• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

9/04/10 - WATO12 -Western Airlines Travel Occidentally -Feat M2K and Money Drama!!!

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
is it just me, or does SF4 seem a lot slower than i expected. I was expecting some nasty fast action, but it looks like the same pace of all the other 3D fighters.

i was hoping for a faster paced game, but i guess it'll have to do. I guess i can try and own in SF4 or something.

-hiro

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
is it just me, or does SF4 seem a lot slower than i expected. I was expecting some nasty fast action, but it looks like the same pace of all the other 3D fighters.

i was hoping for a faster paced game, but i guess it'll have to do. I guess i can try and own in SF4 or something.

-hiro
havnt you watched any vids of it. it isnt this blazingly fast paced combo eccentric game. if you want that theres guilty gear. I do heavily enjoy the game though

my c. viper is gonna get ***** for a few months as i learn to do all of her stuff, as she has a high execution level for her combos

SheerMadness

Smash Master
**** I don't know if I should come to this or not.

I wanna play some smash but I know I'm not gonna wanna be there all day and I don't wanna drive.

lamugi

Smash Lord
lamugi you only get the arcade stick once you beat round 3
**** for real, now i kinda dont want to bother with it... that kinda sucks, o btw i have a hori arcade stick!!!! wayyyyy better then madcats, the only thing is its japanese style so it has the buttons going across rather then straight, it also has a ball joystick vs the americanized joystick!!!

this is a japanese stick

american stick

Stripesorbars3

Smash Apprentice
That hori stick sux.

its a square shaped stick placement(instead of octagonal).

i have the same one(sc4 edition).

its made for 3d fighters and is horrible for doing dragon punches and playing 2d fighters in general, unless you play charge characters.

the madcats one is actually really good.

edit: also, lamugi, didnt i play with u and polmex in hd remix at cams house after a zp tourney?

i dont really remember u but it sounds like youre talking a big sf4 game.

petey_did_it

Smash Ace
havnt you watched any vids of it. it isnt this blazingly fast paced combo eccentric game. if you want that theres guilty gear. I do heavily enjoy the game though

my c. viper is gonna get ***** for a few months as i learn to do all of her stuff, as she has a high execution level for her combos
im gonna get ***** till i get off this ****in d-pad

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
usually the stick on the 360 controllers are horrendous, but for some reason im finding it eaiser to use that than the dpad on it. The only thing that i have trouble with is doing seismo hammers, but ive always had alittle trouble doing that motion in any fighting game

I use a mad catz with a real D pad, but its too akward with the d pad that low on the controller when doing certain moves (like, i cant do her focus attack -> ex thunder knuckle -> burst time with using the pad. I gotta use the little control stick)

its weird too. when i play SC4 with the exact same controller, i can use the pad perfectly fine

but petey, what do you think of viper's trial mode?

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th

uummm, isnt that obvious? ofcourse i watched the vids, which is why i am saying it is slower than i expected. if i didnt see the vids how would i know how fast it was? lol

-hiro

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
uummm, isnt that obvious? ofcourse i watched the vids, which is why i am saying it is slower than i expected. if i didnt see the vids how would i know how fast it was? lol

-hiro
some people just heard street fighter and assumed it be omgwtfbbq fast combo city. To me, the vid speed seems the same as playing

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
havin vega troubles lil man?

jus wait till i get my gen good..

den u will see my vega and gen **** everythin since i already **** wit vega
yeah but i havent had much time to play him, i've just been working on ken, i've only played about 20 matches since the game came out...keep having to work lol...but yeah you need to teach me vega...and i wanna see gen wreck face...btw sagat and zangief are broken:laugh:

i havent decided if i'm gonna buy the xbox version today or get fire emblem instead...i really like FE...lol

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
yeah but i havent had much time to play him, i've just been working on ken, i've only played about 20 matches since the game came out...keep having to work lol...but yeah you need to teach me vega...and i wanna see gen wreck face...btw sagat and zangief are broken:laugh:
at the moment vega and gen are hard to jus pick up and dive into. steep learning curve especially for gen. gotta get his cross ups --> ??? down. but atleast i can combo his super to ultra :p

jus keep ken till u understand most of the game

oh and get SF >:0 FE can wait. i like it too but it can wait

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
Cool, well i'm probably gonna buy the game today...oh and brawl does make you better at other fighting games like chopz said...

yesterday i left work and went to my friends house where they have been playing SF4 since it came out LOL, and acorn (my roommate/really loud brawl player) was ****** everyone he had a 41 win streak his win ratio was 100.0% lol anyways i played him two matches picked up on what was owning me and everyone else and i broke his streak, in two games lol

lamugi

Smash Lord
That hori stick sux.

its a square shaped stick placement(instead of octagonal).

i have the same one(sc4 edition).

its made for 3d fighters and is horrible for doing dragon punches and playing 2d fighters in general, unless you play charge characters.

the madcats one is actually really good.

edit: also, lamugi, didnt i play with u and polmex in hd remix at cams house after a zp tourney?

i dont really remember u but it sounds like youre talking a big sf4 game.
we never played each other, infact i was just watching green mario play, we can play once i get my ps3, ima teach polmex some stuff, but i'm actually really good in street fighter 4, i was going somewhat even with edma(one of my really good friends) he'd still beat me like 90% of the time, but i was completely satisfied with my progress.

Zoro

Smash Champion
People need to bring their tvs................like chops said if they dont we are ****ed

I officially main el fuerte now since i camp way too much with captain falcon (bison)
and i guess ill play someone else against blanka since i cannot comprehend how someone with no projectiles can beat him

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
People need to bring their tvs................like chops said if they dont we are ****ed

I officially main el fuerte now since i camp way too much with captain falcon (bison)
and i guess ill play someone else against blanka since i cannot comprehend how someone with no projectiles can beat him
one of your attacks can break the eletric field around him, i don't know which one yet, what problems do you have fighting blanka?? and el fuerte is amazing, he has such a huge learning curve....Habenero Dash is amazing lol

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^So yeah, I really want to learn this game (I'm gonna end up being one of those generic players who plays Ken because he looks cool lol). I was playing with some friends at Valencia and the only character I felt I had a lot of trouble against was Zangief. Any advice for fighting this EX grab->Ultimate on wake up happy dude?

Dreadz18x

Smash Ace
^^So yeah, I really want to learn this game (I'm gonna end up being one of those generic players who plays Ken because he looks cool lol). I was playing with some friends at Valencia and the only character I felt I had a lot of trouble against was Zangief. Any advice for fighting this EX grab->Ultimate on wake up happy dude?
if he grabs on wake up just bait it

but if he always grabs as u are waking up just jump

Zoro

Smash Champion
one of your attacks can break the eletric field around him, i don't know which one yet, what problems do you have fighting blanka?? and el fuerte is amazing, he has such a huge learning curve....Habenero Dash is amazing lol

His electricity man nothing can get through that thing
well to tell the truth i havnt played fuerte against blanka i just got owned when i played bison alot

Gindler

Smash Champion

**** no projectile!? Why'd I decide to main el fuerte? That's right, a luchador with a frying pan is just too awesome

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
El Fuerte is hilarious.

He just takes way too much damage.

Sagat kills him with like 3 kicks...

He needs to be able to throw his frying pan or something...

Or reflect projectiles with it.

Oh btw, I thought I was good at SF4 until I played xYz last night. He hadn't played the game yet, and he just ***** me over and over.

So I am officially bad at the game.

actionblackbird

Smash Journeyman
His electricity man nothing can get through that thing
well to tell the truth i havnt played fuerte against blanka i just got owned when i played bison alot
Well, the best way to get better is buy the game plus the system, witch I am starting to save...it shoun't take me a month or so to do so...cuz I need a day or two for practice before showing off :p.

Top Bottom