• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 characters who never should have been in the Smash Bros series.

Ange

Smash Lord
Wow what's your problem. All I did was state my opinion and you flame me for everything I said lol. I'm not gonna answer all those questions coz I can't be bothered getting into a flame war :( All characters have reasons to be in brawl I was just saying who I thought was the weakest...
No no, I wasnt flaming you. Man, Im definitly not a flamer.

I basically made an argument, I wasnt trying to be rude or anything.

If it did come out rude, I apologize for that.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
Actually, he was a joke character.
Joke character? Not really. He was put in their to promote GSC. That's it.

I mained him for that reason to. He's kind of why GSC is my favorite Generation today. So it worked.

My list:

Wario - Why? Why not Waluigi? Or Toad. >.> Maybe another Yoshi character even..

King DDD - I just never liked the guy. I never followed the games all the way though, but the ones I did follow he didn't have that big of a role.

Dr. Mario - what was the point of him in Melee? Were they trying to promote something there? Was there a GBA game I missed? Or a GC game?

Wolf - should've put in Peppy

Young Link - not Toon Link. Young Link was just a smaller version of Link, where as Toon Link and Link in Brawl are completely seperate characters. Both different storyline wise, but sadly Sakurai was too lazy to actually play Wind Waker before he thought of putting in the moves of TL. Seriously, there were so many other options besides making him a semi clone of Link. They could've been completely different.

He could've done the same with Link. Wolf form anybody? Something like Zero Suit Samus' transformation between Samus? >.>

SPYMOFT

Smash Cadet
Nana, Popo should grow up and become a man!! He needs no help!! (btw, If I recall correctly, wasn't Popo the only Ice Climber in his game? I don't remember seeing Nana) Its also unfair that they are the only duo-character. Lastly...... Ice Climbers and infinite grabs, come on Nintendo, you try to make the game equal yet give them infinite grabs, smart?

SPYMOFT

Smash Cadet
4. Snake (I can see I'll get killed for this but including snake means you cud almost have any character at all coz he's not nintendo like, Sonic looks more cartoony (nintendoey) so he's alrite)
Umm... wasn't metal gear one of the first games on a Nintendo System? I believe Snake "was" a Nintendo character, he was just developed under a different company after they bought the Metal Gear series. And to add, Marth isn't cartoon-ish, neither is Ike. Ganondorf is even less cartoon-ish then those two. But I do believe Snake shouldn't have been in the game, if he was in, where are all the other 3rd Party characters that everyone else wanted. I say if you add two, you should and could add the rest.

(Bomberman, NiGHTS, etc. etc.)

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Mew is better.

Thinking about it, wouldnt he be an interesting addition?

Though i got to admit, i think it was Jesus who said it, Scyther would rock, even though they had to replace Lucario /snif/ /snif/
Uh, no. Mew could learn any TM/HM, but that's all he had over Mewtwo. Mewtwo has far better stats (especially in Special Atk and HP). Tournament organizers debate about unbanning Mew because he's not that powerful compared to the other legendaries which have also been banned (Mewtwo included). Mew was the rarest and most elusive, but Mewtwo was stronger.

Wolf - should've put in Peppy
What? Krystal is understandable. I've heard Slippy being tossed around. But Peppy?

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Uh, no. Mew could learn any TM/HM, but that's all he had over Mewtwo. Mewtwo has far better stats (especially in Special Atk and HP). Tournament organizers debate about unbanning Mew because he's not that powerful compared to the other legendaries which have also been banned (Mewtwo included). Mew was the rarest and most elusive, but Mewtwo was stronger.
Are you sure? Wasnt he stronger because he was the original one.

Or was it because he had the power of love, or soemnthing the sort? He was PINK! And could create Bubbles! Couldnt he trap Metwo in one and choke him to death?

But seriously, bubbles wouldnbe a great attack on smash. I can think of lots of uses right now.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
No no, I wasnt flaming you. Man, Im definitly not a flamer.

I basically made an argument, I wasnt trying to be rude or anything.

If it did come out rude, I apologize for that.
It's ok, it's just that you found something wrong with every point I made :/ Maybe I just didn't put my arguement well enough

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Umm... wasn't metal gear one of the first games on a Nintendo System? I believe Snake "was" a Nintendo character, he was just developed under a different company after they bought the Metal Gear series. And to add, Marth isn't cartoon-ish, neither is Ike. Ganondorf is even less cartoon-ish then those two. But I do believe Snake shouldn't have been in the game, if he was in, where are all the other 3rd Party characters that everyone else wanted. I say if you add two, you should and could add the rest.

(Bomberman, NiGHTS, etc. etc.)
1: Snake is owned By Konami, a third party company, who the creator of the Metal Gear series, Kojima, works for.
2: Fire emblem and Legend of Zelda (sans wind waker and Phantom hourglass) aren't cartoons.
3: The reason Snake is in the game is because Kojima practically begged for him to be in Melee. It was too far into production, so Snake is now in Brawl. Be glad, as if it wasn't for snake, we'd wouldn't have a third party Character in the game.

Underload

Lazy
Ice Climbers: An obscure NES game which I honestly never heard of before I unlocked them in Melee. Those who play them are infinite-whores and chaingrabbers, at least to me. I've yet to see a legit, flashy, Melee-style ICs main.

Mewtwo: When I was a kid, I of course watched Pokemon The Movie 2000, featuring Mewtwo as the villain. Melee came out a year later, with Mewtwo in tow. The reason they put Mewtwo in, at least in my opinion, is to ride off of the popularity of Pokemon at the time (see: Jiggs in 64). Also, he's a bad character.

Pichu: Oh god, do I really have to explain this? His mechanics are horrible, he's a clone of Pikachu (a character I actually like to use for fun), he deals damage to himself, and he packs almost to punch. Please, stay out.

Game + Watch: I called Ice Climbers an obscure duo, just look at Game and Watch. I'm not video game historian, I never knew about the G+W minigames in the ol' days. I probably still wouldn't know about those LED games if it weren't for Melee.

Sheik: I'll keep this short since people probably won't read this anyway. Sheik appeared in one game (not counting Melee and Brawl), and that's LoZ: OoT. A great game, yeah, but she hasn't made an appearance in over 10 years. Again, Nintendo included a character from one of their franchises that's quite obscure. It's like making Mudkip playable, might please some fans, but more will go "what was that for?"

Those are my thoughts.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Sheik: I'll keep this short since people probably won't read this anyway. Sheik appeared in one game (not counting Melee and Brawl), and that's LoZ: OoT. A great game, yeah, but she hasn't made an appearance in over 10 years. Again, Nintendo included a character from one of their franchises that's quite obscure. It's like making Mudkip playable, might please some fans, but more will go "what was that for?"

Those are my thoughts.
One word. Exposure. If people like the character, they might be inclined to buy one of their games

Puffs

Smash Ace
Mewtwo: When I was a kid, I of course watched Pokemon The Movie 2000, featuring Mewtwo as the villain. Melee came out a year later, with Mewtwo in tow. The reason they put Mewtwo in, at least in my opinion, is to ride off of the popularity of Pokemon at the time (see: Jiggs in 64). Also, he's a bad character.

Those are my thoughts.
If that's what you think, then you should want Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Pichu, and Lucario gone. Mewtwo makes more sense than those hacks. Pokemon Trainer and Mewtwo are the only Pokemon characters who play major roles in the games. The others are all just optional party members/common enemies. Besides, Pokemon Trainer is the only Pokemon character who got in for a reason other than anime popularity.

I mean, really. You start adding Mario characters. Who do you add first? The main character, Mario. You put in Zelda characters. Is your first thought to make Medli playable? No, you take the main character, the hero, Link. Only with Pokemon did it take until the THIRD game in the Smash Bros. franchise to include the series' original main character and hero. Hell, common enemies and an optional boss got in before the hero. That wouldn't happen to any other franchise.

I want Lucario gone, and Mewtwo back.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
snake! not even nintendo or sega?? but hes in the game, maybe i dont like him cause he counters game and watch :p
lol, you know that Metal Gear first game was on Nintendo before it games became mostly Play Station, also Metal Gear Soild had a game for the GC as well, (I won't get into details). But I'll agree that he's not Smash Bros material to be in this game. =P

7ACE7

Smash Apprentice
Most unnecessary characters:
1.Pichu
2.Dr. Mario
3.Young Link
4-5.Any clone character that I didn't say.

Don't get the wrong idea. I actually prefer some of the clone characters. I am glad that the characters in Brawl have different moves so that they are similar but not clones. For example Falco.

Ridley5000

Smash Apprentice
ugggh again?

olimar-nintendo failed by switching ridley with him since they needed more bosses in SSE
lucas-awesome, but just a better ness, so why bother
pit-known fact that most people nevr heard of him. also is unbalanced character
lucario-only in anime, why in game?
ike-just a slower roy who isnt a clone of marth

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
1) Pit - seriously, who the **** had ever heard of him before this?

2) Snake - Really, why put a broken third party in? lol

3) Olimar - lameeee and such a dumb ****ing z button...I mean character

4) Ice Climbers - and then they gave them gay grabs -_-

5) Diddy Kong - **** bananas. This game should have Lanky :D

Brave Hippo

Smash Ace
1. Marth. I hate Marth. Girly voice, nobody knows where the hell he is from. Need I go on? :laugh:

2. Roy. I just hate this guy. And Fire Emblem. Hate that to. V_V

3. Hmm.....Young Link. Link has had so many copies its ridiculous, why not introduce the Skull Kid?

4. Jigglypuff. Fun character, nice combos in SS64. Just.....dont like it.

5. And Finally, Zelda. I strongly detest Zelda.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
lol, you know that Metal Gear first game was on Nintendo before it games became mostly Play Station, also Metal Gear Soild had a game for the GC as well, (I won't get into details). But I'll agree that he's not Smash Bros material to be in this game. =P

It's first port was to the Nintendo. The Metal Gear series started on the msx. People get this information wrong way too often. It was on a Nintendo system before the Playstations, but that's it.

Splice

Smash Hero
Pit shouldnt have been in it, Coz he only has two games and they're really old.

Jigglypuff shouldnt have been in it. Too many Pokemon, and he's not even a good one, nor is he as important to the series as Pikachu. Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer is all we need, and Lucario isnt too bad.... (mewtwos better xD )

Ness. They should have replaced him with Lucas, instead of having both.

Afropony

Smash Lord
Pit shouldnt have been in it, Coz he only has two games and they're really old.

Jigglypuff shouldnt have been in it. Too many Pokemon, and he's not even a good one, nor is he as important to the series as Pikachu. Pikachu and Pokemon Trainer is all we need, and Lucario isnt too bad.... (mewtwos better xD )

Ness. They should have replaced him with Lucas, instead of having both.
I'm confused, who are the 5 characters that shouldn't be in the smash bros. series?
All i can see is pit, Jiggly and Ness.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
People like Shiek. You can't have one without the other. Besides, Zelda would suck without her. :laugh:

1) Pit - seriously, who the **** had ever heard of him before this?
Uhh... Lots of people have...

I think:

1. Lucas. Do we need him? Really.
2. Pokemon Trainer. Urhg... I hate this guy...
3. Olimar. I hate this guy.
4. ROB. With those weird movements. :S Get rid of it.
5. Mewtwo. No reason.

Jonas

Smash Champion
Actually, I appreciate the retro characters, although I don't really like playing them. Smash is truly an all-star game, but what's the point when you don't have Nintendo characters from all ages of gaming?

A dumb character who doesn't deserve to be in Smash is Lucario. I knew who it was before Brawl came out because I'd played Pokémon Pearl, but it didn't strike me as a particularly iconic character. Its inclusion seems kinda random. I know it was probably just to promote the lates movie, which stars Lucario as am important character, kinda like how they put Mewtwo in Melee because of the first Pokémon movie, but people actually cared about Mewtwo. It was the last and most powerful legendary Pokémon in the game and it had the number 150. It was pretty iconic in the first game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Actually, I appreciate the retro characters, although I don't really like playing them. Smash is truly an all-star game, but what's the point when you don't have Nintendo characters from all ages of gaming?

A dumb character who doesn't deserve to be in Smash is Lucario. I knew who it was before Brawl came out because I'd played Pokémon Pearl, but it didn't strike me as a particularly iconic character. Its inclusion seems kinda random. I know it was probably just to promote the lates movie, which stars Lucario as am important character, kinda like how they put Mewtwo in Melee because of the first Pokémon movie, but people actually cared about Mewtwo. It was the last and most powerful legendary Pokémon in the game and it had the number 150. It was pretty iconic in the first game.

I agree. However, personally I dislike all pokemon, however, for some reason I prefer Lucario over Mewtwo. Probably because Mewtwo kinda sucked in Melee.

Veng

Smash Ace
Snake

Snake

Snake

Snake

Snake

Okay but honestly:

Snake - wtf no. i dont care if he was in a nintendo game a long time ago - highly my opinion obviously so no need to flame me
Lucas - hes just... dumb and we already have ness
Pichu - same deal... we have pikachu and pikachu doesnt hurt himself everytime he attacks

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
1. Pit (too spamy)

2. Toon Link (clone better then original :mad:)

3. Ice Climbers (wtf?)

4. Lucario (replaced Mewtwo! :mad:)

5. Game and Watch (again wtf?)
you sir, have read my mind ._.

let me add somethings tho

Pit - isn't marth's suppressed homosexuality easy to deny than pits obvious homosexuality, i mean u seen the way he runs right?

TL - wtf? they said ABSOLUTLEY NORE MORE CLONES

Ic's AND mr.gw - It was ANNOUNCED in several magazines and on the internet that these characters would NOT be returning

Lucario - as D3 once said in smash kingdom, aaaawwwww i miss my mewtwo D:<

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
yes he was. He was in mario kart ds
And Kirby's Dream Land 3.

Anyway, who shouldn't have been in the smash series?

Everyone who got in should be in, I just wish they kept peepz from Melee, I don't care if they are clonez. Honestly, when I heard about the Brawl leak and saw R.O.B., I was just like WTF, but I played him and he's now my secondary. But there are 2 characters I'm not fond of.

GOTO HELL IVYSAUR AND CHARIZARD. You're worthless and Squirtle could've been High Tier if he was a solo character. I was SOOOOOOOOO happy when I heard Squirtle was gonna be in Brawl. He is my favorite Pokemon and I've tried to hard to secondary him, but I can't play Ivysaur or Charizard (nor do I want to). Squirtle is bad in Pokemon games and Brawl could've been his chance to shine, like Jiggs.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
1. Sonic - He was so completely tacked on, it's ridiculous.
2. Pichu - He's just so... BAD.
3. R.O.B. - Hardware.
4. Pit - He's just so average. Plus, he was only in two Kid Icarus games that were released over fifteen years ago.
5. Wolf - There's Fox. Who needs Wolf?

Stev

Smash Ace
ugggh again?

olimar-nintendo failed by switching ridley with him since they needed more bosses in SSE
lucas-awesome, but just a better ness, so why bother
pit-known fact that most people nevr heard of him. also is unbalanced character
lucario-only in anime, why in game?
ike-just a slower roy who isnt a clone of marth
if I remember correctly, Lucas was supposed to be in 64, but Mother 3 wasn't released yet, so they put Ness in instead. I could be wrong tho...

Punishment Divine

Smash Champion
1. Marth. I hate Marth. Girly voice, nobody knows where the hell he is from. Need I go on? :laugh:

2. Roy. I just hate this guy. And Fire Emblem. Hate that to. V_V

3. Hmm.....Young Link. Link has had so many copies its ridiculous, why not introduce the Skull Kid?

4. Jigglypuff. Fun character, nice combos in SS64. Just.....dont like it.

5. And Finally, Zelda. I strongly detest Zelda.
**** you

Fire Emblem is an amazing series

Top Bottom