• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official 4BR Tier List V3 - Competitive Insight & Analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Alright, so here's a very long explanation for my absence & my plans for the future. This is long and (probably) a bit depressing of a read, and the first veers into off-topic stuff, but this is the only time I've been this inactive since I started doing stuff and I think I should explain.

My mother's health declined significantly. She has been ill since 2014 after getting right-sided heart failure from amidarone poisoning, but her health showed no steady decline until this year. She had been in the hospital on and off a large number of times this year, seeming to worsen with each trip, which we frankly didn't grasp until a few days ago since she recovered well each time.

In September, she fell, which damage her hand and made her need a lot more assistance than she normally requires. This negatively affected my sleep schedule to the point where I was unable to do much of anything for roughly a month beyond meager updates. It was very hard to be committal because I never got more than three hours of sleep at a time. I didn't resent this since we assumed she would approve, and she slowly did, but she had to go in to the hospital for the third time this year due to poor lung conditions.

This time, unfortunately, her pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary edema worsened to the point where she had to go onto the ventilator after a few days. This was her fourth crash this year. Her first was brought on by a kidney infection in February, her second seemed spontaneous and occurred in June, her third occurred in early July while in the hospital for her second (also seemingly spontaneous), and her fourth occurred in mid-late October after her hand and physical ability had improved from her fall. Again, there was no outside factors we could find causing this, meaning her lungs themselves were in decline.

She never improved outside of one day where her pO2 was normal while at 100% oxygen on the ventilator. She developed a couple of infections, and eventually her 02 levels dropped from 90s to the low-mid 80s (still while on the maximum settings.) My dad and I were aware of how bad this looked, and a day later we received a call that she had gone into cardiac arrest. We were able to be there with her, but she passed away despite the best efforts of our hospital. She was simply too ill.

This happened on November 7th, around 9 days ago. I loved her very, very much, and her declining health and eventual death have affected me greatly. We managed to get in a lot of time, and the night before she fell when things started to get stressful, we had a big dinner as a family that I will never forget.

I post this now because I will progressively be moving back into updating scoring, the PR database, my thread, etc, since she nor my dad (who is alive and well, thankfully) would not want me to give up things I have enjoyed doing. However, the pace will be slow.

Now, the offseason of the PGR (from early December-late January) means I can focus on OrionRank in December, and I will still put forth a lot of help with that (I haven't lately for aforementioned reasons) as well as a region ranking project I announced via reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/7c3m5h/announcement_which_regions_are_the_best_a_region/

...As my mental state hasn't been the best, I have put forth nothing into this project since posting the announcement beyond the 10% of it I had done by the time I made the post, and I intend for it to be finished by the end of the month. This should be manageable.

Now, I will be fine, but I definitely am taking life in general very slowly right now. I'm doing productive things when I can, taking my mind off things when I can, coming to terms with what life will be now, etc. I do not intend to quit my work with Smash at all but the articles & projects I work on will continue to be slow in the coming months between the dedicated work required for the rankings and my lack of drive. I am making efforts to not sulk into a depressed mess because I do not want to ever be that, and nobody I know or have known would want me to be that.

Thank you to the people who appreciate the work I put in, thank you to @freeziebeatz for being an enormous help and a great partner for these projects for a year now to the point where you've improved and do most of the work (I'm sorry), thank you to TDK and Jaguar and everybody else who puts in archiving info, thank you to the 4BR for being a huge help, and I love this community and just wanted you guys to know everything.

I plan to put in a lot of work tonight in particular so you might expect an October update within a few hours. Once I'm caught up on November, I will continue my region ranking project.

I may hand over the PR topic to somebody else, but I can slowly update it over the next 2-3 months if I keep it.
My deepest condolences to you Das Koopa. Thank you for doing so much for this community for a year and a half, and please do not feel this is an obligation. Health comes first and foremost, and as all the others have said, make sure youre in the best state you can be. This isnt your job, and thanks for taking time to do all this in the first place.

Last edited:

Minordeth

Smash Ace
Alright, so here's a very long explanation for my absence & my plans for the future. This is long and (probably) a bit depressing of a read, and the first veers into off-topic stuff, but this is the only time I've been this inactive since I started doing stuff and I think I should explain.

My mother's health declined significantly. She has been ill since 2014 after getting right-sided heart failure from amidarone poisoning, but her health showed no steady decline until this year. She had been in the hospital on and off a large number of times this year, seeming to worsen with each trip, which we frankly didn't grasp until a few days ago since she recovered well each time.

In September, she fell, which damage her hand and made her need a lot more assistance than she normally requires. This negatively affected my sleep schedule to the point where I was unable to do much of anything for roughly a month beyond meager updates. It was very hard to be committal because I never got more than three hours of sleep at a time. I didn't resent this since we assumed she would approve, and she slowly did, but she had to go in to the hospital for the third time this year due to poor lung conditions.

This time, unfortunately, her pulmonary fibrosis and pulmonary edema worsened to the point where she had to go onto the ventilator after a few days. This was her fourth crash this year. Her first was brought on by a kidney infection in February, her second seemed spontaneous and occurred in June, her third occurred in early July while in the hospital for her second (also seemingly spontaneous), and her fourth occurred in mid-late October after her hand and physical ability had improved from her fall. Again, there was no outside factors we could find causing this, meaning her lungs themselves were in decline.

She never improved outside of one day where her pO2 was normal while at 100% oxygen on the ventilator. She developed a couple of infections, and eventually her 02 levels dropped from 90s to the low-mid 80s (still while on the maximum settings.) My dad and I were aware of how bad this looked, and a day later we received a call that she had gone into cardiac arrest. We were able to be there with her, but she passed away despite the best efforts of our hospital. She was simply too ill.

This happened on November 7th, around 9 days ago. I loved her very, very much, and her declining health and eventual death have affected me greatly. We managed to get in a lot of time, and the night before she fell when things started to get stressful, we had a big dinner as a family that I will never forget.

I post this now because I will progressively be moving back into updating scoring, the PR database, my thread, etc, since she nor my dad (who is alive and well, thankfully) would not want me to give up things I have enjoyed doing. However, the pace will be slow.

Now, the offseason of the PGR (from early December-late January) means I can focus on OrionRank in December, and I will still put forth a lot of help with that (I haven't lately for aforementioned reasons) as well as a region ranking project I announced via reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/7c3m5h/announcement_which_regions_are_the_best_a_region/

...As my mental state hasn't been the best, I have put forth nothing into this project since posting the announcement beyond the 10% of it I had done by the time I made the post, and I intend for it to be finished by the end of the month. This should be manageable.

Now, I will be fine, but I definitely am taking life in general very slowly right now. I'm doing productive things when I can, taking my mind off things when I can, coming to terms with what life will be now, etc. I do not intend to quit my work with Smash at all but the articles & projects I work on will continue to be slow in the coming months between the dedicated work required for the rankings and my lack of drive. I am making efforts to not sulk into a depressed mess because I do not want to ever be that, and nobody I know or have known would want me to be that.

Thank you to the people who appreciate the work I put in, thank you to @freeziebeatz for being an enormous help and a great partner for these projects for a year now to the point where you've improved and do most of the work (I'm sorry), thank you to TDK and Jaguar and everybody else who puts in archiving info, thank you to the 4BR for being a huge help, and I love this community and just wanted you guys to know everything.

I plan to put in a lot of work tonight in particular so you might expect an October update within a few hours. Once I'm caught up on November, I will continue my region ranking project.

I may hand over the PR topic to somebody else, but I can slowly update it over the next 2-3 months if I keep it.

I’m so sorry for your loss :(

In real life, part of my job is managing and taking care of patients on ventilators and who suffer from critical illnesses. I know it’s not much of a condolence, but having worked with quite a few patients and their families in something like your mom’s situation, the opportunity to gain a lasting, positive memory amidst decline is tragically rare, as the line between home and the ICU is crossed quickly.

Thank you for dedicating what you have to this I community. As others have said, care for yourself first. The Smash community isn’t going anywhere. :)

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935

Gee, I'm sorry for your loss. Take as much time off as you need.

DinsFireIsOP

Smash Cadet

Hi! I'm one of these lurkers who never post here, so I just wanted you to know that some people like me or even simple guests read Smashboards even though they never post - and personally I greatly appreciate your posts :) .

That being said, don't feel forced to continue your work now if you don't feel it! You're doing that for free, and you obviously need to take some time for you. Of course, keep doing it if that's what you love to do, but don't feel forced to do it - you do not need to feel sorry / apologize for your absence when your reasons are totally understandable.

Again, take the time you need and thanks for all of your work!

KakuCP9

What does it mean to be strong?

I lost my grandmother a few months ago, though due a language barrier, we weren't as close as we should be despite her being with me my whole life. My mom on the other was hurt deeply and wished she had more time like anyone who lost someone dear to them. So I did what any family member would do, I stayed by her side and comforted her. Not just me and dad and my sisters, we visited our other family members and they said their peace as well. Eventually the pain slowly went away and mom came to terms with grandma's passing. Hopefully your dad and the rest of your family can help ease your pain as well so it doesn't remain unbearable. And who knows, maybe us schmucks here and help you out as well (if you would like that is). Just keep on keeping on buddy.

Last edited:

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
nairochart.png

Nairo finally made a :4zss:matchup chart.
Interesting things he said/did:
- :4dk::4bowser: and :4rob: weren't +3 because of their throw setups. Nearly put DK at +2 and Bowser at +1 but left both at +2 instead
- Doesn't think :4robinm: does as poorly as most of his players believe, but still put it at +2
- Almost put :4wario2:in +2
- Almost put :4lucario: at +2
- Almost put :4tlink: at Even
- Almost put :4duckhunt: at +2
- Almost put :4olimar: at Even
- Almost put :4ness: at Even
- Almost put :4lucas: at Even
- Almost put :4fox: at -1
- :4jigglypuff::4kirby: are bad because he can run away and they can't do anything
- Considered making :4greninja:-1 and :rosalina:+1 but decided against it
- :4mario:, :4luigi:, and Peach lean closer to +1 for :4zss: than -1
- Couldn't decide who does better between :4lucina::4marth:
- :4pikachu: was said to either be even or -1 but he settled at -1
- Thought :4sonic: was borderline +2 pre-patch but became -1 after he got to play KEN more, as he's the only one that plays the matchup properly
- :4diddy:'s "not that bad" anymore because he can kill him off one hit despite not being able to ladder from the ground without max rage
- :4sheik::4diddy::4cloud2::4bayonetta: were all described as -2 but he seemed very hesitant to put anything at -2. However, they are most definitely closer to -2 than Even
- :4cloud2::4bayonetta:matchups are made infinitely harder by losing the consistency of ZSS's only good OoS kill option
-:4cloud2:got harder once they started abusing Up Air more
- :4bayonetta: is definitely her worst matchup

Last edited:

FeelMeUp

Smash Lord
NNID
BathMonster
im surprised he put Sheik at -1 despite that 5-10 minute long rant on how hard the matchup is for ZSS
Same here. He talked about how ridiculously difficult it is to touch Sheik and how bad most of the Sheiks choke for longer than he spoke on half the roster combined. Made the MU sound unwinnable.

Last edited:

ARGHETH

Smash Lord
- :4dk::4bowser: and :4rob: mostly weren't +3 because of their throw setups. Nearly put DK at -2 and Bowser at -1 but left both at -2 instead
- Doesn't think :4robinm: does as poorly as most of his players believe, but still put it at -2
- Almost put :4wario2:in -2
- Almost put :4lucario: at -2
- Almost put :4tlink: at Even
- Almost put :4duckhunt: at +2
- Almost put :4olimar: at Even
- Almost put :4ness: at Even
- Almost put :4lucas: at Even
- Almost put :4fox: at -1
- :4jigglypuff::4kirby: are bad because he can run away and they can't do anything
- Considered making :4greninja:-1 and :rosalina:+1 but decided against it
- :4mario:, :4luigi:, and Peach lean closer to +1 for :4zss: than -1
- Couldn't decide who does better between :4lucina::4marth:
- :4pikachu: was said to either be even or -1 but he settled at -1
- Thought :4sonic: was borderline +2 pre-patch but became -1 after he got to play KEN more, as he's the only one that plays the matchup properly
- :4diddy:'s "not that bad" anymore because he can kill him off one hit despite not being able to ladder from the ground without max rage
- :4sheik::4diddy::4cloud2::4bayonetta: were all described as -2 but he seemed very hesitant to put anything at -2. However, they are most definitely closer to -2 than Even
- :4cloud2::4bayonetta:matchups are made infinitely harder by losing the consistency of ZSS's only good OoS kill option
-:4cloud2:got harder once they started abusing Up Air more
- :4bayonetta: is definitely her worst matchup
Mind if I steal this and post it on Reddit?

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223

My condolences, man. Do what it takes to make you happy. I appreciate that you provide a different perspective than the PGR, but at the end of the day it only works if you yourself feel invigorated by responsibility for it, instead of burden.

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Thank you all for the kind words and support :)

Here's the October update, just finished it this morning:

Monthly character movements:

Bayonetta +1.9%
Cloud +1.7%
Corrin +0.8%
Rosalina & Luma +0.6%
Zero Suit Samus +0.6%
Lucina +0.4%
R.O.B. +0.4%
Sheik +0.4%
Shulk +0.3%
Mewtwo +0.3%
Meta Knight +0.1%
Ryu +0.1%
Donkey Kong +0.1%

Samus = 0.9%
Marth = 1.1%
Peach = 1.4%
Pikachu = 1.6%
Ness = 2.0%
Other = 7.8%

Roy -0.1%
Olimar -0.2%
Captain Falcon -0.3%
Villager -0.3%
Mega Man -0.3%
Link -0.3%
Yoshi -0.4%
Sonic -0.5%
Luigi -0.6%
Greninja -0.6%
Toon link -0.7%
Fox -0.7%
Diddy Kong -0.9%
Mario -1.8%

Bayonetta: 350.5
Cloud: 314.25
Diddy Kong: 263.25
Sheik: 220.5
Fox: 216
Sonic: 187
Mario: 162.75
Rosalina & Luma: 119
Zero Suit Samus: 117
Mewtwo: 109.5
Ryu: 100
Captain Falcon: 88.25
Meta Knight: 70.25
Ness: 65
Luigi: 64.25
Greninja: 63.25
Corrin: 55.5
Pikachu: 50.5
Peach: 45.25
Toon Link: 45.25
Donkey Kong: 38
Marth: 35.25
R.O.B.: 35.25
Lucina: 33.5
Mega Man: 28
Samus: 28
Shulk: 25.5
Villager: 25
Olimar: 24
Roy: 23.5
Link: 20.5
Bowser: 20.5
Yoshi: 19
Mr. Game & Watch: 19
Lucas: 18
Ike: 18
Wario: 14
Lucario: 13.75
Duck Hunt: 13
Little Mac: 12.5
Falco: 10
Charizard: 8
Wii Fit Trainer: 7.5
King Dedede: 7
Ganondorf: 6
Robin: 6
Palutena: 3
Pit: 3
Zelda: 2.5
Bowser Jr.: 2
Dr. Mario: 1.5
Pac-Man: 1
Kirby: 1
Jigglypuff: 0.25
Dark Pit: 0
Mii Brawler: 0
Mii Gunner: 0
Mii Swordfighter: 0

Results Thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-placing-database-scoring-project.437773/

Methodology: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jks0EtmeNemKsm2rXzYf8RB3D43-Ru23ypx_DOnQPDY/edit#

Previous Month: https://smashboards.com/threads/4br...nsight-analysis.445990/page-193#post-21852602

Plan is to post tournament update stuff a little bit later - I know the database is pretty far behind. I'll be focusing on player research in the meantime for the region ranking.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
Good work as always Koopa what you do for the community is invaluable keep strong.

Also October was very good to Ness I see how much did Gackt had to do what that? Also Robin and Lucario plummeted wow.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Umebura 30 (255 Entrants) (Japan)

1st: Choco :4zss:
2nd: Abadango :4mewtwo: :4bayonetta2:
3rd: Earth :4pit: :4corrinf::4darkpit:
4th: bAhuto :4mario::4falcon:
5th: KEN :4sonic:
5th: Lea :4greninja:
7th: Kameme :4megaman: :4sheik:
7th: MatchaN. :4mewtwo:
9th: Tsu- :4lucario:
9th: Protobanham :4cloud2:
9th: Lickey :4metaknight:
9th: Nietono :4diddy: :4sheik:
13th: Mao :4cloud2:
13th: Pichi :4falcon:
13th: Eim :4sheik:
13th: Kirihara :rosalina:

Last edited:

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Worth noting that Lea sent KEN to losers early on in a 2-0 fashion. Another great result from Choco, losing the first GF set to Abadango's Bayo but clutching out set 2 with the reverse 2-0.

Vyrnx

Smash Ace
Choco has for sure been the second best ZSS of 2017. I don't mean this as an insult to Marss at all, but Choco has now, out of all majors he's attended this year, placed 1st at two Umeburas; 3rd at three Umeburas, a Sumaboto, and SGC; and 7th at a Sumaboto. Choco might be the only Japanese player to place top 8 at all the Japanese majors he's attended this year (let alone top 3 at 7/8), and he's beaten practically every top player from Japan, including KEN, who's made Nairo look hopeless in their last two sets.

Marss has a better individual performance in TBH7 and probably Civil War as well (so it's still arguable), but across the board I think it has to be Choco. Especially given that Choco is winning majors.

Last edited:

Galaxeon

Smash Cadet
Das Koopa Das Koopa You're one of the reasons why I wanted to follow this community and tried to contribute more in this topic. Your work has been very inspiring, thank you and please, take care of yourself!

I've thought this for some time now: Rosalina is slightly overrated. She's easily top ten but not top 6 and not close to the top 3. Rosa can be very oppressive and seems incredibly OP when she's winning. But she also is the 4th lightest character (lighter than Kirby by 2 units), has no hitbubbles/armor on her upB and a huge hurtbox ie Mewtwo syndrome.
I kind of think Rosa's hurtbox is deceptively not that big:

https://twitter.com/KuroganeHammer/status/924393528309850112

True, it's quite tall - which her crouch mitigates - but not very wide despite how she's drawn, and that matters a lot too. Especially when she basically has a walking shield hitting like a truck just standing in front of said hurtbox.

Also, Choco's amazing! I wish he could travel more often.

krazySyko

Smash Cadet
Umebura 30 (255 Entrants) (Japan)

1st: Choco :4zss:
2nd: Abadango :4mewtwo: :4bayonetta2:
3rd: Earth :4pit: :4corrinf::4darkpit:
4th: bAhuto :4mario:
5th: KEN :4sonic:
5th: Lea :4greninja:
7th: Kameme :4megaman: :4sheik:
7th: MatchaN. :4mewtwo:
9th: Tsu- :4lucario:
9th: Protobanham :4cloud2:
9th: Lickey :4metaknight:
9th: Nietono :4diddy: :4sheik:
13th: Mao :4cloud2:
13th: Pichi :4falcon:
13th: Eim :4sheik:
13th: Kirihara :rosalina:
bAhuto also used :4falcon:against Earth in winner's semis and took a game.

NairWizard

Somewhere

Intelligent, hard-working, genuine people like you mean more to me than any video game ever could.

Forget the game. Go take care of yourself. We'll be here when you get back and we'll eat up your posts just as avidly.

Nemesis561

Smash Apprentice
Das Koopa I’m so sorry for your loss. Thanks so much for your info I always look forward to reading it and thanks for your contributions to our community

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
It's kinda funny how Day says Ike is one of Luc's worst matchups and says he beats Sonic yet Tsu says Luc beats Ike and goes even with Sonic. I guess it's due Day not playing against KEN and Tsu not playing against Ryo.
Japan in general has a low opinion towards Ike so its understandable.

although the fact that Tsu represents Lucario and all we have is Day... :(

Aaron1997

Smash Ace
NNID
Aaron1318
Last edited:

Nathan Richardson

Smash Ace
NNID
Zeratrix
Smashville VI: The Revival (49 entrants) (Bentonville, AR)

https://smash.gg/tournament/smashville-vi-revival/events/wii-u-singles/brackets/164196

1. Chucknasty:4charizard::4metaknight:
2. Hertz:4mewtwo::4cloud2::4wario:
3. Cheezeballer :4dk::4lucas:
4. Danbi:4yoshi::4cloud2:
5. Keldeo:4pacman:
5. Muse:4tlink::4cloud2:
7.Shiny:4diddy:
7. Doctor B:4falcon:
9. Muj:4corrinf:

Also today I eliminated Muj:4corrinf: today so I finally got a decent win that's has made noise at major's. Even though Muj's win over Dabuz was probably a 1 time deal.
Congratulations on eliminating Muj. I'd love to talk with Chucknasty, see if he can give me any pointers on using zard. And if mewtwo is a good secondary to use with zard.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I really wanted to complain about the slight advantage over Ike, but then I saw DK
Shouldn't lucario just get boddied by him in neutral and die at 60 or is there something I'm missing?
Yeah, Lucario actually has all of the neutral tools you'd like vs DK. A projectile that forces approaches and can prevent grabs while charging. Good initial dash speed, a disjoint (bair) that is safe on shield... Actually does way better in neutral than people think. Also, he dies at 80-something, not 60. That's important, since he can at least reach normal strength.

If you play patiently enough, Lucario does solidly.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Maybe im missing something, but pk boys, wario, and game and watch being slight disadvantage confuses me. I guess with pk boys it's a matter of kill throws and confirms out of throws, plus keeping him off stage with pk thunder, but wario and game and watch confuse me, is it being able to take stocks out of nowhere with waft and judge/barrel, eliminating a stock of rage aura? Idk.

Skeeter Mania

Smash Ace
NNID
Ampharos2935
Maybe im missing something, but pk boys, wario, and game and watch being slight disadvantage confuses me. I guess with pk boys it's a matter of kill throws and confirms out of throws, plus keeping him off stage with pk thunder, but wario and game and watch confuse me, is it being able to take stocks out of nowhere with waft and judge/barrel, eliminating a stock of rage aura? Idk.
I can understand his opinion on Wario.

Throughout pretty much the whole game, Wario has little incentive to approach and can effectively outmanoeuvre Lucario in the air. He also isn't fazed much by edgeguarding, which is a big strength Lucario has in a lot of MUs.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Game & Watch forces Lucario to be very careful with using Aura Sphere/Force Palm to space; Oil Panic can completely take away any strength Aura should have in the matchup (the charging hitbox is still scary). Lucario is also fairly easy to juggle and has a fairly edgeguard-susceptible recovery unless he goes high.

D

Deleted member

Tsu has updated his MU chart:

How come Wario has a slight advantage against Lucario according to Tsu? I am also curious about why Mr. Game and Watch has a slight advantage over Lucario as well.

Thank you all for the kind words and support :)

Here's the October update, just finished it this morning:

Monthly character movements:

Bayonetta +1.9%
Cloud +1.7%
Corrin +0.8%
Rosalina & Luma +0.6%
Zero Suit Samus +0.6%
Lucina +0.4%
R.O.B. +0.4%
Sheik +0.4%
Shulk +0.3%
Mewtwo +0.3%
Meta Knight +0.1%
Ryu +0.1%
Donkey Kong +0.1%

Samus = 0.9%
Marth = 1.1%
Peach = 1.4%
Pikachu = 1.6%
Ness = 2.0%
Other = 7.8%

Roy -0.1%
Olimar -0.2%
Captain Falcon -0.3%
Villager -0.3%
Mega Man -0.3%
Link -0.3%
Yoshi -0.4%
Sonic -0.5%
Luigi -0.6%
Greninja -0.6%
Toon link -0.7%
Fox -0.7%
Diddy Kong -0.9%
Mario -1.8%

Bayonetta: 350.5
Cloud: 314.25
Diddy Kong: 263.25
Sheik: 220.5
Fox: 216
Sonic: 187
Mario: 162.75
Rosalina & Luma: 119
Zero Suit Samus: 117
Mewtwo: 109.5
Ryu: 100
Captain Falcon: 88.25
Meta Knight: 70.25
Ness: 65
Luigi: 64.25
Greninja: 63.25
Corrin: 55.5
Pikachu: 50.5
Peach: 45.25
Toon Link: 45.25
Donkey Kong: 38
Marth: 35.25
R.O.B.: 35.25
Lucina: 33.5
Mega Man: 28
Samus: 28
Shulk: 25.5
Villager: 25
Olimar: 24
Roy: 23.5
Link: 20.5
Bowser: 20.5
Yoshi: 19
Mr. Game & Watch: 19
Lucas: 18
Ike: 18
Wario: 14
Lucario: 13.75
Duck Hunt: 13
Little Mac: 12.5
Falco: 10
Charizard: 8
Wii Fit Trainer: 7.5
King Dedede: 7
Ganondorf: 6
Robin: 6
Palutena: 3
Pit: 3
Zelda: 2.5
Bowser Jr.: 2
Dr. Mario: 1.5
Pac-Man: 1
Kirby: 1
Jigglypuff: 0.25
Dark Pit: 0
Mii Brawler: 0
Mii Gunner: 0
Mii Swordfighter: 0

Results Thread: https://smashboards.com/threads/tournament-placing-database-scoring-project.437773/

Methodology: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Jks0EtmeNemKsm2rXzYf8RB3D43-Ru23ypx_DOnQPDY/edit#

Previous Month: https://smashboards.com/threads/4br...nsight-analysis.445990/page-193#post-21852602

Plan is to post tournament update stuff a little bit later - I know the database is pretty far behind. I'll be focusing on player research in the meantime for the region ranking.
What a thought out, great post! This information you gathered made my day, and nice list of how much the fighters are used, it is very accurate! Well done! Keep up the good work!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rizen

Smash Legend
How come Wario has a slight advantage against Lucario according to Tsu?
Waft kills get around Aura really well. Wario can play lame when Lucario's neutral is weak and kill him off consistent setups without giving aura a chance to become a threat.

Envoy of Chaos

Smash Ace
From my local Wario I believe his ability to camp out Lucario is what keeps him at an advantage I'll have to ask him to clarify.

As for Ness, Lucario can't throw out Aura Sphere at will it's reactable with magnet. Since he can't just toss it at you unless he wants to heal you for a lot of damage the amount of times he can use the charge as a neutral tool is limited. Force palm is a bit less reactable but also can be absorbed helping with another strong kill option of his. Ness does fine in close quarters combat with Lucario and his incredible raw kil power (up air, back throw, bair, Nair at ledge, Dsmash, Fsmash, PKT2, etc) means he won't get to abuse Aura for very long. Speaking of off stage it's very rough for Lucario, PKT eats him up as he doesn't have a way to deal with it, the tail puts up a wall he can't Extreme Speed through and Dsmash is great at catching his ledge grab.

Most Ness players I see place it at advantage or even and personality I've never had alot of trouble with that MU so I can see why Tsu placed him as he did

Ziodyne 21

Smash Lord
My question is what are the points that makes Bowser a losing MU for Lucario but DK a winning one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom