• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/20 Syracuse Smash Tourney!!! Get Your Spot Now!

Sama-san

Smash Cadet
I'll be comming with TML... I'll be doing teams... not sure about singles, depends on who shows up...

-Tao

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
somebody just had to host SOMETHING in syracuse, its the middle of the state, people will come. it gets the cities rochester and albany interested, they are big regions people just need to SEE THIS **** promote in regional zone and stuff. people love smash lol gfaqs too drop topics all over. plus i know smashers at SU i told them about it. only thing is its on a sunday or am i just dumb? thats a little silly but w/e its only 40 mins for me to get there

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Oh wow, it is on a Sunday. Something about that number 20 was throwing me off, I guess that was it. o_0

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
We definitely did.

I believe we arrived at the conclusion that: "It doesn't conflict with A 51, this is a good thing."

altairian

Smash Lord
There's no way anyone is passing by SUNY Albany en route to this is there? I would like to go (gotta represent LI lol) but I have no ride. I can pitch in for gas money, and If I go I can bring a wii. Just puttin it out there.
lol I'm coming from the Saratoga area...wouldn't be hard for me to swing by Albany on the way out. However, I am going out saturday night for Gaia's smashfest and will be staying till the end of Brawl singles on sunday. Also I already have 2 other pickups planned in Binghamton and Ithaca. So if you're okay with all that, toss me a PM.

@the other guys I'm giving a ride, please PM me or talk to me on AIM and let me know where you live. Phone numbers would be nice as well so I can get in touch with you if I get lost for some reason (I'll have a GPS but you never know).

edit: whoops, should check my PM's before posting >_>

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
lol I'm coming from the Saratoga area...wouldn't be hard for me to swing by Albany on the way out. However, I am going out saturday night for Gaia's smashfest and will be staying till the end of Brawl singles on sunday. Also I already have 2 other pickups planned in Binghamton and Ithaca. So if you're okay with all that, toss me a PM.

@the other guys I'm giving a ride, please PM me or talk to me on AIM and let me know where you live. Phone numbers would be nice as well so I can get in touch with you if I get lost for some reason (I'll have a GPS but you never know).

edit: whoops, should check my PM's before posting >_>
AIM please? Mines CJTHeroofTime (how convenient?)
Edit: nvm I just figured out I can access it via ur profile... good idea smashboards! lol

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
oh. link to that other tourny please anyone, whats this new place called? put a51 out of business that sucks but hey a51 had it coming lol

Kantō

Smash Champion
thanks guys for bringing more stuff for setups. more people are signing up and this thing is gunna be great!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Not yet, I was only a maybe before, but now I have a ride. I can bring an extension cord/surge protector to this, I dont have my melee, but I can bring a memory card with melee data just in case we need one. Oh and btw, your phone number is ridiculous, it has too many 4s 8s and 0s.

Is there anyone who needs a partner for this? I'd like someone who has some experience in teams(hopefully with good results, not that Ive done amazingly in the past lol). I use ROB, I can be pretty defensive, Im good for getting some kills and I can do stock tank if need be(in the past Ive always been better than my partner, so idk if this is true if im with someone better than me lol) I have no problem deciding at the event after some friendlies or something.

Sharky

Smash Master
Not yet, I was only a maybe before, but now I have a ride. I can bring an extension cord/surge protector to this, I dont have my melee, but I can bring a memory card with melee data just in case we need one. Oh and btw, your phone number is ridiculous, it has too many 4s 8s and 0s.

Is there anyone who needs a partner for this? I'd like someone who has some experience in teams(hopefully with good results, not that Ive done amazingly in the past lol). I use ROB, I can be pretty defensive, Im good for getting some kills and I can do stock tank if need be(in the past Ive always been better than my partner, so idk if this is true if im with someone better than me lol) I have no problem deciding at the event after some friendlies or something.
I'm looking for a doubles partner, my teams experience is about the same as yours lol. We can play some games at the smashfest sat. night to see if we mix well, I guess, haha.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
When I first saw the post for this tourney, i thought to myself.

"oh, thats cute, some newbie likes smash and wants to have a scrub tourney, looks like another free pay day for me and neil. I better get a few people to come to this, since everyones probably gonna quit after we **** them"

but after seeing the fruits or my amazing hype, the drive of the TO and partners and some highly fortunate circumstances. Im thinking that this really is going to be a amazing event that I really going to have a lot of fun at. and not only that. the backing of the people that are going to attend, I feel lucky that Im going to have a part in the success of a New York State Regional Smash tournament event, because thats realy what this is now. A regional event.

I just want to say thank you in advance to everyone that is going to be in attendance, and I will personally do everything in my power to ensure that this tourney is run as efficient and nicely as possible.

Good Luck to everyone, and I will see you all on Sunday.

-KID-

Kantō

Smash Champion
When I first saw the post for this tourney, i thought to myself.

"oh, thats cute, some newbie likes smash and wants to have a scrub tourney, looks like another free pay day for me and neil. I better get a few people to come to this, since everyones probably gonna quit after we **** them"

but after seeing the fruits or my amazing hype, the drive of the TO and partners and some highly fortunate circumstances. Im thinking that this really is going to be a amazing event that I really going to have a lot of fun at. and not only that. the backing of the people that are going to attend, I feel lucky that Im going to have a part in the success of a New York State Regional Smash tournament event, because thats realy what this is now. A regional event.

I just want to say thank you in advance to everyone that is going to be in attendance, and I will personally do everything in my power to ensure that this tourney is run as efficient and nicely as possible.

Good Luck to everyone, and I will see you all on Sunday.

-KID-

i dont think it would have been the same with out your help KID.
you have done a lot and helped me organize this so it can be the best it can be.

let this be the start of a great ongoing regional tourney and bring the community together for sake of smashin' :chuckle:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Just for the sake of my own ego...

1.bry
2. Al
3. Scott
4. Dan
5. Magoo
6. King
7. Jimmy
8. Vic
9. Mook
10. Caits
11. Carl
12. Jamo
13. Steven
14. KC
15. Slodki
16. Dean
17. Paul
18. Lenca
19. Olyn
20. altairian
21. 1337-zero
22. pikapika!
23. xxx
24. cura
25. Eevee
26. the manalord

27. O.M.R
28. Zeldaspaz
29. 1337's friend
30. K.I.D.Goggles
31. hubble

32. TjR!0
33. andyisjudo
34. JesiahTEG
35. booza
36. X-O
37. snowman
38. sharky
39. San
40. dudutsai

41. Tao
42. TML
43. Artery_clogger
44. CJTHeroofTime

I have bolded all the people that I am certain are attending this tourney as a direct result of my actions. i think the people that I got to come indirection might even be higher.

GET AT MY HYPE GAME! ITS TOO GOODZ

and for the record, Im fairly certaiin that number 26 and number 42 are the same person

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
I'm looking for a doubles partner, my teams experience is about the same as yours lol. We can play some games at the smashfest sat. night to see if we mix well, I guess, haha.
Alright, sounds good. Who do you play in dubz, do you rock the Yoshi?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Okay first. Me and frannie were on the attendance list before we even moved down here Lol you had nothing to do with it!! And second Mad props to altairian For going out of his way and picking up random kidz he may not know. Without him we'd be 30$ less in the pot.

altairian

Smash Lord
Okay first. Me and frannie were on the attendance list before we even moved down here Lol you had nothing to do with it!! And second Mad props to altairian For going out of his way and picking up random kidz he may not know. Without him we'd be 30$ less in the pot.
:D
Just doing what I can to help out, I think I'm the ONLY person from east of syracuse that's driving to the tourney o_O

btw, what time will it be cool for us to show up for the smashfest?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I still think im teamamteless. Maybe ill just do singles Lol unless someone good wants to team.

Top Bottom