• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

7,000th Post. The End of an Era, Goodbye NC.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
So for those of you who dont know me, My name is Dylan and Ive been playing smash since 2008. To look back on that time in my life and realize that Ive been at this for four years (Brawl for 3, melee for the past year) and to think of all the friends Ive made a long the way is surreal.

I moved to North Carolina in early 2010 and I love everyone Ive met here. The game changed but people stayed the same. Then things changed, people came and went, drama tore my friendships apart. The face of the state I loved was a room full of strangers. Then things got better for awhile, but nothing will ever replace the way things used to be. This kind of thinking isnt the best path to take when thinking about the future of your friendships and people you care about, but I now realize that what we had back in those days was something golden.

Looking back on billfest, I realized there was nothing good about them, it smelled awful, wood floors to sleep on, hell even the couches had wooden planks sticking out of them, loud *** smash going on the whole night. Good luck finding somewhere to sleep unless you went to bed super early, hot during the summer, hot during the winter, dirty as hell etc. But you know and I know theres not a single thing I woulnt give for one more night in that apartment. There was nothing good about it except what was good about it.

All the nights spent down on Franklin street, all of us crowded around a table at any given resturaunt. yelling, fussing making the jobs of every employee harder. It was a beautiful time. We didnt have a care in the world and there wasnt a cloud in the sky. But that time is over.

My time with all of you has been amazing. I love each and every single one of you like my own family. My a new day is dawning on me, College calls me to leave.

I start my first semester at Full Sail University on August 29th, in Orlando Florida.

Ill be gone for two years, Im sure ill visit, and Im sure that the friends ive made will still be friends. Im sure everything will work out for the best. But if it doesnt, like I said, I love you all. You are my family.

A lot of you taught me some things about smash. But some of you taught me some really important things about life, love, how to live, and how to find happiness. Ive watched the sun come up after a long night with my friends, Ive had life changing conversations on long drives to god knows where. Ive seen the whole east coast with people Im Constantly thankful I had the opportunity to meet. Ive walked the streets of our nations capital with three of the most beautiful humans to ever walk the earth.

Ive sang songs at the top of my lungs in a drunken stupor, Ive taken pictures, recorded laughs, countless combos, countless Gamecube controllers. And through it all its rang true in my head that there are few people worth your time, but those are the people you always wish you had more time for.

I wish I had more time for you guys, but these next two months is all I got. So lets make them count.

Kevin, Cam, Moo, Yay, Josh,Craig, Bden, Smith, Kyle and of course, John Wittle are probably the people Ive spent the most time with since moving here. So to them, A special thanks and farewell. as our friendship has been a glorious song that I could listen to forever.

"And Indeed, there will be time"

"dear my friends in the time we've spent forever after beyond this when will our nightmare ever end?"

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Oh and none of you *******s better not try to swoop in on Rhiannon while im gone or Ill ****ing kill you.

Edit; Seriously.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sick post. Times change and people change, but what you end up taking away from all of this will be what stays the same and helps the most over time.

Good luck in Florida, Dylan. May the Catfish be with you. =)

Frames

DI
the nc bros are my bros for lyfe ever since my mod days...so its sad to see u leave nc...except i live in FL so this is great news!!! hahaha snapppp we're gonna party!

*CT*

Smash Lord
Brah I know where Full Sail is all my friends wanted to go there, I have a time share down in Orlando/Kissi area, if I ever plan a trip down there I'll hit you up bro.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
have fun in florida
thanks for helping me with the wario matchup and coming to my first tourney ever.
Snap's Ike will always live on!

Thanks for saying "313 wants to give a shoutout to all the North Carolina Melee players that are free in Brawl" on the mic at the 1st g6. In hindsight it helped me get better cause PP has been making me improve my game since February.
MLG Raleigh was fun.
MVC 3 is always fun.
ssf2turbo mm shouldn't count cause I wanted to play alpha 3 lol

Well Dylan have fun.

edit:The best moment was when that Wario main bad mouthed NC and you posted on facebook for everyone to get in. **** was classic!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
are you going to be back during the summers?

you have been one of the major factors of my smash life since the early months of me playing, and I'm glad of that. from fourstocking me in tournament, to giving me the jiggs plush, to the snap's dk video, it seems that you have been with me every step of the way. there have been times where I have pissed you off or vice versa, but regardless of those times, I still love you. also, I'm proud of you for getting into college, and I know you're going to enjoy your time there.

I'll miss you.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Full Sail is EXPENSIVE man. One of my best friends is doing video game development there which is how I know this. He isn't too dedicated, and his classes get way harder this upcoming semester so I'm worried about him finishing. Just stay motivated bro, and good luck.

0Room

Smash Lord
Well, we'll miss you
Still need to do our double or nothing from Pound

Do you even remember that?

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Double fisted two, then immediately downed the other. I remember someone MMing me, and I guess it was 0room now that he mentions it. but I remember playing marth

which i just dont do when im drunk rofl

I usually play DK i dont remember though haha.

I gotta million stories man, NC ***** :')

NearZzz

Smash Lord
So for those of you who dont know me, My name is Dylan and Ive been playing smash since 2008. To look back on that time in my life and realize that Ive been at this for four years (Brawl for 3, melee for the past year) and to think of all the friends Ive made a long the way is surreal.

I moved to North Carolina in early 2010 and I love everyone Ive met here. The game changed but people stayed the same. Then things changed, people came and went, drama tore my friendships apart. The face of the state I loved was a room full of strangers. Then things got better for awhile, but nothing will ever replace the way things used to be. This kind of thinking isnt the best path to take when thinking about the future of your friendships and people you care about, but I now realize that what we had back in those days was something golden.

Looking back on billfest, I realized there was nothing good about them, it smelled awful, wood floors to sleep on, hell even the couches had wooden planks sticking out of them, loud *** smash going on the whole night. Good luck finding somewhere to sleep unless you went to bed super early, hot during the summer, hot during the winter, dirty as hell etc. But you know and I know theres not a single thing I woulnt give for one more night in that apartment. There was nothing good about it except what was good about it.

All the nights spent down on Franklin street, all of us crowded around a table at any given resturaunt. yelling, fussing making the jobs of every employee harder. It was a beautiful time. We didnt have a care in the world and there wasnt a cloud in the sky. But that time is over.

My time with all of you has been amazing. I love each and every single one of you like my own family. My a new day is dawning on me, College calls me to leave.

I start my first semester at Full Sail University on August 29th, in Orlando Florida.

Ill be gone for two years, Im sure ill visit, and Im sure that the friends ive made will still be friends. Im sure everything will work out for the best. But if it doesnt, like I said, I love you all. You are my family.

A lot of you taught me some things about smash. But some of you taught me some really important things about life, love, how to live, and how to find happiness. Ive watched the sun come up after a long night with my friends, Ive had life changing conversations on long drives to god knows where. Ive seen the whole east coast with people Im Constantly thankful I had the opportunity to meet. Ive walked the streets of our nations capital with three of the most beautiful humans to ever walk the earth.

Ive sang songs at the top of my lungs in a drunken stupor, Ive taken pictures, recorded laughs, countless combos, countless Gamecube controllers. And through it all its rang true in my head that there are few people worth your time, but those are the people you always wish you had more time for.

I wish I had more time for you guys, but these next two months is all I got. So lets make them count.

Kevin, Cam, Moo, Yay, Josh,Craig, Bden, Smith, Kyle and of course, John Wittle are probably the people Ive spent the most time with since moving here. So to them, A special thanks and farewell. as our friendship has been a glorious song that I could listen to forever.

"And Indeed, there will be time"

"dear my friends in the time we've spent forever after beyond this when will our nightmare ever end?"
"Bold for parts where I teared the **** up"

-Smith

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Oh and none of you *******s better not try to swoop in on Rhiannon while im gone or Ill ****ing kill you.

Edit; Seriously.
løooooooooooooooooooooooooool

good ****, dylan. i know you and I haven't spent much time together but the little time we did spend together, I thoroughly enjoyed. good luck,, dude!

edit: double lol for the double negative that could lead to wrong signals.

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
It's great to see that you got accepted into Full Sail and that you're pursuing your ambition, Dylan. I want to see you kick *** and take names with a megahit game one day. ;)

We should have a gigantic NC tourney in early August or late July before you leave. It could double as a goodbye party for you.

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Ill probably host a party at my house, or something. I wouldn't want to leave without saying goodbye.

the orlando melee scene welcomes you

Hey fearless :3

Colin Greenback is a personal friend of mine, frames juan, and uuaa are pretty much the only people ive really hung out with so far but I look forward to meeting all of you.

Top Bottom