• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Gift To The Link Boards

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Haha I'm not evne a link player and I enjoyed that. I want to llearn how to counter links hook shot, if there is any :s I play samus as well so hopefully her beam will cancel it out.
any info on that?

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
Haha I'm not evne a link player and I enjoyed that. I want to llearn how to counter links hook shot, if there is any :s I play samus as well so hopefully her beam will cancel it out.
any info on that?
space better

Samus's is longer and will hit past his

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Sweet, Thank you :) I space pretty well as samus, not really too sure how but those seeker missles are god.

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman
Very cool matches, if it weren't for that gimp the first match would've been a lot closer. So what happened in the third match and where can I find the tournament results?

also

WTF is up with this thread immediately being hijacked?
@Cherry64 - if you have questions that have nothing to do with this vid go to the Q&A vid or to the samus boards.

had to be canadian.....

Matt07

Smash Master
Awesome set, I really enjoyed this.

Third round made me sad, but awesome/amazing effort pulled my Deva.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Ha, I always root against MK. :bee:

Go Deva!

Shake~

Smash Journeyman
Dang, awesome matches.

What happened at 5:57 though? No star KO?

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Dang, awesome matches.

It happens occasionally. I have a match I plan on putting up where the exact same thing happens.

Yes, an awesome set indeed, though the third match is exactly why Metaknight shouldn't be tourney legal imo.

sasook

Smash Champion
Lol it was already in the video archive posted by Ritch and Oddler. We Link mains practically sit around waiting for these matches to be uploaded, but thanks for the matches anyway. Still gotta watch that third round, will comment on it afterwards.

Ending on the second one is LOL. NO ONE beats Deva on Norfair.

Ritch

Smash Journeyman
Lol i found it by going to the tourney results thread :p while i was looking at my tourney's result

(please dont look at the SWR: Inui and the B Button results thread >____>)

But yeah, Deva ***** MK's even if he gets gheyed in the end :(

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
As to the star KO; if you zair while flying off the top, you explode instead of star KOing, allowing you to respawn faster.

How can Link mains possibly not know that when I do? 0.o

Awesome set, I really enjoyed this.

Third round made me sad, but awesome/amazing effort pulled my Deva.
Good stuff here, you really do know your stuff. That 3rd match was a harsh reality though.
Yes, an awesome set indeed, though the third match is exactly why Metaknight shouldn't be tourney legal imo.
Wait...can someone explain to me how the heck you guys saw the third match? I took it down over 16 hours ago at 9 or 10 PM last night by request of both Deva and DSF. I'm confused. I'm clicking the link and I only see two matches.

Anyway, for the record; the third match was ugly, but Deva was exhausted at that point. Deva and DSF played several matches later (that were not recorded) and Deva beat him on Norfair again and took DSF to last stock on neutrals. He could consistently run him to last stock, with occasional flukes like that third round.

I only got three rounds recorded, but DSF and Deva both requested that the third match not be shown as it wasn't indicative of their games.

@Deva: how did the tournament go?
Deva and I tied for 9th. No clue who he lost to. I lost to Eggz twice, both in winners and losers :(

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Wait...can someone explain to me how the heck you guys saw the third match? I took it down over 16 hours ago at 9 or 10 PM last night by request of both Deva and DSF. I'm confused. I'm clicking the link and I only see two matches.
We're too quick for you. The moment anything related to top-notch Link players comes out we're all over it. Sent it to each other, everything. :laugh:

•Col•

Smash Champion
Dang, awesome matches.

It happens occasionally. I have a match I plan on putting up where the exact same thing happens.

If you Zair as you're dying at the top of the screen, you won't get Star ko'ed. Also works with Samus and Toon Link, I'm pretty sure.

Matt07

Smash Master
I watched when you first posted the video on youtube. I watched it around 9:00 pm EST, I just type in ssbb deva, found the match and watched it.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Good stuff, nice to know just what I'm up against.

Sharing a state with Deva is like living next door to a rapist/serial killer. You know it's going to happen ONE day, you're just not exactly quite sure when.

Also, thanks for the gift. I got you...
*Holds up an elegant dress*

A new dress for your Peach.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
xD you guys regularly search for new deva vids?
Can't blame you, he's way too good. :)

sasook

Smash Champion

Sharing a state with Deva is like living next door to a rapist/serial killer. You know it's going to happen ONE day, you're just not exactly quite sure when.

ROFL at this entire post

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer

You're also sharing a state with 19 other PR members who actually know the Link matchup, unlike every other state in the world. Including myself. Be afraid.
xD

sasook

Smash Champion
You're also sharing a state with 19 other PR members who actually know the Link matchup, unlike every other state in the world. Including myself. Be afraid.
xD
Another reason Wafflez just wants to meet Deva and give him a nice ol' stab hug.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
well at least deva hasnt ***** ya yet dude, be grateful because once ur *****, ur scarred for life <shows **** scar>

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Deva is such a ****ing beast. The fact that he had the stones to MM DSF's MK with Link raises my respect for the dude even more.

sasook

Smash Champion
Deva is such a ****ing beast. The fact that he had the stones to MM DSF's MK with Link raises my respect for the dude even more.
And did well (in the 1st 2 matches). You forgot that. It's one thing to challenge DSF's MK to a MM and get *****. It's another to challenge DSF's MK to a MM....and give him some tough competition.

Kief

Smash Ace
any info on that?
whoa whoa wait a second this couldnt be for when you play me next could it? -_-

and wow awesome job deva where would like be without you

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
And did well (in the 1st 2 matches). You forgot that. It's one thing to challenge DSF's MK to a MM and get *****. It's another to challenge DSF's MK to a MM....and give him some tough competition.
Thats a given though, nobody ***** Deva. :laugh:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Thats a given though, nobody ***** Deva. :laugh:
Especially on Norfair.
T_T

Seriously, I've been there and experienced it IRL. It's painful, absolutely painful. He's unstoppable there- not even by DSF.

At least I still have my Greens >-)

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Imagine if Deva was a sell out and actually played one of the best characters in the game......

Great stuff though Deva!

I so wanted to come to this but unfortunately things got in the way. If you guys are having this again at the same time next year I am definitely going to be there.

Chris.T.

Smash Rookie
i think at the end of the 2nd game, DSF got mindgamed with the returning tornado and the charged bow. Before falling into the lava, he probably was thinking about what to do next since he's at a high percentage and deva has the platform.

sasook

Smash Champion
Especially on Norfair.
T_T

Seriously, I've been there and experienced it IRL. It's painful, absolutely painful. He's unstoppable there- not even by DSF.
He really is unstoppable there. Like Arkive said:

norfair isn't a link stage

norfair is a Deva stage

i'm completely serious, nobody will EVER get close to playing on norfair like deva. deva is on a completely different level when playing on that stage. i'd say that our matches that we played were pretty even, until i set foot onto norfair. you will not beat deva on norfair.

Deva

Smash Lord
yeah lol, the last match was really bad xD. I sorta gave up after the norfair match, since I really just wanted to get some footage on that stage. But we did more mms that weren't recorded. The last match of this specific one did though, so we both requested not to put it up since it wasn't an accurate depiction of our match sets. That's one problem with Link, if you stop trying for even a second you get ***** lol.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Would I be arrogant if I were to say
Deva is to Norfair
As Praxis is to Green Greens?
xD

Maybe not quite yet, but sooooon...

Also, Deva on Norfair is seriously like a horror movie.

Top Bottom