• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 characters who never should have been in the Smash Bros series.

Arw1ng

Smash Rookie
I personally believe Dr. Mario, Pichu, Pokemon Trainer...

That's all I believe should've never been in.

Dr. Mario- In Brawl, Wario is special, isn't Mahio?

Pichu- He is not in the realm, terrible range and recoil make him a bad character.

Pokemon Trainer- IDK. He's cool, but I would definatly rather have Mewtwo over Pokemon Trainer. Lucario is just to legit to quit. Squirtle is the only really viable character, too :' (

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
1. Geno
2. Geno
3. Geno
4. Chuck Norris
5. Geno
You must have read the thread's title wrong. It says characters that SHOULDN'T be in Smash

Obviously, you must have thought it was characters that SHOULD since you put Geno 4 times

...I don't care about Chuck being in though

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Characters that don't fight but got in Smash: (Olimar, ROB, Dr. Mario)

Characters that's not strong at all, but got in Smash for a jacked up reason: (Pichu)

Characters that got in Smash, but doesn't fit to be in Smash, (Snake).

I would say more, but my only limit is five. D=

Jesusdragon737

Smash Cadet
Snake. He's not from Nintendo at all, so he shouldn't be included. I understand why they included third party characters, to emphasize the whole point of SSB: that characters from different games are getting together to fight each other. Sonic was an ok choice though, because Sega and Nintendo have been closely linked for some time now.

Everybody says it: Pichu. Just a bad idea. If you're going to include another pokemon, don't make it a clone of an existing pokemon in SSB. Scyther would have been a great choice.

Dr. Mario, because he's the ultimate clone. He IS Mario. He's not some other character that has the same moveset, he is a replica of Mario, with a twist.

Now onto other clone characters, such as Falco and Fox, Ganon and Falcon, Mario and Luigi, Link and Toon Link. The clones should not be taken out of the game. The only problem is that they have the same moveset. What Nintendo needs to do is totally scrap the moveset of those characters and start from scratch.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
Snake. He's not from Nintendo at all, so he shouldn't be included. I understand why they included third party characters, to emphasize the whole point of SSB: that characters from different games are getting together to fight each other. Sonic was an ok choice though, because Sega and Nintendo have been closely linked for some time now.
Metal Gear - NES. Did you forget Snakes's origins? Yes you did.

Timbers

check me out
I don't have anything against these characters, but practically speaking I have to list Jiggz, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pichu

-Jiggz: Only reason I think Jiggz was added was to attract a larger demographic of players. Would be fine if Jiggz actually had any sort of grip on the franchise itself, rather than fan favorite. What confused me even more is that Jiggz got in and not Meowth. Regarding the anime, Pikachu and Meowth were easily the two most common of the entire pokeroster.

-Mewtwo: Shallow propaganda for his movie. Had no ties to the actual fandom and it was obvious he'd die out in 4-5 years due to being (mostly) movie exclusive. His character in representation of Pokemon held no water at all.

-Lucario: Read above. Awesome as **** character but him being added just came out of no where really. Won't be surprised if he's replaced for the next pokemon in a debut movie.

-Pichu: Read Jiggz, but to a more "what the ****" degree.

I can't really think of a 5th one, the rest at least represent their franchise and will continue to do so.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I can't think of 5 characters that don't belong in any fighter, let alone the SSB series. I find a use for 'em all. Ok maybe Gon was useless. Maybe Wario's useless!? nah it's a matter of opinion but you did ask, so ... my least 5 played characters is a better ? for me to answer I mean hell even some games get delayed waiting for a character to be finished...

ummmm my 5 least played are... uh... I have no clue, *goes to check*

diddy, jp, ic, rob and wario with diddy in dead last. heh not to slight any of those characters.. yoshi is in 6th least used but I should point out that all of those character require unquie handling skills ergo a devotion to learning that character's unique moveset whereas several other characters are quicker more convenient swaps of each other with lesser variation.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo: Had a billion ties to the actual fandom and it was obvious he's immortal due to being (mostly) freaking awesome. His character in representation of Pokemon was the best ever IMO.

-Lucario: Read above. Crappy as **** character and him being added just came out of no where really. Won't be surprised if he's replaced for the next pokemon in a debut movie.
Fixed.

For Mewtwo's sake.

Have you never played any Pokemon games? Because you seem to only like PT and Pikachu. Yeah, I hate Pichu (and Lucario) as much as the next guy, but some actually represent their series.

Smash Journeyman
I think what each character represents isn't as important as how fun they are to play as, so I don't think any characters shouldn't have made it in.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yes it should be:

1.) R.O.B

2.) Jiggly

3.) Wolf

4.) Zero Suit

5.) Diddy
ZSS and Diddy? I'd really like to hear your logic. Those two are at the top of my 'should be in Brawl' list. Hell, I was surprised Diddy wasn't in Melee, and Metroid needed another rep for how popular it is.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't have anything against these characters, but practically speaking I have to list Jiggz, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pichu

-Jiggz: Only reason I think Jiggz was added was to attract a larger demographic of players. Would be fine if Jiggz actually had any sort of grip on the franchise itself, rather than fan favorite. What confused me even more is that Jiggz got in and not Meowth. Regarding the anime, Pikachu and Meowth were easily the two most common of the entire pokeroster.

-Mewtwo: Shallow propaganda for his movie. Had no ties to the actual fandom and it was obvious he'd die out in 4-5 years due to being (mostly) movie exclusive. His character in representation of Pokemon held no water at all.

-Lucario: Read above. Awesome as **** character but him being added just came out of no where really. Won't be surprised if he's replaced for the next pokemon in a debut movie.

-Pichu: Read Jiggz, but to a more "what the ****" degree.

I can't really think of a 5th one, the rest at least represent their franchise and will continue to do so.
How was Mewtwo propoganda for his movie when Melee came out YEARS after his movie was in threatre and had been released on VHS...

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo was the de-facto uber-legendary. Anyone who was around in the heyday of Pokemon RBY knew that. He was pretty iconic as being the most powerful of the 151 original Pokemon.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Metal Gear - NES. Did you forget Snakes's origins? Yes you did.
Actually, you did. He started on the MSX, not the NES. Not to mention, his best games are on Sony, so for opinions of him not feeling Nintendo are justfied.

MBreeto

Smash Ace
yes, but he said the Snake had no ties with nintendo at all, which isn't true. Whether or not he first started on Nintendo doesn't matter because in the beginning, he was a part of nintendo. I guess origins was a bad word,

chandy

Smash Journeyman
1. Pichu (very random pokemon)
2. G&W (I don't mind retro but no remodelling to make him 3D sux D: )
3. Toon Link (clone of Link and he's freaky O.o)
4. Snake (I can see I'll get killed for this but including snake means you cud almost have any character at all coz he's not nintendo like, Sonic looks more cartoony (nintendoey) so he's alrite)
5. Dr Mario (Even the fact he was my main in melee his games still suck)

I wud also have put olimar coz he does no fighting but I'm limited to 5 so...

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Regarding my top 4 character rejects...

1: Pichu - Only existed to represent Pokemon eggs and baby Pokemon. Not as popular as its evolved form.

2: Dr. Mario - Mario is already in the game, so making Doc a separate character is pointless.

3: Young Link - He's basically the OoT Link as a child. At least Toon Link is a completely different Link than the Link from Twilight Princess.

4: Jigglypuff - Only popular because of the anime. Mewtwo should've been in the first Smash Bros. instead IMO.

I have no number 5.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Mewtwo was the de-facto uber-legendary. Anyone who was around in the heyday of Pokemon RBY knew that. He was pretty iconic as being the most powerful of the 151 original Pokemon.

Mew is better.

Thinking about it, wouldnt he be an interesting addition?

Though i got to admit, i think it was Jesus who said it, Scyther would rock, even though they had to replace Lucario /snif/ /snif/

JacobWins

Smash Journeyman
There was an interview yeeeeeeeears back where they explained why Ganon was a clone of Falcon, saying that he was cut but then had some time, they made a few slight alterations to some existing ones to squeeze a few last characters in and noticed that the discarded Gannondorf's wireframe/body looked a lot like Captain Falcon. They also said that they made Pichu as a joke, making some comment about someone being really good with him in Australia or something. I really wish I could find that interview again :(

If you do find that interview, please share it :p

Red the Ghost

Smash Ace
Doc is awesome, but I believe Sakurai said he put the character in just so he could use the Doctor Mario music. xD

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team

2: Dr. Mario - Mario is already in the game, so making Doc a separate character is pointless.
I thought this too until I saw that Olimar and Dr. Mario have more in common than Mario and Dr. Mario

Then again you could argue both are useless and both are awesome, haha ah well. Ganondorf. He's hard to win with. Lots of folks tell me they never lose to him unless its such-n-such's Ganondorf.. I'd have to agree, I only lose to Zeon. S i c k m o f o that one.

Ange

Smash Lord
1. Pichu (very random pokemon)
Hes the pre-evo of Pikachu - the mascot of Pokemon, was probably included to represent the then-newly baby Pokemon as M&S Guy said, so I dont see him being random. He had a reason to be included, like EVERY other character.

2. G&W (I don't mind retro but no remodelling to make him 3D sux D: )
You dont **** around with classics. The whole Game & Watch franchise took place in a completely FLAT world, that means there is no third-dimension. Now why should Mr. G&W be 3D'fied if he came from a 2D world where 3D possibilities does not exist? Mr. G&W originated as a flat character, therefore he should stay as one.

3. Toon Link (clone of Link and he's freaky O.o)
Hes not a 100% clone. And hes freaky? Thats a pretty bad argument if you ask me, lol.

4. Snake (I can see I'll get killed for this but including snake means you cud almost have any character at all coz he's not nintendo like, Sonic looks more cartoony (nintendoey) so he's alrite)
That argument makes no sense at all. What exactly makes a character "Nintendo-like"? They must look "cartoony" to be included in Smash? If Nintendo would follow you, only a few characters would be included, possibly not even anyone since game characters who originated as game characters arent cartoons. I suggest having some research, Nintendo isnt all about, in your words, "cartoony"-looking characters you know. Same goes for SEGA.

I would say some characters could be more or less Anime-influenced.

5. Dr Mario (Even the fact he was my main in melee his games still suck)
Opinion.

I wud also have put olimar coz he does no fighting but I'm limited to 5 so...
He does fight, look up his moveset on Smashwiki.

chandy

Smash Journeyman
Hes the pre-evo of Pikachu - the mascot of Pokemon, was probably included to represent the then-newly baby Pokemon as M&S Guy said, so I dont see him being random. He had a reason to be included, like EVERY other character.

You dont **** around with classics. The whole Game & Watch franchise took place in a completely FLAT world, that means there is no third-dimension. Now why should Mr. G&W be 3D'fied if he came from a 2D world where 3D possibilities does not exist? Mr. G&W originated as a flat character, therefore he should stay as one.

Hes not a 100% clone. And hes freaky? Thats a pretty bad argument if you ask me, lol.

That argument makes no sense at all. What exactly makes a character "Nintendo-like"? They must look "cartoony" to be included in Smash? If Nintendo would follow you, only a few characters would be included, possibly not even anyone since game characters who originated as game characters arent cartoons. I suggest having some research, Nintendo isnt all about, in your words, "cartoony"-looking characters you know. Same goes for SEGA.

I would say some characters could be more or less Anime-influenced.

Opinion.

He does fight, look up his moveset on Smashwiki.
Wow what's your problem. All I did was state my opinion and you flame me for everything I said lol. I'm not gonna answer all those questions coz I can't be bothered getting into a flame war :( All characters have reasons to be in brawl I was just saying who I thought was the weakest...

stealthgun

Smash Cadet
I would have to say that Wolf and Falco and either Marth or Roy should have been left out but I think that they left out the wrong one because I owned with Roy lol. I say Wolf and Falco because they are just slower but more powerful versions of Fox. It's like adding Mew to Mewtwo in Mellee as a faster version along with a third version if there was one. If they wanted to promote the Starfox games then I would have added Krystal instead of Falco and Wolf.

Top Bottom