• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A.C.T tourney march 8th (mario pro) Regeistering now!

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats cause I r good tourney host and had lots of helps and stuff.

anyways shoutouts

Meteor, lol yes great work man you killed it, and that fan suicide kill was quite easily the best
kill I've ever seen. and I'm not even gonna start with the klap trap survival.

toby, great matches man they were all close enough to go either way and those epic doubles strats
with meteor were unbeatable (getting into the box thing on pictochat so that they were untouchable and then charizard healing ness) epic. adaptogen brothers for life.

isaac, great work man, thanks heaps for helping me run the tourney and coming in 12th with a super low tier character, and you beat me in doubles well done

tedeth, wow man you were killing the competition and only lost a single round ( to me!, but it was cause I got lucky and then shaya said uptilt! so I did) and then you only came 3rd :( but your going to be one to watch out for next week.

shaya, what can I say, you double stocked me twice... mind games then win eh? Thanks for the advice and help with the tourney.

bogoron and silfa, great to finally meet you guys, quite impressive that you both came in the top 8, normally people dont do too well at their first tourney but you guys killed it well done.
shame I didnt get to play any matches with you guys.

jambo, repping act with the mario ****, too bad you hadnt played in so long, you would have done a lot better I reckon, you made a name for yourself though, all the sydney guys were like holy crap did you see those 2 mario players they were good.

and jamus and stereo, you guys have both improved quite a bit well done and jamus you almost made it into the top 8, well played guys

also clothes and controllers were left at my house

S.D

Smash Master
I already offered my congratulations to the incomparable METEOR MASTER, but I would also like to applaud Luke on running what sounds like a highly successful tournament. It's good to see these events spreading and more people willing to take on the responsibility of running tournaments.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats true, well you should come to the next one I hold cause the prize is gonna be awesome

Throwback

Smash Lord
isaac, great work man, thanks heaps for helping me run the tourney and coming in 12th with a super low tier character, and you beat me in doubles well done
Here is where I conveniently forget that Poke Trainer is lower than samus on the current tier list...anyway shoutouts:

Luke - great tournament as others have said. Didn't get to play you but gratz on getting 4th.

TCR - You're PT is amazing as always. Thanks for the friendlies on friday, maybe one day I will know what to do against squirtle/ivy.

Jambo - noob.

Silfa - very nice Mario, grats on making top 8. Hope to play you at some ACT meets.

Luffy - I don't think your placing reflected your skill level, I thought you were very good. Keep practising and like Silfa hope to see you at some meets.

Bogoron - woot another ACT player! Didn't get to play you but thanks for coming, you're obviously a quality player as per your top 8 placing. Come to some meets :p

Stereo - wow they were epic matches. Buy yourself a wii!

Tkls - you've improved since last time, keep it up.

Gords - Great play in doubles, some of your bomb techs are really impressive. Zair ftw! I need to play against more diddy, you completely schooled me in the singles. Ouch.

Defiled - didn't get to play you this time but good to see you. I expected you to do better, you have an amazingly encyclopedic grasp of the whole roster.

L2170 - Thanks for coming down, hope to see your TL at some more tournies.

Meteor - I'm kinda glad you won since it makes your complete dominance of me in the singles somehow less embarassing....gratz on the win.

Anyone else - I had a great time and everyone was cool. Thanks for coming!

jamus

Smash Apprentice
It was an AWESOME tournament and I had heaps of fun, even more than Dont Come. It turns out that Canberrians are a prettty cool bunch of people, probably a bit nicer than Sydney guys :p

Anyway highlights for me included:

Getting lost in Canberra on the way to Luke's house. That was fun.LOL

Placing decent in the singles tournament.

The epic crew battles at Luke's house. They were hilarious. Especially with items.

Winning the four-way Link ditto =)

Anyway Im not gonna do a full set of shoutouts but I will especially thank LUKE for hosting the tournament and having us all stay at his house. Best tourney host ever.

And PLANETSTEREO for driving us up there and back! Also thanks for being my doubles partner (We actually won a teams battle?!? nice! lol)

Silfa

Smash Ace
Yeah, a very awesome tournament. Big thanks to Luke, Throwback and everyone who helped to make it all work. Also a huge thanks to everyone pretty much for being friendly and nice and all that.

My placing was certainly suprising I have to say, hopefully that's something I can keep up, lol (not very likely :p). I had some great and intense games over the day which was awesome. Mario dittos agaisnt Jambo coming to mind here.

Pretty much just had great time. A very memorable experience.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol isaac I came 4th in the swiss rounds but then after that the top 8 moved in the singles double elim bracket and I lost to defiled so I actually came 5th and he came 4th

tedeth

Smash Master
Absolutely awesome tourney luke. I had a great time. The organisation was great and there was some good quality play from everyone.

Shoutouts:

Luke: The only person to beat me in swiss! You played really well, our camping wars of reflector and laser vs grenates and nikita was the most tactical camping ive ever been involved in. Again, great effort running such a successful tourney.

Toby: Man I thought you had me in that first game of swiss we played. Thank god for the accidental glide lol. You improve everytime I see you and you're really making a name for PT in aus. Can't wait till you **** scar.

Meteor: Oh man, great matches in the losers final. How does your R.O.B get so epic when you never play as him? I felt like such an idiot after that SD in the first game I could have cried. Grats on the win man you deserve it.

Shaya: dsmash in ur face mutha ****er. lol. Nah you played well, I should have made the winners final closer tho, bit disappointed with that after beating you in swiss.

Everyone else: Too tired... may add more later....

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
tedeth: If you take notice, his ROB plays about 85% the same as his ness. It's just ROB is that much better as a character :).

ANYWAY.

Doubles Grand Finals:
Jab to **** (Shaya + Maurer) vs Rocksmash Flash [is sexy] (Meteor + TCR)

Matches 1 + 2
Matches 3 + 4

Loser's Finals: tedeth vs Meteor Master
Matches 1 + 2
Match 3

Grand Finals: Meteor Master vs Shaya
Matches 1 + 2
Matches 3 + 4
Match 5

Other Videos!
THE ULTIMATE BATTLE BETWEEN REAL MEN! (I'm not sure of the names of the two Canberrian opponents)
Jab to **** vs Rocksmash Flash bracket match (1/2)
Jab to **** vs Rocksmash Flash bracket match (2/2)
Shaya vs Tedeth (Winner's Final Set)
Shaya vs Defiled (Match 2 of the set)
Shaya vs Bogoron (full set)

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
ROB doesn't kill with grabs, I actually use smashes with ROB unlike Ness, a lot of ROBs general game relies on laser use and comboing with a gyro. Ness plays more offensively and requires a lot of midair juggling and use of storng throws to keep the other person off of their feet, ROB can do this, but the application is far from Ness'.

And I agree with Turt, you clearly were biassed with a lot of the extra recording.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Ahem, "Hey, do you want to record this match?"

Just about everyone: "No."

Did anyone ask if they could record a match either? No.

this is truth

anyways, new tourney is organized, post if your going to show up, do it

Silfa

Smash Ace
I'm not 100% on what I'll be doing that weekend, but I definitely want to go. I'll confirm in the nearish future.

I'll be able to bring a Wii.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
alright, canberrians unite!
hopefully we can fit in a crew battle this time

who could beat a crew of me, tcranter, jambo, silfa and meteor all using mario and luigi. (and maybe a ness)

Silfa

Smash Ace
Silfa is cool.

he mains mario and doesn't afraid of anything.

silfa come so we can have moar friendlies and epic matches.
hmm.. this is true..

Also, mario, luigi and friends crew would be fair awesome.

May as well just confirm me I suppose. If something does come up I'll know a couple of weeks before anyway.

jambo

Smash Cadet
I'm in, I'll check if Chaz, Matt and Lach are keen too. I can bring a wii and TV again. Are you booking the same venue ? That was sweet, only 2 mins from my house.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
if only you were there dekar, you would know (actually I really just couldnt think of a good name)
turtle are you really gonna come?
bring s.d with you, needs moar doubles champions of australia.
also yes its at the same place jambo.

ComboTurtle

Smash Lord
if only you were there dekar, you would know (actually I really just couldnt think of a good name)
turtle are you really gonna come?
bring s.d with you, needs moar doubles champions of australia.
also yes its at the same place jambo.

nah i dont do brawl tournaments except that got games one cause i wanna go to melbourne

Top Bottom