• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
You know you statement doesn't prove anything. If NiGHTS is an AT and if he works as a Final Smash, then he would not spawn if a Normal or Pity Final Smash is already active or on the field.
In other words, NiGHTS would work just like a Smash Ball and have a 0% chance to appear from an Assist Trophy when the Smash Ball or an Active/Passive Final Smash is in play.

Sorry but try again.
That's what I was going to say :)

If you turned smash balls off but AT's on then the NiGHTS At would have a 0% chance of showing up or would be pointless and not reward a smash ball..

Also how would this be too spacial? This is nothing the programers would've easily fixed that, also this is nintendo one of the top video game industrys in the world.. I'd think that there programers would be smart enough to program around that...don't you??

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
thats an easy one; if one is aware of one's self -of one's own thoughts-, then something must exist to to perpetrate the awareness. ;) Therefore, since I am aware of what I am thinking, I must exist to be thinking these thoughts.
That's a theory and a possible explanation, but it's not definite proof. ;)

But a better one is really "Are other people self aware?", because you can answer it for yourself, but how can you ever know about other people? heh.

Maybe they're just dummies that are put into this world to give you the idea that there's so much more. (Hint: The Truman Show) :D

EDIT: and as for the only absolute truth...
I dunno, but I'd guess it's that we can never know anything for sure. But that's kinda paradoxal. :p

gamer8

Smash Lord
Dr. Eggman is a boss, I knew it. Tortimers a boss?!!?! That's insane! He's not evil!

Edit: Nevermind I read he gets possessed by ganondorf.

Eszett

Smash Cadet
Can't say for sure if this guy is all there, but I sure hope he is - I love the stuff he's revealing.

That being said, though, I won't be disappointed if this turns out to be a farce.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Okay, to any nay-sayers. Stop right there.

Let's take it this guy is a complete fake. Would it make it less entertaining? Didn't we all anticipate on the next MOJO update (before that guy got lazy to update it)? Why is this any different? If people love to see these updates, then let them. It's at least better than just waking up, going to the DOJO and do nothing but discuss that update for the rest of the day, asides from the things you're supposed to do.

So, I'm all for this.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Fake or not his Subspace info sure is interesting. Mario & Olimar? Diddy & Samus? Sounds good to me.

LuLLo

Smash Ace
You say I'M illogical, but then you try to argue that it's ok to believe in something because "it makes you feel good". What kind of crap is that?! Believing in something does NOT make it a reality, regardless of how it makes you feel!
In school, I don't believe things just because the teacher says so. I believe because I understand the ideas, PROVEN FACTS and/or method behind the material.
There's is a big difference between being open-minded and being a gullible fool. Open-minded people consider all possiblities and factors before coming to a decision about something. However, gullible fools are the ones who believe things because "it makes them feel good" or "because it sounds right". And true believers don't believe in God because "it makes them feel good". They believe in Him because it provides an explanation and a meaning to life that other ideologies can't offer. There's also that little book called the BIBLE that they use to SUPPORT their beliefs. So-called Christians who don't understand what's in the Bible are weak at defending their faith when it is challenged because they don't even know why they believe in God.
You can't give me one sound reason why I or anyone else should take what this "leaker" says as fact. Don't give me your crap about what you think the meaning of "believing" is. You are a gullible fool if you would think that a person such as this, who is so much more likely a liar, is telling the truth. A reasonable person can see that he is just a kid looking for attention.
Why would a real leaker CARE about his credibility? With no way to prove that he's the real thing or not, he would just present all his facts and let people take it how they will. That's how the fabled "Melee" leaker did it. This guy, however, acts like a child when his credibility is compromised instead of just presenting the rest of his supposed info while people still care to listen to him.
Also, why the f*** would a member of the Brawl development team leak info to some guy so that he could leak it to the internet, DAY BY DAY, instead of just presenting it all at once personally if he REALLY wanted everyone to know? The game is about to freaking come out. What would he stand to gain from divulging company secrets? No matter what, leaking info on a game is illegal and he would be risking his own job and possibly criminal charges.
Do you really think Nintendo is so dumb? Do you really think that they would let such secrets leak out without promptly taking action? If this leak were real, you'd here about Nintendo striking down this guy and all of his associates with a big lawsuit.
Furthermore, this supposed leaker has already changed his position. One day he says he DOESN'T know the full roster. Then he says that a third-party character would be revealed by the end of the weak.
Last night, he says he's so enraged "he could reveal the whole roster".
But I thought he didn't know.
Now, he says that next week, we'll get 2 more newcomers and a third-party.
But I thought we were getting a third party THIS week? Switching your plan since Olimar's confirmation pretty much revealed your lies? Sounds like it to me.
I'm sure that people will STILL have faith in this guy despite all the evidence against him, but even if he turns about to be a TRUE prophet, it is STILL foolish to take him at his word for NO REASON at all because he "sounds good" or "hasn't been disproved yet".
Well some of your points are right, especially about the Goat, good thinking there, but my definition of ''believing'' was from a dictionary, want proof? Buy one and look it up...oh no, maybe the dictionary isn't real too!?!?!?!
And as the Kirby Kong said, believing is known to give a good feeling, we believe in something, EVEN sometimes in denial, just to make us feel good, it's a human emotion, just like love....
Do you know the exact description and meaning of love, do you know how to get the funny feeling in your belly when you're in love? Actually, nobody knows exactly, so you could say that love is not real, because there is no actual proof or explanation of why love is here in the first place...BUT we definitly FEEL it, and that's why there is love, because we believe in love, and love makes us FEEL GOOD.

Your whole analysis of the AlmightyGoat's text is pretty correct, that's for sure, but I still THINK that he does have some sort of source, and nobody here can confirm/disconfirm his credibility, unless the boss of Nintendo shows himself on TV and says the almightgoat is a fake, THEN he is not credible...understand?

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
There is an overwhelming number of people claiming that they have information, and more and more of it is beginning to contradict statements of others. They're weaving a tangled web.

With 2 weeks until release, we'll see shortly. Don't get too frazzled with the sudden emergence of these leaky people, it will all be over soon.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
if eggman is a boss, im hopeing we get to see some more sonic representation. tails as an AT and i really want knuckles to be playable
Why would Knuckles be playable when Tails isn't? That'd be like having Mario and Wario in the game, but no Luigi. Makes no sense to me.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Im irked by the fact that he doesn't want to spoil charachters but readily spoil the subspace emmisary. I want him to tell the charachters, but he's to smart to say something that will easily be disproved.

Drake3

Smash Ace
Ok so this I was planning on revealing the whole roster in my rage. leads me to believe that he's a fake.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Well, It seems like this guy can be debunked, thanks to the update he gave today...

He said "Tortimer" would be a boss, however this can not be true as it clashes with something Sakurai revealed on the dojo.

In the trophy stands update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea11.html

Sakurai states (near the bottom) that the only way to get Boss Trophies is by "capturing" them with the trophy stands.

But now lets look at the Coin launcher update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various20.html

Now if you look near the bottom, we can see that the Tortimer trophy is available through this mode, meaning Tortimer could not be a boss, as if he was he could not be won through this mode.

I'm not sure if this means he is lying about everything, but he is definitely lying about this...

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Well, It seems like this guy can be debunked, thanks to the update he gave today...

He said "Tortimer" would be a boss, however this can not be true as it clashes with something Sakurai revealed on the dojo.

In the trophy stands update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea11.html

Sakurai states (near the bottom) that the only way to get Boss Trophies is by "capturing" them with the trophy stands.

But now lets look at the Coin launcher update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various20.html

Now if you look near the bottom, we can see that the Tortimer trophy is available through this mode, meaning Tortimer could not be a boss, as if he was he could not be won through this mode.

I'm not sure if this means he is lying about everything, but he is definitely lying about this...
It could be that after you get the trophy through SSE you can then win it again using the coin launcher. I dunno, I wouldn't call shenanigans just yet.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
It could be that after you get the trophy through SSE you can then win it again using the coin launcher. I dunno, I wouldn't call shenanigans just yet.
Sakurai said:
Since you can’t get these trophies if you don’t have a trophy stand, pure skill is not enough—it requires a little luck, too.
Sakurai wouldn't jump to a conclusion like that, and if you wanted "another" trophy (for what reason I don't know) you would just catch it again as im sure the boss fight would still be there.

Azureclipse

Smash Cadet
Even if this guy is a fake, they're incredible ideas.

Possessed Tortimer? Badnik'd Bulbax? Yes please!

I just kinda hope he's wrong with the Ray 01 AT...well, if he's right with the rest of his stuff at least.

LKnight

Smash Cadet

There could easily be a "Possesed Tortimer" Trophy.

I'm liking this guys idea's, and I also believe he is probably the best insider so far.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, at this point we don't really know what a possessed Tortimer looks like at the moment... he could simply look pretty plain except for some evil eyes or he could have a really wicked mutation thanks to Ganondorf's magic. So at the moment a trophy based around him wouldn't be too impossible at this time.

I don't think this guy is for real at this moment, but I do have to give him a lot of credit, since he does have a lot of really nice ideas. A cursed Tortimer and a badnik-Bulbax sound like pretty spiffy ideas for bosses. You could kill two birds with one stone by merging franchises into bosses as well, so this guy could be onto something.

Ryu Phoenix

Smash Rookie
This "inside info" is the most believable thing I've seen yet. It's pretty enjoyable. The Subspace Emissary portions are especially good and I could see it happening. But who knows? We'll find out January 24th. ^_^

Frogla

Smash Ace

No dont doubt yourself your correct, Congratulations you have just beat this guy. :chuckle: DEBUNKED.

Trophies that were supposed to be obtained in Melee like Single Player (by achieving such things liike the Ice Climber trophy) could not be obtained thru lotterey. And is bound to work the same way. Boss charachters will be only obtainable that way im sure. And a possesed Tortimer i doubt would be a trophy.

AlmightGoat FALSE>

We also have seen the Petey Pirhana Trophy he has cages, The same charachter most likley wont have two trophy so Tortimer wont get too. His only trophy would come from his subspace representation.

ace_skoot

Smash Rookie
ummm

yeah i think you have a good point DeuceBlade that does seem odd, but to be honest 95% of all these profits predictions will turn out to be utter rubbish, it's still a lot of fun listening to what they say, gives us something else to do, when we run out of steam on the dojo updates.

2nd Stamp

Smash Ace
Good point, I like the possession idea anyway.
Come on, you know you are right.

Tortimer as a boss? What has become of SmashBoards?
He just named the easiest character to name that pair
up (Seen in the new trailer). And Ganondorf possesing
someone in Smashville, and something of Samus in a
boat, come on.

Fake fake f*cking fake.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman
No dont doubt yourself your correct, Congratulations you have just beat this guy. :chuckle: DEBUNKED.

Trophies that were supposed to be obtained in Melee like Single Player (by achieving such things liike the Ice Climber trophy) could not be obtained thru lotterey. And is bound to work the same way. Boss charachters will be only obtainable that way im sure. And a possesed Tortimer i doubt would be a trophy.

AlmightGoat FALSE>

We also have seen the Petey Pirhana Trophy he has cages, The same charachter most likley wont have two trophy so Tortimer wont get too. His only trophy would come from his subspace representation.
But there's no difference between a Smash Bros Petey pirhana and a Mario Sunshine Petey Pirhana. He's still a big slobbering Pirhana Plant that attacks people.

But if there WAS a Dark Tortimer, he would likely be entirely different from regular Tortimer, since Tortimer's role in Animal Crossing is entirely different from his (supposed) role in Subspace Emissary. I'm not saying I believe this guy, but your example isn't really evidence to prove him false.

The upside to all this, is his updates are getting more and more specific. So hopefully, it'll only take one Dojo update to either vindicate or debunk the shmuck.

Come on, you know you are right.

Tortimer as a boss? What has become of SmashBoards?
He just named the easiest character to name that pair
up (Seen in the new trailer). And Ganondorf possesing
someone in Smashville, and something of Samus in a
boat, come on.

Fake fake f*cking fake.
Yeah come on, I mean who could ever see Star Fox saving Diddy Kong from a Legendary Pokemon m i rite?!

The point is that ANYTHING is possible in SSE. We've already seen how rediculous the scenarios can get. You can't just rule something out because it doesn't sound right. This is Sakurai we're talking about. Also, which trailer are you talking about? I've only seen Diddy Kong paired with Fox, not Samus.

Shuma

Smash Hero
About the Trophy thing, did Sakurai say you cound only get Boss trophies in SE? Or that if you whanted to get the trophy in SE(being easier, since it's not based on luck) you have to use the throphy stand?

I think that Sakurai simply meant that the only way to get a boss trophy in SE is to use the trophy stand, not it's the only way to get the trophy.

Thee Incubus

Smash Journeyman
Maybe there is a Tortimer trophy and a Possesed Tortimer trophy?

There were many variations of trophies of the same characters in melee....

5@/\/\U5

Smash Apprentice
while im not inclined to believe this guy and his wacky SSE theories, theyare certainly entertaining. and hey, they seem bizarre, but a couple months ago if you had told me that diddy kong and fox would team up to battle a pokemon I would've shipped you off to a mental ward

Eagle-Eye

Smash Rookie
Fake fake fake, and when this guy is officially without a doubt proven to be a liar, he'll just claim his "sources" misinformed him.

Frogla

Smash Ace
But there's no difference between a Smash Bros Petey pirhana and a Mario Sunshine Petey Pirhana. He's still a big slobbering Pirhana Plant that attacks people.

But if there WAS a Dark Tortimer, he would likely be entirely different from regular Tortimer, since Tortimer's role in Animal Crossing is entirely different from his (supposed) role in Subspace Emissary. I'm not saying I believe this guy, but your example isn't really evidence to prove him false.

The upside to all this, is his updates are getting more and more specific. So hopefully, it'll only take one Dojo update to either vindicate or debunk the shmuck.

Yeah come on, I mean who could ever see Star Fox saving Diddy Kong from a Legendary Pokemon m i rite?!

The point is that ANYTHING is possible in SSE. We've already seen how rediculous the scenarios can get. You can't just rule something out because it doesn't sound right. This is Sakurai we're talking about.

Yes but the Mario Sunshine Petey doesnt get a trophy, the Subspace one with the cages does. As you can see petey is holding 2 cages from his story part. If Tortimer had a story bosspart thats where his trophy would be. And if he was possesd once you killed/trophied him he'd be regular Tortimer anyway. Thats how possiesions work.

Great Example Dark Samus in Prime 3.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Since im sure someones already responding to my above post no reason to edit

I’ll make it so you’ll somehow be allowed to fight the bosses even after you’ve already cleared the game, so it’s OK if you don’t hunt all these trophies down in the first battle.

He wouldnt make you fight them again if you could get them in lotterey.

Jenkins: Spy Monkey

Smash Journeyman

Yes but the Mario Sunshine Petey doesnt get a trophy, the Subspace one with the cages does. As you can see petey is holding 2 cages from his story part. If Tortimer had a story bosspart thats where his trophy would be. And if he was possesd once you killed/trophied him he'd be regular Tortimer anyway. Thats how possiesions work.

Great Example Dark Samus in Prime 3.
What I said was you only need 1 trophy for Petey because Petey Pihrana in both SSE and Mario Sunshine are the same character. You could describe him both in his game appearances as well as his Subspace role. You can't do the same for Tortimer if there is some sort of Shadow Tortimer.

And yeah he would return to normal after the fight but that doesn't mean you couldn't capture him as a trophy in his shadow form. You just work his health down, chuck the stand, collect the trophy, and then a cutscene of him returning to normal. It's not that farfetched ( I mean it is in the sense that Ganondorf is using Animal Crossing characters to do his evil bidding, but you know what I mean.)

Frogla

Smash Ace
What I said was you only need 1 trophy for Petey because Petey Pihrana in both SSE and Mario Sunshine are the same character. You could describe him both in his game appearances as well as his Subspace role. You can't do the same for Tortimer if there is some sort of Shadow Tortimer.

And yeah he would return to normal after the fight but that doesn't mean you could capture him as a trophy in his shadow form. You just work his health down, chuck the stand, collect the trophy, and then a cutscene of him returning to normal. It's not that farfetched ( I mean it is in the sense that Ganondorf is using Animal Crossing characters to do his evil bidding, but you know what I mean.)
Still my point stands there is more against this guy now than there is for him.

Rival Trainer was deconfirmed and then magically he says he diddnt post it
And now Tortimer which in my opinion not going to happen.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I think my debunking of this guys is correct, his Tortimer idea clashes with the logic given by the Dojo and Sakurai, this guy is fake.

The only people who now on believe him just want to hope that his ideas are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom