• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Samus and diddy get a lifeboat, from another famous boat... any famous boats in nintendo? KING OF RED LIONS!

WW LINK YEAHUZZ!!

anyway I wont believe anything unless what he said about fridays update is true, with a TRIPLE update, I gotta say that a bold statement, highly unlikely, but lets see what happens...

gamer8

Smash Lord
Well, It seems like this guy can be debunked, thanks to the update he gave today...

He said "Tortimer" would be a boss, however this can not be true as it clashes with something Sakurai revealed on the dojo.

In the trophy stands update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/modea/modea11.html

Sakurai states (near the bottom) that the only way to get Boss Trophies is by "capturing" them with the trophy stands.

But now lets look at the Coin launcher update: http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/gamemode/various/various20.html

Now if you look near the bottom, we can see that the Tortimer trophy is available through this mode, meaning Tortimer could not be a boss, as if he was he could not be won through this mode.

I'm not sure if this means he is lying about everything, but he is definitely lying about this...
Actually, if the boss was just called "possesed tortimer" he could still be a boss, since the appearance could change a bit, the trophies could both be different.

Lone Spectator

Smash Apprentice
Actually, if the boss was just called "possesed tortimer" he could still be a boss, since the appearance could change a bit, the trophies could both be different.
Like I said, it would be pointless for 2 Tortimer trophys to exist since he's not important at all to recieve that honor.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
Well, today's "update" of Almighty Goat baffled people when he said Tortimer is a boss. But here is the contradiction.

In the trophy stand update, Sakurai says this:

"Since you can’t get these trophies if you don’t have a trophy stand, pure skill is not enough—it requires a little luck, too."

Not "up until now" crap. He actually says "You CAN'T". You can't get the Boss trophys without the Trophy Stand.

No, go to the Coi Launchr update:

Tortimer is caught with the Coin Launcher. So he can't be a boss.

Almighty Goat is fake.
Umm, the appearance could change...? He could be a different trophy. Other trophies have been like that, just look at all of the mario and link trophies in melee. Their appearance changed but it was still link and Mario... :/

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah tortimer can become, IDK Shadow tortimer? just like how bowser and giga bowser had diferent trophys in melee, but they were the same character, the only diference is that giga bowser was a triggered effect by a thunder, making him all evil lookin... just like in real life...

Puffs

Smash Ace
There'll probably be a separate trophy for Puppet Zelda, simply for nostalgic purposes. But this seems very, very obscure. He's pushing it with these "leaks."

Guru_The1nOnly

Smash Cadet
There could be multiple ways to get a trophy? I don't really beleive goat much but this arguement isnt enough to debunk him.

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
The Torimer thing really hurts his credibility, but it's not enough on its own to prove him false. That said, in all likelihood he is.

I'm gonna wait for this to develop more before I pass judgement

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
I don't see why Samus has 2 trophies now if Tortimer has 1.

Why does Samus need Fusion version? It should be taken down because it's just another version of samus.

if Tortimer has a shadow version Tortimer can have 2 trophies one would just say "Evil Tortimer" or whatever.

C.Olimar788

Smash Ace
That's pushing it. ALOT. Tortimer is an un-important character in terms of Smash. If he were to be a boss, his boss trophy would be his only one. Why give him 2 trophys? It would be pointless.
I wouldn't say so. What if Tortimer appears in the background of Smashville? Well, Sakurai's already practically said that he would have trophies for background characters: "Take a look at [the Trophies], for example, if you want to learn more about a character you saw in the background in Smash." Even if he's not, why not have a trophy for the boss, explaining the boss, and a trophy for the normal character, explaining what the character did in the Animal Crossing games? It makes sense, does it not? And besides, we have a separate trophy for the sliding boxes and the normal boxes. There are going to be a MASSIVE amount.

...I can't wait. XD

Stryks

Smash Hero
Anyone else found the "the lifeboat is given by a famous boat" or something like that thing interesting? king of red lions fo sho

WW LINK FOR BRAWL!

Bob Dole for Brawl

Smash Rookie
anyway I wont believe anything unless what he said about fridays update is true, with a TRIPLE update, I gotta say that a bold statement, highly unlikely, but lets see what happens...
Are you an idiot? He was talking about his own updates he said he has a special one for Friday then says it will be a triple update. I don't mean to be a ******* but come on read 2 sentences. And so it's absolutely clear he says, "It'll be a triple update, and I'll talk about some of the game modes in Smash". So unless he's Sakurai he wasn't talking about the dojo.

sheep dude

Smash Cadet
this was posted by theallmigthygoat at gamespot:

I've been notified of an interesting point in today's update by a fellow member of Gamespot...
The Tortimer trophy has been revealed on Dojo in the Coin Launcher, yet it is also said that bosses in SSE can only be gotten through a trophy stand.

Well here's my answer: there are two separate Tortimer trophies. The second, entitled "Tortimer II," shows him in his possessed state. This can be gotten in SSE, but the other in the Coin Launcher. Hope that clears things up for those of you who are confused.

that his response

Stryks

Smash Hero
Are you an idiot? He was talking about his own updates he said he has a special one for Friday then says it will be a triple update. I don't mean to be a ******* but come on read 2 sentences. And so it's absolutely clear he says, "It'll be a triple update, and I'll talk about some of the game modes in Smash". So unless he's Sakurai he wasn't talking about the dojo.
1.- Dont be an *******, saying "hey dude ur wrong" or "I think u misunderstood what he said" is way better than "Are you an idiot?", good 1st impression man[/sarcasm]

2.- it can be understood in many ways: It'll be a triple update (he could mean in his site thingy or the dojo, from what I remember he never said which) and I'll talk about some of the game modes in smash(this could an extra info he'll give us apart of the whole triple update, hes getting the info from somewhere, and could possibly know the order of the next updates, its not as farfetched as it sounds)"

3.- good day

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Ok, if you don't believe this guy, then instead of ranting about him being fake and trying to disprove him with little evidence, just think of it as the MOJO update. This way you can see what someone "thinks" its going to be and if he is wrong, THEN you can go, "OMG I LOL AT YOU I WIN!!1!" But until then, just keep it to making jokes about if they were true and make them funny instead of having everyone argue about whether its true or not.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
Anyone else found the "the lifeboat is given by a famous boat" or something like that thing interesting? king of red lions fo sho

WW LINK FOR BRAWL!
Definitely SS Anne from Pokemon. That was the first thing I thought. Though King of Red Lions and Kappa's Boat are both possible, though both are small, too small to carry a lifeboat/ inflatable raft.

TBL_Luis

Smash Apprentice
Thats a good argument, but as has been said, its not enough to debunk TheAlmightyGoat just yet, we need to wait for the Charizard thing, that will most likely debunk him or show that he's been telling the truth :D

LeuMasT

Smash Apprentice
The boat could easily be anything from the SS Anne to the Gangplank Galleon.

WiiPlaya77

Smash Cadet
lol, well i mean, what are the options for his up-b anyway, it's inevitably something very close to what he said...this will continue to drag out..

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
People. Stop discussing why this is or isn't BS. This really doesn't matter. Instead, look forward to further CoroCoro translations as well as the upcoming Brawl demo on Sunday and next week's Famitsu. Those are the things that really mean something.

Black/Light

Smash Master
lol, well i mean, what are the options for his up-b anyway, it's inevitably something very close to what he said...this will continue to drag out..
I don't think so. He named a NAME and theres a crap load of other attacks he could do. He said air slash and that it's a Fox Up B rip. . . if it' fly or that toss crap than he is debunked completely. He can say w/e he wants but much like with the FFS guy no one will believe him if he is officially deconfirmed.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
That's really interesting, whether it's true or not, I'll definitely be reading daily.

He may be right, but if he's not, I admire his creativity! I LOVE his ideas, the sound....real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom