• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
After watching Red's video I somewhat have a little faith in the Paragon leak now. I hope you guys finally get the Wah today because I'll be happy to see him get out of snow globe prison as well as my gal Krystal, Isaac, Zero, Shovel Knight, and Skull Kid.

Last edited:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I'm not counting on it happening, but if we somehow get post-pass news in the Direct I'm hoping our purple Lord finally makes his debut.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
Well, I suppose this means that Nintendo characters are not off the table then? Even series that have already been represented. I see this as somewhat of a win. Or I'm just trying to hide my disappointment with optimism even though I'll probably be more accepting and maybe even like playing as Byleth later on anyways.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Well, I suppose this means that Nintendo characters are not off the table then? Even series that have already been represented.
I think what matters is whether Sakurai is gonna eat his words about DLCs are gonna expand the universe of Smash bros. It's not really nice if Nintendo is.proving that they're not honest and could keep doing this in the future.

I'm pretty certain Waluigi will be included in Vol. 2.
What do you mean?

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think what matters is whether Sakurai is gonna eat his words about DLCs are gonna expand the universe of Smash bros. It's not really nice if Nintendo is.proving that they're not honest and could keep doing this in the future.

What do you mean?
What it says on the tin, I have a pretty good feeling that due to his overwhelming popularity, Waluigi will be included as one of the characters in Fighter Pass Vol 2, as a "throwing them a bone" gesture to the fans.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
What it says on the tin, I have a pretty good feeling that due to his overwhelming popularity, Waluigi will be included as one of the characters in Fighter Pass Vol 2, as a "throwing them a bone" gesture to the fans.
I think I've mentioned that before, such statement seems to underestimate Nintendo's market research team as if they never thought Waluigi is popular. The current situation should be that they already know Waluigi is popular but never wanted to take it into consideration for game plans. Otherwise this would has made Waluigi been included in the base roster of Smash 3 or 4.

Again, if Nintendo has acknowledged Waluigis fan demand and request, their decision to not make Waluigi in Odyssey and Luigi Mansion 3 should be rather more controversial.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think I've mentioned that before, such statement seems to underestimate Nintendo's market research team as if they never thought Waluigi is popular. The current situation should be that they already know Waluigi is popular but never wanted to take it into consideration for game plans. Otherwise this would has made Waluigi been included in the base roster of Smash 3 or 4.

Again, if Nintendo has acknowledged Waluigis fan demand and request, their decision to not make Waluigi in Odyssey and Luigi Mansion 3 should be rather more controversial.
We're talking exclusively in Smash. And the reason to not include Waluigi could easily be the same as any other character: not being enough of a priority. If they want to give the fans a big showy character, they've already done Ridley, K Rool and Banjo. So they can do Waluigi, or Geno, or maybe Isaac, but the pool gets smaller every time. I feel like this is the time, but maybe it's the next, or another one.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
We're talking exclusively in Smash. And the reason to not include Waluigi could easily be the same as any other character: not being enough of a priority. If they want to give the fans a big showy character, they've already done Ridley, K Rool and Banjo. So they can do Waluigi, or Geno, or maybe Isaac, but the pool gets smaller every time. I feel like this is the time, but maybe it's the next, or another one.
I think half is correct, half isn't. You're right about the fact many other wanted characters are picked, but never said that the pool is shrinkening. At this point there are still quite many strong competitors.

Put Byleth's controversy aside, its obviously newer key characters like her or Inklings are joining the pools and there may be more between Smash 5 and 6, like Akira pf Astrial Chain. The competition wouldn't be less heated, so it's important to gain some advantages and stand out. It's not a waiting line that closely follows FIFO rule.

Right now Waluigi's best chance depends on whether Smash 6 determines to include a new Mario fighter and only chooses from the remaining main cast (if not an unconventional one like plat piranha) which are Toad, Birdo and Waluigi, garuntees him 30% chance. Oh, and in case we would get another Rosalina-wise or Byleth-wise new main character for the 10%.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I think half is correct, half isn't. You're right about the fact many other wanted characters are picked, but never said that the pool is shrinkening. At this point there are still quite many strong competitors.

Put Byleth's controversy aside, its obviously newer key characters like her or Inklings are joining the pools and there may be more between Smash 5 and 6, like Akira pf Astrial Chain. The competition wouldn't be less heated, so it's important to gain some advantages and stand out. It's not a waiting line that closely follows FIFO rule.

Right now Waluigi's best chance depends on whether Smash 6 determines to include a new Mario fighter and only chooses from the remaining main cast (if not an unconventional one like plat piranha) which are Toad, Birdo and Waluigi, garuntees him 30% chance. Oh, and in case we would get another Rosalina-wise or Byleth-wise new main character for the 10%.
New characters are showing up but they aren't becoming as highly demanded, not yet. Howard, Spring Man, they could get there, but they aren't in the upper echelons of demand, not yet. And for now, those upper echelons are shrinking.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
New characters are showing up but they aren't becoming as highly demanded, not yet. Howard, Spring Man, they could get there, but they aren't in the upper echelons of demand, not yet. And for now, those upper echelons are shrinking.
Half of the fact remains that they could become popular or well-known in short time, the other half is the fact Nintendo do seem to force advertising. Byleth shows the best example for that, so that Waluigi does not really getting stronger chance without additional advantages.

Some like Spring Man are not part of the targets even if they would has been great additions. But we'd never know who do Nintendo put in priority. Like said its not following FIFO rule.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
OK, so I personally feel the Cuphea-I mean Byleth direct benefits the evidence in Red's video since Waluigi was said to be "final", not the final fighter's pass character, just simply "final" - note that the reveal for FP2 emphasised the final invitation so it's gotta be someone big.

I think the biggest question relates to his stage - music is easy, most of the Mario songs are from the main series, so use spin-off songs - but stages are a little more of an issue for Waluigi since he doesn't have his own starring role to draw from. I think Waluigi Pinball or a Mario Party stage are the most likely stages through. (not speculation, but if the stage is a Waluigi themed stage, I'd love for both Mario series and Wario series songs to be playable on it)

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Dan Waaslide
Waluigi walks into the Smash House for a interview:

Sakurai: WHAT DID I TELL YOU!!! FOR THE 100th TIME!!! YOU CAN'T JOIN SMASH BROS. BECAUSE YOU'RE A:beezo::beezo::beezo: Wait:beezo::beezo::beezo: Is that a Smash invitation?! Okay Waluigi! You got the job! You're officially a member of the Smash Bros. roster.

Waluigi: Wahahaha! I knew my printing plan would work!

Sakurai: What?!

Waluigi: What?!

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Waluigi walks into the Smash House for a interview:

Sakurai: WHAT DID I TELL YOU!!! FOR THE 100th TIME!!! YOU CAN'T JOIN SMASH BROS. BECAUSE YOU'RE A:beezo::beezo::beezo: Wait:beezo::beezo::beezo: Is that a Smash invention?! Okay Waluigi! You got the job! You're officially a member of the Smash Bros. roster.

Waluigi: Wahahaha! I knew my printing plan would work!

Sakurai: What?!

Waluigi: What?!
Wouldn't Sakurai know about who would get a Smash invitation or not since he's the one sending them?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hey guys, I was talking to another user on another topic, and PMs, about a moveset for Waluigi. Here is one I made up. For simplicity, we shall focus on his special moves and Final Smash here. Now, here they are.

B: Racquet Smash: Waluigi pulls out a racquet he used in Mario Tennis and swings the racquet, hitting with strong force. Occasionally, Waluigi will do a "Super move" and hit with a very strong force that will possibly kick the opponent off the stage.

B Side: Waluigi Bike: Waluigi uses a bike from the Mario Kart games, though this functions more like Wario's bike move if anything.

B Up: Air Swimming: Waluigi swims in the air upward, causing damage to those who get in his way.

B Down: Mario Party Dice: Walugi throws a dice at his opponent that, once it hits the ground, will cause one of several things. A dice landing on one will cause a POW Block effect, 2 causing a burn, 3 causing a freezing effect, 4 causing the opponent it hits to shrink (if no opponent is hit, nothing happens), 5 causing an electric effect on opponents who are nearby, and 6 causing a powerful explosion.

Final Smash: Waluigi Party: Waluigi charges at an opponent, and if the opponent, or opponents are hit, a cutscene will happen where the screen turns into a setting like one from Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, where Waluigi was the bad guy. Waluigi then dances, all without player input, while Piranha Plants attack and Bomb-Ombs fall on the opponents. Waluigi then strikes a pose with a great ranking, simultaneously causing the opponents to fly in the air, possibly being KOed.

Also, we talked about unique mechanics. Here are two I thought of.

1. Star-Power. It could come with a gauge or not, and basically Waluigi attacks, defends, takes hits, etc. for some time and after a point or when the gauge is full, Waluigi begins glowing in what is called Star-Power, glowing radiantly and being able to become stronger, faster, and more powerful with his attacks. The gauge can be filled a second time when Star-Power is in used, and by then, Star-Power is filled more quickly. It is possible to fail to fill it a second time, but if done, Waluigi becomes even more powerful, if slightly, to avoid becoming too powerful, but still packs a punch.

2. Clumsiness. Waluigi's clumsy-like moves (not just his attacks) and falling over by tripping or banana peel actually act as an attack when others are nearby, causing him to take damage when he acts like he is falling over (not on the edge, too), and the like, if slight damage. There wouldn't be too many to keep him from being overpowered.

So, what do you all think?

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've been asked to talk about characters outside the Geno thread so, uh, here I am.

I think Waluigi has great chances and is hard slept on for Season 2. Kind of a rundown of my reasoning:

-Every DLC season has had at least one Nintendo character. Smash 4 technically had 4. The Fighter's Pass technically had 2 if you include Plant. Either way, this is one of the things that strongly suggests there's going to be at least one Nintendo in Season 2.

-Waluigi has history. 20 years and roughly 50 game appearances. Outside of Smash, he's already crossed over with Namco, Square, Konami, and SEGA. He's appeared multiple times on every Nintendo platform since the N64. He may not be "important" but he's incredibly consistent. That's a big deal for a spin-off character.

-Pretty much the signature assist trophy. Even in popular culture, Waluigi being doomed to an assist trophy is well known. He's basically the figurehead of assist trophies and was even the very first one shown off for Smash Ultimate. If any AT is going to be promoted, it's going to be him. Even Sakurai acknowledges the "tragedy" of Waluigi being a loser that wants to be playable but keeps failing.

-Waluigi is huge all over the world. He's got merchandise and, if you were to do a global poll, he would probably be in the top 20, if not top 10 most popular Nintendo characters. He's also kind of the signature Nintendo meme character and that gives him a degree of cultural relevance that most Nintendo characters could only dream of.

-Nintendo has acknowledged Waluigi in regards to Smash.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nt_waluigi_in_smash_bros_ultimate_says_reggie

More recently, Doug Bowser acknowledged Waluigi on Twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/thetruebowser/status/1209609073924038656?s=19

Nintendo's painfully aware of the fan demand and I think it's just a matter of time.

So, my personal theory is that Waluigi will either be 6 or 11. I think Waluigi would be a great way to kick off Season 2 and my current prediction is that fighter 6 will be in the next Direct. In the event of it being Waluigi, some of my other predictions are that he will be revealed in a fake out trailer that guises itself as Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC. Based on this, I think Waluigi's stage will be from Luigi's Mansion 3 and come with a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit board. I also think Gooigi and Cadence will be two of his Mii costumes. We'll see how things play out but I'm pretty confident in Waluigi being one of the 6 final characters.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I've been asked to talk about characters outside the Geno thread so, uh, here I am.

I think Waluigi has great chances and is hard slept on for Season 2. Kind of a rundown of my reasoning:

-Every DLC season has had at least one Nintendo character. Smash 4 technically had 4. The Fighter's Pass technically had 2 if you include Plant. Either way, this is one of the things that strongly suggests there's going to be at least one Nintendo in Season 2.

-Waluigi has history. 20 years and roughly 50 game appearances. Outside of Smash, he's already crossed over with Namco, Square, Konami, and SEGA. He's appeared multiple times on every Nintendo platform since the N64. He may not be "important" but he's incredibly consistent. That's a big deal for a spin-off character.

-Pretty much the signature assist trophy. Even in popular culture, Waluigi being doomed to an assist trophy is well known. He's basically the figurehead of assist trophies and was even the very first one shown off for Smash Ultimate. If any AT is going to be promoted, it's going to be him. Even Sakurai acknowledges the "tragedy" of Waluigi being a loser that wants to be playable but keeps failing.

-Waluigi is huge all over the world. He's got merchandise and, if you were to do a global poll, he would probably be in the top 20, if not top 10 most popular Nintendo characters. He's also kind of the signature Nintendo meme character and that gives him a degree of cultural relevance that most Nintendo characters could only dream of.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...nt_waluigi_in_smash_bros_ultimate_says_reggie

Nintendo's painfully aware of the fan demand and I think it's just a matter of time.

So, my personal theory is that Waluigi will either be 6 or 11. I think Waluigi would be a great way to kick off Season 2 and my current prediction is that fighter 6 will be in the next Direct. In the event of it being Waluigi, some of my other predictions are that he will be revealed in a fake out trailer that guises itself as Luigi's Mansion 3 DLC. Based on this, I think Waluigi's stage will be from Luigi's Mansion 3 and come with a Luigi's Mansion 3 spirit board. I also think Gooigi and Cadence will be two of his Mii costumes. We'll see how things play out but I'm pretty confident in Waluigi being one of the 6 final characters.
I have to say, Waluigi has gained a lot of momentum in recent months. How about the Washington Post's coverage of Waluigi's AT backlash. It may not mean much but I think it can be significant. I really hope he gets his dues because it's time for our favorite purple guy to have his moment to shine. Is your feeling about Waluigi's chances similar to what you said about Banjo & Kazooie last year?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I have to say, Waluigi has gained a lot of momentum in recent months. How about the Washington Post's coverage of Waluigi's AT backlash. It may not mean much but I think it can be significant. I really hope he gets his dues because it's time for our favorite purple guy to have his moment to shine. Is your feeling about Waluigi's chances similar to what you said about Banjo & Kazooie last year?
That's part of it. There's been a ton of dog whistles for Waluigi since literally November but it's not reached the scale of full on obnoxious that Banjo reached where even retailers couldn't STFU. I talked about this in another thread but Nintendo has a pretty consistent pattern of starting with themselves and companies they've already worked with first when it comes to DLC. Smash 4 had Mewtwo, Lucas, and Roy first and Ultimate had Plant. Waluigi also has the benefit of being an AT so, honestly, would probably take the least amount of work to convert into a playable character. This is why I think he'll either be first or last.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
would probably take the least amount of work to convert into a playable character
Not necessarily. Dark Samus and Isabelle got new models built from scratch and don't use any resources from their AT. Granted they do use resources from other fighters, and Isaac and Skull Kid's costumes were built from their AT models.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I disagree on Waluigi being fighter 11, I expect FP2 to be front-loaded just like FP1 and have their biggest stars shown first. In my opinion it makes sense to reveal Waluigi during the first three packs. Nintendo is aware that Waluigi is a big name so showing him earlier would do well for the sales of the pass. Fighter 11 might be someone more on the niche side, whether it's a small name character, a promotional character, or someone not that well known outside of the Smash community like Geno.

As for the Luigi's Mansion 3 content, I don't think it makes that much sense to add them with Waluigi. It's a game that Waluigi doesn't appear in. Something like Waluigi's pinball or a Mario Party board makes much more sense as Waluigi's stage.

Regardless, you described the pros in favor of Waluigi quite well. Nintendo and Sakurai are aware of the demand for Waluigi, even if Sakurai is tone deaf over the reactions of the fanbase, Reggie pretty much told him that Waluigi is an extremely popular request after E3 2018. The way I see it is that another Banjo is gonna be in the pass, a fan favorite character among Nintendo fans. Waluigi would fit that role quite well.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I made the thread why do I never get announcements for this thread when it's alive

Anyone I need to add on that big list on the front page?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I dunno. I feel like people often forget how big of a juggernaut Waluigi is, especially when it comes to Smash. Look at this playlist on YouTube:

https://youtu.be/nPDH4lZB6HU?list=RDQMk3HwUYqkFSQ

These videos have hundreds of thousands to MILLIONS of views.

This one has close to 8 MILLION. Don't you dare tell me that people wouldn't lose their minds if Waluigi made the jump.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend

A Waluigi trailer cannot be anything except a bait-and-switch if you ask me, be it for Smash or another game.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Every DLC season has had at least one Nintendo character. Smash 4 technically had 4. The Fighter's Pass technically had 2 if you include Plant. Either way, this is one of the things that strongly suggests there's going to be at least one Nintendo in Season 2.
To be fair what Nintendo should actually do with the DLCs is new franchises at this point, while the lack of NIntendo properties in general DLCs so far is an issue in coexistence. It's not that this has to be a closely followed rule, since it can be all NIntendo or all 3rd parties as long as they're actually new to Smash bros (yes, for legacy, we want it to be more NIntendo but it's realistically unlikely).

I think at this point what we exactly need is a DLC of a Nintendo original and unpresented franchise, not like Mario and Fire Emblem really passed the general expectation.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
To be fair what Nintendo should actually do with the DLCs is new franchises at this point, while the lack of NIntendo properties in general DLCs so far is an issue in coexistence. It's not that this has to be a closely followed rule, since it can be all NIntendo or all 3rd parties as long as they're actually new to Smash bros (yes, for legacy, we want it to be more NIntendo but it's realistically unlikely).

I think at this point what we exactly need is a DLC of a Nintendo original and unpresented franchise, not like Mario and Fire Emblem really passed the general expectation.
Can you post in threads about unrepresented franchises if that's what you want instead of Waluigi? You don't see me going into the Cinderace/Rillaboom threads begging for them to support a different kind of Pokemon.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Can you post in threads about unrepresented franchises if that's what you want instead of Waluigi? You don't see me going into the Cinderace/Rillaboom threads begging for them to support a different kind of Pokemon.
To clarify I only mean to reply to the point of DLC speculation, which isn't exactly relevant with Waluigi's chance and support on the other way.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm gonna try somthing I've never tried and make a basic four specials and a final smash for Waluigi. I'm going to build off of two aspects: his cheating and randomness. This will borrow from spinoffs, but not have them be any specific thing done in the game, they are more like tools for him to use in a Waluigi like manner. I'm also not touching mario kart. (for the most part) I'd appreciate feedback and for you guys to share your own ideas because the best part about waluigi is how flexible he is for different interpretations. These may be a little OP/ underpowered just cause i'm not a pro at balancing things and knowing what are good damage outputs.

Neutral special: WAH. This would be a chargeable move that has various affects. The shorter charges would just stun people in waluigi's range, but a full charge could extend Waluigi's range by holding one of those megaphone block items from mario kart 8 up to his mouth and project his voice much farther, as well as cause damage along with the stun.

Side Special: Sneaky Serve. Waluigi would wind up his tennis racket, throw a ball out in front of him and swing. This would have a rng aspect where he would hit not just tennis balls, but different sports balls with different properties (golf balls, baseballs, bowling balls) and Bob-Ombs. Spiny balls from Mario could also be a possibility.

Up special: Whirluigi/ Air Swim. In the air; Waluigi will do an upwards twirl and then have a brief period where he can air swim left to right at the top of the twirl. This gives him vertical and horizontal recovery. They can also have hitboxes. On the ground, you can still air swim into people, damaging them as well as giving you a way to move around the stage.

Down Special: Revenge of the Assist Trophy. Waluigi will pull out his old assist trophy and open it up. He can clamp down on projectiles of course, making it kind of like pocket, except you just throw the assist trophy when it's full and they don't have unique properties. You can also capture other fighters if you can get them really close in your range. You can then throw them line an item, button mashing frees you from the trophy like the freeze item. This idea largely comes from duke of dorks, so credit to him I suppose lol.

Final Smash: The Waluigi Zone. This is Luigi's old final smash updated to fit the more modern style final smashes. Waluigi will rush forwards, grabbing anyone he can. He throws them into a purple vortex, where they are transported to a weird dimension full of Waluigis. They all take turns beating up the opponents, maybe batting them around like a tennis ball or somthing. The smash end's in a monty python style fashion where Waluigi's giant clogged shoe stomps on the fighters.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I'm gonna try somthing I've never tried and make a basic four specials and a final smash for Waluigi. I'm going to build off of two aspects: his cheating and randomness. This will borrow from spinoffs, but not have them be any specific thing done in the game, they are more like tools for him to use in a Waluigi like manner. I'm also not touching mario kart. (for the most part) I'd appreciate feedback and for you guys to share your own ideas because the best part about waluigi is how flexible he is for different interpretations. These may be a little OP/ underpowered just cause i'm not a pro at balancing things and knowing what are good damage outputs.

Neutral special: WAH. This would be a chargeable move that has various affects. The shorter charges would just stun people in waluigi's range, but a full charge could extend Waluigi's range by holding one of those megaphone block items from mario kart 8 up to his mouth and project his voice much farther, as well as cause damage along with the stun.

Side Special: Sneaky Serve. Waluigi would wind up his tennis racket, throw a ball out in front of him and swing. This would have a rng aspect where he would hit not just tennis balls, but different sports balls with different properties (golf balls, baseballs, bowling balls) and Bob-Ombs. Spiny balls from Mario could also be a possibility.

Up special: Whirluigi/ Air Swim. In the air; Waluigi will do an upwards twirl and then have a brief period where he can air swim left to right at the top of the twirl. This gives him vertical and horizontal recovery. They can also have hitboxes. On the ground, you can still air swim into people, damaging them as well as giving you a way to move around the stage.

Down Special: Revenge of the Assist Trophy. Waluigi will pull out his old assist trophy and open it up. He can clamp down on projectiles of course, making it kind of like pocket, except you just throw the assist trophy when it's full and they don't have unique properties. You can also capture other fighters if you can get them really close in your range. You can then throw them line an item, button mashing frees you from the trophy like the freeze item. This idea largely comes from duke of dorks, so credit to him I suppose lol.

Final Smash: The Waluigi Zone. This is Luigi's old final smash updated to fit the more modern style final smashes. Waluigi will rush forwards, grabbing anyone he can. He throws them into a purple vortex, where they are transported to a weird dimension full of Waluigis. They all take turns beating up the opponents, maybe batting them around like a tennis ball or somthing. The smash end's in a monty python style fashion where Waluigi's giant clogged shoe stomps on the fighters.
I'm fine with your specials except for the down special, it kind of ties Waluigi's character to his previous role as an assist trophy, which let's be honest, isn't the main appeal of Waluigi as a character. I don't want Waluigi to be playable because of the memes of him being an assist trophy, I want him to be playable because I like him as a character and I think he would be neat as a playable fighter.

As for my ideas of how Waluigi would fight, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of using the dice block from Mario Party with it's RNG properties. It's one of Waluigi's specials in Super Smash Flash 2 and I think it perfectly encapsulates the randomness and mystery part of Waluigi's character.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm fine with your specials except for the down special, it kind of ties Waluigi's character to his previous role as an assist trophy, which let's be honest, isn't the main appeal of Waluigi as a character. I don't want Waluigi to be playable because of the memes of him being an assist trophy, I want him to be playable because I like him as a character and I think he would be neat as a playable fighter.

As for my ideas of how Waluigi would fight, the more I think about it the more I like the idea of using the dice block from Mario Party with it's RNG properties. It's one of Waluigi's specials in Super Smash Flash 2 and I think it perfectly encapsulates the randomness and mystery part of Waluigi's character.
I was thinking about maybe a dice block he tosses out and it lands on a random number and does random things, like judge but a projectile/item, but I was worried it was a bit too similar to the tennis move. I dunno, what do you think?

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I was thinking about maybe a dice block he tosses out and it lands on a random number and does random things, like judge but a projectile/item, but I was worried it was a bit too similar to the tennis move. I dunno, what do you think?
I think it's possible to differentiate the two moves. Dice block would have wacky effects like freezing the opponent, doing 1% of damage, or stunning them. Tennis serve would be more of a standard projectile that does decent damage and knockback. Both might have RNG aspects but it's clear one of them only differs slightly in damage while the other does all kinds of different effects.

Top Bottom