• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V3 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
Man.. anyone think its possible all the pressure was finally getting to him . Even in the his video he posted about about why Civil War is so important he sounded kind of nervous and uncertain. Saying that it would be the most difficult competition he will be in yet and it would be the most important event yet in the entire history of Smash 4

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
In a way, it's kind of a good thing to all upcoming competitors that ZeRo lost this early.

By that I mean, it shows that these top players aren't all superhuman; they do indeed suffer the same things that a lot of us do (nerves) from time to time.

Fantastic job to that ZSS player though. I can't bear to imagine his heart rate during the last stock!

Sad for ZeRo personally though. Isn't this his lowest placement, ever? Like, even across all games?

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
In a way, it's kind of a good thing to all upcoming competitors that ZeRo lost this early.

By that I mean, it shows that these top players aren't all superhuman; they do indeed suffer the same things that a lot of us do (nerves) from time to time.

Fantastic job to that ZSS player though. I can't bear to imagine his (this is me just assuming, correct me if "she" is more appropriate) heart rate during the last stock!

Sad for ZeRo personally though. Isn't this his lowest placement, ever? Like, even across all games?
Yup.
(Him and Ally are actually tied now)

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
Honestly I'd say ZeRo was playing regularly and just fine until Game 4/5 when it was clear he was shook, neither him or Luhtie were committing to much.

Also: a notable thing about Luhtie's playstyle I felt was that compared to the likes of Nairo and several top ZSS players, Luhtie didn't go for grabs. ZeRo has a habit of exploiting ZSS players by punishing whiffed grabs but Luhtie spent most of the game going for aerials and safer tilts whenever it felt like other players would go for a grab. It felt like ZeRo was waiting for Luhtie to commit to something he rarely did, something ZeRo caught onto after Game 3 from the looks of it. But by Game 5 I think both of them were already too scared to get caught in a kill setup since Luhtie was way too good with those edge guards and Diddy's kill confirms are way too safe.

Imagine that, Luhtie was probably scared out of his mind, but the best player in the world was probably even more scared of him.

Last edited:

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I never saw this set actually.

Was it on a different stream then?

Probably super premature asking, but is it uploaded or anything yet?

I'd assume if not, it will be one of the first to get uploaded due to the nature of the upset though.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
I never saw this set actually.

Was it on a different stream then?

Probably super premature asking, but is it uploaded or anything yet?

I'd assume if not, it will be one of the first to get uploaded due to the nature of the upset.
It was on the secondary stream, ESAsmash.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Maybe I'm biased because I got a lot of mileage out of challenging Locus's Focus Attack landings with Link's ridiculous multihits, but Ally had way too much respect for them.

That leads me to another point: How does Mario challenge Focus Attacks?

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm biased because I got a lot of mileage out of challenging Locus's Focus Attack landings with Link's ridiculous multihits, but Ally had way too much respect for them.

Isn't Dair a nice multihit?

Diamond Octobot

Smash Ace
NNID
Poyo97
3DS FC
2621-3110-7917
You can't always be ready to DAir. On the other hand, F.L.U.D.D. & Cape are nice anwsers. Not absolute, but they work nonetheless.

...Actually scratch that these 3 moves are ok answers

Last edited:

|RK|

Smash Marketer

Why challenge them?

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Why challenge them?
From personal experience, I got a lot of mileage from challenging them. Pretty much every time I hit Locus into the air, he'd try to Focus back to the ground, which in-turn got him hit. I still lost because he's just better, but by punishing his Focus Attacks with good multihits I kept it closer than I would have expected.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Link in Top 32 at the most stacked tournament ever

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Called it. HIKARU beat VoiD 3-1. His Fox (which looked crisp btw) but still.

Japan has such a grasp on Top 32 that if Aba beats Elegant for top 32 then Japan is confirmed for Top 8 lmao

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Regarding T I'd like to point out that it's his set win against NAKAT that got him into top 32.

Just mentioning it because I've been arguing against the notion that Fox mops the floor with Link for quite a while now. At this point I feel fairly confident in saying that it's an even matchup and given that T has beaten both Shogun's and NAKAT's Fox the burden of proof isn't even on me in that case. If you still think Fox wins it you better argue your points well.

:059:

MistressRemilia

Smash Journeyman
Link in Top 32 at the most stacked tournament ever
And yet the best wins of T so far are Nakat & Meteor. ( at CW )
Quite a fortunate bracket, wouldn't you say

Edit: K9 too, who apparently went Diddy, over Sheik, for some reason.

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
2GGC: Civil War top 32

Winners:
Earth :4pit: :4corrinf: vs Captain Zack :4bayonetta2:
Mr. R :4sheik: vs Nietono :4sheik:
Locus :4ryu: vs Kirihara :rosalina:
Dabuz :rosalina: vs Shuton :4olimar:
T :4link: vs Tsu- :4lucario:
HIKARU :4dk: vs Abadango :4mewtwo:
Nairo :4zss: vs Ranai :4villager:
Komorikiri :4cloud2: :4sonic: vs Fatality :4falcon:

Losers:
Larry Lurr :4fox: vs Mr. E :4lucina: :4marth:
9B :4bayonetta2: vs FOW :4ness:
Ally :4mario: vs ESAM :4pikachu:
Zinoto :4diddy: vs Salem :4bayonetta2:
Ac :4falco: :4metaknight: vs Trela :4ryu:
ANTi :4mario: :substitute: vs Samsora :4peach:
Tweek :4cloud2: :4dk: vs Marss :4zss:
Shope :4sonic: vs Falln :rosalina:

33rd:
Zenyou :4mario:
ImHip :4olimar: :4duckhunt:
MVD :4diddy:
Vinnie :4sheik: :rosalina:
Xzax :4fox:
Kameme :4megaman: :4darkpit:
Mr. Con Con :4luigi:
Luhtie :4zss:
Javi :4sheik: :4cloud2:
6WX :4sonic:
Lycan :4diddy:
Kome :4shulk:
NAKAT :4fox:
Nicko :4shulk:
VoiD :4sheik: :4fox:
Elegant :4luigi:

49th:
Charliedaking :4fox:
Aarvark :4villager:
Tyroy :4bayonetta2:
8BitMan :4rob:
WaDi :4mewtwo:
Mew2King :4cloud2:
Eon :4fox:
ZeRo :4diddy: :4sheik:
Konga :4dk:
SS :4villager: :4ness:
DSS :4metaknight:
Shaky :4ness:
Dath :4robinf:
Day :4lucario:
S1 :4ness:
Meteor :4sonic:

Last edited:

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
I have a strange feeling Captain Zack might be able to win this.

The stuff he did in that set against Kameme... I've never seen anything like that before.

Might be crazy for saying this, what does everyone think?

It may help with ZeRo out of the picture as well.

Last edited:

ShadowGuy1

Smash Lord
2GGC: Civil War top 32

Winners:
Earth :4pit: :4corrinf: vs Captain Zack :4bayonetta2:
Mr. R :4sheik: vs Nietono :4sheik:
Locus :4ryu: vs Kirihara :rosalina:
Dabuz :rosalina: vs Shuton :4olimar:
T :4link: vs Tsu- :4lucario:
HIKARU :4dk: vs Abadango :4mewtwo:
Nairo :4zss: vs Ranai :4villager:
Komorikiri :4cloud2: :4sonic: vs Fatality :4falcon:

Losers:
Larry Lurr :4fox: vs Mr. E :4lucina: :4marth:
9B :4bayonetta2: vs FOW :4ness:
Ally :4mario: vs ESAM :4pikachu:
Zinoto :4diddy: vs Salem :4bayonetta2:
Ac :4falco: :4metaknight: vs Trela :4ryu:
ANTi :4mario: :substitute: vs Samsora :4peach:
Tweek :4cloud2: :4dk: vs Marss :4zss:
Shope :4sonic: vs Falln :rosalina:

33rd:
Zenyou :4mario:
ImHip :4olimar: :4duckhunt:
MVD :4diddy:
Vinnie :4sheik: :rosalina:
Xzax :4fox:
Kameme :4megaman: :4darkpit:
Mr. Con Con :4luigi:
Luhtie :4zss:
Javi :4sheik: :4cloud2:
6WX :4sonic:
Lycan :4diddy:
Kome :4shulk:
NAKAT :4fox:
Nicko :4shulk:
VoiD :4sheik:
Elegant :4luigi:

49th:
Charliedaking :4fox:
Aarvark :4villager:
Tyroy :4bayonetta2:
8BitMan :4rob:
WaDi :4mewtwo:
Mew2King :4cloud2:
Eon :4fox:
ZeRo :4diddy: :4sheik:
Konga :4dk:
SS :4villager: :4ness:
DSS :4metaknight:
Shaky :4ness:
Dath :4robinf:
Day :4lucario:
S1 :4ness:
Meteor :4sonic: :4ryu:
Meteor did not use Ryu vs MKLeo. He beat him with Sonic. People just assume he uses Ryu because of MKLeos Ryu weakness. Also for VoiD, add Fox because it did take a game from Hikaru.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
I really want to see Zack vs Tsu in WFs now...the fight with Salem was amazing at Frostbite, and I want o see how Tsu plays against such an aggro bayo.....
Granted, if Tsu meets Fatality in QFs....it's all over for Tsu, and then Fatality will get bodied by Zack........
Despite having to face a sheik if he beats earth and a good probability of having to face a rosalina if he wins the sheik fight, things look good for zack imo.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Sheesh this game gets crazy at times.

"Yeah we have top and high tiers, but really anybody all the way down to the top half of low tier can place top 32 in a super stacked tournament. Including the one so stacked Zero failed to make top 32."

Certainly explains why tier lists can be seemingly all over the place.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Corrin, Ike, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi and Lucas kind of flopped this tournament, being unable to top 64. Corrin and Bowser might show up as secondaries for Earth/ESAM and Nairo respectively, but what on earth happened to the other four?

Last edited:

TheGoodGuava

Smash Ace
Corrin, Ike, Bowser, Wario, Yoshi and Lucas kind of flopped this tournament, being unable to top 64. Corrin and Bowser might show up as secondaries for Earth/ESAM and Nairo respectively, but what on earth happened to the other four?
Esam also has a Yoshi that we might actually see

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
Well Wario was literally just Gluttony and I don't know if the other Lucas mains went but Taiheta didn't so that's not helping his results here. Can't comment on the other two characters

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Only two Ike mains (and Lycan who will occasionally use Ike but I don't think he did this tournament). In Ryo's case I think he ran into match up inexperience x2: Kome and then Shaky. No clue about SM.

Did Ryuga show up for Corrin? Because if so that's a pretty major blowout. I know Cosmos didn't. Xion beat Wrath but that was about it for them. But the overall lack of Corrin results outside of "maybe Earth" is just furthering my belief that Corrin is mid tier and not high tier. If his MU spread was as good as claimed, he'd have at least one sure fire rep in the top 65. Time to put that thinking away and accept he ain't so great. Because quite frankly even if Ryuga didn't show up I'm pretty sure Corrin had more reps there than all of those characters you mentioned. Possibly combined.

Wario ran into "giant sword character issue" aka Shulk.

Marth took a beating as well considering how many of his reps showed up and how few made top 32.

Bowser... FinalBoss lost to a Ganondorf. Don't know anything beyond that.

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
There's only one person in top 32 who plays marth, and they've gone lucina for the vast majority of the tournament.......Marth had his good days at ZeRo saga and G4, the dlc had their bad day at Frostbite, now it's time for marth and I guess top players in general to have a bad day.

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
Only two Ike mains (and Lycan who will occasionally use Ike but I don't think he did this tournament). In Ryo's case I think he ran into match up inexperience x2: Kome and then Shaky. No clue about SM.

Did Ryuga show up for Corrin? Because if so that's a pretty major blowout. I know Cosmos didn't. Xion beat Wrath but that was about it for them. But the overall lack of Corrin results outside of "maybe Earth" is just furthering my belief that Corrin is mid tier and not high tier. If his MU spread was as good as claimed, he'd have at least one sure fire rep in the top 65. Time to put that thinking away and accept he ain't so great. Because quite frankly even if Ryuga didn't show up I'm pretty sure Corrin had more reps there than all of those characters you mentioned. Possibly combined.

Wario ran into "giant sword character issue" aka Shulk.

Marth took a beating as well considering how many of his reps showed up and how few made top 32.

Bowser... FinalBoss lost to a Ganondorf. Don't know anything beyond that.
Ryuga didn't show up.
Literally none of his high level reps did. Ryuga, Frozen, and Cosmos didn't attend, while Ryo apparently went all Ike (even against a Ness, oddly enough).

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ryuga didn't show up.
Literally none of his high level reps did. Ryuga, Frozen, and Cosmos didn't attend, while Ryo apparently went all Ike (even against a Ness, oddly enough).
Well that would certainly add to the "why Corrin did nothing" comment, though my point about Corrin still having more overall rep than those other characters combined most likely still stands.

But yeah: 0 top level Corrins (unless Earth counts then its 1), 1 top level Ike + 1 higher level Ike, 1 confirmed Bowser, 1 top level Wario, unknown number for Yoshi and Lucas.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Snoop got 65th, so that's something for Yoshi.

Lucas has like no rep at supermajors unless Taiheita shows up though, so there's that.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
So we've got 8 Japanese players in top 32 winners side (including a Link and DK!) in an American major no less. People still think they are inconsistent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom