• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

FurySpark

Smash Rookie
Haha, I know my opinion has no effect cause I'm really not a usual to the tourneys. But I've never tried PM so maybe it would be nice to try it out there and get destroyed by everyone just like in Melee but still should be fun! :D

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna try my best to make it to this :) Im SO DOWN for a Project M sideevent if theres enough time and TVs! Runnin the G Dubbs!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
So I've been having problems with my PM setup, it keeps freezing after selecting a stage so I probably won't be bringing it. Therefore I prob won't be running a PM side event, unless enough other people want me to and bring the setups themselves.

Sorry if anyone was really excited for it, I was too :(

Also I've got a new char for this tournament, y'all better watch out ;)

Coffeeblack

Smash Journeyman
anyone down to mm my ness? exposing bernal and tom since the bus ride back from apex

:D

edit: not 100% sure if coming, but if i do im down to take hella mms. let me know!

huMps

Smash Ace
Still looking forward to the February edition. Going to apply for my enhanced tommorrow. Should have it by early/mid february.

I'm expecting it will be myself and 3 others from WNY.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
I will be there. How accurate is that 11am doors open time?

Would it be possible to show up a bit early to star practising? :D Or, y'know, help set up?

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I will be there. How accurate is that 11am doors open time?

Would it be possible to show up a bit early to star practising? :D Or, y'know, help set up?
The A & C people open the place up at pretty much exactly 11am. I got there at 10:45 once because I wanted to start a bit earlier but I just ended up having to wait.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I usually get there right at 11, because the only other option has me getting there at 12 and I don't want to do that.

I usually have to wait 10+ minutes before they show up and open the door lol so showing up right at 11 is showing up "early"

Sanu

Smash Champion
I had a whole weekend of high level practice. This should be fun :)

:phone:

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
I usually get there right at 11, because the only other option has me getting there at 12 and I don't want to do that.

I usually have to wait 10+ minutes before they show up and open the door lol so showing up right at 11 is showing up "early"
Well, that kind of blows, but I'll be there for 11 nonetheless.

Hope I get to meet some of you then to kill the time. :p

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hey, you guys should consider hiking up the entry fee by $5 and donating the additional amount to the Melee at EVO 2013 fund. We're doing that here in Michigan this upcoming weekend, and a huge California regional is doing the same. Just trying to garner more support for our beloved game and community :)

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I can't imagine melee outplacing whatever other games are competing for the EVO spot. I think the only community smaller than us is like... melty blood.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
Uhhh... Check the standings. We have 3500 donated, other communities gave up and skull girls has 4k. Tonight the melee podcast is matching donations and we can go up 5k tonight if enough donate between 9-11

Probably wont but first place is in the bag.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Have fun at evo then? If the entry fee is up'd, I'm out lawl

HammerTime

Smash Journeyman
I don't think it's fair to charge everyone at A & C an extra 5 bucks. Especially for the newer players who are just coming to A & C because it's local for them, since they would likely never even consider going to EVO. If an extra 5 bucks means that there would less people there this saturday then it's not worth it.

Sanu

Smash Champion
If anything, keep entry the same @ $10, but take $5 of that and put it towards evo, instead of the pot. I doubt the top placing players would be too happy about that though lawl

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Hey, you guys should consider hiking up the entry fee by $5 and donating the additional amount to the Melee at EVO 2013 fund. We're doing that here in Michigan this upcoming weekend, and a huge California regional is doing the same. Just trying to garner more support for our beloved game and community :)
I already donated my $5.

I agree with the others. No point in hiking up the price of admission; let people donate what they want when they want.

Still a sound suggestion though.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
So I've been having problems with my PM setup, it keeps freezing after selecting a stage so I probably won't be bringing it. Therefore I prob won't be running a PM side event, unless enough other people want me to and bring the setups themselves.

Sorry if anyone was really excited for it, I was too :(
Quoting to make sure everyone sees it

Top Bottom