• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Second Dojo (DEBUNKED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmatorture

Smash Journeyman
The thing that concerns me most is that his reaction to the IGN account is exactly how a 15-year-old would act.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
The thing that concerns me most is that his reaction to the IGN account is exactly how a 15-year-old would act.
Not to mention... he could have planned a security net, or expected some of this, to try and cover himself up. He could have done it on purpose to get people to be sort of "against him" and still claim to be a different person. It's all falling into place for him.

But the doubling up on "I'm gonna reveal it all!" and the "I don't know the whole thing".... he'd argue the only reason that he said he doesn't know all the roster is because he simply wanted people not to badger him.

I think we're going to get the real leak soon, with "SPOILERS" in the title. I haven't been keeping score, but not many of these people with these "inside sources" have been putting SPOILERS in their title. But now that I mention it, each and every one will.....................

:psycho:

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Seriously, your logic makes absolutely no sense...people believe in stuff because it makes them feel good...people believe in God because it makes them feel good, and why shouldn't they?
Where your logic really fails, is this one:

You say that you can't believe in anything unless there is actual proof of it existing....BUT THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF BELIEVING!! If this world had all the facts about every possible thing, there wouldn't be anything to believe, because all is known......please think...
Here is the definition of ''Believing'':

''To have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so''

If you're sitting in class, and a teacher tells you something that isn't written in the book for that subject, wouldn't you believe it either?
Are you asking all of your teachers for their official papers, because you want proof that they are teachers?
Maybe the school isn't real, and you want the whole blueprint of the school? Wait........is the blueprint real?

People who believe something are not stupid, people with closed minds and incorrect logic are stupid....

I think this guys information is pretty good, and I really think he has some sources or some connection....
And judging him by his way of ''speaking'' isn't really a clever thing to do, because you can not see sarcasm/truth/lies/hate or anything in his piece of text, you will need speech, volume and body language to notice if something is real or not, and even THAT won't always be precise...

''Well. where are those sources?'' you ask...''He is not real...No proof he's real...''

Well there is no proof he's fake either, so stop talking about real/unreal, because it is a closed case...I choose to THINK this guy is right, and no one can prove/disprove his credibility until Brawl comes out in Japan...
You say I'M illogical, but then you try to argue that it's ok to believe in something because "it makes you feel good". What kind of crap is that?! Believing in something does NOT make it a reality, regardless of how it makes you feel!
In school, I don't believe things just because the teacher says so. I believe because I understand the ideas, PROVEN FACTS and/or method behind the material.
There's is a big difference between being open-minded and being a gullible fool. Open-minded people consider all possiblities and factors before coming to a decision about something. However, gullible fools are the ones who believe things because "it makes them feel good" or "because it sounds right". And true believers don't believe in God because "it makes them feel good". They believe in Him because it provides an explanation and a meaning to life that other ideologies can't offer. There's also that little book called the BIBLE that they use to SUPPORT their beliefs. So-called Christians who don't understand what's in the Bible are weak at defending their faith when it is challenged because they don't even know why they believe in God.
You can't give me one sound reason why I or anyone else should take what this "leaker" says as fact. Don't give me your crap about what you think the meaning of "believing" is. You are a gullible fool if you would think that a person such as this, who is so much more likely a liar, is telling the truth. A reasonable person can see that he is just a kid looking for attention.
Why would a real leaker CARE about his credibility? With no way to prove that he's the real thing or not, he would just present all his facts and let people take it how they will. That's how the fabled "Melee" leaker did it. This guy, however, acts like a child when his credibility is compromised instead of just presenting the rest of his supposed info while people still care to listen to him.
Also, why the f*** would a member of the Brawl development team leak info to some guy so that he could leak it to the internet, DAY BY DAY, instead of just presenting it all at once personally if he REALLY wanted everyone to know? The game is about to freaking come out. What would he stand to gain from divulging company secrets? No matter what, leaking info on a game is illegal and he would be risking his own job and possibly criminal charges.
Do you really think Nintendo is so dumb? Do you really think that they would let such secrets leak out without promptly taking action? If this leak were real, you'd here about Nintendo striking down this guy and all of his associates with a big lawsuit.
Furthermore, this supposed leaker has already changed his position. One day he says he DOESN'T know the full roster. Then he says that a third-party character would be revealed by the end of the weak.
Last night, he says he's so enraged "he could reveal the whole roster".
But I thought he didn't know.
Now, he says that next week, we'll get 2 more newcomers and a third-party.
But I thought we were getting a third party THIS week? Switching your plan since Olimar's confirmation pretty much revealed your lies? Sounds like it to me.
I'm sure that people will STILL have faith in this guy despite all the evidence against him, but even if he turns about to be a TRUE prophet, it is STILL foolish to take him at his word for NO REASON at all because he "sounds good" or "hasn't been disproved yet".

Boofer

Smash Ace
thealmightygoat apologizes for having false info:

thealmightygoat said:
It appears I have been misinformed. Allow me to explain:

About five days ago, I received a letter from a man claiming to know one of my sources. It must have been a lucky guess on his part as to the origin of the source, and he said he knew info as well. He was a liar. I cannot reveal what his e-mail said, nor his address to protect his identity, but he claimed he knew of the Pokemon Rival boss and that there would be two more new characters on Dojo before the Japanese release:Ridley anda Clavatfrom Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. He also claimed to know of Super Mario Galaxy music that would be in the game. However, after seeing how far his info had gotten, he came forward and apologized. I, too, apologize. So I'm going to start over with today's update and present this piece of information I was planning to reveal Friday, which is in fact from a reliable source. To make sure no one else was tricking me, I double-checked my sources and how reliable they are. They are, in fact, still reliable, so thankfully no other information is false.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
thealmightygoat apologizes for having false info:
HA HA HA! OH WOW! How long is this guy going to carry on with this scheme? Now he makes some kind of formal apology to boost his credibility? Why not just reveal all the info at once and forget about whether people believe in him or not?
I hope, for his sake, that this is all true. If or when this crap is revealed to be a lie, the adamant, wishful fanboys who believed in him will retaliate against him with extreme prejudice.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Captain Falcon is coming back.
Luigi is returning.
There will be a new Pokémon stage.
Batman is in Brawl.

I'm a regular prophet. :laugh:

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I don't know what to believe any more.

I think the Animal Crossing boss would be Redd or Nook though. I hope it's not Nook, 'cos I want him playable :p

I just think I'll enjoy reading the updates. They're a bit of fun, but I don't "believe" them, so to speak.

Stalky

Smash Cadet
I completely don't know whether to believe this. I want to, but the lack of proof is just frustrating.

I have to say, I'm not sure whether I like his reveals on SSE bosses. Rival Trainer? Cool as hell, but seems to me that if he's going to be in as a boss, he might as well be playable as a clone. I do suppose this means I'll have to get an action replay so I can access all these bosses as playables.

Totally agree with this; exactly what I was thinking.

Afro Boy2000

Smash Journeyman
It makes no sense that this guy wont confirm any Big information (cut characters and the roster). He's only revealing little things here n there (subspace info). I dont think he realizes that either way if he's a fake he'll be find out anyway.

smashmv

Smash Apprentice
OK, yesterday he said he did not know the full roster:

"I don't know the full roster, so hopefully this sheds some new light on Ness fans."

Then today, he says this:

" I was planning on revealing the whole roster in my rage. But then I saw Olimar."

Uhh, doesn't this not make sense?
exactly what i said back a few pages

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Even if he's fake, his updates are good to look up to.
Playing against Gary would be awesome, although I'm cheesed off if HE get's MY favourite set of starters from pokemon -_-

Chi's Finest

Smash Lord
I think he's legit still. He wanted to drop the roster bomb because of the whole British goat incident. I probably wouldve done the same thing and he done with it, instead of being harrasses for a month because I was posting "fake info"
He said he didn't know the roster and then all of a sudden he says he knows it and wanted to reveal it in all his rage, which was just a funny line, IMO. Still, his posts contradict himself.

To people who say his updates are good to look at even though theyre fake: What's so great about his compared to any of the other people making all these fake stories?

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Because they'r not all about which characers are making it i, but about sse bsses and items (such athe furniture leaf and gary as a boss).

Frogla

Smash Ace
Fine enjoy this site more then the dojo just remember these are instant potatoes.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I never said I liked it more than the dojo. That'd be completely stupid.
Why are people against me if I think it's fake..

Frogla

Smash Ace
I never said I liked it more than the dojo. That'd be completely stupid.
Why are people against me if I think it's fake..
No ones against you, i also think people with goat in there names cant possibly leak info

Revven

FrankerZ
No ones against you, i also think people with goat in there names cant possibly leak info
And I also believe people with the name "Steve" in their username can't leak info, yet, it happened. :p (Referring to OtherSteve who leaked Melee's roster in case you didn't catch it).

I'm just poking fun, don't mind me. Just a harmless joke.

Wolverine2347

Smash Rookie
Call be a n00b all you like but:
I believe this guy. He seems to be a respectable person who still could be credible even if he reall is only 15 (which I dont think he is). I'm 18 now and I remember when I was 15 I was respectable enough to do such a thing he is doing.

I also feel really bad for this dude. All he is trying to is help us out and people are just hating on him like no other.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
He stated that somone joined IGN under his username and posted that he as 15 years old, although it wasn't acuallt him.

Tyrannotaur

Smash Ace
NNID
Tyrannotaur
3DS FC
1075-0952-5696
I enjoy his updates. I don't consider them official. Even if he is telling the truth I don't consider it legit until It's on the Dojo.

I'd really love for something he Posted to be on the Dojo. The Rival Trainer perhaps. Just to prove his truthfulness.

If he is lying (which I don't think he is), he is a very creative person. Alot of these things on the blog should be in the game. Very cool. Like the Animal Crossing Item he talks about. I never would have thought of that. Seems real to me. But with so many "prophets" out there it's hard to believe anything, so I understand if you guys call him fake or a liar. He seems to dislike being discredited by Forum posts. He should learn that this is to be expected with all these people out there claiming to have talked to Sakurai's Cousin or a guy who play tested the game or someone from Prima Strategy guides. I'd just really like for something he revealed to be on the dojo soon.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Well someone probly already mentioned this here but the fact that C. Falcon will be hidden explains why the Dojo hasn't annouced him yet.

Oh and in the latest upadat was he rvealing Ridley and Clavat or something?

I don't really know anything about Clavat, how come I get a Guy and a Girl Verion when I look him/her up on google

And if he right about all this I can't beleave Balloon fighter is a AT and not a character

Wolverine2347

Smash Rookie
He said that the Clavat and Ridley thing was false information that was given to him by some liar. If you read the post right.

Sairou

Smash Journeyman
Well someone probly already mentioned this here but the fact that C. Falcon will be hidden explains why the Dojo hasn't annouced him yet.

Oh and in the latest upadat was he rvealing Ridley and Clavat or something?

I don't really know anything about Clavat, how come I get a Guy and a Girl Verion when I look him/her up on google
That's because it's a generic race in the game Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. What he was saying was that the guy who gave him false info. about the rival trainer also gave him information on the 2 characters, meaning that those facts are most likely false as well. =D

Coselm

Smash Ace
Well since one of his sources lied to him, and the whole GameFAQS 15 year old British kid thing, this guy has basically lost all credibility. Not that he had much in the first place.

KJC2004

Smash Apprentice
Well since one of his sources lied to him, and the whole GameFAQS 15 year old British kid thing, this guy has basically lost all credibility. Not that he had much in the first place.
well said Coselm

im pretty much tired of this Prophetganda

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I agree, the prophet thing is so stupid. I do like his updates though, but I wouldn't consider him a prophet, mainly because prophets don't use sources.

Cosine

Smash Apprentice
Does it really matter if hes lieing or not, from what Ive seen he seems to be the accurate and the most interesting, I believe him

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman
You say I'M illogical, but then you try to argue that it's ok to believe in something because "it makes you feel good". What kind of crap is that?! Believing in something does NOT make it a reality, regardless of how it makes you feel!
Actually, it's been scientifically proven that believes like that give a genuine good feeling.

Just like how if you'd get a nice present, but suddenly someone says "oh, sorry, I have to deliver to the house next door", and then you say "oh, I didn't like it anyway".

People would expect that saying to be just a cover up to hide the dissappointment. But it's been proven that it's the real feeling.

Also, when you get dumped by a good looking girl, and find someone else that's less attractive... in your mind you'll make that new girl more attractive somehow. When people ask you if the previous girl wasn't better looking, you'd say no. Your mind has been convinced somehow. These "fake believes" actually deliver genuine feelings.

I would link to the source, but I'm afraid I forgot what site it was from.

Oh, and by the way, you still haven't answered my question on how you can prove your own existance. Or in your words... believing that you exist doesn't make it reality. ;)

tafutureboy

Smash Ace
he said a 3rd party boss.........even if hes lying, its still fun to read others predictions

remember, there was one "prophet" that was right for melee....maybe hes it for brawl

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
This guy sounds like he may have a source, but it's still too uncertain to name him a genuine leaker. To my knowledge, the only truly legit leak we've seen is from ChaosZero, albeit a small leak.

...Oh, and by the way, you still haven't answered my question on how you can prove your own existance. Or in your words... believing that you exist doesn't make it reality. ;)
thats an easy one; if one is aware of one's self -of one's own thoughts-, then something must exist to to perpetrate the awareness. ;) Therefore, since I am aware of what I am thinking, I must exist to be thinking these thoughts.

If you want a tricky one: Name the only absolute truth.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
Oh, and by the way, you still haven't answered my question on how you can prove your own existance. Or in your words... believing that you exist doesn't make it reality. ;)
I didn't regard that point because it was ridiculous and has nothing to do with what I'm talking about. I'm saying that it is naive to believe in something just because of how it makes you feel. Then you say I should prove my existence. The fact that I am, the fact that I perceive myself and the fact that I can be perceived proves my existence. Even if this world is just a dream and even if it is a figment in the imagination of some superior being, it all can be perceived and therefore, it exists. The hallucinations that appear before schizophrenic people are not physical, but they exist as thoughts in the mind of those perceiving them. Therefore, in a way, they exist. I exist. You exist. Everything that can be perceived , exists, physical or otherwise.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
Ha, he screwed up recently, its obviously false info. Check this update out:

2. NEW ASSIST TROPHY: NiGHTS

With this assist trophy, it's apparent that not just characters from the specific 3rd Party Characters' games will appear. No, rather, the whole company's range of characters will as well! NiGHTS will fly around the stage and place rings around the stage. If you pass through all the rings first, NiGHTS will reward you with a free Final Smash. He is pretty rare, but it's worth it when you get him.
What's wrong with it? The free Final Smash. That's not possible for an AT to give.

You see, only one Final Smash can be available at any given time. Why? Because Final Smash's can't interfere with each other. There's too many problems when you have two characters that can both, at any given time, become invincible and produce massive special effects at the same time. The hardware would have trouble handling it and the gameplay could be affected by odd interactions between Final Smashes.

To eliminate this problem, the game was programmed so that Smash Balls will not spawn when there is already one on the screen OR when anyone has the Final Smash ability active and waiting to be used (indicated by the entire screen going darker and the person glowing). Also, the "pity FS" won't be given when you respawn if someone else already has a Final Smash ability or a Smash Ball is around.

Therefore, this AT wouldn't work, because what if you were the first to go through the rings but another Smash Ball/Final Smash was already active? It would either lead to the possibility of 2 Final Smash's at once which would likely break the game, or it would mean the AT wouldn't give the reward it was supposed to making it pointless. Not to mention, the majority of AT's are "fire and forget" like Pokemon, generally helping you but sometimes hurting/helping everyone, but this whole idea of everyone stopping fighting and racing to run through loops doesn't really fit.

Therefore I conclude this guy is fake.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
Ha, he screwed up recently, its obviously false info. Check this update out:

What's wrong with it? The free Final Smash. That's not possible for an AT to give.

You see, only one Final Smash can be available at any given time. Why? Because Final Smash's can't interfere with each other. There's too many problems when you have two characters that can both, at any given time, become invincible and produce massive special effects at the same time. The hardware would have trouble handling it and the gameplay could be affected by odd interactions between Final Smashes.

To eliminate this problem, the game was programmed so that Smash Balls will not spawn when there is already one on the screen OR when anyone has the Final Smash ability active and waiting to be used (indicated by the entire screen going darker and the person glowing). Also, the "pity FS" won't be given when you respawn if someone else already has a Final Smash ability or a Smash Ball is around.

Therefore, this AT wouldn't work, because what if you were the first to go through the rings but another Smash Ball/Final Smash was already active? It would either lead to the possibility of 2 Final Smash's at once which would likely break the game, or it would mean the AT wouldn't give the reward it was supposed to making it pointless. Not to mention, the majority of AT's are "fire and forget" like Pokemon, generally helping you but sometimes hurting/helping everyone, but this whole idea of everyone stopping fighting and racing to run through loops doesn't really fit.

Therefore I conclude this guy is fake.
You know you statement doesn't prove anything. If NiGHTS is an AT and if he works as a Final Smash, then he would not spawn if a Normal or Pity Final Smash is already active or on the field.
In other words, NiGHTS would work just like a Smash Ball and have a 0% chance to appear from an Assist Trophy when the Smash Ball or an Active/Passive Final Smash is in play.

Sorry but try again.

Zauron

Smash Journeyman
You know you statement doesn't prove anything. If NiGHTS is an AT and if he works as a Final Smash, then he would not spawn if a Normal or Pity Final Smash is already active or on the field.
In other words, NiGHTS would work just like a Smash Ball and have a 0% chance to appear from an Assist Trophy when the Smash Ball or an Active/Passive Final Smash is in play.

Sorry but try again.
What if the AT was active and then a Smash Ball appeared? They'd also have to make it so Smash Balls can't spawn once he does. That's a lot of special case-ing.

Also, what if you have Final Smashes disabled but not AT's?

In addition to the dubiousness of the third party AT in the first place, I just don't see this mechanic working out. I'm 99.9% sure this source is also fake.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
What if the AT was active and then a Smash Ball appeared? They'd also have to make it so Smash Balls can't spawn once he does. That's a lot of special case-ing.

Also, what if you have Final Smashes disabled but not AT's?

In addition to the dubiousness of the third party AT in the first place, I just don't see this mechanic working out. I'm 99.9% sure this source is also fake.
First point: Since we have NO INFORMATION save for educated guesses, Then the Smash Ball would not appear until NiGHTS was gone and the Final Smash was usedor was not acquired.

Second Point: NiGHTS would probably be disabled as well or he will act as a goldeen and do nothing. This also has to do with Kirby's Final Smash which spawns items, so he don't really have any information that can help us prove ether point.

Final Point: We have The Devil for god sake and you still doubt this!? Its a AT that almost brakes the rules of Smash Bros. by moving the camera away from the stage causing people to just DIE! This seems to be closer to normal than The Devil is, and also you would think that there would be alternate ways of getting a Final Smash, this way you still have to earn it, but by not beating the crap out of the Smash Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom