• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

A Brawl+ Tourney, 4/19, Queens, NY

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
a. Introduction
b.Location/Time
c. Fees/Prizes
d. Rules
e. Attendance/Setup List
f. Notes

a. Introduction

As you may (or may not) have noticed from the title of this thread, this is a Brawl+ ONLY tourney. This tournament is done not only to increase the user base for Brawl+ but also because a lot of us want competition with and for it.

b. Location/Time

Anime Castle in Flushing, NY.
Exact address:
35-32 Union Street
Flushing, NY 11354.

Directions:
Train: Take 7 Train to Main St. Flushing, walk up 1 block to Union St. (assuming you’re in Roosevelt Ave. w/ Main St.) and then take left about 2-3 blocks until you get to Northern Blvd. Anime Castle is right next to Flushing High School.

Driving: Google Maps or Mapquest is what to use here. Just enter the exact address given above.

Bus: Q44 and Q20A will leave you right next of Flushing High School, you can’t miss such a place.
*If you happen to get lost, feel free to PM me and I’ll give you my cell #.

April 19, 2009
The tournament registration will start at 12 PM. Tournament will start at 1 PM.

c. Fees and Prizes

Singles: $10
Venue Fee: $0
No Doubles Tourney will be held.

Discounts:
If you bring a Brawl+ enabled Wii, $7 tourney fee.

1st Place:
If 10-15 people attend: iPod Shuffle
15-20: Video Game of Choice.
20+: iPod Nano 4G
(Prizes may vary at tourney, this is just the base)

2nd & 3rd place is to be discussed.

d. Rules

The latest version of Brawl+ will be used as of 4/12.
The format will be a double elimination bracket.

SINGLES

* 4 Stock
* 8 Minute Time Limit
* No Items
* If you need to add your name to change your controls, please remember to do so, and do it quickly. You can’t quit in the middle of a match if you realize your controls are wrong.
* Match two/three will first consist of the previous loser picking a stage, then the previous winner picking their character, and finally the previous loser picking their character.
* You may not counterpick a stage you have already won on earlier that set.
* Neutral Stages (stages changed due to Brawl+ will be CAPS):
o Final Destination
o Battlefield
o Smashville
o Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
o Lylat Cruise
o POKEMON STADIUM 2
o LUIGI'S MANSION
* Counterpick Stages:
o WARIO WARE
o Delfino Plaza
o Frigate Orpheon
o Battleship Halberd
o Castle Siege
o PIRATE SHIP
o Jungle Japes
o Corneria
o Rainbow Cruise
o Brinstar
o Pokemon Stadium
* If there is a dispute over controller ports, play Rock Paper Scissors for it (best 2 out of 3, no items, FD only).
* Suicide Move Rules: (all situations are when both players are at 1 stock)
o If a player successfully ends the match with either Bowser or Ganondorf's over B attack by suicide, then the player who initiated the move wins.
o If a player ends the match by swallowing with Kirby or DDD and falling off the stage and the game counts it as a tie, the player who initiated the swallow move wins. If the player who was swallowed is shown as winning the match (in the instance the broke out right before they died which some people might not notice), then they win.

e. Attendance/Setup List

Attendance:
-

Setup count:
4 TVs
3 Brawl+ Wii
NinjaLink - Brawl+ Wii
GuruKid - Brawl+ Wii

f. Notes

*If you have any questions, feel free to ask them on this thread. I’ll try to answer them ASAP.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
**** why so many neutrals? O_o
If it is because Pokemon Stadium 2 and Luigi's Mansion, Brawl+ makes it so that there are no gimmicks (stage changes) in Pokemon Stadium 2 and also makes it so that Luigi's Mansion is loaded without the Mansion (is already destroyed).

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
i thought Wario WAre was neutral. Last B+ tourney i joined had it neutral. I have a wii i can bring.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So many Brawl+ tourneys popping up. That makes me so happy. There's 2 tourneys here in MD/VA coming up where B+ will be a main event alongside Brawl.

NL plays B+ now? :gasp: Last time I talked to you about it you didn't even wanna try it :p

Snakeee

Smash Master
I never played this game before, I'd consider it but this is the same day as Viridian which was planned out a while ago. You should really try to change the date -_-

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
I might if I could but I'm not exactly the host of the tournament, just doing the post. Just another regular like any of you xD.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
No, I didn't hear about that one.

I won one too btw :p and I've forfeited grand finals TWICE in 2 other B+ tourneys because I had to leave :ohwell:

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Cool, I'll try to come as well...what public transport goes by there?
Also, Pirate Ship mod is out it looks like...I'm going to update my thread later about it.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Cool, I'll try to come as well...what public transport goes by there?
Also, Pirate Ship mod is out it looks like...I'm going to update my thread later about it.
Train: Take 7 Train to Main St. Flushing, walk up 1 block to Union St. (assuming you’re in Roosevelt Ave. w/ Main St.) and then take left about 2-3 blocks until you get to Northern Blvd. Anime Castle is right next to Flushing High School.

Bus: Q44 and Q20A will leave you right next of Flushing High School, you can’t miss such a place.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Another B+ tourney? Awesome; I'm soooo coming to this.

I'll bring a Wii w/ Brawl+ if more setups are needed. I'm a bit bummed about the lack of doubles for this, but hey... a singles tourney is better than no tourney, I guess.

And yeah... shouldn't Warioware be considered a neutral now?

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
warioware is too small for a neutral. you wouldn't want poor ol squirtle to die even sooner now guru would you?
i might come to this. MIGHT.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
That's great. Glad you all hyped about a Brawl+ tourney like I am.

Guru and NL, those Wii's will be very much appreciated. We need 3 in total, any other?

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
theres only going to be 3 set-ups? o_O
We're going to be needing three because we already have the rest. Since there are 4 TVs, there will most likely be 4 set ups. The place is large, but not exactly huge either.

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
so...no cash prize, and only first gets a prize...gotcha.
lol, I spoke that to the dude about that to the dude hosting the tourney, I too know people prefer cash prizes, but apparently his boss says "anything but cash prizes", lol, so yeah.

And there will be 2nd and 3rd prizes as far as I know, I'm just not aware of them yet xD.

DaiAndOh

Smash Ace
Sorry, just found out today I can't make it :(, have exam review.

Have fun everyone, and hope to see you in a few weeks.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Why is anime castle hosting this? Their is so ****in small,next to flushing hs which looks like a dropout school. Also from the past anime castle gives horrid prizes. Not to mention they use a projector.
Dude last time I won 1st for a random USED manga -.-

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Why is anime castle hosting this? Their is so ****in small,next to flushing hs which looks like a dropout school. Also from the past anime castle gives horrid prizes. Not to mention they use a projector.
dot dot dot. Hope you're joking, bro. lol

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Yeah, that does sux, no joke. It happened to one of my friends too.
Flushing High School is a horrible jail looking school as well, lmao.

But this time, you don't see a random USED manga in the prize list.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
dot dot dot. Hope you're joking, bro. lol
Why would I? they usually hold weeklies, i won 1st place twice in two of their weeklies. No competition at all either; only probably 1-2 competitive ppl will be there. Not to mention, when i played, it was just the choice of either bf/fd no cp stages, best 2/3 ONLY in grand finals. And only a projector is used. The venue is slightly like Play N Trade but tiny bit bigger

Yeah, that does sux, no joke. It happened to one of my friends too.
Flushing High School is a horrible jail looking school as well, lmao.

But this time, you don't see a random USED manga in the prize list.
It really is man. They hold their tourney on friday at 4pm @ weeklies, all u see is friggin gangs walking around near anime castle it's freakin scary. And dude, i won STORE credits for 1st place. the prize is RANDOM from what i got. so basically i win $3, and get my money back. Wtf is that ****???

all the stuff i say is true, a huge LAGGY projector, crap rules, crap time, almost crap everything. Although there is alot of anime **** there lol. Not trying to put down the competition here, just warning ALL of you of the outcome so you wont be pissed off of what you get. Seeiing as how its $20 and the best prize is VIDEO GAME which is like $50 worth?

@ nyrox come to this ****, ill mm your samus and kick ur *** with my mario brothers son :laugh:

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
Why would I? they usually hold weeklies, i won 1st place twice in two of their weeklies. No competition at all either; only probably 1-2 competitive ppl will be there. Not to mention, when i played, it was just the choice of either bf/fd no cp stages, best 2/3 ONLY in grand finals. And only a projector is used. The venue is slightly like Play N Trade but tiny bit bigger

It really is man. They hold their tourney on friday at 4pm @ weeklies, all u see is friggin gangs walking around near anime castle it's freakin scary. And dude, i won STORE credits for 1st place. the prize is RANDOM from what i got. so basically i win $3, and get my money back. Wtf is that ****???

all the stuff i say is true, a huge LAGGY projector, crap rules, crap time, almost crap everything. Although there is alot of anime **** there lol. Not trying to put down the competition here, just warning ALL of you of the outcome so you wont be pissed off of what you get. Seeiing as how its $20 and the best prize is VIDEO GAME which is like $50 worth?

@ nyrox come to this ****, ill mm your samus and kick ur *** with my mario brothers son :laugh:
I find it so hard to imagine someone cursing so much while wearing a Haruhi avatar and sig... My mind is breaking I tell ya..

Anyways, I'm the one who put these rules straight because I know how tourneys work. Unfortunately, that's the most I can do, can't say anything on the prizes unfortunately.
Luck and see you there.

Bad tournies is why i learned to be a T.O XD
That's.... nice. Now, wth is T.O? lol

GuruKid

Smash Ace
T.O. = Tournament Organizer. Basically the one who's running the whole thing.

Sucks you had those unfortunate experiences, Hippie, but it looks like this will be run a bit more smoothly (at least as far as rules go).

That whole projector thing WILL be a problem to many, though. Unless it's being used solely for spectating, which I fear isn't the case...

But yeah... if anything, just consider this a sort of Smashfest, I suppose.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I find it so hard to imagine someone cursing so much while wearing a Haruhi avatar and sig... My mind is breaking I tell ya..

Anyways, I'm the one who put these rules straight because I know how tourneys work. Unfortunately, that's the most I can do, can't say anything on the prizes unfortunately.
Luck and see you there.

That's.... nice. Now, wth is T.O? lol
My avy =/= my cursing but ok lol..

Sorry for that its frustrating to see money&time wasted on silly things. You dont want a refund after getting knocked out first round now do you? :laugh: Course not XD imo it should be $5 venue since its so small lol but thats just me.
Also there was only 4 curses in that post if u call that alot LOL

@Guru smashfest arent $20 are they? o.o

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
My avy =/= my cursing but ok lol..

Sorry for that its frustrating to see money&time wasted on silly things. You dont want a refund after getting knocked out first round now do you? :laugh: Course not XD imo it should be $5 venue since its so small lol but thats just me.
Also there was only 4 curses in that post if u call that alot LOL

@Guru smashfest arent $20 are they? o.o
4 curses in a post = a lot. Unless you just feel like killing it, lol.

$10 per entry is the usual entry fee, I don't see a problem with that.
Unless the owner suddenly changes crap, everything should (and I emphasize on that, "SHOULD") go smoothly.

Skip2MaLoo

Smash Lord
4 curses in a post = a lot. Unless you just feel like killing it, lol.

$10 per entry is the usual entry fee, I don't see a problem with that.
Unless the owner suddenly changes crap, everything should (and I emphasize on that, "SHOULD") go smoothly.
Four ****ing curses is not a ****ing lot man, I mean ****, I've seen and heard worst **** from *******s on the internet.

Also, not coming to this because..I rather shoot some hoops. Good luck to all who attend

NyroX

Smash Cadet

Bring it hippie, you'll be kicking the floor after i whip luigis ***!! or........marios lol

NyroX

Smash Cadet
I'm confused, people tell me its on a Sunday, but the 18th is on a Saturday o.O

Please update if possible, i am so confused lol.

Top Bottom