• The Metagame documentary is a finalist in three awards this year. You can vote for it on the Esports Awards or rewatch today on Twitch.

• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

• Hey, you there! Yes, I'm talking to you, Guest!

Following Sora's announcement as the final fighter coming to Smash Bros. Ultimate, we've got an update on the future of the Newcomer Speculation forum. Please check it out!

The Future of Ultimate Newcomer Speculation

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
So did Sakurai ever say he was done with smash ultimate? As in no more post pass content?
nah all he said was that sora was the last dlc character in fp2, and that was the very last sakurai presents. he didnt say anything about spirit events, potential new stages, or post pass content at all

PunkApe

Coolest Monkey in the Jungle
Premium
nah all he said was that sora was the last dlc character in fp2, and that was the very last sakurai presents. he didnt say anything about spirit events, potential new stages, or post pass content at all
He said Sora would be the last fighter for Ultimate, and since those are what keep people around, chances are development will end shortly after Sora.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
So did Sakurai ever say he was done with smash ultimate? As in no more post pass content?
No offense but that does'nt seem to relevant with Waluigi specifically, if we only talk about Waluigi being future Smash fighter.

Last edited:

Karen6969

Smash Journeyman
He kept saying that that was the last presentation for the game. I don’t think he ever said that that was the last piece of content though. That is what I think was weird, I thought for sure they were going to do a wrap up to discuss how far smash has come/what to expect from smash going forward but they didn’t. Maybe the truth is they don’t know yet.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
He kept saying that that was the last presentation for the game. I don’t think he ever said that that was the last piece of content though. That is what I think was weird, I thought for sure they were going to do a wrap up to discuss how far smash has come/what to expect from smash going forward but they didn’t. Maybe the truth is they don’t know yet.
Well the deadline is December and they finished the last fighter in October.

subterrestrial

Smash Ace
He said Sora would be the last fighter for Ultimate, and since those are what keep people around, chances are development will end shortly after Sora.
nah lol there's rly no reason to assume that. we're definitely gonna keep getting balance patches & spirit events, the latter is ez promo

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Nintendo still using Waluigi for promotional stuff and merchandising.
This is cute and all but once again, just fluff and nothing else.

That trademark thing with the emblems better mean a new Wario Land game with Waluigi is coming or maybe even a Waluigi game is in development, cus otherwise Nintendo really is just trying to milk Waluigi/us for merchandising and advertising and nothing else... :/

a.Asdsa

Smash Rookie
Yeah we're not getting any more DLC. I do believe that "Smash 6" isn't that far away though, and it will probably just be an enhanced port for the next console a la Mario Kart 8. I think Waluigi will be one of the newcomers added.

He said "no more DLC fighters" though. That alone kills the Waluigi dream even if there is more content planned for the game

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
There won't be anything after Sora, I'm sure. Spirit events I can maybe see, or alternatively just a couple balance patches just in case it's 4 Bayonetta all over again, but I don't see any actual content outside of that being produced.

We will simply just have to wait for the next game.

walugurl

Smash Journeyman
New trailer for the Halloween tour is here! Vampire Waluigi looks fantastic! I love him!

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Master
Top Bottom