• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I.B

Smash Lord
I know that the venue can do things like give free water (every once in a while if the attendance look promising).

Not really sure how adding another tourney would detract from enjoyment (outside of the friendlies thing to which I have volunteered bringing my own setups, and outside of the space thing but the venue has held quite a few people and none of them complained so :/).

Never though you guys would start saying things like "the other community smells" :ohwell:...

Was hoping people would at least be considerate enough to try out the idea once tho. But it's ok.
Tin, I think your plan will be more welcomed by Melee people if you are willing to split on one of the Brawl days. This is the second time you've proposed this idea and both times have involved Melee sharing its scheduled day with Brawl.

Perhaps using one of the Brawl days would be better to experiment with your idea? That way we can finally see if running both games would be OK at A&C, whilst not making the Melee guys sacrifice their monthly.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^I think that's probably the best thing anyone's said about this. No one can really complain about being offered another saturday to try something they're apprehensive about. Though it still won't run as smoothly as a single game tourney it would help get rid of some of the negative connotations and with some precautionary action....it can't be all that bad.

Seriously though, I don't think anyone here sees any reason to join the two since Unknown is pretty solid at booking the monthlies while joining the two will obviously men less space and set ups.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Tin, I think your plan will be more welcomed by Melee people if you are willing to split on one of the Brawl days. This is the second time you've proposed this idea and both times have involved Melee sharing its scheduled day with Brawl.

Perhaps using one of the Brawl days would be better to experiment with your idea? That way we can finally see if running both games would be OK at A&C, whilst not making the Melee guys sacrifice their monthly.
Only completely 100% reasonable thing I've seen posted on this subject

Tin Man

Smash Hero
The problem with that is that A&C doesn't want to run the same game twice in a month when other games can be ran instead on that day (since generally more games means more people means more exposure for A&C).

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
since this is on a sunday, i'm guessing the chance of there being a smashfest'ish'sorta thing after the tourney is sorta low?

i might not make the tourney but i might be able to be around the area later in the evening xD

Europhoria

Smash Lord
yeah that just seems like a childish thing to do.
I don't see how it's childish. It's a serious ****ing sanitation problem if a group of people has a smell so awful that dominates a room. It wasn't like... everyone. It was JUST the ****ing brawl section. Tell your people to shower and take care themselves. Would you show up to work if you smelt like **** everyday and expect to keep your job? Then don't come to a tournament doing that either.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I don't see how it's childish. It's a serious ****ing sanitation problem if a group of people has a smell so awful that dominates a room. It wasn't like... everyone. It was JUST the ****ing brawl section. Tell your people to shower and take care themselves. Would you show up to work if you smelt like **** everyday and expect to keep your job? Then don't come to a tournament doing that either.
I was at Impulse too, and I've gone to plenty of Brawl tournaments as well as Melee tournaments, and I never noticed any difference in smell.

Maybe it's all in your head?

Or maybe my nose just doesn't work :p

unknown522

Some guy
This post is actually true. I can't help but laugh

@ jack: maybe something might go down

:phone:

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I was at Impulse too, and I've gone to plenty of Brawl tournaments as well as Melee tournaments, and I never noticed any difference in smell.

Maybe it's all in your head?

Or maybe my nose just doesn't work :p
It would also be in the heads of 4+ people who have independently brought the subject up with me without any prompting. Its not even like Impulse was a unique occurrence apparently (hard to judge personally since I don't attend Brawl tournaments)

Windrose

Smash Lord
It is a little weird. Maybe a and c can invest money in deodorant spray and apply it to everyone coming into the tournament.

idea

Smash Master
imadh's idea sounds great...it would probably be worth bugging A&C to let you try it this one time as a test since it seems like it would appeal to everyone. (unless brawl doesn't want melee there...we'd need to check with them too)

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
The problem with that is that A&C doesn't want to run the same game twice in a month when other games can be ran instead on that day (since generally more games means more people means more exposure for A&C).
But it would be running a second time under a separate tournament that would have happened regardless and could potentially free up one day a month for them. I think it's worth asking for because I don't see why they would say no, the smash tournaments are already separate so now they'd atleast be making money off of melee twice.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
since this is on a sunday, i'm guessing the chance of there being a smashfest'ish'sorta thing after the tourney is sorta low?

i might not make the tourney but i might be able to be around the area later in the evening xD
If I get my final paper for this psyc course done comfortably before that day then I can make it happen.

But I'm not sure that will be possible. Because ROM5 + procrastination.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
have you considered that maybe there was a dead opossum underneath the floorboards in the brawl section

or maybe the brawl section was closer to the bathrooms and someone left a (or multiple?!) real stinker(s) in there making it seem like the brawl section was a lot smellier

i dont think either of those were the case for the record but HAVE YOU CONSIDERED IT

(p.s. i think it was all a secret conspiracy led by the melee group to make sure people only farted in the brawl section for the entire weekend)

unknown522

Some guy
I know that Jeff (phiddlesticks) has good hygiene. There are people I could name drop in the brawl scene that consistently smell bad.

But that would suck

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
I think we should just do it, see how it pans out at A&C and if you guys have complaints, say eff it. Plus it might help the turnout and entry for Melee some more (especially since lately people have been enjoying both 'Mprime, Bing, BlackGold, ToJoe, Meekspeedy')

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I think we should just do it, see how it pans out at A&C and if you guys have complaints, say eff it. Plus it might help the turnout and entry for Melee some more (especially since lately people have been enjoying both 'Mprime, Bing, BlackGold, ToJoe, Meekspeedy')
This is the right attitude.

And thank you for getting my name correct, you wouldn't believe how often people mess it up (usually in minor ways that only I notice though).

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Am I allowed to like... de-louse and hose down brawl players if we do this?

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
idk about everyone else but I def love chilling with the melee community and I enjoy winning @ Brawl so that way my self-esteem isn't getting **** on from being bad @ Melee. Combining this would probably beneficial to me, and both communities turnouts (I know I'd be entering every event possible). But that's just my opinion. I'm almost certain others can/will disagree (Not from just Melee, but the Brawl community as well).

I also find Melee much more entertaining to watch, so I won't be bored as **** watching people play Brawl. I also find the Melee players less socially-awkward, and are capable of talking about something that isn't smash-related.

+ Hamilton don't smell bad. (@ least I hope we don't. I def shower daily, and apply deodorant numerous times throughout the day) I can't speak for the rest of the Brawl players on this though.

I can see where the communities are coming with on the smelling issue. In grade 4 I had to sit next to some girl who smelled like a dead fish.

tl;dr I like the concept of the idea, it's worth a shot.

Top Bottom