicted with having the Rival Trainer as a Boss.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
um hes lying he said he didnt know the whole roster yesterday now hes saying he would reveal it untill he saw olimar.. wtf?

Shuma

Smash Hero
um hes lying he said he didnt know the whole roster yesterday now hes saying he would reveal it untill he saw olimar.. wtf?
He said he whanted to reveal the roster, it doesn't mean that he knows it. besides, who gives a ****? it's fun to speculate.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
You don't have to shout to convince yourself. Most people do that just by thinking.

You have no inner monologue?
It's a FORUM. Am I supposed to not post my opinion on anything? We're here to discuss things related to Brawl and if I have an opinion on something I'd like to express, I see no reason that speaking it is wrong.

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
He said he whanted to reveal the roster, it doesn't mean that he knows it. besides, who gives a ****? it's fun to speculate.
That's a worse interpretation of words than all the Wario and Ness stuff. You honestly think he's aaying "I have leaked info and am so full of rage I just want to leak the roster. Even though I don't know it, I just wish I could because I'm so angry!".......

EDIT: Double Post FTL

Shuma

Smash Hero
"it doesn't mean that he knows it."

He could be lying, i don't care, i'm just playing the devil's advocate.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'm not entering into the debate, but I just find it really amusing that your typo is in bold. I lawled. :laugh:

JJJ.Brawler

Smash Ace
OK, yesterday he said he did not know the full roster:

"I don't know the full roster, so hopefully this sheds some new light on Ness fans."

Then today, he says this:

" I was planning on revealing the whole roster in my rage. But then I saw Olimar."

Uhh, doesn't this not make sense?

TidalSpiral

Smash Journeyman
It's hard to say for me at this point. As some have stated, he does not address epic topics (like the roster) but at the same time he says he's getting it from other sources - and other sources would have to be very careful with what they leak or else Nintendo could probably ruin them. So maybe they have the greenlight to give smaller details only and this guy is taking advantage of it.

I will say that his assist trophy descriptions seem sensible and descriptive enough to at least be well thought out. Also his Bitter Spray item is a LOT more plausible now that Olimar / Pikmin is revealed. I won't be heartbroken if he's a bag of lies but I'm more open to it than to the "Prepare to be astounded, my SSBB predictions!!!!!111!!ONE".

Agosta44

Smash Ace
I think he's legit still. He wanted to drop the roster bomb because of the whole British goat incident. I probably wouldve done the same thing and he done with it, instead of being harrasses for a month because I was posting "fake info"

Zek

Smash Ace
I think he's legit still. He wanted to drop the roster bomb because of the whole British goat incident. I probably wouldve done the same thing and he done with it, instead of being harrasses for a month because I was posting "fake info"
He said earlier he didn't know the whole roster. Then today he said he does and made up some stupid excuse about why he chose not to reveal it. Not to mention, his whole story was that his sources requested that he not reveal any newcomers, but he was about to do it anyway because he's annoyed that somebody else goes by his name? He's just toying with you guys, desperately trying to keep people on the hook for the next few weeks.

I don't claim to know for a fact that he's lying, I just think he's really fishy, and he still has absolutely no proof to back up his claims. It annoys me to see people believe him just because he posts new stories every day.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
If I was this goat and I felt the need to post anything, it be something more along the lines of: "Character Roster Confirmations Inside (SPOILER WARNING)!" and let people make their own decisions. Of course I'd prolly discuss with my friends and nothing further; that's just if I were to post. This person saying that they know the roster but is unwilling to reveal anybody makes me rather skeptical.

I'm still not convinced that (s)he's a liar just yet...only pointing out some of the facts which could potentially lead to that conviction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom