• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6-4 Matchup 27: - November 30th, 2013 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Oh, also, anyone wanna do doubles with a meh (read: bad) Young Link/Peach/Doc player?

idea

Smash Master
looks like there's very little interest this month as well.

Should I cancel it?

If I don't get responses tmrw, I think I will
lol what? i'm coming, david's supposed to be coming too. i hear james is gonna show up, not sure if he wants to enter or not.

also i see a few new people interested between here and the gta thread, would kinda suck for them to have their first tournament cancelled tbh.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
*sigh* I swear, first Melee tournament where something hasn't come up out of nowhere and I can actually make it.

Cancelling would make me sad.

unknown522

Some guy
^ supposed to start at 1PM. People usually come late (including myself [but that's only when I'm waiting on others]) and I try not to start until everyone has arrived. We are usually 1-2 hours behind schedule due to this. Sometimes, I start doubles first (if there's actually an event for it).

You people have to understand that I want to cancel it because there is only potentially 12 people coming. Now factor in the fact that there are people that usually flop unannounced, it is possible that we could get like 8 people on top of the lack of interest, and people that are complaining about the venue fee, etc...

I don't want to waste my whole day to run a < 16-man tourney. Would you?

idea

Smash Master
okay wait...looking at the A&C games calendar on facebook, why is tomorrow the only day listed as $10 venue? (or is tomorrow the day they increase it permanently or something)

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
What about random people who just show up for the tournament? People don't always confirm beforehand afaik. I have two friends who might come but they're not sure yet. But yeah, my vote's for not cancelling, for what it's worth.

Also, I think the venue fee has always been $10 for tournaments and $5 for regular days. For some reason.

idea

Smash Master
if ryan still doesn't want to by tomorrow then i'll just run the tournament :p assuming all the necessary computers and stuff will still be there.

omniholy

Smash Rookie
I'll be there with TWO friends. THREE people coming + all the others that have already responded!

Edit: I didn't notice you already added us up into the attending list. Well, I'm sure more people will show up.

Windrose

Smash Lord
I'll try to make it but i have a dentist appointment at 12:40 that i couldn't reschedule despite trying many times.

zephyravatar

Smash Rookie
So what's a good time to show up? I was gonna show up at like 12, but I fear I'm just gonna look dumb and sit there by myself.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
I'll be coming to this, kind of want to post right before I leave tomorrow for no apparent reason, but yeah.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
okay wait...looking at the A&C games calendar on facebook, why is tomorrow the only day listed as $10 venue? (or is tomorrow the day they increase it permanently or something)
It used to be 5 dollars before Smashboards, however, the prizes were just gift cards to their store. I think this might be the only tournament they have where they give the entrance fee to the winners, all the others charging five give away gift cards and t-shirts.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
So what's a good time to show up? I was gonna show up at like 12, but I fear I'm just gonna look dumb and sit there by myself.
I go at 10:30 but that's because I try to be one of the first people there to maximize friendlies. People start showing up at 11:00 so 12:00 isn't too early.

unknown522

Some guy
Can I get housing?
yeah, if no one can house you then I will.

I'll try to make it but i have a dentist appointment at 12:40 that i couldn't reschedule despite trying many times.
k. How long will you take?

I'll try to be there for 11. I'm sure a few others will be there before that.

It used to be 5 dollars before Smashboards, however, the prizes were just gift cards to their store. I think this might be the only tournament they have where they give the entrance fee to the winners, all the others charging five give away gift cards and t-shirts.
The gaming communities make the pot. Not A&C.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Looks like it'll be decent sized even in the instance of a few people not showing up, seeing as there are a good amount of people who go without posting. Can't wait, I'll be there around 11.

Windrose

Smash Lord
@ryan, hmmm now that i think about it...i can probably get there at like...1:30 if i'm fast....perhaps i'll just show up for friendlies...unless there's doubles before singles..

EDIT: i'm going to try to call them again tomorrow morning to see if i can get it earlier but they're pretty busy

idea

Smash Master
Tried looking for a ride but to no avail. Thanks for the offers, maybe next time.
watch the stream then :)

@ryan, hmmm now that i think about it...i can probably get there at like...1:30 if i'm fast....perhaps i'll just show up for friendlies...unless there's doubles before singles..

EDIT: i'm going to try to call them again tomorrow morning to see if i can get it earlier but they're pretty busy
just come later on for friendlies...or maybe text someone to find out where we're going afterward (as if it isn't obvious lol)

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Not reaching until much later if I do. Odds are I won't be able to reach the bank before it closes so no bus fare :/

Nobody was surprised.

Top Bottom