• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 characters who never should have been in the Smash Bros series.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
1) Mario - He's a fat plumber on shrooms and thinks turtles are evil...Ooh, real nice character...
2) Kirby - He's pink
3) Link - Wasn't his name Zelda? The Legend of Zelda...more like the Legend of suckage.
4) Pikachu - Who buys pokemon? Is it even still around?
5) Samus Aran - No one liked his Super Nintendo games, and his newer games are even worse
This post is really really good.

☆_Mutha-Foxin GangstaKirby_☆

Banned via Warnings
waiting for mars to hurry up with that **** blunt
Uhuh, well if you ask me.

I base this off of observations

Sakurai hates characters that make a smash game competitive.

So Marth will be nerfed even more, Mk will probally say byby

Snake is going to get nerfed or pack up his bags ... sadly

I think Sakurai hates capatain falcon... so even less priority.... Noooooo
sakurai made brawl for sakurai end of story, he wanted it to be as little technical skill as possible which is why wavedash = gone, drill shine= gone, ledges = autosnap

if he spotted any techs for example boost-sliding, flash canceling or other technical things before they released brawl there would be none, lets face it sakurai was probably terrible at melee so he want a game that HE could be good at and the only reason brawl now has not near as much tech as melee is becuase sakurai is a greed *******

also
1.ic's
2.mr gw
(the above characters were ANNOUNCED not to be in brawl yet some how they made it back) :/
3.SNAKE!
4.SNAAAAAAAAAAAKE
5.SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
This post is really really good.
You got to be kidding!
HE wants to take out Link, Pikachu, Kirby and Samus, and just because he doesnt like them! Oh, and Mario by the way. Im sure Nintendo producers will just take him away in the following game. I mean, hes not important or anything

Shin Ike

Smash Rookie
Although previously stated, Snake did NOT start out on the NES. He started out on the MSX2. And hell, Metal Gear 2 wasn't even on the NES anyway. And i would give Sony more credit for Snake's fame.....That being said however i still really don't understand how he made it into brawl (he's still a bad *** though). I also don't know why Sonic is here as he really isn't a "Nintendo" character. Also, i think Pit is just gay. (well his voice is at least) No offense to any Pit mains out there lol.:laugh:

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
You got to be kidding!
HE wants to take out Link, Pikachu, Kirby and Samus, and just because he doesnt like them! Oh, and Mario by the way. Im sure Nintendo producers will just take him away in the following game. I mean, hes not important or anything
You got to be kidding!
YOU want to take out Diddy, Peach, G&W and Wolf, just because you don't like them! Oh, and Wario by the way. I'm sure Nintendo will just take him out of the next game. I mean, it's not like he's having 2 VERY successful series spanning from the NES to the Wii.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Lucario is better than Mewtwo. >_>

Always was, and probably always will be.

R.O.B. is amazing, haters don't know ****. :D

I didn't like Young Link. Too much of a clone.

Pichu sucked. Too much of a clone.

Why the hell did he include Lucas of all characters? I never played the franchise, but he's ********. Seriously.

Roy sucked. Marth was always better. Ike is even better than Marth.

Poor Captain Falcon. =(

I don't know, really. I'm just rambling here, so I'm going to stop.

AAP

Smash Journeyman
Heck why not, i've seen worse lists than this with less reasoning.

First off, my reasoning for the top four of this list is on the basis that i loved smash for being a cartoony fighter with unorthodox charaters. So to me anyone from the Fire Emblem series does not fit, neither does Snake. Swinging swords and planting c4 is not what smash should be about. BLABLABLA Fire Emblem's big in japan blablabla, I don't care, never played the series, I'll never play as the characters and nothing would make me happier than to see every ounce of rep. fire emblem gets in smash removed. Flame all ya want, i don't care, i'm not japanese nor do i like anime, swords or effeminate ancient princes wearing their dead sisters jewelery.

1. Snake- Hate his playstyle, 1on1 is bad enough but try to keep track of his booby traps in an involving free for all. Sure he's had a game on NES, but he's a multi platform character probably more readily associated with Sony than Nintendo. Who's next? Tommy Vercetti, can't wait till i can chainsaw and drive by some mofo's.

2. Marth-see above

3. Ike-see above

4. Roy-see above

5. Pokemon Trainer- Overall i find pokemon a bit over rep'd in the series, jigglypuff is Original so i'd have a hard time justifying her departure. So PT makes the list since he's really 3 pokemon not just one which is a wacky enough concept alone.

Now to anyone who wonders why i didn't pick the Links since they meet some of my reasoning with swords and bombs. Well for one Link is original so that alone makes it ok in my books, second Zelda is an obvious nintendo landmark series, lastly they do more than just swing a sword EVERY move and their bombs look akin to something Wile E. Coyote would order from acme.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
You got to be kidding!
YOU want to take out Diddy, Peach, G&W and Wolf, just because you don't like them! Oh, and Wario by the way. I'm sure Nintendo will just take him out of the next game. I mean, it's not like he's having 2 VERY successful series spanning from the NES to the Wii.
THey are just the 5 players ive seen the least, and yeah, i dont like them! I though thats what this post was about! (i also think they are the worst 5, not diddy, i was kidding with him, hes good. And so is wolf, but hey, we already have fox)
I mean, there are guys saying, take out pit cause his voice is gay, wtf.
And who cares how this characters do in OTHER games, i care how they do on smash.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
THey are just the 5 players ive seen the least, and yeah, i dont like them! I though thats what this post was about! (i also think they are the worst 5, not diddy, i was kidding with him, hes good. And so is wolf, but hey, we already have fox)
I mean, there are guys saying, take out pit cause his voice is gay, wtf.
And who cares how this characters do in OTHER games, i care how they do on smash.
So, you want to take out characters who didn't get to a very high tier in smash, even if they are important to Nintendo?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Then the characters you should want to get the boot are either:
Yoshi, Link, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, Ganondorf (the 5 worst characters according to the tier list)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214428
OR
Link, Jigglypuff, Ganondorf, Samus, Bowser (the 5 characters who placed the least according to the tournament placing thread)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=165954

Wario, Game & Watch, Diddy, Dedede... those characters ALL place VERY often in MAJOR tournaments. And all of those characters are among the BEST of the whole game!!

Besides, WHY do you think that Sakurai includes characters like Sonic into Smash? Because he likes his blue colour or something? NO! Because Sonic was the most wanted and popular addition to Smash.
Wario, Dedede, Diddy... all those characters are INSANELY popular, among the most popular Nintendo characters EVER.

Characters like Pit, ROB or G&W are not as well known, but they are there to represent Nintendo's ROOTS, their history.

And I don't like Pit, yet I acknowledge his presence and see a good reason behind it.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Well, for some reasone i really like Link... he was my main in N64 and i feel melancholic about him...
Yoshi, jigglypuff and Captain falcon are in smash since N64 and we all know they are part of the "untouchable 12"
And Ganondorf, yeah, hes one of those id remove.
So, i just though of the ones who would most likely be kicked out, and i though of those. I just dont see Dedede as a sticky character for the following smashes (hope that is for many years). I mean, yeah hes good, and yeah he might be popular, but hes not a Nintendo figure, which Kirby is. Next i though of some clones or if you like "resembling characters" (i know you get itchy when i say "clones") which could make some room for new ones.
So that was my line of thought, characters which resembled others and not important figures (i mean, Wario has been mostly a shadow of Mario.... though you could argue with all the games he had on his own hes now completely independent... IDK) of Nintendo. I know MR Game. Is Nintendo Roots and all that, so yeah, theyll porabbly keep it.

P.S: I HATE tear lists

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
I don't really know I'm just glad every character had a privillage to be in the games and I'm so glad that Wolf is in Brawl hehe. But I guess I'll just choose the top five.

1. Mr. G&W
2. Pichu
3. Young Link
4. Dr. Mario (they could have gave him this as an alt costume)
5. R.O.B

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Well, for some reasone i really like Link... he was my main in N64 and i feel melancholic about him...
Yoshi, jigglypuff and Captain falcon are in smash since N64 and we all know they are part of the "untouchable 12"
And Ganondorf, yeah, hes one of those id remove.
So, i just though of the ones who would most likely be kicked out, and i though of those. I just dont see Dedede as a sticky character for the following smashes (hope that is for many years). I mean, yeah hes good, and yeah he might be popular, but hes not a Nintendo figure, which Kirby is. Next i though of some clones or if you like "resembling characters" (i know you get itchy when i say "clones") which could make some room for new ones.
So that was my line of thought, characters which resembled others and not important figures (i mean, Wario has been mostly a shadow of Mario.... though you could argue with all the games he had on his own hes now completely independent... IDK) of Nintendo. I know MR Game. Is Nintendo Roots and all that, so yeah, theyll porabbly keep it.

P.S: I HATE tear lists
Dedede is not a Nintendo figure? LAWL! King Dedede has been the major antagonist and rival of Kirby since the VERY FIRST Kirby game and has appeared in practically EVERY Kirby game EVER. That's about 15 games.

Wario a "shadow" of Mario? Seriously? Are you comparing Wario to Luigi right now? Wario NEVER was a second player figure, he always has been a very popular figure since his very first appearance in Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins for the Game Boy.

Here, by the way, the list of games which were starring Wario, not including all the Mario games he has appeared in:

Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins (as main villain)
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Virtual Boy Wario Land
Wario Land II
Wario Land 3
Wario Land 4
Wario World
Wario: Master of Disguise
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!
WarioWare: Twisted!
WarioWare: Touched!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Utsutsu! Made in Wario (Japan only)
Made in Ore (Japan only)
Asobu! Made in Ore (Japan only)

Total: 16 (17 if you count SML2)

Now, let's see the games Luigi was the main character in...

Super Mario Bros. 2 (one of the 4 main characters)
Mario is Missing!
Luigi's Mansion

Total: 2 (3 if you count SMB2)

How about Yoshi?

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Universal Gravitation
Yoshi Touch & Go
Yoshi's Island DS
Yoshi
Yoshi's Cookie
Yoshi's Safari
Tetris Attack

Total: 9 (of which one isn't even an actual Yoshi game but was changed for the Western market - Tetris Attack)

Link...

Phantom Hourglass
Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
Wind Waker
A Link to the Past
Four Swords
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening
A Link to the Past
The Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda

Total: 16 (17 if you count the OoT Remake Master Quest)

You see what I want to say? Just because you don't like the character, that doesn't mean that they are bad or generally unliked. Wario is a VERY popular character, his 2 (yes, he has 2 full series, not one like most others) are insanely successful, and he has as many games as Link.

§leepy God

Smash Master
My option I would say Snake, Ice Climbers, Dr. Mario, Pichu, and Mewtwo, *He's suppose to be the all mighty Uber strong Pokemon, how did Smash **** him up like that in Smash Bros." That's all I have to say.

1) Mario - He's a fat plumber on shrooms and thinks turtles are evil...Ooh, real nice character...
2) Kirby - He's pink
3) Link - Wasn't his name Zelda? The Legend of Zelda...more like the Legend of suckage.
4) Pikachu - Who buys pokemon? Is it even still around?
5) Samus Aran - No one liked his Super Nintendo games, and his newer games are even worse
LAMO, post of the year please. XD

Mr. Referee

Smash Cadet
I would say Snake, yes he started on Nintendo so he does have a claim but just doesn't fit in with the rest of the cast; Lucario, I like him but he shouldn't have replaced Mewtwo; and all of the clones taken out from Melee. I didn't like IC, GaW, or Rob at first but they all have their reasons for being in and they all have unique fighting styles so they're cool.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Dedede is not a Nintendo figure? LAWL! King Dedede has been the major antagonist and rival of Kirby since the VERY FIRST Kirby game and has appeared in practically EVERY Kirby game EVER. That's about 15 games.

Wario a "shadow" of Mario? Seriously? Are you comparing Wario to Luigi right now? Wario NEVER was a second player figure, he always has been a very popular figure since his very first appearance in Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins for the Game Boy.

Here, by the way, the list of games which were starring Wario, not including all the Mario games he has appeared in:

Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins (as main villain)
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Virtual Boy Wario Land
Wario Land II
Wario Land 3
Wario Land 4
Wario World
Wario: Master of Disguise
Wario Land: Shake It!
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgame$!
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Party Game$!
WarioWare: Twisted!
WarioWare: Touched!
WarioWare: Smooth Moves
Utsutsu! Made in Wario (Japan only)
Made in Ore (Japan only)
Asobu! Made in Ore (Japan only)

Total: 16 (17 if you count SML2)

Now, let's see the games Luigi was the main character in...

Super Mario Bros. 2 (one of the 4 main characters)
Mario is Missing!
Luigi's Mansion

Total: 2 (3 if you count SMB2)

How about Yoshi?

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
Yoshi's Story
Yoshi's Universal Gravitation
Yoshi Touch & Go
Yoshi's Island DS
Yoshi
Yoshi's Cookie
Yoshi's Safari
Tetris Attack

Total: 9 (of which one isn't even an actual Yoshi game but was changed for the Western market - Tetris Attack)

Link...

Phantom Hourglass
Twilight Princess
Link's Crossbow Training
Minish Cap
Four Swords Adventures
Wind Waker
A Link to the Past
Four Swords
Oracle of Seasons
Oracle of Ages
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time
Link's Awakening
A Link to the Past
The Adventure of Link
The Legend of Zelda

Total: 16 (17 if you count the OoT Remake Master Quest)

You see what I want to say? Just because you don't like the character, that doesn't mean that they are bad or generally unliked. Wario is a VERY popular character, his 2 (yes, he has 2 full series, not one like most others) are insanely successful, and he has as many games as Link.
Err... thanks for the info....

Anyway, Luigi appeared in more games, i come to think of Paper Mario for instance, or Super mario bros deluxe. And i believe he is more popular than Wario.

Also, please learn to read, you said exactly what i thought you would say, "Wario has been mostly a shadow of Mario.... though you could argue with all the games he had on his own hes now completely independent... IDK)" Pay attention to the IDK past at the end, i dont know.

Ange

Smash Lord
Actually, G&W was not included in Smash to represent Nintendos roots and all that.

Mr. Game was included in Melee to tribute to Gunpei Yokoi, the creator of the Game & Watch franchise, who died in 1997 in a car accident.

Just saying.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Err... thanks for the info....

Anyway, Luigi appeared in more games, i come to think of Paper Mario for instance, or Super mario bros deluxe. And i believe he is more popular than Wario.

Also, please learn to read, you said exactly what i thought you would say, "Wario has been mostly a shadow of Mario.... though you could argue with all the games he had on his own hes now completely independent... IDK)" Pay attention to the IDK past at the end, i dont know.
I never said Luigi appeared in less games than Wario, and I also never said he was less popular than Wario. I said that Wario had more games in which he is a MAJOR character in. Luigi has far less, as you can see.

YOU are telling me to learn to read. When you can't even understand that your personal opinion is not everything that matters.

You're a hypocrite. You say that characters who are bad in Smash should be kicked out of the game. Link NEVER has been good. In Melee, his best time, he was below average too, and in SSB64 and Brawl he's always been on the very bottom.

And as already mentioned, Link stars in just as many games as Wario.

This means by YOUR arguments, that Link has to be cut. That he should have been cut from Melee already. And yet you say "I dunno, I like Link." That ALTHOUGH he's a bad character and only has 16 (or 17) games he stars in.

Actually, G&W was not included in Smash to represent Nintendos roots and all that.

Mr. Game was included in Melee to tribute to Gunpei Yokoi, the creator of the Game & Watch franchise, who died in 1997 in a car accident.

Just saying.
That on top of that, but G&W also is the first character Nintendo ever created, so I guess you can also keep that in mind.

toon_marth

Smash Ace
actually i changed my mind :/ i want the clones' clones gone

1.marth - roy clone
2.samus - megaman clone
3.pikachu -pichu clone with better stats
4.snake - captain falcon clone (he's trying to copy his manliness not his moveset)
5.metaknight - kirby clone with a sword and a near 99 percent different moveset (2 shared grabs)
Lol this is a joke. I get it. Tell me its a joke...

Also, it's a pity megaman was not in brawl. The OBVIOUS choice for a 3rd party character over snake.

oh well

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
IMO
-M2 should have been removed (if you're not going to give him the uberness or at least similarity of his moveset to canon, why even bother? M2 was supposed to be crazy good)
-Pichu (although t0mmy's is amazing)
-One of the space animals (seriously, 3?)
-one of the Dreamland chars (same applies)
-Dr. Mario (srsly, awesome char, but wouldn't mind if it got rid of the clone chars with hardly any games standing for them)
HM: Lucario (4th gen is kind of lol), Roy (he's ok, but if I hear another "Roy's our Boy" comment, I'm going on a double katana killing spree (lol)), Pit (annoying spam + voice acting makes me want to kick babies)
Yoshi.

Why even put him in the games if he's going to suck in all of them.

:093:
Yoshi was decent in Smash 64 for the record.

The Falconator

Smash Cadet
Lucario. Metwo in Melee was a good idea, what was the point of taking him out of Brawl, and replacing with a crappy b-rate version known as Lucario.

And Pichu of course, what a waste of time.

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
I never said Luigi appeared in less games than Wario, and I also never said he was less popular than Wario. I said that Wario had more games in which he is a MAJOR character in. Luigi has far less, as you can see.

YOU are telling me to learn to read. When you can't even understand that your personal opinion is not everything that matters.

You're a hypocrite. You say that characters who are bad in Smash should be kicked out of the game. Link NEVER has been good. In Melee, his best time, he was below average too, and in SSB64 and Brawl he's always been on the very bottom.

And as already mentioned, Link stars in just as many games as Wario.

This means by YOUR arguments, that Link has to be cut. That he should have been cut from Melee already. And yet you say "I dunno, I like Link." That ALTHOUGH he's a bad character and only has 16 (or 17) games he stars in.

That on top of that, but G&W also is the first character Nintendo ever created, so I guess you can also keep that in mind.
I said Link was one of the untouchable 12 so hes going nowhere... you just didnt get my trail of thought.

Top Bottom