• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
I still think that if Waluigi gets in, his introductory tagline should be "Waluigi Makes it into Battle!" as a reference to Sakurai's tweet about him in SSB4 and his general amount of support over the years.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I stumbled upon this page and realized that out of everyone on that list only Toad and Waluigi aren't playable in Smash. I really do hope to see Waluigi as DLC after the fighters pass is over, this is the only time that every character from Smash Bros history is playable and I don't want Waluigi to miss it.

So besides Smash, how do you imagine a game where Waluigi is the main character would look like?
I love how they have soundboards for every character - jokes aside, correct me if I'm wrong but is Wario's Sound 2 is an original clip? also, I really think I should be discussing this on the Daisy thread, but it's so surreal how Nintendo constantly references Tatanga on Daisy bios but he never shows up in any games other than Smash. of all the forgotten Mario characters, I think he's certainly the most likely to make a comeback given said references.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I love how they have soundboards for every character - jokes aside, correct me if I'm wrong but is Wario's Sound 2 is an original clip? also, I really think I should be discussing this on the Daisy thread, but it's so surreal how Nintendo constantly references Tatanga on Daisy bios but he never shows up in any games other than Smash. of all the forgotten Mario characters, I think he's certainly the most likely to make a comeback given said references.
There are so many forgotten Mario characters that part of me wishes for a love letter game to the Mario Universe that references all the different sides of the Mario universe and their characters. I'm still waiting for Foreman Spike to come back someday.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
There are so many forgotten Mario characters that part of me wishes for a love letter game to the Mario Universe that references all the different sides of the Mario universe and their characters. I'm still waiting for Foreman Spike to come back someday.
Me too, I wanna see more of The Shake King himself, have him as a fighter in Smash or maybe a new character in Mario Kart, even him being playable in a new Wario Land game.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Me too, I wanna see more of The Shake King himself, have him as a fighter in Smash or maybe a new character in Mario Kart, even him being playable in a new Wario Land game.
Mario Kart is the perfect game to reference these characters. When I look at the roster of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled and then look back at the roster of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I feel a sense of disappointment. There is potential to reference all the different sides of the Mario Universe in Mario Kart yet it's squandered for filler instead. I will never forget that one time when Waluigi got cut from Mario Kart 7, Nintendo EPD doesn't seem to like characters created by others besides them that much.

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I wanna see Wart and King K. Rool interacting with each other. That can lead to some funny scenarios I think.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
I stumbled upon this page and realized that out of everyone on that list only Toad and Waluigi aren't playable in Smash. I really do hope to see Waluigi as DLC after the fighters pass is over, this is the only time that every character from Smash Bros history is playable and I don't want Waluigi to miss it.

So besides Smash, how do you imagine a game where Waluigi is the main character would look like?
I think a game where Waluigi steals stuff, kind of like Nintendo's take on the stealth genre, would be neat and really make the spin-off stand out (like Luigi's Mansion being like their foray into horror).

millsfan

Smash Apprentice
I’d like if waluigi was the fifth dlc character and after the direct, his trailer picks up where it left off from and reveals waluigi standing next to 5 assist trophies. This would lead into the announcement of the second dlc wave (assist trophy upgrades). Ugh how bothered Shadow fans are... waiting since 2007

Last edited:

BZocky

Smash Ace

Waluigi’s a pest exterminator and has to take out Petey Piranha’s invasive Piranha Plants before they take over the Mushroom Kingdom for good. The stealth genre idea could work here, with segments where he has to navigate without waking up sleeping plants for example.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
My idea for a Waluigi game would be a beat em up in the style of Yakuza. Waluigi starts at the very bottom of the food chain in Diamond City and he rises up in rank by beating prominent big honchos that control the city. I always imagined a game with Waluigi would show us a more grounded lifestyle in the Mario Universe with how the little folk get by.

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Waluigi’s a pest exterminator and has to take out Petey Piranha’s invasive Piranha Plants before they take over the Mushroom Kingdom for good. The stealth genre idea could work here, with segments where he has to navigate without waking up sleeping plants for example.
with Stanley as player 2? I'm game.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
A game with:

Foreman Spike

The 8-Bits

Geno

Mallow

Smithy Gang

X-Nauts

Paper Mario party members

PMTYD party members

All returning? Count me in.

Mario Kart is the perfect game to reference these characters. When I look at the roster of Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled and then look back at the roster of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe I feel a sense of disappointment. There is potential to reference all the different sides of the Mario Universe in Mario Kart yet it's squandered for filler instead. I will never forget that one time when Waluigi got cut from Mario Kart 7, Nintendo EPD doesn't seem to like characters created by others besides them that much.
I know right? Mario Kart has so much potential in it's roster that it's insane that we just get baby or metal versions of characters nowadays instead of characters like:

Foreman Spike
Wart
Mouser
Tryclyde
Geno
Mallow
Smithy
Red Axem Ranger
Green Axem Ranger
Pink Axem Ranger
Yellow Axem Ranger
Black Axem Ranger
Booster
Red Koopa Bro
Green Koopa Bro
Black Koopa Bro
Yellow Koopa Bro
Goombario
Kooper
Bombette
Parakarry
Bow
Watt
Sushie
Lakilester
Goombella
Koops
Flurrie
Tough Yoshi
Vivian
Admiral Bobbery
Ms. Mowz
Grodus
Lord Crump
X-Naut
Doopliss

The possibilities are almost limitless, but Nintendo or whoever directs the Mario Kart games just decides to be lazy and just adds more and more different versions of the same characters into the roster.

I swear if characters like on my list ever got into Mario Kart, I would be lot more invested in it's roster.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Speaking of the Super Mario RPG cast, I may not be crazy over Geno (I don't dislike him but I think his fans sometimes blow his importance out of proportion) but I do like the game and the cast. A shame we won't ever get to see those characters come back and evolve in new games because they're owned by Square Enix. Still, there's a wide number of Mario characters that are still underused by Nintendo. There is appeal in forgotten characters and a desire to see them come back, perhaps in a modernized form as well.

After AlphaDream filed for bankruptcy the future of the Mario RPGs is uncertain. It's unlikely we'll see another Mario RPG for a long time. AlphaDream are the developers of Mario & Luigi and no one is left to take the mantle. Paper Mario got butchered by Intelligent Systems to a point where the series is a shell of it's former self.

As much as it hurts to believe, I don't think there is a bright future for Mario RPGs. Nintendo has killed other game series for lesser reasons. We probably won't see another Mario RPG for years to come, if we ever get one that is.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Speaking of the Super Mario RPG cast, I may not be crazy over Geno (I don't dislike him but I think his fans sometimes blow his importance out of proportion) but I do like the game and the cast. A shame we won't ever get to see those characters come back and evolve in new games because they're owned by Square Enix. Still, there's a wide number of Mario characters that are still underused by Nintendo. There is appeal in forgotten characters and a desire to see them come back, perhaps in a modernized form as well.

After AlphaDream filed for bankruptcy the future of the Mario RPGs is uncertain. It's unlikely we'll see another Mario RPG for a long time. AlphaDream are the developers of Mario & Luigi and no one is left to take the mantle. Paper Mario got butchered by Intelligent Systems to a point where the series is a shell of it's former self.

As much as it hurts to believe, I don't think there is a bright future for Mario RPGs. Nintendo has killed other game series for lesser reasons. We probably won't see another Mario RPG for years to come, if we ever get one that is.
I agree that sometimes Geno fans blows his importance entirely out of the water. Yes, he was very important to Mario RPS's plot, but he really isn't a important or big Mario character in the grand scheme of things. Though I definitely do think Geno will get into Smash someday due to his overwhelmingly demand and fan support and Sakurai bias. Us getting Geno in Smash would bring good health to the Mario RPG genre because we could possibly get a actual sequel to SMRPG: Legend of the Seven Stars if he get's into Smash.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i see the meme man brian david gilbert is on our side

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I always think Waluigi would do well in RPGs and dont feel impressed by the fact the RPGs ignore the fun personalities from Mario main cast. Cannot say whether there is a future for M&L series, but if Paper titles would stay, hope that it can have more releases and bring in the M&L references.

I still think that if Waluigi gets in, his introductory tagline should be "Waluigi Makes it into Battle!" as a reference to Sakurai's tweet about him in SSB4 and his general amount of support over the years.
While I'm looking forward to his chance in the future, I think his matter is more known to be the fact he never really fought in Mario games?

I'm part of the people who want to see him fight, but at this point it'd be even more weird to make him fight in Smash before in a regular title as if there is no logical defects.

I’d like if waluigi was the fifth dlc character and after the direct, his trailer picks up where it left off from and reveals waluigi standing next to 5 assist trophies. This would lead into the announcement of the second dlc wave (assist trophy upgrades). Ugh how bothered Shadow fans are... waiting since 2007
Like said, while the npc promotion within same Smash game hasn't happened, we've got actual promoted past npcs and none of their trailers show any sign that they remember they weren't chosen in past Smash games. The trailers only care about what they really are in their own games, not 4th wall memes. I believe that's how Waluigi trailer would look like as well.

Last edited:

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Just here to pledge my support, became a Waluigi fan after maining him in the Strikers game on the Wii. Loved the game and his silly, entertaining antics so much. Him and Wario were the highlights of that game. Ever since I've had a soft spot for him and he's usually a highlight in spin-off games. I just hope he'll get the spotlight someday soon.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
Reggie acknowledged Mother 3 but do you think we got it?
To be fair there are a few scenes and characters that would make Nintendo hesitant to localize the game, Waluigi isn't really in that camp?

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
I imagine a Waluigi game would be a slight bit edgier and darker than the Wario games - nothing you'd want to keep a kid away from, but still rather edgy by Mario standards - think like the earlier Simpsons episodes. I think a Waluigi game should have him as a vocal protagonist, but only in cutscenes - unless they implement one of these:

Planet Cool

Smash Ace
NNID
DKC_Fan
Exploring Waluigi's origin is like exploring Yosemite Sam's origin. It's not necessary and won't make the character any funnier. What Nintendo should really do is buy the rights to Psycho Waluigi and release it as an official game.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
As Smash bros main purpose is franchise crossover, putting in more franchises would be more important than putting more Mario franchise content, so it's a weak sole reason for Nintendo to actually include Waluigi as a fighter. After all we didnt have the diverse aspects of Kirby or Zelda games presented in Smash bros too. Other franchises are still in the running for same reason.

As for Wario or Yoshi games they may also be considered the diversity of Mario universe so they have the right to expand more contents in Smash too.

Still, given Waluigis chance would be likely in future Smash games when some of the current Mario contents would be chopped down, the theory of "completion of Mario series presentation" wouldn't necessarily relate to Waluigi' s inclusion in the end.

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
I know chances may be slim of Waluigi being shown at the presentation on Thursday and I believe he won't be in as FP5, but I hope there is a small glimpse of him in the post-fighter's pass DLC. Fingers crossed either way...

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
I know chances may be slim of Waluigi being shown at the presentation on Thursday and I believe he won't be in as FP5, but I hope there is a small glimpse of him in the post-fighter's pass DLC. Fingers crossed either way...
From what it's been said the chance of post-FP DLCs might still have a highter chance of new universe trend. Even if the post-FP DLCs were decided after the FP, it doesn't seem wise to expect that NIntendo would do anything against the base game in my opinion.

And still we should beware that "fanbase of other NPCs" "Mario franchise overpresentation" are still the two major reasons for backlash if Waluigi is actually possible for post-FP DLCs. Personally I don't think why Waluigi couldn't target at Smash 6 over the post-FP DLCs if the former has a more supported opportunity.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
From what it's been said the chance of post-FP DLCs might still have a highter chance of new universe trend. Even if the post-FP DLCs were decided after the FP, it doesn't seem wise to expect that NIntendo would do anything against the base game in my opinion.

And still we should beware that "fanbase of other NPCs" "Mario franchise overpresentation" are still the two major reasons for backlash if Waluigi is actually possible for post-FP DLCs. Personally I don't think why Waluigi couldn't target at Smash 6 over the post-FP DLCs if the former has a more supported opportunity.
I don't think that many people are gonna complain about Mario being "over-represented". It's Nintendo's flagship series for crying out loud.

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
It's Nintendo's flagship series for crying out loud.
For people who honestly support the unpresented or less focused franchsies, they of course do, and it's technically legit. On the other hand we cannot blame on NIntendo if they don't want to do so, that's the difference here.

Like I said before, the general controversy would be more like why Waluigi wasn't in the top nine official choices for the Mario fighters, since the overpresentation of Mario series doesn't result in the inclusion of Waluigi as a fighter for now.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I do think this is Waluigi's first opportunity to show up....

However I wouldn't get too caught up in the possibility.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
They embrace the possibility that Waluigi will come before them for the casuals.
Not like you assume all of them do, if so other posts of the newcomer board wouldn't had existed.

Also regarding to NIntendo, it may also directly be questioned whether they were lying in past statements.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
So I was just thinking guys, if Waluigi got in what music and what stage should he come with? Here is my wish list for all of that:

Stage: Waluigi's Island (Mario Party 3)

Songs:

Waluigi Pinball New Remix (Mario Kart DS)
Waluigi's Island (Mario Party 3
Heeeere's Waluigi! (Mario Party 3)
Wario & Waluigi Court (Mario Tennis)
Wario and Waluigi's Theme (Mario Tennis Aces)
Waluigi's Theme (Mario Strikers Charged Football)
Wario City (Mario Super Sluggers) Technically isn't a Waluigi theme, but I'll go with it.

I can't think of what other songs he should have that are related to him. But that is my wish list, what do y'all think? I know Waluigi Pinball would be the most likely stage, but I highly prefer Waluigi's Island instead mostly due to strong Mario Party 3 nostalgia.

TheKnight

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3539-9322-9633
Switch FC
SW-2614-3733-6607
So I was just thinking guys, if Waluigi got in what music and what stage should he come with? Here is my wish list for all of that:

Stage: Waluigi's Island (Mario Party 3)

Songs:

Waluigi Pinball New Remix (Mario Kart DS)
Waluigi's Island (Mario Party 3
Heeeere's Waluigi! (Mario Party 3)
Wario & Waluigi Court (Mario Tennis)
Wario and Waluigi's Theme (Mario Tennis Aces)
Waluigi's Theme (Mario Strikers Charged Football)
Wario City (Mario Super Sluggers) Technically isn't a Waluigi theme, but I'll go with it.

I can't think of what other songs he should have that are related to him. But that is my wish list, what do y'all think? I know Waluigi Pinball would be the most likely stage, but I highly prefer Waluigi's Island instead mostly due to strong Mario Party 3 nostalgia.
That's a great list! A personal favorite of mine is Waluigi Pinball from Mario Sports Mix. It's not the actual Waluigi Pinball from Mario Kart, but a completely different song with the same name for some reason. Kind of a banger.

Top Bottom