• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/20 Syracuse Smash Tourney!!! Get Your Spot Now!

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Yo Bry, #'s 29 and 35 are also the same person. I'm only bringing one buddy.

The dude can't get his own name straight XD. Call him "Y.M.G", I'm pretty sure that'll be his name.

Pr_I_me

Smash Rookie
Just to make sure im not a total ******, we are talking about Saracuse, in central NY.
Like, near Utica.

Cause i dont wanna drive all the way out there then BAW because theres another magical NY out there.
Besides, ill have 2 or 3 other people coming so that pot gets fatter.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Just to make sure im not a total ******, we are talking about Saracuse, in central NY.
Like, near Utica.

Cause i dont wanna drive all the way out there then BAW because theres another magical NY out there.
Besides, ill have 2 or 3 other people coming so that pot gets fatter.
yes syracuse in CNY. you are thinking of the correct place:chuckle:

Pr_I_me

Smash Rookie
Good ****!
I didnt think any tourneys went on around here.

All i gotta do is situate my ride, and youll most like have 2 more, if not 3 people coming for singles.
Ill probably lug my Wii along as well.

Ill give you further details as i get em.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Eh... you kinda jumbled what I said Id be bringing. I dont have any extension cords, but I do have a power strip that also doubles as a surge protector, a melee memory card, and you forgot to mention the wii Im bringing. Yeah.
Oh, question, what are we doing about hacks(ie textures, replays, no random tripping, etc.)? I personally enjoy using textures and I like to save replays, and not having tripping is always a bonus.

Pr_I_me

Smash Rookie
@CJ: I dont see a problem with the textures and replays, everyone likes their updated graphics and epic fights, but i think tripping is kinda a game play mechanic that needs to stay.

No matter how ridiculous it is.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
@CJ: I dont see a problem with the textures and replays, everyone likes their updated graphics and epic fights, but i think tripping is kinda a game play mechanic that needs to stay.

The tripping code doesnt remove tripping as a whole. Attacks that cause tripping still cause tripping. Its just that when you go to land the final KO after your opponent messes up, you dont trip out of nowhere and get KOd instead.

Pr_I_me

Smash Rookie
@CJ: No no, i know what you mean.
Moves like Rob's Dtilt, or Diddy's Nana's would trip, but not by dashing.

But i guess its up for debate.
I personally wouldnt care anyways.

I SH with my Peach.
The only one id have to worry about tripping with is my Diddy.
:p

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Majority of it will be brawl. if u bring a set up u can play melee. but idk how many people will play with you. I would but ill be on brawl majority.

Kantō

Smash Champion
Good ****!
I didnt think any tourneys went on around here.

All i gotta do is situate my ride, and youll most like have 2 more, if not 3 people coming for singles.
Ill probably lug my Wii along as well.

Ill give you further details as i get em.
okay kool bring as many people as you can , ill put you and ur friends on the attendance list as soon as you know who is eef. comming:chuckle:

Eh... you kinda jumbled what I said Id be bringing. I dont have any extension cords, but I do have a power strip that also doubles as a surge protector, a melee memory card, and you forgot to mention the wii Im bringing. Yeah.
Oh, question, what are we doing about hacks(ie textures, replays, no random tripping, etc.)? I personally enjoy using textures and I like to save replays, and not having tripping is always a bonus.
sry about that, i misunderstood you, ill change the setup tally
also, only brawl + has no tripping, the textures dont matter. but i would like to use the textures for the replays :chuckle:

ALSO GUYS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE THAT WORKS AT GAMESTOP IS GETTING ME 5 WIIS FOR THE TOURNEY:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: PROPS TO HIM!

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
only brawl + has no tripping, the textures dont matter. but i would like to use the textures for the replays :chuckle:
Im not too sure what this is supposed to mean... You can get no tripping without Brawl+...

ALSO GUYS A GOOD FRIEND OF MINE THAT WORKS AT GAMESTOP IS GETTING ME 5 WIIS FOR THE TOURNEY:chuckle::chuckle::chuckle: PROPS TO HIM!
Thats cool, but do we have enough TVs? From what Ive seen, TVs tend to be a bigger problem than Wiis...

how far is this from long island?
Too far. GGs.

Kantō

Smash Champion
brawl + is a game hack that has no tripping and is a lil faster
and i dont think the TVs will be a problem, alot of people are bring some and i can steal some from my moms house and other family members ha

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
brawl + is a game hack that has no tripping and is a lil faster
and i dont think the TVs will be a problem, alot of people are bring some and i can steal some from my moms house and other family members ha
You can have the no random tripping code on without having the other brawl plus codes on...

Pr_I_me

Smash Rookie
I got a 57 minute drive from Utica to Saracuse.
But i know its worth it cause i wont be coming home empty handed.

Any idea what the prizes might look like from our current turnout?

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
You're right about the robot, and as for second, I've been trying to pick up Diddy, although I haven't touched the kong in the past month. Im gonna guess you use....Falco? Jk, Peach right? And second?

Pr_I_me

Smash Rookie
I main ***** Kong, and ive been fooling around with a second for a while.

It used to be Luigi, but then i went to Wolf, then tried Fox.
But i settled on Peach, its just something about the aggression with Glide Tossing that gets my game play mojo workin.

Well see how my Peach works though.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Pr1mes pretty confident. Seems theres alot of people talking about pulling money already.. i hope people dont get dissappointed. Imma post a thread about my saturday fest stuff. for those who are coming.

Gaia_x

Smash Champion
Im going for brawl. But ill do melee friendlys probbly wont enter due to the lack of people around me that can give me good melee practice

Pr_I_me

Smash Rookie
I actually hope i lose.
Makes for better practice experience.

But im not gonna lie, im pretty decent.
And besides, a little confidence never hurt.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I plan on winning 3 outa the 4 events
Even the best dude in the region knows he isnt going to beat my team in brawl doubles. Although hes not winning melee doubles either... and theres too many good people to just assume hes going to win brawl singles... so if you even win one event, be happy.
yo sai, you better practice dude, im taking my time to actually get good at the game again, so you better not let me down.

yea thanks mana for going out of your way to bring people thats aweseome
I dont know if you just misspelled "man", but if you were refering to themanalord than you are incorrect in your praise seeing as it is actually alterian who is going to pick all of these people up

Replays are for the benefit of everybody.
Some textures are eye-blindingly spastic with the colors that I cant play with them.
I think we should should stay tripping on for this one tourney and I will personally take avote as to whether to go tripping off for future SS events or not

dabuz

www.mapquest.com
^^use it
ill melee anyone all the time every time who wants to play melee

Ill play you
I think there might be more competition than people realize...confidence doesn't hurt though I guess =)

Confidence is going to hurt when all of these people get blasted by rochester in this tourney.
Puff is so gay
lol at this hypocritical pot and kettle situation.
I actually hope i lose.
Makes for better practice experience.

But im not gonna lie, im pretty decent.
And besides, a little confidence never hurt.

do you play melee or brawl?

either way.

money match?

Kantō

Smash Champion
haha i meant alterian that is picking up the people lol

it seems like the last week of before this a lot of people have shown more interest! this is great guys!

Sharky

Smash Master

dabuz
about 5 hours.

herooftime, do you mean r.o.b./yoshi teams exp? can't say I have that, but R.O.B. was my original brawl main, so I have a good idea of how both characters work.

the trouble with no tripping hacks is that not every wii has hacks, so it wouldn't be even across the board. You could get off no problem on one wii while on another one you might trip at a critical moment and lose.

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
about 5 hours.

herooftime, do you mean r.o.b./yoshi teams exp? can't say I have that, but R.O.B. was my original brawl main, so I have a good idea of how both characters work.
I mean yoshi vs ROB lol, I never play against any Yoshis lol, but I never play with any Yoshis too, I guess. I think Ill just team with whoever I click with at the smashfest I guess.

As for the tripping, whatever, Ill deal. If anyone trips against me, I better not hear any complaining lol. As for textures, I am 100% against stage textures, because even though some are cool, they are actually ridiculously distracting. As for character textures, I spent a lot of time to make sure the colors sync'd up. I cant think of any that I have that are distracting.

By the way KID Goggles (I guess is your name?) I'm assuming your good at this game from the way you've been talking. You play Sonic, right? I'd love to get a few friendlies in at some point, maybe even a money match depending on what I got. I needs some Sonic experience.

Top Bottom