• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

6/27/09 A Fused Brawl!!! -Port St. Lucie, FL presented by Fusion Gaming

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
Well I'm from Port St Lucie and came by to check out the tourney and I gotta say I was impressed with the turnout! I met a lot of nice people there and it looks like everyone there (aside from sore losers Q_Q) had a great time! I'm really looking forward to the next one but I hope people can stick to the rules a little better next time.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Well I'm from Port St Lucie and came by to check out the tourney and I gotta say I was impressed with the turnout! I met a lot of nice people there and it looks like everyone there (aside from sore losers Q_Q) had a great time! I'm really looking forward to the next one but I hope people can stick to the rules a little better next time.
You Port St. Lucie people are so deprived. Go to a good smash tournament and you'll see people really having a good time.
P.S. Enjoy hearing from Seibrik and Afro about this tournament turnout later.

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
You could be right I guess lol but I don't have to go to most of the tournies in the state lol my job around here is pretty hectic my boss is a jerk lol. Out of the 28(?)people that showed up it seems like a few of the guys were takin the game a little too seriously lol the rest of us were havin fun playin the game we mostly just play to have fun and if we can win some money then thats cool too lol.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Oh Tommy G... you didn't go to the non PnT sponsored one, did you?

PROBLEM NUMBER ONE: Although there are 10 FREAKING TV'S IN THE STORE, they decided that they can run a smooth one with only two.

PROBLEM NUMBER TWO: There was no bracket. Just a bunch of flashcards with your name, a jar, and a shaking of the jar. ZERO organization. 100% randomness (lol I put caps on when putting 100%, thinking it'd put emphasis).

PROBLEM NUMBER THREE: It was only one match. So not knowing that, I decided to sandbag the 12 year old fat asian who played a F smash loving, foward b on the floor using, spam up b friendly Ike. Yeah, you know, the way everyone played Ike for the first time. I used Lucas, and used the PK fire super jump off of the edge at 20%, him at 105%. Uncharged F smash, kills me. I say that I cp Frigate, and the loser TO's say no... you lose... and in my head i go t(<_<t).

PROBLEM NUMBER FOUR: The prize? No pot! 1st place got a whopping 30 dollars worth of store credit, and 2nd got a refund on the entrance fee.

What do they call this type of tourney? BULLS***!

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
I think your confused dude,lol I saw the dude running the tourney give the guy who won cash but for some reason the dude who came in second got really mad and stormed out of the place lol. I don't understand why your so mad that you lost to that other dude that you played he seemed to be pretty good lol why would you lose on purpose like that??? you were doin pretty good from what I saw. I guess we all have off days lol good luck next time. :)

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Because Seibrik got bull****ted. I mean, only 1 set in Grand Finals? NO! I would too. But of course the scrubs up there wouldn't know one thing in the rules, so they won't care. I bet even Afro didn't feel like he won. I wouldn't...

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
Because Seibrik got bull****ted. I mean, only 1 set in Grand Finals? NO! I would too. But of course the scrubs up there wouldn't know one thing in the rules, so they won't care. I bet even Afro didn't feel like he won. I wouldn't...

But I checked the rules that they posted and the rules were at the counter, they said that finals were gonna be best 3 outta 5?:confused: it seemed like everyone nkew the rules before it started and no one seemed have a problem until that one guy lost. Which guy was seibrik was that the guy who cried? :ohwell:

Snowflaco

Smash Cadet
Fusion Gaming Tourny

First of all, Our rules were posted well in advance. The way "WE" run tournaments may be different from others out there, but the rules and the setup and where posted. Coming in 2nd place is not a bad thing out of 28 people. Why the Smashboards become Flameboards after losing or not getting your way I don't know? If your unhappy with the way we run our tournaments feel free to not return. If people can't just come out, win some money and have fun like games were meant to do, then your not welcome here anyway. Fusion Gaming tries to provide good tournament payouts while still being able to stay open. With the economy not doing so well we have to take a little more out of the pot than we would like. Pot **** ? I think not .... Our pay out is this = 1st place 45% 2nd place 15% and 3rd place 5% We end up only taking 35% of the total. Which we don't see as being to over the top. Next time if you come to a Fusion Gaming tournament please don't be afraid to ask the amounts of payout and I (Daniel) will do the math for you. Thanks for coming and grats! to the winners. We are sorry if our rules and the way we run our store is to different for some.

Daniel (Co-Owner)

DC

Smash Cadet
Imma be straight up honest the best part of this tournament was probably standing outside for the mini Rock Paper Scissors tournament. Thanks for not letting us play while we waited for singles to start, I guess taking 35% out of the pot was not enough to let us play some friendlies. I like how you guys literally took the Wiis out of the TVs to guarantee we couldn't play or have any fun. Seriously your venue is like the anti-fun zone.

That's cool though, I'm really happy that I came today cuz now I know that I'm never coming back to your venue for a tournament. One set for Grand Finals? Alright it's your tournament so you can do whatever the hell you want but it doesn't mean you're doing it right lmao.

**** SFL... we really should have went to Will's tournament instead hahaha

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
I don't why people would come all the way from miami knowing teh rules and then complain about them when they got there that just seems like poor sportsmanshop.

Imma be straight up honest the best part of this tournament was probably standing outside for the mini Rock Paper Scissors tournament.
my favorite part was when one of the other dudes from PSL cried after he lost :chuckle:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
I didnt cry cuz of losing

i was just upset at the fact that the host was unwilling to listen to reason.

I didnt even come here flaming anything, and wasn't planning to, so good job going out of ur way creating an account to constantly bring up a crying kid who got cheated out of a proper 2nd set.

i've gone to many tournies and lost, im one of the best sportsman ship players out there, i never get mad at losing, or gloat for winning, and the person i was playing in finals came in my car, and is one of my best friends, I definately dont care in particular if i lose to him at all. He wasn't even happy in winning the way he did.

Im not arguing about anything, i dont care about the pot stuff, cuz i knew that going in. The only reason I came was to see a friend and chill.

I mean, it was bad enough i couldn't use my main, the character i know the most with, but only losing one set the entire tourny, and getting 2nd?... Just doesnt make much sense is all, because you called it a DOUBLE ELIMINATION bracket, which BY DEFINITION means grandfinals consists of TWO sets should the winners bracket winner loses the first set.

That has nothing to do with weather or not its best of 3 or 5. you called it DOUBLE ELIMINATION, though i only lose once, i got 2nd. which means NOT double elimination.

Maybe if the host was more willing to listen to reason, we could have realised this little rule YOU all posted in the first post, AND the counter.

Just a side note for anyone considering this tourny in the future:

If they overlooked the double elim. rule for me, what will they screw up for you in the future?

This tourny wasn't worth the 15 dollars entree and 20 dollars or so in gas, and I got first in teams and 2nd in doubles....

Just something to think about.

Snipa4800

Smash Lord
Besides seeing some familar faces again this tournament was balls.
We shouldve just took Tommy G up on his offer and had the tourney at this house.
To the guy that *****ed and moaned the whole tournament because I ***** him sideways , instead of whining learn the friggen match.
Don't friggen try and get something banned because it ownd you.
I appreciate afro/riddle/Dfear defending the climbers even though the guy just kept whining.
Seibrik getting gayed at the end was serious bull****.
Down with fusion gaming C_C;;

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Fusion Gaming presents A Fused Brawl!

Both Tournaments are Double Elimination as well as best two out of three with the semifinals and finals best 3 out of 5.

[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]​
PS.

This is in the first post.

Meaning that Winners Finals/losers finals/grand finals should have ALL been best out of 5. not 3.

AND it clearly states double elim... right theree......

yet i lossed once....

just making sure we're clear.

AfroQT

Smash Master
oh was that one of the dudes from miami? lol no wonder i kinda figured that dude wouldn't last around here
You aint tough kid dont act like it. What do you mean last round here? Pt st lucie aint nothin but white boys.

That one guy was crying about ice climbers like he knew something about the game (but he doesnt). And you DID say its double elim, which means that grand finals is 2 sets....thats what double elim means, and its in your rules.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
dude, i dont think anyone REALLY cares about pot ****, that was known from the begining.

the thing that gets me is the lack of following their own rules.

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
im not flaming anyone chillax bros we're all here to just play smash lets have fun, its a game after all. Double elimination means that if you lose twice (are doubly eliminated) then you lose don t see how thats not clear? :/ i think some of the guys (NOT all) were kinda rude to the owner but i understand they were'nt in a good mood so it's no big deal .

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
right, so then lets agree that in a double elimination bracket, you need to lose twice to get knocked out.

so how is it that i only lost ONCE and got knocked out?

just clear that one thing up for me please.

and i would agree its about having fun, until u start putting MONEY on the line.

The game isn't serious, but the COMPETITION is.

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
im not flaming anyone chillax bros we're all here to just play smash lets have fun, its a game after all. Double elimination means that if you lose twice (are doubly eliminated) then you lose don t see how thats not clear? :/ i think some of the guys (NOT all) were kinda rude to the owner but i understand they were'nt in a good mood so it's no big deal .
Seibrik lost one set. Learn how to run a tourny.

:093:

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
yeah, i cried as i was leaving cuz i was pissed/upset at the situation..

i only ever get upset to the point of crying when i feel helpless, and have been treated unfairly. Its a family issue i had growing up with mean older brothers.

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
in grand finals, in order for the person coming from losers to win, he must win two sets. In layman tersm, defeating the winner's final winner twice, additional translation, knocking the winner down, then knock him down again.
Right he lost two rounds (doubly eliminated) and the other guy won three like they said I don't understand why people are upset

i don't work at that lan center place btw

edit: i dont see what the race of the people that live here has to do with anything by the way, the way you said it just seems kinda racist

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
no no ur misunderstanding.

wen we say lose twice, we mean lose TWO SETS. two BEST OF 5 sets.

not matches.

as in we only played one SET
went to the last match,3-2 his favor.

we has just finished the first MATCH of the second SET when they came over and told us to turn off the system.

nevershootme

Smash Master
Right he lost two rounds (doubly eliminated) and the other guy won three like they said I don't understand why people are upset

let me break this down

3 stocks = match
2/3 matches (3/5 in winners, losers, grand finals) = set
Afro beat seibrik (afro coming from losers) = 1 set
Afro is suppose to play seibrik in a fresh new set to take 1st. meaning a 2nd set

Criteria for afro to win 1st = must win 2 sets of 3/5 matches vs seibrik

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend

That sounds flat out ********. If that is the case, then EVERYBODY who lost should've been eliminated the first time, since, after all, they lost 2 matches so they were "doubly eliminated". Know what the **** it means to be at a tournament and stop trying to justify the TO's stupidity. I didn't even go and i can tell that the TO is bad. Honestly, the single/double elimination means SETS, not MATCHES. Please, either learn how to run a tournament or don't host any at all...

Smash_Brothah

Smash Cadet
That sounds flat out ********. If that is the case, then EVERYBODY who lost should've been eliminated the first time, since, after all, they lost 2 matches so they were "doubly eliminated". Know what the **** it means to be at a tournament and stop trying to justify the TO's stupidity. I didn't even go and i can tell that the TO is bad. Honestly, the single/double elimination means SETS, not MATCHES. Please, either learn how to run a tournament or don't host any at all...
I told you i don't have anything to do with that place :confused:

okay i think i get what you guys are sayin you have to lose 2 sets of matches at the end of the finals to lose so thats like 6 wins overall? I've never heard of that rule really everyone around here (i've played with my friends we have some tournys around here) maybe it's just a regional thing, since you guys are used too different rules. that makes sense i guess but the first guy lost pretty badly anyway so I don't think it would have made much of a difference. It's just a game so it's all cool guys :)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
its not about the game, its about the competitiong..

no one here is complaining about anything dealing with the game itself, we're complaining about the crappy TO.

and its not a regional thing, its more like an ENTIRE smash Community thing,

or rather, more like a "any tourniment ran in double elimination in history" thing.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
Double Elimination According to WIKIPEDIA:

The championship finals of a double elimination tournament is usually set up to be a possible two games. The rationale is that since the tournament is indeed double elimination, it is unfair to have the Winners' Bracket champion eliminated with its first loss. Therefore, while the Winners' Bracket champion needs to beat the Losers' Bracket champion only once to win the tournament, the Losers' Bracket champion must beat the Winners' Bracket champion twice.

I just dont want you guys thinking WE'RE the weird ones, when we've all been going to competitions that are double elimination for literally 5-10 years, and this is just how things are ran.

Top Bottom