• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/20 Syracuse Smash Tourney!!! Get Your Spot Now!

Sharky

Smash Master
tomorrow sounds good then, I get out of class at 1 tomorrow so anytime after that

also, put me on the list!

Sharky

Smash Master
sounds good, pm me address/time and whatnot

edit: People need to stop calling syracuse part of western new york, it's central, ****it.

Sharky

Smash Master
goggles you sound like an ignorant nyc kid now >_>

hell yeah fun matches, nice to actually play some people offline for once. =D

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
oh you mad?

you just mad cus WNY stylin on you

and besides, if you consider yourself CNY instead of WNY youre like insta awful at smash

altairian

Smash Lord
So it turns out that I have the day before the tourney off from work, anyone interested in hosting a bit of a smashfest the day before for practice maybe? And could give me a place to crash that night? ;)

Sharky

Smash Master
I may or may not be able to provide housing in my living room (the couches are comfy and I have a matress), but I can't say for sure til tomorrow, I gotta ask my dad first

dudutsai

Smash Lord
So it turns out that I have the day before the tourney off from work, anyone interested in hosting a bit of a smashfest the day before for practice maybe? And could give me a place to crash that night? ;)
Are you going to be drinking? I think I will be going, but not if my driver has had alcohol..
Will still pay for gas. With the melee money I'm winning with KID loll

altairian

Smash Lord
I may or may not be able to provide housing in my living room (the couches are comfy and I have a matress), but I can't say for sure til tomorrow, I gotta ask my dad first
No rush, still have like 2 weeks to figure stuff out. I can use all the practice I can get so I'm hoping someone will host a practice night ;)

Are you going to be drinking? I think I will be going, but not if my driver has had alcohol..
Will still pay for gas. With the melee money I'm winning with KID loll
Didn't have any plans to drink lol. I've driven drunk once and that was enough for me, I felt pretty ****ing stupid afterward. :mad:

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
i'm going to wear my hair blowout and wear huge aviators and a polo shirt and urban camo cutoff shorts

not even kidding im gonna rock this tourny

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Does anybody either, live near or plan on driving through ithaca? cause my brawl teams partner needs a pickup and I really need him to be at this thing

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
read the rest of the thread and that question will be answered.

once again, is anybody passing through ithaca on their way to get to this tourney?

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im definitely down to throw a smashfest at my place on Saturday when i get back from the Rochester tournament. If kids are down. Ill probably make a thread post if enough people show interest. Ill provide housing for kids BUT YOU MUST SHOWER BEFORE COMING OVER.

SMELLY KIDS WILL BE CHARGED VENUE.
I AM NOT AFRAID TO EMBARRASS YOU IN FRONT OF EVERYONE

SHOWER.

Kantō

Smash Champion
why is everyone so concerned with the time, i wrote that when there were only 15 players, were up to 38 so obviously it will be longer...

hahaha gaia dont like smelly kids lol

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Not this saturday. Saturday beforethis toureny. Which would be the 19th. And it wont be till after the rochester tournament.

altairian

Smash Lord
Not this saturday. Saturday beforethis toureny. Which would be the 19th. And it wont be till after the rochester tournament.
I'll come for sure. Would I be able to crash at your place for the night? Like a 2.5 hour drive for me to get to syracuse ><

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
there should be a venue fee reduction if you bring a setup. this is looking decently big and this will fail soooo hard with lack of setups.

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Need to ask this again.

Anyone driving up near Ithaca/1 hour southwest from Syracuse? I just really need a ride with someone if possible =)

altairian

Smash Lord
San, assuming that dudutsai is getting a ride from me, then I'll be going from Binghamton to Syracuse, and Ithaca isn't too much of a detour from that route. Are you KID's doubles partner? He PM'ed me earlier about the possibility of giving someone from Ithaca a ride, just wondering if you're the same guy or if there's two people I might be picking up in Ithaca :p

@dudutsai, are you definitely going to the tourney? Want to get things sorted out soon so I'm prepared.

edit: also I support a venue fee reduction for bringing setups, since I'm bringing a full setup ;) ;)

Kantō

Smash Champion
listen guys, mabye i can so a reduced venue, im not sure though, this place cost me 350 dollars to rent out, plus 125 for renters insurance. all of this money is comming out of MY pocket. my GF is not too happy about it either considering we live paycheck to paycheck. im not looking to make money off this, just to break even so i can do this again next month hopefully. so please dont complain about the venue fee.

aslo im not taking you guys for granted bringing setups. i love all the help you guys have given me and i appreciate u guys bringing setups, but honostly i dont think im going to be able to reduce the venue fee. im sry, but thats just the way it is.

altairian

Smash Lord
It's cool, nobody wants you to have to lose money for hosting a tournament. That is a pretty expensive venue, but it's looking like you'll have no problems covering the fees =)

Did you have to pay in advance? Kinda blows if you did =\

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
im just saying people will rage about the tourny and flip out and want money back if there are no setups ive seen it happen. stress it more that we need setups

Kantō

Smash Champion
It's cool, nobody wants you to have to lose money for hosting a tournament. That is a pretty expensive venue, but it's looking like you'll have no problems covering the fees =)

Did you have to pay in advance? Kinda blows if you did =\
yes i did have to pay in advance, two days ago i did. but im not complaining about having to pay for it. im doing it so we can all have fun and play smash. thats all i want really, haha to play new people and expand the community is the main purpose of this event. this should become a regular thing in syracuse hopefully if everything goes to plan:chuckle:

also i dont think we will have a problem with setups. worst case scenario will be stuck with a minimum of 8 or so setups. but this is just an estimate on a bad turnout, so dont worry. im doing my best to get as many setups as possible, my buddy is the manager of my local gamestop and if all goes well, he will be bringing us 5 wiis and copies of brawl. this is still to be indetermined if he can do this or not but i will be contacting him tommorow.

on the other hand if the majority of the people or groups of people at least bring one setup, we should have nothing to worry about:chuckle:

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
I will be bringing a TV, Recording setup/Live stream , Wii with Brawl. Also for those who are gonna smash at my house on the 19th and need housing. Please send me a PM. Stating that you will need housing. If enough people need housing i will post a thread about the small fest and will post ground rules and dos and donts of my apartment. I also live 5-10 minutes away from where the tourney will be held so Its pretty simple to get their from my house.

Sharky

Smash Master
I'll be coming to the smashfest but don't worry I'll just bike home afterward no need to burden you with another person overnight lol.

Top Bottom