• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V3 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minordeth

Smash Ace
I have this hypothesis that every time a top player switches to some previously unused or underutilized secondary, it actually forces them to think about what they are doing. Basically, it discourages autopilot.

You see Leo punishing Bayo for dumb stuff more when he plays Corrin than Cloud, even though Cloud is Anti-Air: the Game.

If I was a top Bayo, and I saw Salem get beaten by Corrin, and Corrin wasn't on my radar, you better believe I'd be breaking and down labbing that MU, from frame data to options before I went to my next tourney. It's what top players should be doing. Instead, we get top players asking on twitter to lab MUs 30 minutes before their next match, or wondering if studying frame data is important, or bragging about how they never have to practice.

I don't think Corrin beats Bayo, but maybe she does. I do know that top players don't know how much they don't know, and they get pretty caught up in being confident anyway. So, basing MUs on how they play is a bad idea.

BSP

Smash Legend
So is the criteria for secondaries in Das Koopa's system just that they take games, or they take games and as a result help the player move forward in bracket? It should be the latter imo.

Gotta second not taking everything top players do as 100% optimal without question. With Ally and Mario for example, Dthrow Up B is never the right option and I wish he would stop doing it. Along with wishing he stopped trying to get dair to work vs Bayo (never will, and she can actually witch time OOS in the gap if Mario dairs her shield. Thanks F4 jumpsquat...)

YerTheBestAROUND

Smash Journeyman
Playing Zelda: Breath of the Wild for eternity.
1. Why can't Corrin's success be attributed to people not understanding how to fight the character/MU inexperience?

2. What is stopping her from dropping in public perception later on when years have passed, like with several other characters?
1. The amount of time that Corrin's gotten decent to good results. It's likely a good mixture of both because Corrin's still not really all that common despite decent placings.

2. Nothing, but what happens in the future does not matter right now. A tier list is indicative of a meta in the moment, a snapshot if you will. You shouldn't be worried about what could happen in the future of the game when making a tier list, you should be thinking of the meta as it is right now. If the meta changes, then you make another tier list to reflect that.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Just catching up on this thread after being absent for a while, so...

1st:
TSM | ZeRo :4diddy:
2nd:
P1 | Tweek :4cloud2:,:4dk::4bayonetta:
3rd:
NRG | Nairo :4zss:, :4diddy::4cloud2:
4th:
MVG | Salem :4bayonetta:
5th:
C9 | Ally :4mario:,:4diddy:
5th:
FOX MVG | MKLeo :4cloud2:,:4marth::4corrinf:
7th:
2GG | komorikiri :4cloud2:
7th:
MSF | Larry Lurr :4fox:
Oh wow, look at all those Clouds in this top 8; 4 of them!

And look, Diddy is also quite popular; 3 of them. Seems quite successful as a CP character too!

Bayonetta has a whole 2 representitives, and one of them never used her in top 8 at all (cant remember whether it was pools or not, I just know Tweek used her to reverse 3-0 MattyG), and the other player who used her during top 8 failed miserably (Leo Bayo was rather eh. No sword, no go apparently).

But hey, let's ban Bayonetta guys!!! :awesome:

I'm not dropping this meme for a loooooong time lmao.

-----

Memes aside, I do find it interesting the amount of players that opted for :4diddy:this weekend.

We've seriously said how historically secondary :4bayonetta:'s have failed in the past, but it would seem a secondary Diddy would be quite successful. I never expected Ally of all people to pull out a Diddy, never mind Nairo.

And if Nairo's anything to go by I still stand by the fact that Diddy can contest Bayonetta quite well. It's not a fun MU when you're forced to commit to a option against a banana holding Diddy.

And also, Tweek was on fire this weekend. Never before have I been legitimately hype for a Cloud and wanted to see them win. Kudos to him. His brutal 3-0 on Salem was bittersweet to me lmao.

-----

And HoSmash4 HoSmash4 - I saw you posted the results of DBZ. Firstly, great stuff! But secondly, how often are these? I really want to come down for one in the future, if mainly for the experience.

Last edited:

Nemesis561

Smash Apprentice
The Bayo white knights on this forum might be worst than the ones who constantly complain about her

Routa

Smash Lord
I want to remind that Diddy's options are heavily limited when he is holding a banana. In many of the MUs he should not be holding a banana untill his opponent is at kill confirm % just like Zero does. When fighting against Diddy the idea is to bait out banana toss from Diddy with movement and punish whiffed throw. For example Wario should be RTCing and floating around on a range where MF and banana toss are punishable on a reaction with Bike/Nair/DA. What you need is for Diddy to commit first.

Last edited:

dakotaisgreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaSkarner XLR
The Bayo white knights on this forum might be worst than the ones who constantly complain about her
You're right. I can't remember the last time I've seen a single person of note seriously suggest banning Bayonetta but every time I come to this website I see multiple people complaining about the ban Bayonetta boogeyman, that seems to only exist as a strawman for them to attack, because it makes them feel good about themselves when they call other people whiners. For complaining about a character that is quite honestly better than almost every other character in the game anyways.

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer
There's always a conversation in the wider Smash community about how broken Bayonetta is. It rarely escalates to ban, but when people see multiple Bayonetta's in top 16 or top 8, people definitely start talking.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean the sentiment doesn't exist.

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935
I want to remind that Diddy's options are heavily limited when he is holding a banana. In many of the MUs he should not be holding a banana untill his opponent is at kill confirm % just like Zero does. When fighting against Diddy the idea is to bait out banana toss from Diddy with movement and punish whiffed throw. For example Wario should be RTCing and floating around on a range where MF and banana toss are punishable on a reaction with Bike/Nair/DA. What you need is for Diddy to commit first.
Any tips for other characters that struggle with Diddy?

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
There's always a conversation in the wider Smash community about how broken Bayonetta is. It rarely escalates to ban, but when people see multiple Bayonetta's in top 16 or top 8, people definitely start talking.

Just because you don't see it doesn't mean the sentiment doesn't exist.

There were 3 main Clouds in the top 8 of Shine. I do not see any talks about banning him.( In singles )

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Now, I'm not necessarily being a white knight; I do not condemn what Bayonetta has in her kit, or play down what she can do. I'm merely making a meme out of the whole situation, because I do legitimately, find the notion of banning her, hilarious.

People in here are definitely more level headed than the wider community, but as others have said, there are definitely more people out there that complain about her than anything else.

Omni released an actually very interesting video on the topic the other day. Can't link it right now but it was titled "Why Bayonetta is Innocent".

Go search for it and watch; it's actually very good. The whole video pretty much sums up my stance on the whole situation.

There were 3 main Clouds in the top 8 of Shine. I do not see any talks about banning him.( In singles )
And that would likely be because he isn't widely considered the best character in the game.

If he was, things would almost 100% be a different story.

-----

Why do people think though that both Ally and Nairo opted for :4diddy: this weekend though? A while back, people were saying that Diddy was on his way out, with not many people pushing his metagame anymore, and if this weekend is anything to go by, I think it's far from the case.

Is he simply just a good CP character? Did they simply pick him because they wanted to use a better character than their mains in the specific MU? Is he secretly the best in the game and people don't want to admit it, for example?

As I stated before, while Nairo pulling out the Diddy was surprising, Nairo is very good with most characters. But Ally pulling out a Diddy? That absolutely came out of nowhere.

It could just as simple as Diddy is one of the best supporting/secondary characters. If we remember back to Smash Con, there were more Diddy's in top 64 than any other character IIRC (either on par with or tied with Cloud thinking about it), so that also supports the theory.

Is Diddy's toolkit just designed well enough to be more consistent than the likes of other top tiers like Sheik, Bayonetta, ZSS, Cloud etc?

I saw a tweet over the weekend saying that Diddy's players aren't copying ZeRo enough, and to an extent, I agree, but if we take Nairo's Diddy for example, that certainly wasn't ZeRo's playstyle, yet it still looked extremely strong and oppressive.

I actually enjoyed watching Nairo's Diddy from a playstyle stance; was very refreshing to see an overall more aggressive Diddy. ZeRo seems to play his Diddy slower, in a more methodical way, emphasising his ledge play which we all know is deadly. Nairo went gung-ho and while in a sense was still methodical, was certainly not slow. I'd say that's his ZSS playstyle rubbing off on him.

I'd actually be very interested to see Nairo's Diddy again. I think if he focused on just ZSS and Diddy, he could become an even more prominent threat than he is already.

Last edited:

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
People opt to pull out Diddy could be for many reasons. He's still a top three character so he's simply a stronger character to use. It could had been a spur of the minute let me try something new and risk it all, it could be alot of things. Diddy can get by on just fundamentals and excel because he's just that good a character and all top players have top level fundamentals so it's not difficult to pull out a "pocket" Diddy like you would a "pocket" Cloud.

Top players play alot as well, I would be shocked if alot of them aren't proficient with most the cast especially given how much you can drive by on fundamentals alone. I'm not surprised by any pocket pick at this point look at how many characters a lot of top players have used at one point. Nario has used a lot, Kameme uses Yoshi and Wario of all characters,MKLeo has a revolving door of sword characters, Hell even Ally has pulled a DK out before.

Last edited:

Routa

Smash Lord
What does this mean?
Poor wording from my side. My bad.
I should have said that Wario should be basically using his superior mobility to bait out toss and then punish with a option that is fast and has range. RTC provides both for Wario. For thous who don't know what RTC is

Best advice I can give is to bait out moves with movement, abuse platforms if Diddy is holding banana and focus heavily on spacing. Remember that Diddy lacks air mobility so he commits a lot when using Fair. There isn't one thing that turns the MU in disfavor of Diddy. I see way too many people fighting in a range where Fair and MF are very effective. The idea is to stay barely out of Fair range and where you can punish his MF on a reaction with a quick option (in Wario's case either Fair or RTC Ftilt).

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Well I'm adding that video to me my notes.

I'm glad we finally got around to the pocket Diddy talk; what I do not understand is why to me does it sound like the thread tries to justify a pocket Diddy like it is some oversight that players did include in their calculations? Then try to say that the character is secretly better than another character that some believe are very good?

I saw this happen a few months ago when Mekos won vs notable players and one user popped in the thread saying something like, "is it Lucas's time to shine,/ can he rise in the meta/so what do you guys think, is Lucas good now?"

Am I reading too much into this or is this just a way to get people to start talking?

-

Not related, but since I view this thread as the only active one of Smash 4, I want to share this thread I just posted here and see if I can get some thoughts on it. I plan on throwing it into the respective forums of the smash games too.

https://smashboards.com/threads/the...he-new-generation-from-fighter101-com.449827/

Last edited:

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935
People opt to pull out Diddy could be for many reasons. He's still a top three character so he's simply a stronger character to use. It could had been a spur of the minute let me try something new and risk it all, it could be alot of things. Diddy can get by on just fundamentals and excel because he's just that good a character and all top players have top level fundamentals so it's not difficult to pull out a "pocket" Diddy like you would a "pocket" Cloud.

Top players play alot as well, I would be shocked if alot of them aren't proficient with most the cast especially given how much you can drive by on fundamentals alone. I'm not surprised by any pocket pick at this point look at how many characters a lot of top players have used at one point. Nario has used a lot, Kameme uses Yoshi and Wario of all characters,MKLeo has a revolving door of sword characters, Hell even Ally has pulled a DK out before.
Don't forget VoiD's Fox!

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Two quick notes from this weekend. No one else in the crowd got hype for it from what I saw (idk about Twitch chat), but Ally did the footstool combo!

You could tell he was looking for it when he sort of left Leo at... 43%, I think? Though I'm not sure why he didn't do the killing variant (maybe he missed a jab and I didn't recall). Still got good damage, but needs more than damage to really swing that MU, IMO.

Second note - Ally has been talking about working on his Diddy for a while now. It's far from a random pocket.

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935
Anything to chime in about Lucina?

For the entire month, she's been completely lacking in a notable result, even in lower-tiered tourneys, so much so that the current r/smashbros tier list thread lists here as "N/A".

Even beyond that, top players that have used her as a secondary in the past have suddenly stopped, such as (most notably) ZeRo, who grinded her in Ignition weeklies as practice for Ally's Mario. I also remember that Nairo had a Lucina secondary, but I forgot the ways he used her.

EVEN BEYOND THAT, some redditors I've talked with feel convinced that she's not even Top 25 due to a huge lack of rep and results while still putting Marth within the Top 10 threshold (if not at the bottom, at least not far off). From a pure results perspective, I suppose it makes sense given that :4marth: is ranked within the Top 15 whereas :4lucina: is 26th.

However, in terms of MU chart and effectiveness, I find it very difficult to agree. The justification I always hear is because of tippers, and while I can agree that this gives Marth an edge, is it really justified enough to separate them from no less than 10 spots away?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
I just remembered Omni today, and while catching up on his videos, I ended with his Bayonetta video. He uses a lot of profanity in but I think to some he makes a good point, and I for agree with him or at least cracked a smile and felt good/positive on some of the topics he talked about.

Here a link to it.

I would give the original poster who brought up the video a like, but I am too lazy right to dig one or two pages back. Great find.

Last edited:

Illuminose

Smash Ace
nairo and ally play characters that have notable disadvantages in the bayo matchup, so they wanted to try something new (diddy kong). instead of playing disadvantaged matchups, they are playing even matchups with a practiced character that isn't too hard to maintain fundamentals-wise. it significantly helped that salem was playing really bad throughout the tournament, though. in general, this felt like the theme of the top 8. komo was playing very sloppy, messing up a lot of spacing/execution and reactions that he barely misses. leo was making a lot of uncharacteristic overextensions and weird plays against zero and looked completely hopeless against tweek. nairo was playing fine but not especially well i think - i honestly think most of his diddy's success can be attributed to salem playing poorly, as i don't think his diddy is actually that good...he was going for a lot of follow-ups and things that don't work, barely using down tilt, and generally doing a lot of punishable things that salem seemed uncharacteristically clueless about how to deal with. i think if we're talking about characters he's at a top level of proficiency with, we should be looking more at his cloud and lucina, not his diddy kong.

the only people i think actually played well/at potential during the shine top 8 were zero and tweek. it was otherwise a very disappointing top 8, with the level of play in many sets not reflecting the skill of the players involved. i'm not sure why this was, but this was definitely the worst top 8 (play-wise) of the summer.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Ally pulling out a Diddy? That absolutely came out of nowhere.
Ally has been talking about potentially using Diddy as a secondary since G4, though the Diddy pick was a throw out moment there with no practice what so ever. But I don't think it's a pocket anymore since he's going to train with tweek, cosmos ect this September.As for nairo I remember him tweeting out his match vs Salem before the match and someone commented go Diddy which he did which is... Idk. Coinsidence?

Last edited:

dakotaisgreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaSkarner XLR
Anything to chime in about Lucina?

For the entire month, she's been completely lacking in a notable result, even in lower-tiered tourneys, so much so that the current r/smashbros tier list thread lists here as "N/A".

Even beyond that, top players that have used her as a secondary in the past have suddenly stopped, such as (most notably) ZeRo, who grinded her in Ignition weeklies as practice for Ally's Mario. I also remember that Nairo had a Lucina secondary, but I forgot the ways he used her.

EVEN BEYOND THAT, some redditors I've talked with feel convinced that she's not even Top 25 due to a huge lack of rep and results while still putting Marth within the Top 10 threshold (if not at the bottom, at least not far off). From a pure results perspective, I suppose it makes sense given that :4marth: is ranked within the Top 15 whereas :4lucina: is 26th.

However, in terms of MU chart and effectiveness, I find it very difficult to agree. The justification I always hear is because of tippers, and while I can agree that this gives Marth an edge, is it really justified enough to separate them from no less than 10 spots away?
I think in some ways Lucina having some of the representation she has had has actually hurt her. There's a lot of low/mid tier characters that would love to have top players play them in tournament, to see what they can do in the hands of an undoubtedly highly skilled player. Player representation obviously means a lot, that's why Link doesn't matter unless T is there, Lucario doesn't matter unless Tsu is there, etc. The fact that we have seen Lucina in the hands of both Zero and Nairo and she still hasn't made any huge waves could potentially be a detriment to her as a character, as it shows that even in the hands of the very best she isn't a major threat. Now, I am personally of the mindset that Lucina and Marth are pretty interchangeable, and I'm not trying to start an argument about that, I'm just clarifying that I do not have a bias against Lucina. I just think it's worth pointing out that two of the best players in the world have practiced her for a decent length of time, know how to play her, and have tested her in the field plenty, but still don't really have any noteworthy accomplishments with her and don't seem to think it's worth using her in any clutch situations.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
There's actually a Lucina discussion going on r/smashbros right now lol, did you guys plan this?

Bowserboy3

NNID
Bowserboy3
Ah, Lucina discussion. Right on time.

Cryptic as ever, but:

If anything, it wouldn't surprise me if that tweet by Leo is in reference to the new FE Heroes Summoning event, where there's a special designed Lucina (along with Ike, Roy, and Lyn, who some may know from her being an Assist Trophy), which, I must admit myself, looks pretty damn sharp.

Leo's a big fan of FE in general, and judging by some of the first few non top player replies, it looks more like an FE Heroes thread than anything.

Salem has, of late, been talking about his general love for the FE universe (this man is after my heart; Bayo main and loves FE <3), for example. Leo may be just talking about things in general.

Though of course it could be Smash. I don't see why the best Marth in the world would need to use Lucina outside of just wanting to play about with the character. It's not like he struggles with Marth in the MU's he uses him for.

And in reference to dakotaisgreat dakotaisgreat 's post four posts up, to me, it kind of says something when Nairo would rather opt to play Bowser in CP situations rather than Lucina.

In a way, it's quite sad...

Last edited:

sleepy_Nex

Smash Journeyman
Nairo himself said that he has no real idea when and how to use Chars for a counterpick. Bowser just happens to be his generally best counterpick. So why should he actually go for lucina? Bowser always has a fear and comeback-factor around him even in bad mu's but for what mu's should he use Lucina? He will pull her out if he feels like it.

I mean he hasn't pulled out his ryu for ages in bracket either.

Frihetsanka

Smash Champion
Though of course it could be Smash. I don't see why the best Marth in the world would need to use Lucina outside of just wanting to play about with the character. It's not like he struggles with Marth in the MU's he uses him for.
Is there any reason for why he would need to use Corrin when he already has one of the best Clouds and the best Marth in the world? Yet he is using Corrin, presumably because he enjoys playing her (and perhaps he believes that she beats Bayonetta, which Ryuga and VikkiKitty also believe). Oh, and let's not forget that MkLeo might actually believe that Lucina is a better character than Marth.

MkLeo trying Lucina wouldn't be too surprising, not more surprising than Toon Link anyway (although I personally doubt he's going to keep using Toon Link). It still baffles me how people can simultaneously say that Marth is a top 10 character while Lucina struggles to make top 30. They have virtually identical MU charts!

dakotaisgreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MegaSkarner XLR
Good god it looks like we are doing this again.

Look, MK Leo being the best Marth in the world only matters so much. If you really want to be 100% thorough about this thing, watch a Marth set. Any Marth set. Watch it in slomo, go back and rewatch the major strings, keep track of everything in notepad. Anyone can do this. Count the amount of tippers the Marth player lands in the set and you can quite literally see whether or not the win/loss was determined by playing Marth vs Lucina. I understand this is a bit time consuming and tedious, but I did it a few times and I like to think you guys are generally quite as passionate about being thorough and learning more about this game as I am. I have done this several times with a few sets that I consider to be pretty important.

All the numbers for tipper vs non tipper attacks, and the damage for Lucina's attacks are all on Kurogane hammer of course. You will sometimes see games where if the Marth in question was playing Lucina, he'd have 6% more damage on the opponent from all the non tipper's he landed, then connect a hilted back air that would have killed on Lucina. This absolutely works in reverse as well, but we all know that. I like to remind people that this is totally an option they can utilize in any set they want, because it isn't theory craft. It isn't an opinion. It's just hard facts. You can pick any Marth/Lucina set and tell whether or not they would have done better if they played the exact same way using a different character.

Hell, if anyone is interested, link me a significant game with two top players where one of them is using Marth or Lucina and I'll break it down for you guys.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
Is there any reason for why he would need to use Corrin when he already has one of the best Clouds and the best Marth in the world? Yet he is using Corrin, presumably because he enjoys playing her (and perhaps he believes that she beats Bayonetta, which Ryuga and VikkiKitty also believe). Oh, and let's not forget that MkLeo might actually believe that Lucina is a better character than Marth.

MkLeo trying Lucina wouldn't be too surprising, not more surprising than Toon Link anyway (although I personally doubt he's going to keep using Toon Link). It still baffles me how people can simultaneously say that Marth is a top 10 character while Lucina struggles to make top 30. They have virtually identical MU charts!
At MKLeo's level it can be a comfort thing, he gets the same results with any of his characters and it is likely less people are as practiced in the Corrin MU than Marth and definitely Cloud. It's good he has a handful of characters that are roughly at the same level he can mix things up and keep his opponents from getting a hang on his gameplay in a set.

And I honestly believe that anyone who claims that Marth and Lucina are that far apart on a tier list are random Redditors, Twitch stream monsters and others who don't actually know much about the game as they claim and you should really stop paying attention to them.

Routa

Smash Lord
I think people are too focused on MU spreads when it comes to counterpicking characters. Main reason why DK is so great as a counterpick character is that he "counters" people with heavy shield usage. A lot of people choose to shield in a situation where they could just run away or avoid hit with movement. Marth and Lucina in the other hand "counter" people with bad ledge habbits and poor landing options (Marth being better at catching landings while Lucina is better at catching poor ledge options).
More people should counter playstyle instead of character.

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1
And just when I thought the explosion of Smash events was over, PAX West decides to hold an invitational (bracket).
Group A:
ZeRo :4diddy:
Ally :4mario::4diddy:
Konga :4dk:
Tweek :4cloud2::4dk:
Void :4sheik:
Larry Lurr :4fox:

Group B:
Salem :4bayonetta::4greninja:
Nairo :4zss::4bowser::4diddy:
MKLeo :4cloud2::4marth::4corrinf::4metaknight:
ANTi :4mario::4cloud2::4zss::substitute:
Captain Zack :4bayonetta::4wiifit:
KOSSismoss :4gaw::4dedede: (yes, he has a Dedede)
Will be interesting to see how the Washington players (Konga and KOSS) perform (like how Marss and Pugwest performed at the PAX East invitational).
(Not sure if I should make a weekend thread for this + First Attack.)

Last edited:

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935
And just when I thought the explosion of Smash events was over, PAX West decides to hold an invitational (bracket).
Group A:
ZeRo :4diddy:
Ally :4mario::4diddy:
Konga :4dk:
Tweek :4cloud2::4dk:
Void :4sheik:
Larry Lurr :4fox:

Group B:
Salem :4bayonetta::4greninja:
Nairo :4zss::4bowser::4diddy:
MKLeo :4cloud2::4marth::4corrinf::4metaknight:
ANTi :4mario::4cloud2::4zss::substitute:
Captain Zack :4bayonetta::4wiifit:
KOSSismoss :4gaw::4dedede: (yes, he has a Dedede)
Will be interesting to see how the Washington players (Konga and KOSS) perform (like how Marss and Pugwest performed at the PAX East invitational).
(Not sure if I should make a weekend thread for this + First Attack.)
Curious, but why would Koss have a Dedede?

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542

For an actual answer, I don't really know. Dedede may have a little easier time againat some of the sword characters that Game & Watch struggles against, but that's based on an old notion from before the slew of sword buffs.

He probably just likes Dedede.

NNID
User7a1
He probably just likes Dedede.
It's likely just this, and hey, there's nothing wrong playing a character you like. I just know he has a Dedede because he has used him in weeklies (from what I saw on YouTube) and at EVO.
Do I think he'll bring him out at PAX? Probably not.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Shine 2017 (August 25th-27th) (New England) (659 Entrants) (Category 5)
1st:
TSM | ZeRo :4diddy:
2nd:
P1 | Tweek :4cloud2:,:4dk::4bayonetta:
3rd:
NRG | Nairo :4zss:, :4diddy::4cloud2:
4th:
MVG | Salem :4bayonetta:
5th:
C9 | Ally :4mario:,:4diddy:
5th:
FOX MVG | MKLeo :4cloud2:,:4marth::4corrinf:
7th:
2GG | komorikiri :4cloud2:
7th:
MSF | Larry Lurr :4fox:
9th:
EMG | Mistake :4bayonetta:
9th:
Cosmos :4corrinf:
9th:
EMP | WaDi :4mewtwo:
9th:
Light :4fox:
13th:
CLG | VoiD :4sheik:
13th:
PG | ESAM :4pikachu:,:4samus:
13th:
Marss :4zss:,:4falcon:
13th:
Dark Wizzy :4mario:
17th:
Locus :4ryu:
17th:
PG | MVD :4diddy:
17th:
MattyG :4cloud2:
17th:
P1 | Captain Zack :4bayonetta:, :4wiifit:
17th:
Yatta | JK :4bayonetta:
17th:
tyroy :4bayonetta:,:4sheik:
17th:
EG | Zinoto :4diddy:
17th:
IMT | ANTi :4mario:, :4cloud2:
25th:
IceArrow :4greninja:
25th:
RvL | Mr. E :4marth:,:4lucina:
25th:
MJG :4tlink:
25th:
SSMBTL | Venom :4ryu:
25th:
Ho3K | Ralphie :4cloud2:
25th:
eesports | Sonix :4sonic:
25th:
Shoyo James :4diddy:
25th:
VGBC | Pink Fresh :4bayonetta:
33rd:
LingLing :4peach:
33rd:
GT | Vivid :4bayonetta:,:4lucario:
33rd:
ECG | The Great Gonzales :4ness:
33rd:
TSB | Chaos :4bowser:
33rd:
aperture :4sonic:
33rd:
Tri | Zoan :4mewtwo:
33rd:
Kuma :4sonic:
33rd:
Craftis :4sonic:
33rd:
LGS EMG Bkr | Blacktwins13 :4cloud2:,:4mario:
33rd:
TSG | Biddy :4tlink:
33rd:
Fwed :4fox:
33rd:
Pugwest :4marth:
33rd:
HBA | Wraith :4bayonetta:
33rd:
EZG | Remzi :4zss:
33rd:
Hide :4bayonetta:
33rd:
DarkAura :4greninja:
49th:
WtF | Trevonte :4sheik:
49th:
HBA | Riz :4metaknight:
49th:
Allest | Axiom XL :4cloud2:
49th:
PL | Omega Tyrant :4rob:
49th:
Ducky :4littlemac:
49th:
Raffi-X :4rob:
49th:
Poyo :4kirby:
49th:
Edwin :4pacman:
49th:
Xion :4cloud2:
49th:
Hero :4cloud2:
49th:
SilentDoom :4charizard:
49th:
FOX MVG | Mew2King :4cloud2:
49th:
Cilvanis :4mewtwo:
49th:
InC | Koolaid :4sheik:
49th:
Ramzy :4sheik:
49th:
Ksev :4fox:

1st: KEN :4sonic:
2nd: 9B :4bayonetta:
3rd: T :4link:
4th: Edge :4diddy:
5th: HIKARU :4dk:
5th: Earth :4pit:,:4corrinf:
7th: Ranai :4villager:
7th: Ron :4mario:,:4luigi:

1st: Jack Hunter :4sheik:
2nd: Plastic Poptart :4marth:,:4lucina:
3rd: Streakz :4mario:
4th: Peligod :4sonic:
5th: BWC :4kirby:,:4charizard:
5th: SevereCalamari :4sheik:
7th: Matsu :4robinf:
7th: Luigimitsu :4villager:,:4luigi:

1st: Dandy Penguin :4duckhunt:
2nd: Donquavious :4greninja:,:4zss:
3rd: Kresent :4megaman:,:4ryu:
4th: YoYoGuy :4fox:
5th: DEEPBLUE :4mario:
5th: Ak8s Phantasmagloria :4zss:,:4sheik:
7th: Moser :4villager:
7th: Musk Ox :4rob:

1st: Big D :4mario:
2nd: Captain L :4pikachu:,:4bayonetta:
3rd: Zak :4diddy:,:4metaknight:
4th: Len :4pit:

1st: Meerko :4lucina:
2nd: Chimera :4corrinf:,:rosalina:
3rd: TunaLink :4sonic:,:4fox:
4th: TylerDX :4lucas:

1st: Koleslaw :4diddy:,:4falcon::4sheik:
2nd: Wonderbread :4littlemac:,:4lucina:
3rd: Osprey :4falco:
4th: KeJovan :4bowser:

1st: VyQ :4mario:, :4bayonetta::4cloud2::4dk:
2nd: Kresent :4ryu:,:4megaman:
3rd: DEEPBLUE :4mario:,:4cloud2:
4th: Tony Guava :4mewtwo:

1st: Wrath :4sonic:
2nd: Harlock :4sheik:
3rd: Kamikaze :4yoshi:
4th: MarioKid :4mario:

1st: SilentRain :4bayonetta:,:4mario:
2nd: Biggymouth :4rob:
3rd: Mace :4fox:
4th: Braixen :4fox:,:4diddy:

1st: Euk :4sheik:
2nd: Paisen :4lucas:
3rd: BluB :4bayonetta:
4th: MukA^ :substitute:

Bayonetta: 751.5
Diddy Kong: 731.5
Cloud: 636.5
Sheik: 481.5
Mario: 427
Sonic: 410
Fox: 407.5
Zero Suit Samus: 338.5
Rosalina & Luma: 277.5
Ryu: 249.5
Mewtwo: 228
Corrin: 194.5
Mega Man: 162
Marth: 153
Pikachu: 151
Meta Knight: 139.5
Captain Falcon: 139
Donkey Kong: 138.5
Peach: 133.5
Greninja: 121
Ness: 118
Bowser: 110.5
Luigi: 106.5
Villager: 100.5
Toon Link: 84.5
Lucina: 84
R.O.B.: 79
Olimar: 73.5
Lucas: 70.5
Samus: 66
Yoshi: 65.5
Duck Hunt: 65
Lucario: 63.5
Little Mac: 52.5
Mr. Game & Watch: 43.5
Roy: 43.5
Ike: 42.5
Wario: 40
Pac-Man: 42
Charizard: 37
Robin: 34.5
Wii Fit Trainer: 30.5
Link: 26.5
Pit: 23.5
Shulk: 22
Palutena: 18
King Dedede: 14
Falco: 12
Ganondorf: 10
Jigglypuff: 9.5
Kirby: 7
Zelda: 5
Bowser Jr.: 4
Mii Brawler: 3.5
Mii Gunner: 3
Dark Pit: 2
HOO-HAH LIVES!!

Still think Diddy is better than Bayonetta. He's been winning everything, and ZeRo still plays him. How's Diddy not #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom