• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A New Wah-volution!: NEW Waluigi Support Thread

FancySmash

Smash Lord
Or you could do something original with him.
Right, abilities unique to him, correct? Like his Strikers Charged move and MP7 orb... which I'll admit he shares with Wario, but I don't think it takes away any from it being something of his.

Unless you mean do what they did for Captain Falcon, where they create moves specifically for the game. I don't recall the last time that was done outside of Falcon...

FancySmash

Smash Lord
you're talking about waluigi in a wario land game right

so why not invent new ideas
Oh, right. Well, it'd require Wario Land actually coming back for one thing. Ever since Wario Ware became more popular, the Land games sorta fell to the wayside. But I'd love to see it return, with multiplayer where Waluigi gets a chance to shine. As for giving them unique abilities, I'm not sure where to start. Waluigi would certainly need something in place of Wario's shoulder bash, because I just can't see him performing it, it doesn't really fit. Perhaps Waluigi would have the greater vertical movement options whilst Wario's are all horizontal, outside of his basic jump.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Add me to the list of supporters. I’ve been supporting Waluigi for quite a while now, and he’s really the only character besides Bandanna Dee and Master Chief that I want in Ultimate. I’ve been switching “mains” for quite some time now and while I like a few characters, I feel like none really represent me or my tastes well. None of the DLC, except for Banjo has been very exciting, so I’ll just hope and wait for my man to make it to playable status.
-Username contains Waluigi
-Sabaton as your avatar

Waluigi99

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-5516-0014-8137
-Username contains Waluigi
-Sabaton as your avatar
Yeah I got to see them in 2017 in Cleveland for the first (and unfortunately only) time for $10. They said it was the most receptive and hype crowd they've had in NA yet so I was very happy. Best live band I've heard. Favorite song is probably Hearts of Iron (one of my favorite games as well)
Yeah Waluigi, he needs his own game too. Imagine something where Waluigi goes around committing minor crimes like vandalism and cheating his way into a bank vault. Platformer and treasure hunting, with petty criminal shenanigans. His abilities and power ups should be as wacky as they are in teh spin-offs, as it's practically part of his character.
If Waluigi gets upgraded to playable status I will probably start going to local tourneys with him. I've never thought about doing so before, going pro with Waluigi, my favorite purple plumber, would be great.

SkeffVEVO

Smash Apprentice
I forgot to mention this, on the Geno thread there is (well was as I will explain later) a person there who had access to a private Discord group filled with Nintendo insiders (One of which being Sabi), and what he's been saying is that Waluigi has come up very frequently as a name for future Smash DLC and that the Paragon leak was actually true (partially). However, so many people with connections to Nintendo are scared to talk about Waluigi as he has a 50/50 chance of being a real character or leakbait, Nintendo is acting very strange with him and did C&D Paragon for talking about Waluigi. Nintendo is acting a lot weirder than they do with regular leakbait though so it's very confusing to tell if he is actually leakbait or playable.

Also the person who had access to this group has retired from it because of stress reasons. I don't want to name them incase they get harassed over it. I just wanted to share my findings.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I forgot to mention this, on the Geno thread there is (well was as I will explain later) a person there who had access to a private Discord group filled with Nintendo insiders (One of which being Sabi), and what he's been saying is that Waluigi has come up very frequently as a name for future Smash DLC and that the Paragon leak was actually true (partially). However, so many people with connections to Nintendo are scared to talk about Waluigi as he has a 50/50 chance of being a real character or leakbait, Nintendo is acting very strange with him and did C&D Paragon for talking about Waluigi. Nintendo is acting a lot weirder than they do with regular leakbait though so it's very confusing to tell if he is actually leakbait or playable.

Also the person who had access to this group has retired from it because of stress reasons. I don't want to name them incase they get harassed over it. I just wanted to share my findings.
Ehh
I'll believe it when I see it. I'd love to see Waluigi happen but the words of random people on discord isn't really enough to convince me. Waluigi is in a weird situation where he could happen depending on how the post pass DLC is treated.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Ehh
I'll believe it when I see it. I'd love to see Waluigi happen but the words of random people on discord isn't really enough to convince me. Waluigi is in a weird situation where he could happen depending on how the post pass DLC is treated.
With signs that the plans for the five FP fighters were finalized months before Sakurai said so, the lack of promoted ATs in this pass seems to be more about not having any negative reception to consider in March 2018 than the lack of "hype" or potential new content a Waluigi challenger pack could bring.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Waluigi isn't my second most wanted but he probably is the character I most want to see get in right now barring Isaac. I feel like either one of them getting in would reinvigorate Smash speculation again. (or to put it another way, it would blow speculation wide open again)

If we're going on fan demand I do think Waluigi and Isaac are the two most likely assists to get promoted (if its not just fan demand than I'm not as sure) Although I do think between the two Waluigi has the edge (I mean he got a reaction out of Nintendo)....and also he probably doesn't require them to make a stage...they probably wouldn't even need to add music if they didn't want to.

Though I would like to see a new Waluigi Pinball remix if Waluigi ever does get added as a playable fighter.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Waluigi isn't my second most wanted but he probably is the character I most want to see get in right now barring Isaac. I feel like either one of them getting in would reinvigorate Smash speculation again. (or to put it another way, it would blow speculation wide open again)

If we're going on fan demand I do think Waluigi and Isaac are the two most likely assists to get promoted (if its not just fan demand than I'm not as sure) Although I do think between the two Waluigi has the edge (I mean he got a reaction out of Nintendo)....and also he probably doesn't require them to make a stage...they probably wouldn't even need to add music if they didn't want to.

Though I would like to see a new Waluigi Pinball remix if Waluigi ever does get added as a playable fighter.
I want Waluigi not just because I love the character and I want Mario & Luigi vs Wario & Waluigi to finally happen in Smash, but also because I want speculation to be invigorated again. A lot of people are shutting down first party talk and laughing at those who still support first party picks. It's a really weird situation we're in where people don't want Nintendo characters in a Nintendo game because they're not "hype" enough or they're not "iconic" enough. I never thought I'd see this ever happen but here we are.

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Last month, I went to my first convention, Galaxycon, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. I got to see fellow Waluigi fans there! It's fun seeing other Waluigi fans in the open. I talked with some people who operated artist boothes and believe that Waluigi should be in Smash. I also talked to the artist who drew a print that I bought there (see avatar) and he is a big fan of Wario and Waluigi. Did anyone else in this thread go to Galaxycon as well? It was an amazing experience indeed.
Waluigi got a Bus Driver outfit in the new update of Mario Kart Tour!

View attachment 249828
Waluigi is best bus driver.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
All I can think whenever I see Postman Pat is this
I've seen that guy's videos before. I admire that he is critiquing preschool shows the same way we critique shows aimed at pre-teen audiences without fear of being mocked (since pre-schoolers do deserve great entertainment), but there is still something inherently funny about a video called "The Downfall of Postman Pat" or "The Problems with the Bob the Builder Reboot". speaking of videos about pre-school TV, you should seriously check out the YouTube channel Defunctland - it has videos chronicling the history of defunct theme park attractions and cancelled TV shows in depth - not just that, but it's really snarky and clever too.

also, I've been thinking Colour Theory, and nobody seems to bring up the colour pink, which while not a part of Waluigi's colour scheme, would fit his slight flamboyant side, especially if Sakurai was to play it up like he does for Wario's gross side or DK's non-existent "savage beast" side

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
also, I've been thinking Colour Theory, and nobody seems to bring up the colour pink, which while not a part of Waluigi's colour scheme, would fit his slight flamboyant side, especially if Sakurai was to play it up like he does for Wario's gross side or DK's non-existent "savage beast" side
Alternatively, since Waluigi wears a different shade of purple from the Luminary, he can destroy the theory entirely.

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
A lot of people are shutting down first party talk and laughing at those who still support first party picks.
Well, there are still quite many 1st party characters and franchises for choice, Waluigi is just one of them.
Put the assist deconfirmation and 1st party deconfirmation theories aside, we still have another obstacle against Waluigi, that he isn't from a new universe, but from a one that has overpresentation in Ultimate. I wouldn't say laughing, but it can be a reason for other fanbases to not welcome his inclusion right now.

Personally, I would like to see Waluigi to fight more because of my interest in him as an individual. Not that he must be paired with Luigi or Wario, Seriously, I think that idea should be executed in a Luigi Mansion or a Warioware title first if we're really upset that NIntendo don't take their relationships seriously.

Using pairing or relationship as sole reason is defective, since this can be applied to all other fighers who joined without their partners (Shulk no Riki, Yoshi no Birdo etc). We know, the slots are not enough for all partner/rival characters to join in the end.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
we still have another obstacle against Waluigi, that he isn't from a new universe, but from a one that has overpresentation in Ultimate. I wouldn't say laughing, but it can be a reason for other fanbases to not welcome his inclusion right now.
Many AT fanbases understand that Waluigi might come first, so I don't think that'd be a problem. Besides, Mario has the Get-Out-Of-Having-A-Large-Number-Of-Reps-Free card.

Oh and that "add new universes to Smash" thing could also be interpreted as "add to the universe of Smash".

Last edited:

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman
Many AT fanbases understand that Waluigi might come first, so I don't think that'd be a problem. Besides, Mario has the Get-Out-Of-Having-A-Large-Number-Of-Reps-Free card.

Oh and that "add new universes to Smash" thing could also be interpreted as "add to the universe of Smash".
Well, the problem is why fans who support other series cannot complain, tho? It's not like fans must accept every single decision Nintendo make, especially when it does no good to the purpose of Smash bros.

The fact remains that Nintendo picked nine other Mario reps prior to Waluigi. I feel that Waluigi fans should concern more about why he couldn't had made it in these nine, not that he must become the tenth in the shortest time.

As for assists there are also many good picks, not like those supporters all agree to gather their votes for Waluigi too.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
It's not like fans must accept every single decision Nintendo make
I certainly don't. And it's not like there aren't Waluigi fans who complain about Piranha Plant being the next Mario rep. The game isn't about counting how many fighters a series has anyway.

TheBrainJem

Smash Hero
NNID
TheBrainJem
Waluigi has recently been popping up again as the rumored 5th fighter pass fighter, and people are saying that's related to the whole daisy in that smash picture thing.

Fingers crossed, not expecting but I'm hopeful

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Waluigi has recently been popping up again as the rumored 5th fighter pass fighter, and people are saying that's related to the whole daisy in that smash picture thing.

Fingers crossed, not expecting but I'm hopeful
You know, it's great to see people talk about Waluigi this whether he is 5th character in the pass or not. It's a sign that he has become one of the big names of the speculation scene.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
You know, it's great to see people talk about Waluigi this whether he is 5th character in the pass or not. It's a sign that he has become one of the big names of the speculation scene.
That's more-so crossing out the list since the likes of Banjo, Ridley, and K. Rool got in.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Less than a half hour to the TGAs. Here's hoping if we get some post-pass fighter news that Waluigi somehow makes it in.

CroonerMike

Smash Lord
I think an entire moveset based on tennis for Waluigi would be hilarious. I know Waluigi really has so much moveset potential but put him in his tennis outfit and make him use all tennis based attacks would be pretty awesome.

I also believe doing that will help create a difference of assist trophy Waluigi and playable Waluigi.

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
how about some introductory taglines? I have:

Waluigi gammas in!
Too bad, Waluigi time!
Waluigi rigs the roster!
Waluigi shows his potential! (my personal favourite, a callback to "Ridley hits the big time!" as a reference to the "no moveset potential" argument, could also be seen as a reference to Waluigi's lack of self worth in canon)
Waluigi cheats the system!
Waluigi rolls the dice!
Waluigi causes a racket!

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
If Waluigi gets in as DLC then my preferred introductory tagline would be "Waluigi breaks the rules!".

Last edited:

Wario Wario Wario

Smash Legend
Given the vagueness Mario spin-offs leave about their characters, people tend to have a different interpretation or headcanon of Waluigi's personality - some think of him as evil, others think of him as misunderstood - I personally view him as the latter: a jerk who wants to be better, but just can't. he cares about people, but for whatever reason he's incapable of showing it, sorta like a school bully. Wario on the other hand I view as an unashamed rude jerk, who does have a heart but reserved only for a select few - such as Waluigi and his hen - if you can put up with Wario's ****, he'll probably like you, but most people can't.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
how about some introductory taglines? I have:

Waluigi gammas in!
Too bad, Waluigi time!
Waluigi rigs the roster!
Waluigi shows his potential! (my personal favourite, a callback to "Ridley hits the big time!" as a reference to the "no moveset potential" argument, could also be seen as a reference to Waluigi's lack of self worth in canon)
Waluigi cheats the system!
Waluigi rolls the dice!
Waluigi causes a racket!
Waluigi appears nonetheless!

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I think an entire moveset based on tennis for Waluigi would be hilarious. I know Waluigi really has so much moveset potential but put him in his tennis outfit and make him use all tennis based attacks would be pretty awesome.

I also believe doing that will help create a difference of assist trophy Waluigi and playable Waluigi.
This would literally be my worst nightmare. *shudders*

Dorayaki

Smash Journeyman

It's been noted above, unless Nintendo officially tagged Waluigi as a professional tennis athlete in Mario universe, we cannot exactly tell whether he was born for tennis or he is actually a bowling coach or taco vendor. At this point it's more seen as a fan meme. And it's be contradictory as Sakurai could has just scouted a tennis based character from a tennis game franchise instead.

I'm more curious about what his real career is in Mario universe, and it's something Nintendo owed us for quite a long time.

And, I don't think it's meaningful to wish for the coexistence theory of fighter and NPC, if that can happen to any other NPC in this game. The most direct proof is we don't have Ridley and Mac remain as NPCs in Ultimate.

Last edited:

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
I stumbled upon this page and realized that out of everyone on that list only Toad and Waluigi aren't playable in Smash. I really do hope to see Waluigi as DLC after the fighters pass is over, this is the only time that every character from Smash Bros history is playable and I don't want Waluigi to miss it.

So besides Smash, how do you imagine a game where Waluigi is the main character would look like?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I stumbled upon this page and realized that out of everyone on that list only Toad and Waluigi aren't playable in Smash. I really do hope to see Waluigi as DLC after the fighters pass is over, this is the only time that every character from Smash Bros history is playable and I don't want Waluigi to miss it.

So besides Smash, how do you imagine a game where Waluigi is the main character would look like?
My game would be him causing mischief and chaos around the Mushroom Kingdom and everywhere including DK's Island and Isle Delfino, the entire game would be open world.
-Steal Luigi's mustache while he's asleep at night.
-Sneak into Bowser's Castle and take his giant throne.
-Before a go-cart race, deflate all of the tires.
-Annoy Mario.
-Cheat at games.
-Go to Peach's Castle and mess up every single of her rooms.
-Cause a ruckus on Isle Delfino.
-Steal every single of Donkey Kong's Banana Hoard and blame it on K Rool.
-And couple more things I could come up with.
So much infinite possibilities of him doing hilarious and wacky things.
Waluigi: Most Wah-nted. (A take on the word "Most Wanted.")

Last edited:

MamaLuigi123456

Smash Champion
I found this cool concept for a game once where Waluigi gets sucked into this virtual world and needs to adventure his way out. All the areas had a Waluigi Pinball-like aesthetic, except more sci-fi based, which suits him pretty well.

Psycho Waluigi is also a really good fangame that handles the character and world real well. Highly recommend.

Last edited:
Top Bottom