• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

5 characters who never should have been in the Smash Bros series.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Meta Knight was unnecessary too, and clearly the game would have been better without him. <_<
Although this is late and pretty random to pick out, I'd take MK in his current form over Dedede any day of the week. We'd be playing on so many more stages without him...

And the fact that he's a d!ck character-wise

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
Actually, he was a joke character.

Also, all five of those have more reason than Snake and Sonic.
Sonic was just because too many kids out there whined about it until he was put in the game. I will agree with you on this one. I would even say that Sonic is a thorn in Nintendo's side. When is the last time a good Sonic game has come out? Certainly not for a Nintendo console. Argue all you want but nothing compares to when Sega was in its golden age.

But let's be honest, Snake would be nothing without Nintendo. It is where he got his start and where some of the (IMO) best games in the series came from. Sure he eventually moved to Sony but you can't deny the importance of Snake and his relation to Nintendo.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Well, actually Ice climber is a really fun player (i dont use it myself) with a lot of potential, involving chaingrabs and being able to control both separatedly.

My worst 5 (from brawl) Would be:

.Wolf
As you said, there just too many Fox series creatures, with fox is enough, and falco is more than enough as the three are really alike.

.Mr. game and watch
I really dont see anyone maining him, he just seems to be a fun-to-play character (i dont fine anything fun about that... thing.... ridiculous moves and smash. I mean.... an octopus?!)

.Wario
Another one which i dont see any mains, just casuall playing to ride a bike and thats all. Though, hes clothes are cool xD

.Ganondorf
They did not only keep it from melee, but they nerfed it even more, for some reason. Really, someone in the staff must hate him. He is now fat, old, and slower. I mean, his sword is pink now, WTF. Useless character at this point.

Now this is a hard one... if you had said 4 i would be ok... but for a fith im between...

.Peach
ITs mainable, i know, but i just dont see any potential in her

.Diddy kong
Maybe im going to far

.Dedede
I probably went to far xD
To the entire post:

lolwut.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But let's be honest, Snake would be nothing without Nintendo. It is where he got his start and where some of the (IMO) best games in the series came from. Sure he eventually moved to Sony but you can't deny the importance of Snake and his relation to Nintendo.
Really? That's funny, because some of his worst games were on Nintendo. He started off on the MSX, and Metal Gear 1 and 2 weren't very good on the NES. The only one that was good in the majority of opinion was The Twin Snakes. But regardless, your assumption that he'd be nothing without Nintendo is very false. I understand you enjoy those games, and have no problem with that, but Metal Gear would be nothing without Sony, and we can't change that fact.

As for Sonic, it has nothing to do with people whining, it's the fact that he might've been in Mario Kart: Double Dash AND that he and Mario had their own, albeit, crappy, game together. There's no reason why he wouldn't have appeared in Brawl. Everybody expected it. I was 90% sure he'd appear in, and mind you, I was 100% sure that Diddy Kong would be in, but point being, yeah, he was as good as appearing.

TheBigO

Smash Rookie
Sonic ruins the game...

They need to get rid of him and while they're at it they should remove Snake as well.

I hope they keep Lucas for the 4th one.

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
Pichu, Dr. Mario, Lucas. Those are the only ones I can really think of that haven't contributed much to the games or are just dittos of another character.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
1. ROB (He didn't even appear in the two games he was a peripheral for, two games that were absolute ****.)
2. Snake (Hideo Kojima is a selfish *******, really.)
3. Toon/Young Link (You could just make Link better.)
4. Doc (I love him, but he really was just Mario with wonky hitboxes.)
5. Sonic (As much as I think he suits the game really well, he's only in because Hideo Kojima is a selfish *******, and Sega still has at least one brain cell left in their empty skulls.)

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
Why does everyone want to kick out sonic, hes an exceptional character, very unique and with a whole different game play than anyother; i think hes the one that contributes the most to keeping Smash characters different from each other, creating diversity and new techniques.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Why does everyone want to kick out sonic, hes an exceptional character, very unique and with a whole different game play than anyother; i think hes the one that contributes the most to keeping Smash characters different from each other, creating diversity and new techniques.
Says the one wanting to give the boot to Wolf, Game & Watch, Wario, Dedede, Diddy and Peach.

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
Sonic ruins the game...

They need to get rid of him and while they're at it they should remove Snake as well.

I hope they keep Lucas for the 4th one.
Lucas needs to be kicked out he's a clone of ness, at least sonic and snake have a diffrent moveset from other chracters.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Lucas needs to be kicked out he's a clone of ness, at least sonic and snake have a diffrent moveset from other chracters.
So you're saying Mario and Luigi are clones? And Kirby and Meta Knight? Cause Kirby and Meta Knight... they share 3 moves. One more and they'd have as much moves shared as Lucas and Ness.

will.d

Smash Rookie
Just get rid of Falco. Honestly, his final smash is the same, his specials are the same, just get him out! I hate lucas so get rid of him for being a partial clone of Ness. Jigglypuff is the biggest mystery in the world. Why did the Smashgods ( ;) ) poison this great game with the repeated presence of this ridiculously annoying Pokemon.

The thing that made me the happiest was Ike's appearence. Not only is he from Radiant Dawn, which is probably the best Fire Emblem game ever, he's the first Fire Emblem Character in the SSB Series that isn't Japanese! Finally an American. :laugh:

KO M

Smash Apprentice
Uhuh, well if you ask me.

I base this off of observations

Sakurai hates characters that make a smash game competitive.

So Marth will be nerfed even more, Mk will probally say byby

Snake is going to get nerfed or pack up his bags ... sadly

I think Sakurai hates capatain falcon... so even less priority.... Noooooo

RyuKen!

Smash Apprentice
So you're saying Mario and Luigi are clones? And Kirby and Meta Knight? Cause Kirby and Meta Knight... they share 3 moves. One more and they'd have as much moves shared as Lucas and Ness.
I,m not saying kirby and meta knight are clones. How would kirby and meta knight be clones in the first place and i,m not saying mario and luigi are clones.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ness and Lucas have many of the same moves. They're about as different as Marth and Roy, and that's saying something. If we don't get Mother 3, or even Earthbound on the VC, then there's no point in keeping Lucas. 4 moves? Hardly. PK Fire, PK Thunder, pretty much identical Forward Smash, same Final Smash, PK Flash and PK Freeze are only slightly different, which is about as different as Warlock Punch and Falcon Punch. Many of their actions are exactly the same, just with a slightly different effect. Face it, Lucas is a clone of Ness. Wolf is more different from Fox than Lucas is from Ness, and that's a third technical clone. If you're going to defend Ness, don't bother with the clone route, as it won't work. Fact: They didn't make him his own unique fighter. Get over it.

trev94

Smash Journeyman
1. Pichu(Plain retarted)
2. Dr. mario(It mario in Dr clothes WTF)
3. Jiggz(lets put in a pokeom that looks like they could fight. What about Hit-monchan or Hit-Monlee they were FIGHTING POKEMON.)
4. ROB( name 3 games he was the main charater in. DONT GIVE ME he's an icon Because i dont see the game cube icon fighting in this game.)

Warioman123

Smash Apprentice
Uhuh, well if you ask me.

I base this off of observations

Sakurai hates characters that make a smash game competitive.

So Marth will be nerfed even more, Mk will probally say byby

Snake is going to get nerfed or pack up his bags ... sadly

I think Sakurai hates capatain falcon... so even less priority.... Noooooo
If so, then why did he choose to keep Fox?

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
I,m not saying kirby and meta knight are clones. How would kirby and meta knight be clones in the first place and i,m not saying mario and luigi are clones.
Kirby and Meta Knight share several moves, such as the Dash Attack, the Down Throw and the Up Throw. Nearly as much moves as Lucas and Ness share: All the Specials and the Final Smash.

@HyperFalcon:
What else except the special attacks do Ness and Lucas share? I wouldn't know of anything else.

cAm8ooo

Smash Lord
Kirby and Meta knight have the same forward throw? Since when? I believe your referring to up-throw

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just get rid of Falco. Honestly, his final smash is the same, his specials are the same, just get him out! I hate lucas so get rid of him for being a partial clone of Ness. Jigglypuff is the biggest mystery in the world. Why did the Smashgods ( ;) ) poison this great game with the repeated presence of this ridiculously annoying Pokemon.

I hate him so get rid of him...

Ok, no company cares what you personally hate. They care what's popular for the US population, you are an irrelevantly small statistic. Now, if you have some objective reason, state it, but "i dislike x" is stupid.

Falco has a decidedly different moveset then Fox. He has a similar illusion and up-b, but a very different laser and shine, and most of their a moves are nothing alike.

Regardless, it doesn't matter if he's a clone (which he isn't anymore), if he deserves to be in he deserves to be in, he just should be differentiated a bit more.

Lucas is not a clone of Ness period, he shares some b moves (all of which have very different attributes), but his A moves aren't the same in the slightest. Anyway, the question is "does he deserve to be in?", not "is he a clone?".

Jigglypuff is a unique and highly popular character, she definately deserves to be in.

The thing that made me the happiest was Ike's appearence. Not only is he from Radiant Dawn, which is probably the best Fire Emblem game ever, he's the first Fire Emblem Character in the SSB Series that isn't Japanese! Finally an American. :laugh:
Geneology of the Holy war is far superior from every standpoint except graphics.

As of yesterday, Marth is just as american a character as Ike is. Or did you miss the FE DS release?

Lucas has the same moves as ness?! Since when? He has some SIMILAR specials.

Ignorant statement is ignorant.

Hive Mind

Smash Journeyman
1. Sonic: I hate him and rather the Flash in than him. Besides, his moves are horrid. If they wanted a third-party character they should have got one with some ba11z. And he's mean.

2. Pichu: I like Pichu but they spayed and neutered him in Melee. If he was a two-part deal like the Pichu Bros., I bet he would've stayed.

3. Dr. Mario: I like his style better than Mario but Mario is way more important to Nintendo than him.

4. Wolf: Just saying, I don't like him and Krystal's better. He may fill a quota as a villain but Mewtwo did too and he wasn't a semi-clone.

5. Lucario: Mewtwo was better and he would be now if they actually did something with him.

Oh, Lucas and Ness share 7 moves (specials, uair, and fsmash), excluding throws, but everyone has about the same throws, more or less.

Meta Knight and Kirby do NOT have the same dash attack.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
I KNEW that you were going to say R.O.B. when I had only readed the titlte of this topic! Stop flaming R.O.B. people! Or I'll throw a Gyro to your head! Fully chraged!

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
no sonic is just plain out gay and boring
FIrst, you need guts to fight an Ike or a DOnkey with sonic, it costs alot to get them flying and also all of his kills demand risky moves from it, such as pursuing the other one to the bottom of the stage of in the air. You might say that more of Ike than for sonic (i love Ike anyway)

Tennet

Smash Champion
1. Pit's voice
2. Falcon's Scarf
3. Lucas's hair gel
4. Sonic's Side taunt
5. ZSS's clothes
5. Olimar's helmet

Vel

Smash Apprentice
1) Dr. Mario
2) Roy (pick a clone)
3) Pichu
4) Jigglypuff
5) Gotta agree with others who posted first - Pit's voice

LightAlchemist

Smash Apprentice
You cant say Meta knight is a clone of kirby, they might share a couple of moves (Literally) but their specials, combos, everything is different. You cnat say that they are as Ness and Lucas, who share almost every move, have the same range, and the moves that are not the same are slightly changed such as Its B, one freezes, the other one Punishes but both are managed the same way. Those two are much more clones than Metaknight and Kirby

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
To this day, I still question why Pichu and Dr. Mario were added. Granted, I pretty much know WHY they were added but it's one of those "I can't believe they did it anyways" kind of things. I used to have a huge problem with ROB but I'm fine with his addition now despite him probably being one of the most annoying characters and, with time, I've forgiven Wolf for appearing too but I'm still hopeful for Krystal in a future installment.

Top Bottom